RolePlay onLine RPoL Logo

, welcome to Twilight 2000 - The Modern Dark Ages

08:47, 23rd June 2024 (GMT+0)

OOC Thread - 16.

Posted by FusilierFor group 0
Fusilier
GM, 5789 posts
Your Guide
Sat 6 May 2017
at 22:33
  • msg #1

OOC Thread - 16

New OOC.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2429 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Sun 7 May 2017
at 09:09
  • msg #2

OOC Thread - 16

OK, we can keep on discussing what we're doing long term here but as for the next post I'm suggesting:

1) Prisoner transfer:
The Humvee with Ferro, O'Brien and Varis take the prisoner to the IB. They are accompanied by the ILTIS with Andropov, Walsh or Kessler (probably Kessler) and one other volunteer. They all hand over the prisoner and Intel and then discuss if the IB want us to follow a lead. If they don't, we leave them the offer. Then the Hummer moves on and Kessler/Walsh discusses the local warlords etc to find out which would be good to take out. He'll also sound Woermann out about what could be offered in return for the BMP, I'm thinking:

An off road Humveee type vehicle and heavy weapon
A lighter jeep and GPMG or a trike and a GPMG and two motorcycles or a similar combination of scout vehicles

I could be something else though

2) Marians and Shopping
Then the Humvee goes on to visit the wounded and pick up Krupp. After that they return to the compound

The ILTIS goes on to the markets: they'll have the broken electronics with them. We find someone to repair them, pick up wheeled vehicle tools if we can find them and see if we can trade for the parts to fix the BMP. Kessler also spreads the word that we'll pay really well for radios and night vision gear if people come to the compound to trade. We'll also track down mechanics that can be hired.

Then the ILTIS returns to the compound

3) Everyone else works in the compound, I'd suggest two parties:
JJ leading a group reinforcing the towers so they can be used as fighting positions (we put NPCs in this so Fuse doesn't have to narrate it
Active PCs who wish to participate do a clearing patrol of the area particularly looking at good defensive positions if we were to extend our defensive lines to include the pedestrian tunnel/air raid shelter (I'm thinking that if we can cover this area too we can offer it as a refuge to the people settling the area. If we can integrate a community into Kamineski's set up then that may be useful for our base of operations as having a business we've invested in.

Does that sound like a way o proceeding? If not, chip in with suggestions or additions.
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2068 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Sun 7 May 2017
at 12:41
  • msg #3

OOC Thread - 16

In reply to John Jameson McCarthy (msg # 2):

Frank volunteered for the escort already with Varis and Ferro.  Unless you prefer/need him somewhere else, he would like to see that through?

What was the name of the suggested group that allegedly killed the priest, Father Rawlinson?
This message was last edited by the player at 12:48, Sun 07 May 2017.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2430 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Sun 7 May 2017
at 12:54
  • msg #4

OOC Thread - 16

Good spot, I meant Frank, got the Bs mixed up, sorry: the Humvee would be Ferro, Frank and Varis.
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2069 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Sun 7 May 2017
at 12:57
  • msg #5

OOC Thread - 16

In reply to John Jameson McCarthy (msg # 4):
No worries
Michael Kessler
player, 824 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sun 7 May 2017
at 13:47
  • msg #6

OOC Thread - 16

John Jameson McCarthy:
They are accompanied by the ILTIS with Andropov, Walsh or Kessler (probably Kessler) and one other volunteer.

I agree that Kessler is the more logical choice.

John Jameson McCarthy:
Kessler also spreads the word that we'll pay really well for radios and night vision gear if people come to the compound to trade.

I'm not overly keen on spreading the word that we'll pay really well for electronics then telling people where to find us. Likewise, what are we going to pay with? Diesel? That general conversation sounds to me a bit like it might be inviting a little too much attention / potential trouble. I'd suggest leaving off the part about inviting people to come to the compound and also trying to look at ways of converting some of the diesel into other tradeable commodities.

