RolePlay onLine RPoL Logo

, welcome to Twilight 2000 - The Modern Dark Ages

07:23, 23rd June 2024 (GMT+0)

OOC Thread - 20.

Posted by FusilierFor group 0
Ferro
player, 1320 posts
CaporaleMaggior (It)
Jinnysong
Fri 21 Feb 2020
at 21:49
  • msg #12

OOC Thread - 20

Regardless of the question should search now or later Ferro needs a couple minutes to deal with a stab wound. So for that reason alone I think we (not Ferro though) may as well search.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 3064 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 09:12
  • msg #13

OOC Thread - 20

By pushing through, I meant moving toward the monastery. That's supposed to be the stronghold/fallback position of the group we're dealing with.

However, three votes for searching, none for pushing on so it's not a debate. We search the farmhouse and consolidate on that position.
Jan Czerny
player, 769 posts
Sergent-Chef FFL
Mahatatain
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 12:52
  • msg #14

OOC Thread - 20

I think that linking up the two groups ASAP sounds like a good idea to me. That said the vehicle group aren't going anywhere fast as we have casualties to deal with as well as enemy so there is probably time for searching.



Fuse,

From his position in the Krok's left air guard hatch am I correct that Jan can cover the ground to the south of Kessler?

Ta,

Andy
Fusilier
GM, 7087 posts
Your Guide
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 13:01
  • msg #15

OOC Thread - 20

In reply to Jan Czerny (msg # 14):

Mostly. The turret is in part of the way though.
Jan Czerny
player, 770 posts
Sergent-Chef FFL
Mahatatain
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 14:06
  • msg #16

OOC Thread - 20

In reply to Fusilier (msg # 15):

Thanks.
Fusilier
GM, 7088 posts
Your Guide
Tue 25 Feb 2020
at 13:44
  • msg #17

OOC Thread - 20

Is the Krok moving this turn?
Michael Kessler
player, 1908 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
udxr226
Tue 25 Feb 2020
at 19:00
  • msg #18

OOC Thread - 20

In reply to Fusilier (msg # 17):

Probably up to Mark and Andy to make the final decision (they're the ones with PC's aboard) but personally I think it should roll forward (i.e. south east) until they get to a position where they can engage the red box on the map that's known to have four to six enemy in it with sustained machine gun fire (not sure what the max we can fire in one turn is but we brought a thousand rounds of 7.62mm for the PK with us so if we can put fifty rounds into that box that sounds good to me)

EDIT. I think that tallies with Andy's last IC post.
This message was last edited by the player at 19:02, Tue 25 Feb 2020.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 3066 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Tue 25 Feb 2020
at 19:06
  • msg #19

OOC Thread - 20

I'll get on that now.
Michael Kessler
player, 1909 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
udxr226
Wed 26 Feb 2020
at 20:05
  • msg #20

OOC Thread - 20

Before I post anything, what do you all want to do?

The way I see it we have two options.

1. We can try and finish off the group that's attacked us. In that case my initial thought is that Kessler and Krysia provide covering fire while Babicevs at al close on the trenches and try and clear them, possibly with grenades (I'm aware that Fuse has mentioned that part of the trench has overhead protection to try and safeguard against grenades but that same protection also means that if we can manage to toss a few frags into any openings that might concentrate the explosions)

However, I'm quite open to alternative suggestions (at the risk of stating the obvious my character's knowledge of how to deal with situations like this far exceeds mine)

2. We can try and break contact, withdraw back to our vehicles in leaps and bounds, and try and link up with Kolstrup's group (which means that any survivors in the trenches have a chance to get away).

