RolePlay onLine RPoL Logo

, welcome to Twilight 2000 - The Modern Dark Ages

08:03, 23rd June 2024 (GMT+0)

OOC Thread - 18.

Posted by FusilierFor group 0
Henry 'Hank' Voight
player, 254 posts
PMC /Call Sign: Devil Dog
Corkman
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 18:20
  • msg #906

Re: OOC Thread - 18

Jan Czerny:
EDIT - just to clarify one thing, my thinking is that if we can remove the WA threat near Katy we can potentially turn the village of Katy into allies and use it as a FOB to then launch an attack against the WA HQ.

I like this thought!
Michael Kessler
player, 1605 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 20:15
  • msg #907

Re: OOC Thread - 18

When I posted on Monday I was under the impression that there was OOC agreement to cross the lagoon so posted accordingly. Maybe I misunderstood but it seems like people aren't dead set on that as a course of action, at least without deciding what to do with the Humvees and prisoners, so I've edited my last IC post to reflect that.

@Rae, you were the only one who posted since then - I've tried my best to construct my edit so that your post still makes sense, but I'll leave it to you to decide if you want / need to edit.

FWIW I'm fine with a recon of Katy or going overland. But as I said a couple of days ago I think there are currently too many challenges with taking the BTR across the lagoon (primarily what to do with the Humvees and prisoners - we can immobilise the former and hope for the best but we can't leave the latter to potentially die of exposure).
Jose Rodriguez
player, 314 posts
Spec 4 (US) Infantry
Heffe
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 21:27
  • msg #908

Re: OOC Thread - 18

Again, I’m fine with anything we decide to do. Given the impact of our discussion, I think this might be a case of analysis paralysis. I’m generally in favor of everyone having an equal say, just as we all are, but given that there’s still no consensus, perhaps we just leave it to Kessler and JJM to decide the course of action and just go with whatever they decide?
Jan Czerny
player, 529 posts
Sergent-Chef FFL
Mahatatain
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 22:26
  • msg #909

Re: OOC Thread - 18

Fuse - is the WA camp near Katy that the prisoners have talked about the one that the Mad Dogs raided on 6th Dec? I.e. does it sound like that camp has been reoccupied?

Ta,

Andy
Fusilier
GM, 6722 posts
Your Guide
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 22:37
  • msg #910

Re: OOC Thread - 18

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you asking if the camp you just hit this morning is also the camp that has been set up next to KR?
Jan Czerny
player, 530 posts
Sergent-Chef FFL
Mahatatain
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 22:42
  • msg #911

Re: OOC Thread - 18

In reply to Fusilier (msg # 910):

Apologies - I'm getting confused on dates.

I'm not meaning that camp. What I'm trying to understand is where the WA camp near Katy is? Is it in the village, next to it or somewhere else? What were the prisoners able to tell us about it?
Fusilier
GM, 6723 posts
Your Guide
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 22:44
  • msg #912

Re: OOC Thread - 18

Next to it. All the information you have available is in the last turn post.
Jan Czerny
player, 531 posts
Sergent-Chef FFL
Mahatatain
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 22:48
  • msg #913

Re: OOC Thread - 18

In reply to Fusilier (msg # 912):

Ta.



What do we know of the status of the bridge at Sztutowo and how old is that information?
Fusilier
GM, 6724 posts
Your Guide
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 22:49
  • msg #914

Re: OOC Thread - 18

It can't take vehicles.
Jan Czerny
player, 532 posts
Sergent-Chef FFL
Mahatatain
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 22:53
  • msg #915

Re: OOC Thread - 18

In reply to Fusilier (msg # 914):

Thanks.
Jan Czerny
player, 533 posts
Sergent-Chef FFL
Mahatatain
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 22:59
  • msg #916

Re: OOC Thread - 18

OK, my suggestion on a plan of action is as follows:

 - We break camp ASAP and relocate to a new position, just in case the vehicles we spotted saw something at the brick factory that has interested them and they come back to investigate further.