John Jameson McCarthy:
Everyone else works in the compound

Unless there's a medical emergency Riedel will be sleeping off her hangover.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2431 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Sun 7 May 2017
at 13:50
  • msg #7

OOC Thread - 16

I was thinking more about Janaceck's gold but I agree on the security thing. I guess we'll have to spend ages trying to figure out who needs NVGs and radios for every engagement.
Michael Kessler
player, 825 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sun 7 May 2017
at 14:02
  • msg #8

OOC Thread - 16

In reply to John Jameson McCarthy (msg # 7):

According to msg 857 in the last OOC thread I think only four of us have working NVG's - Kessler, McCarthy, Ferro, and O'Brien. There's also two broken ones (Babicevs' and the one in stores. Even if we get those fixed that means that well over half the group won't have them. To be fair though, I think there's a distinction between 'needs' and 'wants' - 'needs' is a more mission specific thing.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2432 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Sun 7 May 2017
at 14:12
  • msg #9

OOC Thread - 16

NVGs maybe, but in many ways, radios are more vital to the game as they allow everyone to be in on everything. I know it's unrealistic but it may help everyone contribute.

What if we pick the biggest electronics dealer we can find and grease his palms with some of Janacek's gold so that he holds on to any night vision and comms? We could also offer him a bonus for every set he finds for us and visit every week or so.
Michael Kessler
player, 826 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sun 7 May 2017
at 14:37
  • msg #10

OOC Thread - 16

In reply to John Jameson McCarthy (msg # 9):

I totally agree. While I understand that austerity is a key theme of T2K games, a lack of radios often ends up causing problems / frustrations and generally slowing things down when a conversation between character A and character B ends up having to be relayed via character C because either A or B doesn't have a radio. Even if everyone is on similar time zones and able to post relatively frequently it can take time. If someone in the process suddenly finds they can't post for a couple of days it becomes even worse.

Another option would be to ask the IB if they will include some radios as part of the deal if we do opt to sell the BMP. Again going by msg 857 of the last ooc thread we have more radios than we do NVG's so the quantity needed would be less.
Fusilier
GM, 5790 posts
Your Guide
Sun 7 May 2017
at 15:56
  • msg #11

OOC Thread - 16

I'm more inclined to pass around radios, for gameplay reasons. You'll find them at the market. NVGs are still going to be hard to come by though. Buying flares and falling back to WW2 methods is one solution.

Repairs are possible, but those take time and finding the right (rare) people. At the Solidarity Market, there is a large monument. People hang out there, who specializing in finding people and things, for a small finders fee. How long it takes for them to find someone varies, but they'd be the best bet to locate a tech and, just as important, spare parts. The monument is also used to display large information boards, offering work (wanted and looking), and so on. That's another option.
This message was last edited by the GM at 15:57, Sun 07 May 2017.
Fusilier
GM, 5791 posts
Your Guide
Sun 7 May 2017
at 16:10
  • msg #12

Re: OOC Thread - 16

John Jameson McCarthy:
What if we pick the biggest electronics dealer we can find and grease his palms with some of Janacek's gold so that he holds on to any night vision and comms? We could also offer him a bonus for every set he finds for us and visit every week or so.


I missed this. This is possible as well. Electronics dealers are very scarce, but they exist. A guy who runs a shop in the market is easier to grease than a guy who comes and goes, as well.
This message was last edited by the GM at 16:11, Sun 07 May 2017.
Michael Kessler
player, 827 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sun 7 May 2017
at 16:21
  • msg #13

Re: OOC Thread - 16

It occurs to me that neither Kessler nor (I think) Andropov know Gdansk that well in terms of which market is best for what etc so if they're going to be on market duty it's probably best to have someone more familiar with the City with them (maybe Aleksandr?)

Also, Fuse, at what point are Kessler or McCarthy going to get concerned about Janku's continued absence?
Fusilier
GM, 5792 posts
Your Guide
Sun 7 May 2017
at 16:22
  • msg #14

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Aleksandar will go.

I can have Janku return today (game time). I forgot about him.
Charles 'Charlie' Price
player, 61 posts
Callsign 'Dominion'
Spartan-117
Sun 7 May 2017
at 17:31
  • msg #15

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Fusilier:
John Jameson McCarthy:
What if we pick the biggest electronics dealer we can find and grease his palms with some of Janacek's gold so that he holds on to any night vision and comms? We could also offer him a bonus for every set he finds for us and visit every week or so.