I'm open to either option, although I'm thinking that

A. If we can break contact and link up with Kolstrup one large group is stronger than two smaller ones

B. We were warned that WA leadership would throw their cannon fodder at us to try and slow us down while they (the leadership) fled the scene so trying to finish this bunch off might be playing into that

C. I'm concerned that if we try and finish them off Grant and Aleksandr (and potentially Rodriguez) might end up isolated and vulnerable

D. We may take further casualties clearing the trenches

Taking all of that into account I'm inclined to think the tactically astute option is to try and break contact but if the majority want to try and finish them off - or do something totally different - I'll happily go with the flow.
Ferro
player, 1323 posts
CaporaleMaggior (It)
Jinnysong
Wed 26 Feb 2020
at 22:38
  • msg #21

OOC Thread - 20

I would say to ignore this group. It seems like a diversion or just meant to wear us down. The objective was the core leadership not killing everyone.
Per Kolstrup
player, 1192 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Wed 26 Feb 2020
at 22:51
  • msg #22

OOC Thread - 20


I'm going to propose an Option C, based on something that you mentioned. I'd kind of assumed that the recon group unwittingly took out the WA leadership cadre but this may be nothing more than wishful thinking.

If we didn't, then our intel says that they are going to make a break for it, most likely heading for the monastery. For that reason, I think we should...

Move the vehicle group to the crossroads and hold it until the recon team has determined who they killed at the farmhouse. We need to keep the WA leadership from escaping to their redoubt.

If the search of the farmhouse determines that we did kill the leadership group (fingers crossed), then we can abandon the crossroads and link up somewhere. We don't need to kill every WA foot soldier to destroy the group.

If it isn't the leadership cadre that we killed at the farmhouse, then we hold the crossroads and either postpone the linkup or try to move the recon team to crossroads.

-
Michael Kessler
player, 1910 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
udxr226
Wed 26 Feb 2020
at 22:56
  • msg #23

OOC Thread - 20

In reply to Per Kolstrup (msg # 22):

One question on that, I'm not sure where you mean when you mention the crossroads. Can you put a marker on the map to confirm?
Per Kolstrup
player, 1193 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Wed 26 Feb 2020
at 23:02
  • msg #24

OOC Thread - 20


Done. IIRC, the monastery is to the east. If we seal off the coastal road, we make a quick getaway much more difficult. I'd rather fight off another human wave attack than have to storm a fortified compound.

-
Michael Kessler
player, 1911 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
udxr226
Wed 26 Feb 2020
at 23:15
  • msg #25

OOC Thread - 20

In reply to Per Kolstrup (msg # 24):

I'm fine with that and I think it ties in with what Jinny said. It's too late for me to post anything IC tonight though so I'll follow up tomorrow provided there are no objections (given not everyone has had a chance to chip in yet)
Jan Czerny
player, 772 posts
Sergent-Chef FFL
Mahatatain
Wed 26 Feb 2020
at 23:22
  • msg #26

OOC Thread - 20

I think that the vehicle group needs to break contact ASAP and focus on the WA leadership so Rae's suggestion makes sense.

One complication, that Dave mentioned, is that Reggie needs to tend to Aleksandr's wounds. That is both going to require light and take time so that may delay things significantly. The vehicle group may therefore take some time to break contact.
Ferro
player, 1324 posts
CaporaleMaggior (It)
Jinnysong
Wed 26 Feb 2020
at 23:30
  • msg #27

OOC Thread - 20

I think it would probably be best to kick everybody out of the Krok except crew and use that for any medical use. There you can use light, be in cover, and not be in the rain/mud.
This message was last edited by the player at 23:30, Wed 26 Feb 2020.
Per Kolstrup
player, 1194 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Wed 26 Feb 2020
at 23:46
  • msg #28

OOC Thread - 20


I think we can get Alex into the BTR in under three minutes. IMHO, Voight and Jan should stay nearby though, to provide close-in security to the vehicle.

