[November 2059] On Her Majesty's Service (Solo: Acme)   Posted by Mr. Johnson.Group: 0
Mr. Johnson
 GM, 68 posts
Thu 6 Feb 2020
at 19:20
Prelude: Acme & Hellfire
in the late 2050s Tsimshian is still part of SSC, at least officially... unofficially of course, Acmeís concerns about Ďborder patrolsí are valid... the Ďpatrolsí are a local initiative, like any right minded patriot might have to protect their holdings from overzealous guvment officials snooping around too much...
Acme
 player, 27 posts
 Coyote Shaman
 Avowed Pain In The Ass
Thu 6 Feb 2020
at 19:24
Prelude: Acme & Hellfire
Yup yup, the Sovereign Tribal Council didn't have S-S turn it into a "Protectorate" till 2065, though for now it's just in civil war instead of the border clash with S-S that happens in the turn of the 60s.
Hellfire
 player, 18 posts
Mon 10 Feb 2020
at 17:52
Prelude: Acme & Hellfire
"Yeah this drek stinks 'ard. I took this job at mates rates as it is, now your asking me to take the chance this goes sideways? Triple barely gets me thinkin'bout it." Pulling a small silver case from his pocket he deftly flicks it open to reveal several small paper tubes filled with a collection of assorted plant matter. He pulls out one of the tubes and sticks it in his mouth buying a minute to think.

"I am more inclined to'take whats owed and split." He mumbles around the tube. He fishes around in his pants pocket to reveal an antique liquid fuel lighter. The small silver lighter has the word ZIPPO embossed across the top. With one hand he flicks the lighter open at the hinge and strikes the flint causing a burst of flame. Puffing quickly Hellfire pulls in a breath. When he exhales a large cloud of smoke blossoms forth and a hint of clove permeates the area. He looks over at Acme. "What say you omae?"

This message was last edited by the player at 17:52, Mon 10 Feb 2020.

Acme
 player, 28 posts
 Coyote Shaman
 Avowed Pain In The Ass
Mon 10 Feb 2020
at 18:06
Prelude: Acme & Hellfire
Acme nodded as Hellfire mulled over the options.  He was the rigger, it was really up to him anyway, not like the shaman could conjure up a ride.  But the fact they seemed to be on the level of how hip-deep in drek the situation was definitely heartened his attitude.  He took a sniff of the clove-herb mixture floating in the air from the ork's puffing and nodded.  "I'm with you.  This whole job had milk run written over it and I'm ready to just cash chips.  It sounds like these guys wouldn't know what was magical anyway so our little... jail break lets say... probably won't bite us.."

He smirked and then hopped out of the truck, whistling sharply for the bikers.  "Hey guys- it's been real fun but we're already on the hook for something else, so we can't take the time.  Tell you what, we'll be at least good sports and help you unload as soon as you make sure we get our pay, entiťndeme?"

This message was last edited by the player at 18:15, Mon 10 Feb 2020.

Mr. Johnson
 GM, 72 posts
Tue 11 Feb 2020
at 00:44
Prelude: Acme & Hellfire
So's I clear, you're telling them to pay up before you proceed with  dumping the cargo on the ground and leaving?
Acme
 player, 29 posts
 Coyote Shaman
 Avowed Pain In The Ass
Tue 11 Feb 2020
at 02:26
Prelude: Acme & Hellfire
Yes, not necessarily dumping if they have somewhere they want to store it while they get somewhere to house them.
Mr. Johnson
 GM, 74 posts
Wed 12 Feb 2020
at 01:44
Prelude: Acme & Hellfire
"Woah now, let's not do anything hasty." the lead razorboy replies, spreading his hands in a conciliatory manner.  "Everyone wants to make a few nuyen off this deal, no need to make it harder on anyone, amiright?"

Before the razorboy can get on his PocSec and chat up the elders, the flash of red and blue lights illuminates the scene. A pair of Lone Star HTR officers (peer +) pile out of a patrol car while a Citymaster rounds the bend.

The lead officer brings up his evil looking HK 227 an pops a flashbang grenade off from the under barrel grenade launcher.

