[December 2059] Blood and Cherry Blossoms (Solo: Bailey)   Posted by Mr. Johnson.Group: 0
Mr. Johnson
 GM, 457 posts
Tue 25 Jan 2022
at 03:10
[May 2058] The Good The Bad and The Pretty (Prelude: Bailey)
Smoothing her white suit as she falls in beside you, she replies "Well, I suppose it will have to do. Let's do head back to your room then.  The agency is very excited about your recent exploits. Very positive press.  We'd love to discuss an exclusivity deal.  Very lucrative, I assure you."
Bailey
 player, 26 posts
Tue 25 Jan 2022
at 16:26
[May 2058] The Good The Bad and The Pretty (Prelude: Bailey)
Lucrative deals? Color her interested. Suddenly, Bailey is aware she's not in any makeup.

"Right this way," Bailey says, extending a hand toward the hall. She leads the way down the hall, back to her little private room. Some of the mystery, perhaps, starting to be solved. When she returns, she sits on the edge of the bed. A tug removes the IV from her arm. Whatever was going on here, it was probably best not to be full of...

A glance up at the bag.

Saline.
Mr. Johnson
 GM, 463 posts
Tue 25 Jan 2022
at 20:06
[May 2058] The Good The Bad and The Pretty (Prelude: Bailey)
ďWeíre all very excited by the buzz of course. So glad to have you on board with us already, itís a real treat to work with young fresh talent.Ē she says briefly considering her surroundings before deciding to stay standing. ďGavanche was quite pleased to see thier dress featured so prominently and that thing with your Frederickís stilettos! Absolutely feral!Ē
Bailey
 player, 28 posts
 Face Adept
Wed 26 Jan 2022
at 00:08
[May 2058] The Good The Bad and The Pretty (Prelude: Bailey)
"Um, what can I say? Inspiration struck," Bailey was a talented enough improvisor to go along, and a smart enough negotiator not to show her hand. Especially when she didn't even know what cards she'd been dealt. "So someone must've caught something on a feed? I'd love to see it. Obviously, my access has been... Limited," she gestures around to the room by way of explanation.

"But people are talking? That seems like an opportunity."
Mr. Johnson
 GM, 467 posts
Wed 26 Jan 2022
at 03:25
[May 2058] The Good The Bad and The Pretty (Prelude: Bailey)
"Oh, you haven't seen it? It's been all over the trids.  Well, not here of course. News of a beautiful and deadly bodyguard saving the son of the ambassador of Tir Tairngire doesn't play well here in the Bay City.  But up in Tir you have generated quite the buzz. Scrolling her PocSec, she stops holds the phone out to you. "They're calling you Nightshade."

> Play

Wet pavement shining under streetlights under a drone's eye view.  The limo, stopped in the middle of the street with the remains of a Yamaha Rapier crushed beneath the front end. Injured rider lying on the pavement. A half dozen men, all in red leather and all dismounted from their bikes, surround the limo.

Marco and Eelwyn stand off to one side with two of the men. There is no sound save the hum of the rotors, but from the body language, it seems like a heated conversation. There you are, with Fae. He is on his PocSec standing near one of the bikers, all of you standing over the injured man.

The drone's camera picks up on the AR coding of your dress and a gossamer silver Gavanche logo floats ghostlike over the image just before shots ring out.  Marco falls under the uzi spray. Eelwyn falls over him, shielding him with her body. Fae turns, shock on his face as a katana comes down taking off his arm. PocSec shattering glass and plastic on the street in a pool of blood...

The drone sinks low, catching your face in sharp relief.  Are your eyes glowing? Bright emeralds in the night...

Combat!

(1) You have the drop ...err... had the drop ...they expected you to panic, not... do whatever it is you do...
(2) Where the rider lies injured, there was a heavy pistol...
(3) ...and a katana.
(4) Did you pick one of them up?
(5) Or did you do it all with your bare hands?

Bailey [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Go Gang (Rabble) [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

Bailey
 player, 29 posts
 Deadly
 With stilletos
Wed 26 Jan 2022
at 04:13
[May 2058] The Good The Bad and The Pretty (Prelude: Bailey)
The drone pulls back. Out of danger, and with a better angle for what is no doubt about to play out. A kick- the camera zooms in quickly, catching the water droplets flying away from what the AR built-in reveals to be a Fredrick's buckle clasp stiletto in nightshade violet, available now in twelve riveting colors- the pistol flips from the pavement. The camera's spotlight bounces of the beads of water that arc away as it twirls against the woman's palm. The gun's AR coding comes up scrambled just as the holster sets against her palm with what must be a satisfying click. She twirls around, high slit skirt rising from the spin and baring long bits of pale leg.