-
Reggie Grant
player, 159 posts
Refugee Medic
Wed 26 Feb 2020
at 23:47
  • msg #29

OOC Thread - 20

In reply to Ferro (msg # 27):

I agree completely. Reggie is concerned that Aleksandar won't last that long however so he's trying to do some immediate triage first before trying to turn the Krok into a mobile aid post.
Ferro
player, 1325 posts
CaporaleMaggior (It)
Jinnysong
Thu 27 Feb 2020
at 00:03
  • msg #30

OOC Thread - 20

Well it's your call, but I meant immediate triage done in the vehicle since it's next to you.
Reggie Grant
player, 160 posts
Refugee Medic
Thu 27 Feb 2020
at 07:23
  • msg #31

Re: OOC Thread - 20

Ferro:
Well it's your call, but I meant immediate triage done in the vehicle since it's next to you.

Um, no it isn't. According to the map it's about 20 to 25 meters away.
Varis Babicevs
player, 1912 posts
Sgt (Latvia)
Raellus
Thu 27 Feb 2020
at 13:56
  • msg #32

Re: OOC Thread - 20


Shouldn't be too hard to move the BTR to Grant's position.

-
Jan Czerny
player, 773 posts
Sergent-Chef FFL
Mahatatain
Thu 27 Feb 2020
at 14:07
  • msg #33

Re: OOC Thread - 20

In reply to Varis Babicevs (msg # 32):

Sure. That makes sense to me. At present I think that the BTR is gradually moving southwards, continuing to engage.
Jose Rodriguez
editor, 488 posts
Spec 4 (US) Infantry
Heffe
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 06:14
  • msg #34

Re: OOC Thread - 20

We're in a bind for sure. We have known enemies both east and west of us. South is unknown. North is what we believe might be a likely escape route for our objective.

While I'm certainly in favor of moving north to get our backs against a wall and cut off potential WA leadership escape, I think Jose at least has some more immediate concerns. Grant is currently treating Alex, and Jose only has the launcher at the moment, having dropped his AK. That means the 3 of us have our asses hanging in the wind, with at least one known hostile not far behind us, and we're basically just out in the open without cover.

A couple of thoughts -

1. I think it might be helpful to have the Krok back up a bit to put itself between us and the heckler, and potentially get Alex and Reggie inside to safety (probably worth the risk to move him at the moment, as stopping bleeding immediately won't do much good if we get shot next turn). If it re-orients north along the road but has the turret face west, the Krok could potentially cover the escape route, or at least have eyes on it, while keeping the trenches to our west covered at least somewhat (I'm unsure of the barrel depression capabilities on a BTR-80, so maybe not? But at least Jan would be there).

2. Jose needs a rifle or other weapon of some kind. That means either he goes back to the trench to secure a weapon that may no longer work, being full of mud, and also leaving Reggie/Alex exposed, or he asks Reggie for his rifle and some ammo. Not sure how you'd feel about leaving Reggie weapon-less though, Andy. Let me know if you have any thoughts on that?
Reggie Grant
player, 161 posts
Refugee Medic
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 08:14
  • msg #35

Re: OOC Thread - 20

In reply to Jose Rodriguez (msg # 34):

Reggie has a pistol as well as his AK and as he fires his AK-74 like he's in a Hollywood movie (i.e. spray & pray) so it's probably more use in Jose's hands. You'll need ammo from Reggie as well though as Jose originally had an AK-47 didn't he? He has some mags so I suggest that you post picking up Reggie's rifle (it's discarded beside him as he starts working on his patient) and we'll sort out the ammo IC.

Ta,

Andy
This message was last edited by the player at 09:49, Fri 28 Feb 2020.
Michael Kessler
player, 1913 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
udxr226
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 13:11
  • msg #36

Re: OOC Thread - 20

I'd suggest those who want to do something with the BTR post IC addressing McCarthy (as vehicle commander). I'm fine with what Kessler's already said to McCarthy being ignored (Kessler's post reflects his IC knowledge only. He doesn't know the extent of Aleksandr's injuries and I'm presuming that he doesn't know that Babicevs is attacking the trench)
Sign In