Threat move Breach, bang and clear

Stay Frosty

20:21, Today: Mr. Johnson, on behalf of Hellfire, rolled 8 using 2d6+1. Weak Success
20:21, Today: Mr. Johnson, on behalf of Acme, rolled 5 using 2d6+1 ((3,1)). Miss Watcher Spirit = boosted Weak Success


Your both caught slightly flat footed, but a whispered warning from Acme's watcher spirit helps prevent the cops from catching you completely by surprise.  The razors aren't so lucky and are caught like deer in the headlights.  You've got a half second before all hell breaks loose, but a half second is better than nothing...

Stay Frosty Weak Success = a hard bargain
You can take a shot at the HRT team before the Citymaster is in position, but... that thing has an LMG mounted in the turret and shooting first is going to piss off the back-up.

You can make a break for the Gopher and try to escape with the cargo, but... the HRT Patrol One is blocking your best escape route.

You can jack the razorboys' Red Ranger and hightail it away from the cops toward the wilds of Cypress Mountain, but... no cargo, no chance of salvaging a pay day.

Hellfire
 player, 19 posts
Wed 12 Feb 2020
at 18:14
Prelude: Acme & Hellfire
"FRAG! We gotta bolt." Hellfire cried as he puts action to his words. He charged over to the gopher hoping Acme was on his heels. He jumped inside the cab and grabbed his head wire, plugging the system into his datajack that linked to his vehicle control rig. He sent a mental command through the wire to start the truck. The engine kicked into life with a roar. Simultaneously he called out to Acme "I hope they focus on the Razors to by us time. We won't be able to out run them. If you got any tricks now's the time."
Mr. Johnson
 GM, 82 posts
Thu 13 Feb 2020
at 01:23
Prelude: Acme & Hellfire
Assuming Acme follows Hellfire's lead and retreats to the passenger seat of the Gopher, Acme has time to command a spirit while on the run.  I believe you have both the Watcher and the Protector summoned.

As always, I take my cues for mechanics from the narrative you provide.  The following spirit moves are merely a guide to understand some things Acme knows a spirit can be asked to do or actions these spirits can be trusted to capably perform.

Spirit moves are:
Harm (attack an enemy)
Search (locate a person or thing)
Guard (defend an ally)
Enthrall (control someone's actions or thoughts)
Mentor (impart knowledge)

Acme
 player, 31 posts
 Coyote Shaman
 Avowed Pain In The Ass
Thu 13 Feb 2020
at 06:02
Prelude: Acme & Hellfire
"Dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit..." he growled out, flipping off the razors.  They were in deep drek and they needed to bail.  As the seconds ticked he jumped into the passenger seat.  It was right here he wished he could actually sling spells.  Reaching into the astral he contacted the air spirit; he was sure that they still owed him a service or two for the night as he ran though the options.  That, and the watchers would be idiots anyway.   He snapped his fingers.

I humbly ask you to provide a thick blanket of fog for us to get away, our lives are in danger.  If you have any other services to render I'd also like you to have those that have showed up to do us harm to focus on the other men full of metal that we were talking to.  He waited for the fog to hopefully start rolling in before pointing to the woods.  "FLOOR IT!"
Mr. Johnson
 GM, 86 posts
Fri 14 Feb 2020
at 03:13
Prelude: Acme & Hellfire
Acme falls into the cab of the pickup, backlit by flashes of lighting as the storm spirit manifests itself in the physical plane.  "Oh drek," someone yells, obscured by the growing fog that rolls in from the foothills of the nearby mountain.

Behind their tactical helmets, it's impossible to tell whether or not the cops are caught off guard but a short burst of SMG fire in the general direction of the spirit follows as the Gopher's engine surges to life and you lose sight of both the cops and the patrol car in the dense fog.