I missed this. This is possible as well. Electronics dealers are very scarce, but they exist. A guy who runs a shop in the market is easier to grease than a guy who comes and goes, as well.


Price has a double E degree from Virginia Tech, which translates into Electronics 6/11 in game terms, so if we can't buy working NVG's outright, he might be able to help with buying various parts (mostly broken NVGs) and repairing them.
Fusilier
GM, 5794 posts
Your Guide
Sun 7 May 2017
at 18:13
  • msg #17

Re: OOC Thread - 16

John Jameson McCarthy:
1) Prisoner transfer:
The Humvee with Ferro, O'Brien and Varis take the prisoner to the IB. They are accompanied by the ILTIS with Andropov, Walsh or Kessler (probably Kessler) and one other volunteer. They all hand over the prisoner and Intel and then discuss if the IB want us to follow a lead. If they don't, we leave them the offer.


I had some time so I got a start on things, covering the above portion.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2433 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Sun 7 May 2017
at 19:06
  • msg #18

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I'll try and get a post up summarising everything now.
Michael Kessler
player, 832 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Thu 11 May 2017
at 16:42
  • msg #19

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Ok, so the IB is offering a Humvee, an Iltis, a radio, and a heavy weapon in exchange for the BM (Fuse, any specifics on the weapon?).

Anyone got any objection to making the trade?
Fusilier
GM, 5800 posts
Your Guide
Thu 11 May 2017
at 16:45
  • msg #20

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Standard .50cal HMG.

Considering the rarity of explosive ammunition, I'd say it's more practical than a Mk19 40mm.
Fusilier
GM, 5801 posts
Your Guide
Thu 11 May 2017
at 16:58
  • msg #21

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Before I can proceed with things for those at the compound, I need some more information. I got it that O'Brien is walking around the neighborhood. I have a planned route from Mark which is helpful and what he'd like to have done (namely a survey of the ground), but is O'Brien going alone though? At the moment he's all I have.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2438 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Thu 11 May 2017
at 17:41
  • msg #22

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I would have hoped that some people would have volunteered by now.

So far O'Brien is the patrol and Walsh is the work party with JJ.

Do people jut want me to tell everyone what to do?
Fusilier
GM, 5802 posts
Your Guide
Thu 11 May 2017
at 17:44
  • msg #23

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Since nobody answered the call then you may as well. I think it's been long enough.
This message was last edited by the GM at 17:44, Thu 11 May 2017.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2439 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Thu 11 May 2017
at 17:49
  • msg #24

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I'll get on it now.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2441 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Thu 11 May 2017
at 18:01
  • msg #25

Re: OOC Thread - 16

OK, if I have it right, PCs are on patrol. Walsh is with JJ so we can have a chat while building the walls and NPCs are filling sandbags.
Michael Kessler
player, 833 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Thu 11 May 2017
at 18:05
  • msg #26

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to John Jameson McCarthy (msg # 25):

Price is with Kessler

John Jameson McCarthy:
Captain Kessler, I'd like you to take the ILTIS to escort the Humvee and prisoner to the IB. Aleksander can drive and Price can accompany you along with Janacek. It'll be a squeeze but it won't be for long.

John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2442 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Thu 11 May 2017
at 18:06
  • msg #27

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I'll edit now.
Michael Kessler
player, 834 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Thu 11 May 2017
at 19:37
  • msg #28

Re: OOC Thread - 16

If anyone's got any thoughts on the two options for action that the IB are putting on the table feel free to say.

Based on what they're saying imo the Forest City job seems to provide a good opportunity to obtain some goodwill if we can help secure a significant percentage of the City's food supplies. On the other hand, it will probably make an enemy out of the Merchant Union.

Bishop's Hill wouldn't make us any new enemies but may not be so high profile.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2443 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Thu 11 May 2017
at 19:40
  • msg #29

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I'm leaning toward the Forest City job as food is paramount at the moment. I understand that the MU might be unhappy. If we can lay the victory at the militia leader we're thinking of supporting they might dislike him rather than us, well, we might get lucky this once...
Ferro
player, 795 posts
CaporaleMaggior (It)
Jinnysong
Thu 11 May 2017
at 19:41
  • msg #30

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I like the sound of both of the fighting options. I think we would be good at both. I would vote for Forest City over the other though. We are already in the MU's bad books and it would probably be an easier fight (bandits vs Soviet regulars close to their home bases).

