[January 2060] Cross Purposes (Crew: San Fran)   Posted by Mr. Johnson.Group: 0
Mr. Johnson
 GM, 802 posts
Tue 15 Mar 2022
at 02:54
[January 2060] Cross Purposes (Crew: San Fran)
As Bailey sails over the fence, three guns come up...

Bailey:
"Hey," she says, leaning over the hood of the car. "You rang?"


...pistols bark in reply.

Combat!
Bailey [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] :: Armor 2 / Edge 3 / Essence 5
Laurie [/] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] :: Incorporeal / Edge 2 / Essence 5

Thug - Driver [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] :: Armor 1
Thug - Passenger [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] :: Armor 1
Cyberzombie [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] :: Armor 3

(1) Laurie has the drop
(2) Bailey has cover
(3) None of the threats have cover

Laurie
 player, 32 posts
Tue 15 Mar 2022
at 03:15
[January 2060] Cross Purposes (Crew: San Fran)
Drek, drek, drek. Laurie cursed mentally, hovering over the pitched battle.  Spirits of the south, spirits of earth and stone, I call on thee, bring forth a protector...

Not taking any chances, spending 2 essence, 1 edge to boost the summoning

As the spirit materialized, Laurie pointed to Bailey. Let no harm come to her.
Mr. Johnson
 GM, 803 posts
Tue 15 Mar 2022
at 05:37
[January 2060] Cross Purposes (Crew: San Fran)
Conjure 23:27, Today: Mr. Johnson, on behalf of Laurie, rolled 6 using 2d6 ((5,1)). boosted WEAK SUCCESS

Another wave of fatigue washes over Laurie as dirt swirls up in a tsunami of dust and large chunks of asphalt break free of the driveway, coalescing into a towering creature of rock. It stands between the goons and Bailey, bullets pinging harmlessly off its concrete skin.

Combat!
Bailey [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] :: Armor 2 / Edge 3 / Essence 5
Laurie [/] [/] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] :: Incorporeal / Edge 1 / Essence 3
Earth Protector [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] :: Armor 1 / Services 1

Thug - Driver [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] :: Armor 1
Thug - Passenger [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] :: Armor 1
Cyberzombie [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] :: Armor 3

Bailey
 player, 90 posts
 Deadly
 With stilletos
Tue 15 Mar 2022
at 21:32
[January 2060] Cross Purposes (Crew: San Fran)
Shit. This was... Not great. Bailey ducks down behind the Elite. The door opens, and she pulls her pistols from beneath the seat. Ok. Note one. Don't leave your guns in the car. Now for part two- getting into position. Bailey leaps forward, bounding over the trunk of the car. To the other side of the parked Hyundai. That would be a better position to open fire from. Hopefully.
Mr. Johnson
 GM, 806 posts
Thu 17 Mar 2022
at 02:01
[January 2060] Cross Purposes (Crew: San Fran)
The sudden appearance of a ten foot tall monster of asphalt and concrete seems to have shaken the two goons. One hesitates, the other fires wildly.

The cyborg seems to be unaffected and it’s smartlink tracks Bailey as she dives for new cover. Shotgun slugs fired from its cyber arm are getting closer…

Fight? Flight?
Bailey
 player, 92 posts
 Deadly
 With stilletos
Fri 18 Mar 2022
at 19:33
[January 2060] Cross Purposes (Crew: San Fran)
Fight!

Bailey's pistols come up. She opens fire, taking aim at the cyborg. If they wanted to play rough...
Laurie
 player, 33 posts
Sat 19 Mar 2022
at 03:50
[January 2060] Cross Purposes (Crew: San Fran)
From the ethereal sidelines, Laurie calls on her power to create a chaotic swirling mass of confusion around the attackers...