Spirit Move: Guard
22:05, Today: Mr. Johnson, for the NPC Storm Protector, rolled 12 using 2d6+2 ((5,5)) Strong Success

Threat Move: Deal Damage (4 +1 Burst Fire /2 Insubstantial, round up)

Results
Storm Protector [X] [X] [X] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] 1 Service, Enthrall, pending
Hellfire [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Acme [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Fight or flight

Mr. Johnson
 GM, 98 posts
Sat 15 Feb 2020
at 23:22
Prelude: Acme & Hellfire
@Hellfire I think I misfired a bit on the Hellfire-Acme prelude because I didnít get a good feel for how Hellfire will play as a drone rigger and member of a team.  Do you see him as a:

Rigger-Fighter (in the fight using the drone like a D&D Ranger might use their companion)

Overwatch Rigger (sitting in the van with drones out to keep the team safe and to bring in the artillery if things go south)

Tech support (with a mix of medical, crafting, computer and/or security skills to be an all around support guy)

Something else?

Hellfire
 player, 20 posts
Sun 16 Feb 2020
at 01:00
Prelude: Acme & Hellfire
So how I have mostly played him in the past is a mix of over watch and supporting fighter. He tends to play things safe when on recon but doesn't sit in the van when the drek hits the fan. The nature of the shadowrun rules made it easy for me to set stats that allowed me to be effective while driving, swarming drones and shooting a gun. I am not a match for a sammie or adept in a brawl but I can hold my own against gangers and such.I have an old 5e first draft sheet of him that kind of shows what his stable of drones/vehicles looks like to give you an idea of what I was going for with him. Just ignore name and things he evolved over time https://drive.google.com/open?...8lWLGMWM3Qkdaa0RsME0
Mr. Johnson
 GM, 99 posts
Sun 16 Feb 2020
at 01:55
Prelude: Acme & Hellfire
Got it. In Sixth World you can be pretty solid in a scrap with just the Core Skills.  The knowledge based tech and security skills you have listed on the 5e version of Hellfire would be buffed by your Professional archetype move so that works too.

When you advance you can cherry pick Sammie and Decker moves to add buffs to fighter skills or tech skills.  Iíll drop the Rigger archetype moves into your PocSec so you can see them... they are all drone heavy.

The drone you start with seems like a good fit for you (looks a lot like Patsy on your 5e sheet).  Micro and mini drones are common/cheap enough that you can pick some up with very little legwork.  Same goes for the MCT Seven series you seemed to like (for cheap disposable swarms Iím guessing). If you want to add a combat capable crawler drone Iíd be willing to swap a Doberman for the VW and Iíll let you keep the POS Gopher from the prelude.

edit: Doberman, not Dalmatian...

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:53, Sun 16 Feb 2020.

Hellfire
 player, 21 posts
Sun 16 Feb 2020
at 05:59
Prelude: Acme & Hellfire
I am actually very happy with the sheet the way you spec'ed it. The vehicle you gave me will be good to transport the team on the daily and give us a little kick if we need to bug out.

I love me my Roto drones. They are my hands down fav so that is solid. When we get to mission planning I will want to pick up my micro/mini flying drones for recon. Whatever is available is good for me. Other then that I think I am golden.

Acme
 player, 33 posts
 Coyote Shaman
 Avowed Pain In The Ass
Sun 16 Feb 2020
at 19:14
Prelude: Acme & Hellfire
Acme looked out the window as the Gopher started to rattle to life.  The fog was good, it was doing its job, and it seemed to rattle the local gendarme enough that they were firing at the spirit.  He smirked wryly; oh sure, fire at the spirit, what a plan.  It'll just... go back to its home plane.  He double-checked to see if there was any mojo being flung by one of the Star, but in his experience in Seattle at least they only brought out the slingers in case of heavy threat and harassing smugglers seemed more like usual baton to back of the head kind of situation.  He did know he'd have slightly annoyed air spirits to contend with for a while...  But still, he had to stay alert, as they'd only just barely started scraping out of there.
Mr. Johnson
 GM, 103 posts
Sun 16 Feb 2020
at 21:14
Prelude: Acme & Hellfire
@Hellfire Closing your eyes, you ease the throttle open, pumping gasoline into the fiery heart of the Gopher.  Kicking up gravel and dust the truck lurches forward into the thick fog...