The vehicle trade is fine with me too.
Michael Kessler
player, 835 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Thu 11 May 2017
at 19:50
  • msg #31

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I'm also quite happy with Forest City. I think it's got more upsides than the the other option and if we're already on the MU's shit list that removes the only obvious downside that I can think of.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2445 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Thu 11 May 2017
at 19:53
  • msg #32

Re: OOC Thread - 16

We're the Mad Dogs, we're on everybody's shit list...
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2070 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Thu 11 May 2017
at 19:57
  • msg #33

Re: OOC Thread - 16

John Jameson McCarthy:
We're the Mad Dogs, we're on everybody's shit list...

Here, here!

Let's start out with Forest City
Ferro
player, 796 posts
CaporaleMaggior (It)
Jinnysong
Thu 11 May 2017
at 20:46
  • msg #34

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Is Forest City a nickname?
Fusilier
GM, 5804 posts
Your Guide
Thu 11 May 2017
at 20:53
  • msg #35

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Ferro (msg # 34):

Yes, it's actually Las Miejski, but Lewis is calling it (like he did with Bishop's Hill) by its anglicized name.

It's located on the island just across the river from your compound, in an area known as Stogi (Stacks) and Krakowiec-Górki Zachodnie (Krakowiec-West Hills) - anglicized names in brackets. It's 3.5km northeast of you. The only bridge to the island is the very same one that's next to the compound... not counting the rail bridge that's been downed further upriver.
This message was last edited by the GM at 20:54, Thu 11 May 2017.
Fusilier
GM, 5805 posts
Your Guide
Thu 11 May 2017
at 21:00
  • msg #36

Re: OOC Thread - 16

The Polish version of Wikipedia has a segment for it... if your browser can translate it.

https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Las_Miejski_(Gda%C5%84sk)

Interestingly, there's a video of wild boar there.
This message was last edited by the GM at 21:00, Thu 11 May 2017.
Janecek
player, 132 posts
Sergent-Chef FFL
Mahatatain
Fri 12 May 2017
at 12:44
  • msg #37

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Apologies for my absence everyone.  Been very busy in RL (nothing bad - just things keeping me away from RPOL) but I'm catching up now.

Ta,

Andy.
Fusilier
GM, 5806 posts
Your Guide
Fri 12 May 2017
at 21:03
  • msg #38

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I'm thinking about just skipping over the hospital and market visit, not requiring it to be played out in detail. Is that ok with everyone? I'm good either way.
Michael Kessler
player, 837 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Fri 12 May 2017
at 21:23
  • msg #39

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Fusilier (msg # 38):

No objections here
Varis Babicevs
player, 1453 posts
Sgt (Latvia)
Raellus
Fri 12 May 2017
at 21:24
  • msg #40

Re: OOC Thread - 16


Please.

-
Fusilier
GM, 5807 posts
Your Guide
Fri 12 May 2017
at 21:38
  • msg #41

Re: OOC Thread - 16

John Jameson McCarthy:
Once that's done, head for the Solidarity Market. Price, you'll take our broken electronics to the electronics salesman there. See if he can fix them or if you can source the parts to do it.

"Janacek, I'd like you to use some of the gold to grease the path to us scoring at least some more radios if not night vision. Let him know if he collects some for us we'll pay top dollar and pay him a bonus finder's fee on top. Andropov will give you a list of parts the BMP needs, try to find them too if you can.


For the second part, how much gold are you considering to give?
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2446 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Sat 13 May 2017
at 09:06
  • msg #42

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Does one bullet sound too much?

We really need those radios and it would be a statement of intent.

Also, can Jan ask him to prioritise radios up to five or six, particularly short ranged light ones as we have plenty of manpacks to set up nets. Then we can go for Night-vision or parts.