The camera catches her face as she lines up the iron sight. Eyes beaming. The trigger pulls back. The pop manages to break over the sound of the rotors.

Chaos breaks out. The gangers turn their attention toward her as one of them spins around his heels, grabbing at his shoulder. The katana flashes down, only to be caught by the sole of Bailey's shoe. Her ankle as high as her shoulder, she twists it. Her heel drags across the back of the ganger's hand. The seams burst open and the katana goes flying.
Mr. Johnson
 GM, 472 posts
Wed 26 Jan 2022
at 05:41
[May 2058] The Good The Bad and The Pretty (Prelude: Bailey)
The Morrisey Elite fits your hand perfectly. Even now, you can almost feel the knurled synthetic pistol grip, hard plastic with slightly sticky rubber to prevent it from slipping. The only thing better would be if you had found two...

You have the drop Deal Damage
Heavy pistol +4 / Armor -1 / AP +1 ... 4 dmg

Rock and Roll - Gunfighter
22:22, Today: Mr. Johnson, on behalf of Bailey, rolled 10 using 2d6+1 ((5,4)).
Strong success
Heavy pistol +4 / Armor -1 / AP +1 / Gunfighter +1 ... 5 dmg
Essence 5/6


Was that two shots? But three gangers went down... plus that guy with the slashed hand... that leaves two more in wet red leather, watching their friends bleeding on the pavement, standing there with stupid looks on their face.

ďDid you get to the thing with the car door yet?Ē asks the talent manager.


Bailey [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Go Gang (Rabble) [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [ ]

Combat continues!

Bailey
 player, 30 posts
 Deadly
 With stilletos
Thu 27 Jan 2022
at 03:17
[May 2058] The Good The Bad and The Pretty (Prelude: Bailey)
Speak of the devil. One of the gangers still standing is larger than the others. Maybe an ork under those black and red leathers. Charging forward, shoulder down. Like a footballer ready to plow into the delicate elf. He doesn't anticipate her going over the open door to the limo. Instead of hitting her, the ork slams into the door. The bullet proof, ultra-hard door. He bounces back. And bounces back again as Bailey kicks the door into him. The ork stumbles and drops.

Bailey looks up from the video, eyebrows raised. "This is a great video."
Mr. Johnson
 GM, 484 posts
Thu 27 Jan 2022
at 03:58
[May 2058] The Good The Bad and The Pretty (Prelude: Bailey)
Rock and Roll
20:42, Today: Mr. Johnson, on behalf of Bailey, rolled 8 using 2d6+1 ((5,2)).
Weak Success


Bailey:
...the ork slams into the door. The bullet proof, ultra-hard door. He bounces back. And bounces back again as Bailey kicks the door into him. The ork stumbles and drops.


Deal Damage
Combat 1 / Club (door) +1 = 2
Go Gang (Rabble) [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [/]

Rabble defeated, Take 1XP PocSec updated


but...

The force on the heavy door clips you.  You barely noticed at the time, but that explains angry looking purple bruise that runs up your ribcage.

Threat move Deal Damage
Combat 1 / Club (door) +1 = 2

Bailey [/] [/] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Go Gang (Pair) [/] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] - fleeing

(1) The big guy is down for the count, leaving "slashed hand" and "stupid face" left
(2) They are shaken and looking for a way out

Last round of combat!
Did you let them go, or do you take people shooting and dismembering your friends personally?

Bailey
 player, 31 posts
 Deadly
 With stilletos
Thu 27 Jan 2022
at 13:24
[May 2058] The Good The Bad and The Pretty (Prelude: Bailey)
The one goon remaining on their feet turns to run. Hoping on their bike with a whir of the electric motor. As it peels away, another pop of gunfire. The rear tire explodes, sending the biker whipping around. Fishtailing until the biker spills over the pavement. And Bailey, nursing the bruse across her ribs, steps onto the shoulder of the rabble whose katana she'd kicked away. The reaction suggests her weight broke his collar bone.

The video cuts out not long after that. The interesting part over. The elf babe asskicker finish.

In the hospital room, Bailey hands the device back to the booker. "And you mentioned something about calls?"
Mr. Johnson
 GM, 509 posts
Fri 28 Jan 2022
at 02:57
[May 2058] The Good The Bad and The Pretty (Prelude: Bailey)
"Yes, I suppose I did." she replies taking the PocSec back.