Stay Frosty 2D6+Craft
15:35, Today: Mr. Johnson, on behalf of Hellfire, rolled 4 (1,2) using 2d6+1.  Stay Frosty.
Miss
Take 1XP, Mark off 1 Fuel


...and that fragged torsion bar finally gives up.  The truck's body slumps into the front passenger wheel and it drags in place, slowing you down but not stopping you.  It won't last long, and the whole assembly will need to be replaced, but at least it didn't give way at speed on the highway.

@Acme keeping your head on a swivel, watching for threats and feeling out into the fog for spellwork or spirits...

Check the Situation 2D6+Awareness
15:46, Today: Mr. Johnson, on behalf of Acme, rolled 3 (1,1) using 2d6+1.  Stay Frosty.
Miss
Take 1XP
Snake eyes... something bad happens...


...and wouldn't you know it, there is a wage mage (peer) riding along in the back of that Citymaster (nemesis).

@Storm Protector flashing lightning ... growing rage ... it must be as the magician commands ... the harm men must believe the tainted meat things are dangerous ...

Enthrall
15:58, Today: Mr. Johnson, for the NPC Storm Protector, rolled 11 (6,6) using 2d6-1.  Enthrall.
Strong Success
Box Cars something good happens...


...out of the mist come half a dozen razorboys, riding their trikes, LMGs blazing.  Acme can feel the spirit weaving together the illusion, putting the image into the minds of the HTR officers who immediately hunker down behind the patrol car and fire bursts of ineffective SMG fire into their imaginary foes.

Inside the Citymaster, the wage mage's attention is drawn by the power of the spirit's illusion.  Acme feels the beginnings of a spell forming.

Result:
(1) You're past the HTR team, unscathed.
(2) Acme's last spirit has dissipated, but...
(3) ...its powerful ilusion has distracted the wage mage.
(4) The Citymaster is closing the distance.
(5) The wage mage sitting in the back is spooling up something nasty.
Hellfire [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Acme [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Gopher [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Citymaster [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Wage Mage (?)
Flight continues

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:16, Sun 16 Feb 2020.

Hellfire
 player, 23 posts
Mon 17 Feb 2020
at 19:53
Prelude: Acme & Hellfire
"FRAG IT!" The Ork screamed as his brain lit up with big old warnings. The sensation felt like little ants all biting into his mind sending pseudo pain firing through his grey matter. "We lost the passenger front wheel. We can keep limping along but no promises to how long." He pulled his mind back into meat space and the ants subsided becoming a flashing red icon on his cyber-eye enhanced vision. He grabbed the wheel keeping his foot firmly routed on the accelerator.

He looked over at his companion. "Won't take'em long to catch us either way. Lookin'like we might have to fight this one out. You got any suggestions omae? preferably something that will pop a wall in front of'em."
Acme
 player, 36 posts
 Coyote Shaman
 Avowed Pain In The Ass
Wed 19 Feb 2020
at 06:07
Prelude: Acme & Hellfire
"Dammit dammit dammit..."  Acme muttered, having stuck his head out to watch behind them.  "Well the good news is that their mage is about to be busy with an illusion... But once he dispells that they'll probably catch up.  Uh.. Do you think it'd be too big of a problem to bail on the Gopher?  I mean I'm kinda short on ideas at least till I can whistle my spirits back up but that'll take a bit of time.  I mean, I guess we could run into Vancouver and then double back once we boost a ride?"  He was thinking aloud, mind grinding to try and see what they could do.  The Gopher was toast, they'd need a garage and here on the outskirts of the outskirts they were short on luck.
Mr. Johnson
 GM, 113 posts
Thu 20 Feb 2020
at 21:58
Prelude: Acme & Hellfire
@Acme: any objections to summoning another protector or a destroyer so we can do a couple post working through the summoning mechanics?
Acme
 player, 37 posts
 Coyote Shaman
 Avowed Pain In The Ass
Fri 21 Feb 2020
at 01:32
Prelude: Acme & Hellfire
No objections here, he's just figuring he needs to concentrate and have a bit of an open space for that rather than the cramped surroundings of the car, but if you're using GM fiat, hey knock yourself out. :D
Hellfire
 player, 24 posts
Fri 21 Feb 2020
at 02:31
Prelude: Acme & Hellfire
Not going to lie things are looking pretty bleak at the moment. Aside from driving I am pretty much out of options as a rigger unless you want me to start doing some stunts. I can always pull a U and smash into the city master but I feel like that would result in a net loss. I have a pistol and a broken gopher so I am pretty much tapped. I promise I will be more useful later :) Actually thinking about it I don't actually mind smashing into the city master to cause a distraction that will "hopefully" give Acme the time to summon a spirit and bail us out. @ST can the gopher be controlled remotely?