Obviously, it's Jan's treasure so if wants to try for less that's his decision.
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2071 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Sat 13 May 2017
at 13:27
  • msg #43

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Fusilier:
I'm thinking about just skipping over the hospital and market visit, not requiring it to be played out in detail. Is that ok with everyone? I'm good either way.

If we don't need to then, that's fine with me.

Also, maybe we should keep looking into some subsonic ammo for the few suppressed weapons we have available to us?
Fusilier
GM, 5809 posts
Your Guide
Sat 13 May 2017
at 18:52
  • msg #44

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Ok, I just summed everything up and move things past the errands period.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2447 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Sun 14 May 2017
at 09:31
  • msg #45

Re: OOC Thread - 16

OK, I'm starting to think of the next move and I have thought of two options, though I'm happy for other suggestions.

1) Kessler and four others take the Hum-vee toward Forest City for a recon
The rest of the Mad Dogs form one PC team and one NPC team and spend two days salvaging

2) JJ and Andropov stay back to fix the new Hum-vee and try to arrange salvage along with NPC Mad Dogs and any labour we can hire. The rest of the PC Mad Dogs take the Hum-vee and Krok and do the recon.

The second one has the benefit of keeping it down to just one group for Fuse as JJ and Andropov's part can be done off-stage.

The problem is that we need to have PCs overseeing salvage and construction or nothing gets done, but that aspect of the game is boring for most players. If we ignore salvaging etc, it comes back to bite us on the ass when we're short of gear and freezing our way through the winter so both have to be done at some point.

If anyone has other things they'd rather us pursue, please speak up, none of this is set in stone.
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2072 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Sun 14 May 2017
at 13:40
  • msg #46

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to John Jameson McCarthy (msg # 45):

Due to my schedule, perhaps it would be best to put Frank as one of the PC's to oversee the salvage Ops?

Also, the search for some more subsonic ammo and anything on the group that may have had something to do with the death of Father Tomlinson, Frank's deceased contact/friend.
Ferro
player, 799 posts
CaporaleMaggior (It)
Jinnysong
Sun 14 May 2017
at 16:19
  • msg #47

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I mm fine with that as long as you are ok with both of your PCs staying behind.

For what happens after the the recon though I think McCarthy should be there (Like an attack or whatever).
Michael Kessler
player, 838 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sun 14 May 2017
at 16:29
  • msg #48

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I'm not sure what time scale you're looking at but remember Kessler needs to be back at the IB for 2200 to participate in Eikki's interrogation. Having gone out of his way to request that, he won't want to risk missing it.

Also, if the plan is to try and spin this as a win for the Catholic militia someone should probably reach out to them at some point.
Fusilier
GM, 5810 posts
Your Guide
Sun 14 May 2017
at 16:30
  • msg #49

Re: OOC Thread - 16

It's noon and it's a five minute drive to F.C.

I assume the recce is just a meet with F.C. people? Not actually going into the field? If so, there will be lots of time for Kessler to get back.

If the recce is supposed to be more than that, what do you have in mind?
This message was last edited by the GM at 16:31, Sun 14 May 2017.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2448 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Sun 14 May 2017
at 17:27
  • msg #50

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I'm envisaging heading out on the day after this one. Once Kessler has liaised with the Forest City contingent he'll have the knowledge about whether it's best to push on to recce the area or return to make plans.

In the meantime, JJ will get things rolling with the salvage and construction.

Fuse: did Tenza have a radio?
Fusilier
GM, 5811 posts
Your Guide
Sun 14 May 2017
at 17:28
  • msg #51

Re: OOC Thread - 16

No, Tenza doesn't have a radio.

Also, for Andy, I need that gold bullet removed from Jan's inventory.
Janecek
player, 133 posts
Sergent-Chef FFL
Mahatatain
Sun 14 May 2017
at 22:18
  • msg #52

Re: OOC Thread - 16

John Jameson McCarthy:
OK, I'm starting to think of the next move and I have thought of two options, though I'm happy for other suggestions.

1) Kessler and four others take the Hum-vee toward Forest City for a recon
The rest of the Mad Dogs form one PC team and one NPC team and spend two days salvaging

2) JJ and Andropov stay back to fix the new Hum-vee and try to arrange salvage along with NPC Mad Dogs and any labour we can hire. The rest of the PC Mad Dogs take the Hum-vee and Krok and do the recon.