 - I think that we relocate to a position north of Sztutowo - there is a road that leads to the coast and a small collection of buildings there (the area in the red circle on the map below - the camp we just raided is in the yellow circle). Though it might not appear on our maps it sounds like some local area knowledge that Gutsuk might be able to pass along.

 - Once set up there I think that we then send a recee patrol to gather intel about the WA camp at Katy and the village of Katy itself. On that patrol should be Per, Jan, Ferro, Jose and Billy.

 - If the recee patrol discovers that the WA camp at Katy is worth assaulting then the rest of the Mad Dogs move up to assault the WA camp.

 - If the recee patrol discovers that the WA camp at Katy is too tough or difficult to assault then they withdraw back to our new camp and we can then decide on whether we're going to try to cross the lagoon in the BTR or travel round the lagoon in all three vehicles.

Thoughts please?


Michael Kessler
player, 1606 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sat 27 Apr 2019
at 06:37
  • msg #917

Re: OOC Thread - 18

Jose Rodriguez:
Again, I’m fine with anything we decide to do. Given the impact of our discussion, I think this might be a case of analysis paralysis. I’m generally in favor of everyone having an equal say, just as we all are, but given that there’s still no consensus, perhaps we just leave it to Kessler and JJM to decide the course of action and just go with whatever they decide?

McCarthy hasn’t logged on for over a week and I’m personally not comfortable with making a unilateral decision. That said, we’ve now spent over a week stuck on this and I think we all want to get moving again so I suggest splitting it down to three choices

1. Stay this side of the lagoon and investigate what’s going on in / around Katy Rybackie

2. Cross the lagoon with the BTR. Before we go we immobilise / conceal the Humvees and release the prisoners (I am making the assumption there will be no support for executing them, we can’t leave them tied up in the forest as that could be equally fatal, and I don’t know what else we can do with them. Alternative options as to what to do with them are more than welcome).

3. Attempt to proceed to the other side of the lagoon overland.

1 and 3 presume we’ll keep the prisoners with us for the time being.

I think we just need a simple vote, 1, 2, or 3 and whichever has the most votes after 24 hours is declared the winner. If it’s a tie we roll a dice. That way we can get moving.

If you do not have a strong opinion and are happy to go with whatever the majority decides please say that rather than just keeping quiet.

My vote is for 1.



Jan Czerny:
Thoughts please?

I think once we’ve agreed what we’re doing we can look at specific plans of action but in general this would work as a framework if we decide to stay this side of the lagoon. I’m not convinced that moving camp while it’s dark is a prudent though – for one it limits our ability to carry out a proper risk assessment of any new site. If we do move we already had a list of some potential alternates in IC msg 393

Fusilier:
A) Brick factory (open country/riverside)
B) Isolated farm (open country)
C) Nazi Camp (Forest & highway perimeter)
D) Sztutowo (Urban ruins)
E) Other?


I’d favour the isolated farm as a back up.

Also, I’m not clear whether gathering intel about the village itself includes attempting to make friendly contact with the villagers but it looks like any attempt to do so may be challenging and will probably need Gustek to be present to try and act as a fixer. So the recce patrol and the contact team may need to be different people as different skill sets may be required. For example if we send a contact team as well as Gustek we can include Grant and offer to run a clinic as we’ve done in the past. But I don’t think there’s any point in getting too heavily invested in planning this until we know which option is the preferred one.
Ferro
player, 1159 posts
CaporaleMaggior (It)
Jinnysong
Sat 27 Apr 2019
at 06:43
  • msg #918

Re: OOC Thread - 18

I'll go 3.
Jose Rodriguez
editor, 315 posts
Spec 4 (US) Infantry
Heffe
Sat 27 Apr 2019
at 06:58
  • msg #919

Re: OOC Thread - 18

Dave - great idea on putting it to a vote!  I’ll vote for number 1, just cause I want to know more about that guy that knows Kessler. 3 is good as well, but I’d prefer not to go with number 2, at least not yet.
Jan Czerny
player, 534 posts
Sergent-Chef FFL
Mahatatain
Sat 27 Apr 2019
at 07:32
  • msg #920

Re: OOC Thread - 18

My votes, in order of priority are:

1
3
2



Regarding the recee of Katy I was just meaning observing it. Depending on what is seen we can then decide about approaching the village but I think that we need to understand more about the WA camp next to Katy first before we decide on approaching the village itself.