Cast a Spell, Chaotic World, 3 Essence
Mr. Johnson
 GM, 814 posts
Sat 19 Mar 2022
at 21:49
Re: [January 2060] Cross Purposes (Crew: San Fran)
Laurie: Cast a Spell 14:20, Today: Mr. Johnson, on behalf of Laurie, rolled 7 using 2d6+1 ((1,5)). WEAK SUCCESS

Bailey: Rock & Roll 14:21, Today: Mr. Johnson, on behalf of Bailey, rolled 8 using 2d6+2 ((2,4)). WEAK SUCCESS // Gunfighter -1 Essence


Laurie is again hit with a wave of fatigue as she conjures a swirling storm of chaotic light and sound that surrounds your attackers. Essence -3, Take 1 Stun, Bailey takes +1 forward (sustained)

Bailey dives for one of the thugs, grabbing him in a tight headlock and using him as a human shield, firing her pistols with preternatural accuracy, sparks flying off the cyborg's metal chest. Dmg 4 / two guns +2 / Armor -3 / AP cancels 1 armor = 5 halved = 3

The remaining thug and cyborg return fire, with complete disregard for their comrade. Dmg 4 / multiple shooters +1 / Chaotic World -1 = 4 split between Bailey and Thug

The thug is struck full in the chest. Armor -1 / AP cancels 2 armor = 2

And bullets tear chunks of concrete out of the monster as it moves to protect Bailey. Armor -1 / AP cancels 2 armor = 2

Combat!
Bailey [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] :: Armor 2 / Edge 3 / Essence 4
Laurie [/] [/] [/] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] :: Incorporeal / Edge 1 / Essence 0
Earth Protector [X] [X] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] :: Armor 1 / Services 1

Thug - Driver [X] [X] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] :: Armor 1
Thug - Passenger [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] :: Armor 1
Cyberzombie [X] [X] [X] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] :: Armor 3

Laurie
 player, 34 posts
Wed 23 Mar 2022
at 03:36
Re: [January 2060] Cross Purposes (Crew: San Fran)
It was all Laurie could do to sustain her magic against the fatigue and strain. It could be worse though, she could be out there in the meat world dodging bullets too.

Sustain Chaotic World, Bailey takes +1 forward
Bailey
 player, 95 posts
 Deadly
 With stilletos
Sun 27 Mar 2022
at 14:41
[January 2060] Cross Purposes (Crew: San Fran)
The man Bailey had deadlocked spins away as she shoves him. A kick to the chest, a bullet aimed toward his hip. Sending him tumbling back into the other thug that had been in the car. Bailey was already on the move, though. Keeping herself mobile- dodging bullets was way, way easier than not bleeding out. One of her guns ejecting the clip. Replaced with a flip of her wrist, more bullets leaving her chic little half jacket.

OOC: More! Ass kicking!
Mr. Johnson
 GM, 833 posts
Sun 27 Mar 2022
at 16:31
Re: [January 2060] Cross Purposes (Crew: San Fran)
Laurie: sustains her spell

Bailey: Rock & Roll 09:23, Today: Mr. Johnson, on behalf of Bailey, rolled 10 using 2d6+2 ((3,5)). STRONG SUCCESS


Laurie's magic provides ample distraction. Bailey takes +1 forward (sustained)

While Bailey's pistol bark in angry reply to the ambushers. The shot to the hip grievously wounds the Driver and he drops to the ground. Dmg 4 / Armor -1 / AP cancels 1 armor / spell +1 = 5

The goons return fire, but Bailey moves too fast and their bullets all go wide.

Combat!
Bailey [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] :: Armor 2 / Edge 3 / Essence 4
Laurie [/] [/] [/] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] :: Incorporeal / Edge 1 / Essence 0
Earth Protector [X] [X] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] :: Armor 1 / Services 1

Thug - Driver [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [ ] :: Armor 1 - prone, badly wounded
Thug - Passenger [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] :: Armor 1
Cyberzombie [X] [X] [X] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] :: Armor 3