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 02:31, Fri 21 Feb 2020.

Mr. Johnson
 GM, 115 posts
Fri 21 Feb 2020
at 03:06
Prelude: Acme & Hellfire
I love your suicide run idea, but not to worry... youíre only 2-3 posts away from finishing the prelude... spoiler alert, you get away with the pay day
Mr. Johnson
 GM, 116 posts
Fri 21 Feb 2020
at 03:18
Prelude: Acme & Hellfire
@Hellfire: Despite the sting of the biofeedback and the broken tie rod, the Gopher lurches forward unsteadily...

Stay Frosty
21:12 Today Mr. Johnson, on behalf of Hellfire, rolled 10 using 2D6+1 ((5,4))
Strong Success


Even with the injured front wheel, the Gopher is much more agile then the Citymaster and you are beginning to pull away.  The bus like assault vehicle struggles to get turned around on the narrow dirt road, but the turret easily tracks your pickup.  A burst of MG fires goes wide, stitching bullets across the ground behind you.  In another moment and you'll be able to make the turn off the dirt road onto the highway but the gunner will get a second chance with that MG.

@Acme: You sing a song that Coyote taught your ancestors many generations ago, your voice barely audible over the gunfire, calls out to the protector of your people who rides the lightning.  Working your magic quickly, you risk draining your energy, but you need the spirit's services now...

When you summon, I'll need the following (either IC or OOC works for me):
Summon: invest 1 Essence to summon a storm protector that will do one service.

Type of spirit You choose the storm protector because you are under an open sky and too far from the city for an urban destroyer to materialize quickly...
Spirit power You spend 1 Essence, reasoning that summoning a lesser spirit can be done more rapidly... You could have invested more Essence in the magic to add to the spirit's powers, but this takes time... (this is more about narrative then mechanics)
Spirit Services You can spend additional Essence to gain additional services  By investing only 1 Essence in the summoning, you settle for a spirit that will only provide one service, but you really only need it to attack the mage and buy you enough time to get away... (again the is just for the narrative, ultimately you could have used 6 Essence to summon a monstrous storm protector, the mechanics are all the same)

Conjure
Summon protector spirit: 2D6+Stamina
21:52 Today Mr. Johnson, on behalf of Acme, rolled 8 using 2D6+1 ((3,4))
Weak Success storm protector arrives, take 1 stun


Coyote's magic flows through you and the spirit of storm and sky answers your call.

Behind you, in the pitched battle between the HTR and the illusions, a being of pure flame appears, so bright it stings your eyes to look at it's searing yellow core.  The mage has summoned a fire elemental (peer).

Results
(1) The Citymaster is falling behind having a tough time manoeuvring on the narrow dirt road...
(2) ...but that MG turret is tracking the fleeing Gopher.
(3) The elemental is out of position (for now).
(4) The spirit protector is ready to do Acme's bidding.

Hellfire [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Acme [/] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Storm Protector [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Fire Elemental [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Mage (?)
Gopher [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Citymaster [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

Mr. Johnson
 GM, 118 posts
Sun 23 Feb 2020
at 19:18
Prelude: Acme & Hellfire
Feel free to post your escape and/or what youíve been up to since this run ended. Iím assuming you have kept in touch and worked together from time to time... maybe even have a bit of local street cred as a runner team.

Both of you take +1 Rep. Meet me in the OOC XP & Nuyen thread to advance.

Move to Mayhem and Mistletoe and feel free to post up where you are and what you are doing in the BayPlex.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:18, Sun 23 Feb 2020.