As you said though this can wait until the vote has been resolved.
Varis Babicevs
player, 1799 posts
Sgt (Latvia)
Raellus
Sat 27 Apr 2019
at 08:00
  • msg #921

Re: OOC Thread - 18


1 or 3. But, Fuse's hints, as Gustek, have got me thinking that Katy probably doesn't need or want our help.

-
Michael Kessler
player, 1607 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sat 27 Apr 2019
at 08:04
  • msg #922

Re: OOC Thread - 18

In reply to Varis Babicevs (msg # 921):

Sorry Rae, I'm not sure which of those is your preferred option?
Henry 'Hank' Voight
player, 255 posts
PMC /Call Sign: Devil Dog
Corkman
Sat 27 Apr 2019
at 12:36
  • msg #923

Re: OOC Thread - 18

Varis Babicevs:
1 or 3. But, Fuse's hints, as Gustek, have got me thinking that Katy probably doesn't need or want our help.

-

This makes good sense to me!

I don't think leaving the vehicles is a good idea right now.

Since we don't have a dedicated plan on vehicle security or a just off the cuff plan to cross the river, I'm thinking best plan is to gather Intel and formulate a plan from there.
Michael Kessler
player, 1608 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sat 27 Apr 2019
at 13:04
  • msg #924

Re: OOC Thread - 18

In reply to Henry 'Hank' Voight (msg # 923):

Sorry Corkman, I'm not clear on what your preference is either.
Henry 'Hank' Voight
player, 256 posts
PMC /Call Sign: Devil Dog
Corkman
Sat 27 Apr 2019
at 13:42
  • msg #925

Re: OOC Thread - 18

Michael Kessler:
In reply to Henry 'Hank' Voight (msg # 923):

Sorry Corkman, I'm not clear on what your preference is either.

Sorry
1. Stay this side of the lagoon and investigate what’s going on in / around Katy Rybackie
Varis Babicevs
player, 1800 posts
Sgt (Latvia)
Raellus
Sat 27 Apr 2019
at 17:02
  • msg #926

Re: OOC Thread - 18

Michael Kessler:
Sorry Rae, I'm not sure which of those is your preferred option.


No, I'm sorry for being indecisive. I now marginally prefer Option 3, but I will fully support Option 1 if that's what the majority would rather do.

-
Billy 'Crack' O'Brien
player, 1212 posts
Cpl (UK) Airborne
Cymon
Sat 27 Apr 2019
at 20:37
  • msg #927

Re: OOC Thread - 18

1.
3.
2.

For Billy.
Jan Czerny
player, 535 posts
Sergent-Chef FFL
Mahatatain
Sat 27 Apr 2019
at 21:22
  • msg #928

Re: OOC Thread - 18

Varis Babicevs:
But, Fuse's hints, as Gustek, have got me thinking that Katy probably doesn't need or want our help.

I read that slightly differently to be honest.

I think that the people in KR are isolationists so we might well help them out by taking out the WA only to find that their reaction is "Thanks, now go away".

What isn't clear is the relationship between the people in KR and the people in the adjacent WA camp. That's what we need to figure out because if they are in alliance then we could end up fighting them both. Or it could be that we negotiate a solution with them - at present we're just speculating as we don't have much info.
Michael Kessler
player, 1610 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Mon 29 Apr 2019
at 08:26
  • msg #929

Re: OOC Thread - 18

Fuse, if Kessler’s dialogue with Krysia needs to be in Polish can you take it as given (am phone posting on a wi fi network that drops regularly so using a translator was a step too far...)
Fusilier
GM, 6726 posts
Your Guide
Mon 29 Apr 2019
at 20:12
  • msg #930

Re: OOC Thread - 18

Ok we have command decisions made so I'd like to be able to get the next turn up for tomorrow.

Re:Kessler yeah it's all fine.
Sign In