Prelude ends

Finalizing the Character sheet... choose one:

Face
Awareness +1
Edge +1
You know the move Razor Insight
Light Pistol
Armor Jacket [1 armor, subtle, worn]
Take 1XP

Adept
Stamina +1
You know the move Enhanced Ability
Paired heavy pistols
Armor Jacket [1 armor, subtle, worn]
Armor Charm [1 armor, subtle, worn, magical]
Take 1XP

Bailey
 player, 32 posts
 Deadly
 With stilletos
Fri 28 Jan 2022
at 04:20
[May 2058] The Good The Bad and The Pretty (Prelude: Bailey)
Let's do the Adept and put the fatal into femme fatale.
Mr. Johnson
 GM, 512 posts
Fri 28 Jan 2022
at 05:06
[May 2058] The Good The Bad and The Pretty (Prelude: Bailey)
PocSec updated. Let me know if there is anything that you want to change.

Iíll get you started on a solo thread ... Iím thinking something that has a more social / suspense thriller feel. Investigating the suspicious death of a young starlet?

Iíll also put up a crew thread for Bailey and Laurie ... how about the classic ShadowRun corporate extraction?

What do you think?

Bailey
 player, 33 posts
 Deadly
 With stilletos
Fri 28 Jan 2022
at 17:07
[May 2058] The Good The Bad and The Pretty (Prelude: Bailey)
Sounds awesome! I love th idea of a Shadowrun Corporate Thriller.
Mr. Johnson
 GM, 517 posts
Sat 29 Jan 2022
at 02:23
[December 2059] Blood and Cherry Blossoms (Solo: Bailey)
Feel free to spend some nuyen if you want before this scene kicks off. Just let me know if you plan on doing any shopping.

Fresh!

The LED sign flashes over an eclectic little spot in Sea Cliff that features salads and light fare. You're already seated and sipping some of the best oolong and dandelion tea offered anywhere south of Tir. This city may be casually racist, but they sure aren't shy about good 'ethnic' food.

The pastels of the patio decor are soothing and heat lamps strategically placed between the tables keep off the chill of the day's winter rain. The grey clouds can't stop the sun from finding a way to peek through in the sky over China Beach.

As usual, Mindi is late for your lunch date ...
Bailey
 player, 34 posts
 Deadly
 With stilletos
Sun 30 Jan 2022
at 03:10
[May 2058] The Good The Bad and The Pretty (Prelude: Bailey)
Bailey owns many many pretty dresses and shoes. Oh god, the fashions. But for runner equipment? Let's keep the cash fungible and purchase as things come up. But the shoes. THE SHOES!

Bailey sits with her tea, legs folded up under herself. This was a truly charming way to spend a bit of afternoon. This spot was nice. Traditional elven food wasn't really her thing most of the time, but this place did it well without depending on people waving off that everything tastes slightly like grass. She keeps her hands wrapped around the oversized mug, warming her fingers.

Mindi being late wasn't surprising. It was, in fact, a little nice. Giving her a bit of time to people watch. To flip through messages in her display, compose a few responses to some potential boyfriends, do a bit of idle shopping while admiring the outfits of the lux and high end people who populate the tawny neighborhood.
Mr. Johnson
 GM, 526 posts
Sun 30 Jan 2022
at 15:27
[May 2058] The Good The Bad and The Pretty (Prelude: Bailey)
Fresh! is a great little spot for people watching over the steam rising off your cup of tea.

Thereís an older lady with a heavy British accent instructing what looks to be her granddaughter in the taking of afternoon tea. A pair of twenty somethings, honeymooners maybe, with that look in their eyes as they rush through lunch. An older looking fellow in an understated and carefully tailored suit, poised in a way that the middle aged Japanese corporate man has come to master.

Scrolling your phone, you note with interest that Fae is back in town. Daddy has kept him cloistered away in Sacramento since the incident so you can expect a Princeís welcome when he returns to the Haight-Ashbury scene.

Glancing up you note that Mindi is yet to arrive, but...

Check the Situation
08:18, Today: Mr. Johnson, on behalf of Bailey, rolled 7 using 2d6 ((1,6)).
Weak Success

Something is a bit odd about that Corp... nothing dangerous or threatening, just a bit off putting what is it?