Bailey
 player, 98 posts
 Deadly
 With stilletos
Tue 29 Mar 2022
at 00:18
[January 2060] Cross Purposes (Crew: San Fran)
"Guns are dangerous, boys," Bailey quips, as the shots ring against the fence and containers behind her. It was time to make sure none of those were so dangerous. She ruses forward, closing range. Hoping to get too close for them to use their pistols effectively. While she, meanwhile, wielded her's like a pair of kama.
Mr. Johnson
 GM, 839 posts
Tue 29 Mar 2022
at 03:57
[January 2060] Cross Purposes (Crew: San Fran)
Taking the easy target and shooting at the Thug, or trying to knock down the bigger treat and shooting at the Cyborg?
Bailey
 player, 99 posts
 Deadly
 With stilletos
Tue 29 Mar 2022
at 23:50
[January 2060] Cross Purposes (Crew: San Fran)
Ack, I completely forgot to specify. I think it's time to lay some more hurt on the cyborg.
Mr. Johnson
 GM, 851 posts
Wed 30 Mar 2022
at 19:56
[January 2060] Cross Purposes (Crew: San Fran)
@Bailey - I'll assume Gunfighter again since the cyborg's armor is so tough.

Guided by your essence, bullets fly...

Rock and Roll 12:43, Today: Mr. Johnson, on behalf of Bailey, rolled 12 using 2d6+2 ((4,6)). STRONG SUCCESS // Gunfighter -1 Essence

...scoring hits on centre of mass of the cyborg, sparks and shiny bits of metal flying from it's armored chest. Dmg 4 / Two guns +2 / Gunfighter +1 / Armor -3 / AP cancels 1 armor = 5 Under the onslaught the cyborg drops to one knee, green fluid from its chest mingling with bright red blood. Twitching and firing wildly the 'borg struggles to get back to its feet.

With his friend bleeding out and seeing their heavy hitter begin to falter, the second thug decides he doesn't like these odds and makes a break for the Hyundai.

Combat!
Bailey [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] :: Armor 2 / Edge 3 / Essence 3
Laurie [/] [/] [/] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] :: Incorporeal / Edge 1 / Essence 0
Earth Protector [X] [X] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] :: Armor 1 / Services 1

Thug - Driver [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [ ] :: Armor 1 - prone, badly wounded
Thug - Passenger [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] :: Armor 1 - fleeing
Cyberzombie [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] :: Armor 3

Laurie
 player, 35 posts
Wed 30 Mar 2022
at 20:00
[January 2060] Cross Purposes (Crew: San Fran)
With the cyborg faltering, Laurie calls out to the spirit, "Restrain him." using the second (last) service)

Then, seeing the thug making a break for it, Laurie pushes her magic toward the Hyundai trying to impede his escape.
Bailey
 player, 101 posts
 Deadly
 With stilletos
Fri 1 Apr 2022
at 00:06
[January 2060] Cross Purposes (Crew: San Fran)
Bailey plants a foot on the cyborg's shoulder. Kicking him back, to the ground. Her guns re-train, focusing in on stopping the car. Unleashing a swarm of bullets toward the nearest tire.
Mr. Johnson
 GM, 857 posts
Sat 2 Apr 2022
at 19:44
[January 2060] Cross Purposes (Crew: San Fran)
@Laurie Stay Frosty 12:38, Today: Mr. Johnson, on behalf of Laurie, rolled 12 using 2d6+1 ((6,5)). STRONG SUCCESS

@Bailey Rock and Roll 12:39, Today: Mr. Johnson, on behalf of Bailey, rolled 10 using 2d6+2 ((2,6)). STRONG SUCCESS


The asphalt golem wrestles the injured cyborg, subduing him while Bailey keeps her pistol trained on his head.

As the Hyundai's tire explodes and the magic swirls around him, the fleeing thug gets the hint and drops to his knees, hands above his head.

Combat!
Bailey [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] :: Armor 2 / Edge 3 / Essence 3
Laurie [/] [/] [/] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] :: Incorporeal / Edge 1 / Essence 0
Earth Protector [X] [X] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] :: Armor 1 / Services 1

Thug - Driver [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [ ] :: Armor 1 - prone, badly wounded
Thug - Passenger [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] :: Armor 1 - surrendered
Cyberzombie [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] :: Armor 3 subdued

Bailey
 player, 103 posts
 Deadly
 With stilletos
Wed 6 Apr 2022
at 23:55
[January 2060] Cross Purposes (Crew: San Fran)
"So. Who wants to start talking about what's going on here first? Because-" Bailey drops a clip, reloading her pistol with a heavy click, "I have prizes for the one who doesn't?"
Laurie
 player, 36 posts
Fri 8 Apr 2022
at 03:27
[January 2060] Cross Purposes (Crew: San Fran)
Dropping the spell, Laurie remains silent and invisible to the mundane attackers, preferring to be an ace in the hole and keep her identity secret from the assailants to help retain the element of surprise for when the time came to get into Cross.

While Bailey shakes down their assailants, Laurie breathes in deeply, centring herself and embracing the flow of mana. (OOC: Centring to regain some juice)
Mr. Johnson
 GM, 871 posts
Sun 10 Apr 2022
at 06:13
[January 2060] Cross Purposes (Crew: San Fran)
@Laurie Center - 23:06, Today: Mr. Johnson, on behalf of Laurie, rolled 1 using 1d6 ((1)).

We got no beef with you," stammers the thug who tried to make his escape. Th- this is just biz, ya know? Mr J hired us to geek you. We didn't ask a lot of questions."

With Bailey firmly in control of the situation and the magical monster of concrete pinning the goon's biggest gun to the ground, the thug seems willing to do just about anything to save his skin.


Bailey [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] :: Armor 2 / Edge 3 / Essence 3
Laurie [/] [/] [/] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] :: Incorporeal / Edge 1 / Essence 1
Earth Protector [X] [X] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] :: Armor 1 / Services 1

Thug - Driver [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [ ] :: Armor 1 - prone, badly wounded
Thug - Passenger [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] :: Armor 1 - surrendered
Cyberzombie [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] :: Armor 3 subdued

Bailey
 player, 105 posts
 Deadly
 With stilletos
Wed 13 Apr 2022
at 22:58
[January 2060] Cross Purposes (Crew: San Fran)
"Oh. So you're saying I've got to go up the chain? Well... Why don't you set up the meet? Get Mister J, tell him you're ready to collect. We're with the target- we'll get you whatever you need to prove it. Just tell us where the meet is," Bailey says, her smile quickly returning. A finger snaps, "You've never lost a fight so good in your life!"

"Set it up for tonight. And keep in mind- this is what happened when you ambushed us. Just imagine what would happen in a fair fight."
Mr. Johnson
 GM, 885 posts
Sun 17 Apr 2022
at 18:02
[January 2060] Cross Purposes (Crew: San Fran)
@Laurie
Invisible to the goons, you look on while Bailey plays the heavy. From your viewpoint on the etheric plane, you can see life's essence ebbing away from the grievously wounded goon. He desperately needs medical attention. The cyborg isn't getting any better either, he's got maybe a day before he is too far down the spiral to recover. Your healing formula may help the hip-shot goon, but the corruption of machine in the cyborg makes it impossible for you to weave mana to heal him.

@Bailey
"I only have an LTG to call once the job is done." the unwounded goon stammers. "The meet was set up through a fixer. Guy named Marco. Runs a bail bonds biz out of a strip mall off Persia Ave."

District 10, residential and commercial neighbourhoods that have long since been swallowed by the sprawl. These densely packed C-zone streets are where occupied San Fran begins under the shadow of CTTR 280. It's tough to get north of the freeway without the right ID and the right connections, but down in D-10, you only have the Knights to worry about if you decide to pay Marco a visit.
Bailey
 player, 107 posts
 Deadly
 With stilletos
Sun 1 May 2022
at 01:14
[January 2060] Cross Purposes (Crew: San Fran)
"Well... That'll do. Congratulations. You guys win the big prize- you don't get yourself murdered tonight," Bailey rolls her eyes. She steps away, back toward the car. Urging Laurie toward her. "Alright. We go hunt down this Marco guy and try to figure out whose after our girl? Or do we let these guys get paid and throw some bad information into their mix?"
Laurie
 player, 37 posts
Sat 7 May 2022
at 03:20
[January 2060] Cross Purposes (Crew: San Fran)
"They need the payday. Only one of these guys will live to see another day." the witch says matter-of-factly as she materializes by Bailey's side. "I say we go after this Marco guy. With this little ambush they got to make the first move, let's see how we do when we have the element of surprise."