Bailey
 player, 37 posts
 Deadly
 With stilletos
Mon 31 Jan 2022
at 01:18
[May 2058] The Good The Bad and The Pretty (Prelude: Bailey)
Bailey assesses the picture of Fae that came along with the news. He still looked good. In fact, the cybernetic arm gave him a certain roguish, dangerous look. His sleeves rolled up to the shoulders, showing every inch of the emerald-green chrome. His shoulders even looked a little broader. Bailey bites her lip, composing a quick message.

While she does that, she glances up over the edge of her phone. She settles her weight in the other way. Thumbs brushing over her screen, building out her message as she keeps a casual watch on the strange looking businessman.
Mr. Johnson
 GM, 538 posts
Mon 31 Jan 2022
at 14:23
[May 2058] The Good The Bad and The Pretty (Prelude: Bailey)
Itís almost as if he is too poised, too proper. Is he so heavily cybered that he is missing his humanity? Is it some sort of magical effect that makes him seem so stiff?

Itís weird and off putting, but nothing to write home about. Especially when Fae is tapping flirty messages back to you.
Bailey
 player, 39 posts
 Deadly
 With stilletos
Tue 1 Feb 2022
at 04:14
[May 2058] The Good The Bad and The Pretty (Prelude: Bailey)
Bailey's attention flicks up to the strange man for a moment, then back down to her phone. Her tongue taps against her teeth as she answers Fae's texts. Attention rapidly moving toward that instead of the unusual standing man. It was amazing how boring men standing around is. How easy they are to ignore. Especially when there are handsome elves right there on the phone.

But, then again. That guy was weird.

"Hey, check this guy out?" as she records the man, frozen on the street. To send to Fae to have a bit of fun teasing the random stranger between them.
Mr. Johnson
 GM, 544 posts
Tue 1 Feb 2022
at 13:18
[May 2058] The Good The Bad and The Pretty (Prelude: Bailey)
:: Private to Bailey
Fae wrote: new beau? You can do better ;) ... unless... is he rich?? ... doesnít look like he could keep up with you!!! Why does he look familiar? Know who he is?
Bailey
 player, 42 posts
 Deadly
 With stilletos
Wed 2 Feb 2022
at 15:14
[May 2058] The Good The Bad and The Pretty (Prelude: Bailey)
"Nope!" Bailey responds quickly. "why? should i? is he rich? should you be worried?"
Mr. Johnson
 GM, 548 posts
Wed 2 Feb 2022
at 16:32
[May 2058] The Good The Bad and The Pretty (Prelude: Bailey)
:: Private to Bailey
Fae wrote: Do I look worried?

Attached to the message is a pic.

Umm... he does not look worried...

Perhaps itís best that you donít try to reply in a public place, but no matter, because before you can reply, Mindi breezes in, obliviously unaware that youíve been waiting.

Adjusting her peach-colored pant suit, she settles at the table. ĒThis is an exciting opportunity for all of us at Iconic.  This will showcase your intellect and emotions. Very powerful stuff. Iím so glad we could meet today and discuss some of the details.Ē

Looking over her shoulder, she continues ĒOh, the gentleman weíre meeting has already arrived, Iíll go fetch him. Itís a delicate matter, he is grieving the loss of his young wife, very suspicious circumstances. We would both do to behave.Ē
Bailey
 player, 43 posts
 Deadly
 With stilletos
Thu 3 Feb 2022
at 03:56
[May 2058] The Good The Bad and The Pretty (Prelude: Bailey)
"Oh? Are we talking like... An acting gig? Because I'd love to get into that," said every aspiring model, Bailey included. But when word comes that their third was arriving, she quickly clears the screen of her phone. No reason anyone else gets to see that. It will just come in handy for... Some other time.
Mr. Johnson
 GM, 558 posts
Thu 3 Feb 2022
at 05:46
[May 2058] The Good The Bad and The Pretty (Prelude: Bailey)
ĒNo darling, investigating, not acting.Ē she calls back over her shoulder walking off and making a beeline right over to the weirdo corp in the bespoke suit.

Heads close together, they share a hushed conversation before turning and making their way over to join you. The lovely waitress breezes by, topping up your tea, then you are left with your fixer and your presumptive Mr J.

Thatís when it hits you, heís the guy from the scream sheets. From the recent media blitz of AR tags and trid commercials trumpeting the latest episode of Unsolved Grisly Murders.  Itís Yorinobo Uchicha. His young wife, who was rumoured to be having an affair with a handsome elf, was recently found dead in their downtown penthouse.