I think that we need to find a combination of the two options, particularly as Option 2 means you have no active PC.

I think that several of us have two PCs and so those of us with two PCs should be able to arrange one of them to participate in the salvage team while the other PC goes with those PCs doing the recon.  For me I'd like Tosh to do the salvaging and Jan to go on the recon.

Fusilier:
Also, for Andy, I need that gold bullet removed from Jan's inventory.

Done - should we shift them to the unit stores as Jan has effectively donated them to the unit?
Per Kolstrup
player, 456 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Sun 14 May 2017
at 22:28
  • msg #53

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Janecek:
I think that several of us have two PCs and so those of us with two PCs should be able to arrange one of them to participate in the salvage team while the other PC goes with those PCs doing the recon.  For me I'd like Tosh to do the salvaging and Jan to go on the recon.


Per should go on the "recon". Varis will accompany the salvage team.

-
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2073 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Mon 15 May 2017
at 00:55
  • msg #54

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Janecek:
John Jameson McCarthy:
OK, I'm starting to think of the next move and I have thought of two options, though I'm happy for other suggestions.

1) Kessler and four others take the Hum-vee toward Forest City for a recon
The rest of the Mad Dogs form one PC team and one NPC team and spend two days salvaging

2) JJ and Andropov stay back to fix the new Hum-vee and try to arrange salvage along with NPC Mad Dogs and any labour we can hire. The rest of the PC Mad Dogs take the Hum-vee and Krok and do the recon.

I think that we need to find a combination of the two options, particularly as Option 2 means you have no active PC.

I think that several of us have two PCs and so those of us with two PCs should be able to arrange one of them to participate in the salvage team while the other PC goes with those PCs doing the recon.  For me I'd like Tosh to do the salvaging and Jan to go on the recon.

Fusilier:
Also, for Andy, I need that gold bullet removed from Jan's inventory.

Done - should we shift them to the unit stores as Jan has effectively donated them to the unit?

I only have one PC in the game so whatever works the best
Michael Kessler
player, 839 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Mon 15 May 2017
at 12:42
  • msg #55

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I’m fine with Riedel staying behind. So confirmed for salvage are:

McCarthy
Lines
Babicevs
Benucci
Riedel

And the following are down for recon:

Kolstrup
Czerny

Are we still planning on trying to ‘recruit’ the Catholic militia so we can try and spin this as a win for them? Or are we shelving that idea?

If we’re going through with it and we want to start the op tomorrow someone is going to have to make contact with them. Kessler or McCarthy (or both) would probably be best. If you want Kessler involved in that I’ll put Walsh in the recce team – Kolstrup can take command.

If we’re shelving that idea Kessler can go with the recce team and Walsh will stay with the salvagers.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2449 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Mon 15 May 2017
at 15:20
  • msg #56

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I'd suggest that we do the recce before we enlist the Catholic Militia as support. That way we know what we're getting into. Otherwise we might be in over our heads.

I'd suggest:

Tonight: Kessler sits in o interview.

Tomorrow: Salvage team and contact with Forest City plus a recon of the potential terrain we'll be fighting over
Tomorrow Night: Report back and come up with plan
Day after: Contact Catholic Militia with plan and day 2 of salvage recovery

After that:

Next planning session.
Michael Kessler
player, 840 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Mon 15 May 2017
at 15:41
  • msg #57

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Gotcha. I misread what you meant by heading out on the day after this one – I thought you meant everyone heading up to Forest City at that point.

OK, so Kessler will go on the recce and Walsh will join the salvage party.
Ferro
player, 800 posts
CaporaleMaggior (It)
Jinnysong
Mon 15 May 2017
at 16:00
  • msg #58

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Is it a good idea to wait another day to do anything and a couple days more to actually execute it? It kinda feels like their is a limitation to when this mission is availbale? Sort of like who gets the the job done first?

"Now, they're resisting pressure from the Merchant Union to fold into them, in exchange for using the Union's mercenaries to deal with their raider problem."
This message was last edited by the player at 16:01, Mon 15 May 2017.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2450 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Mon 15 May 2017
at 16:08
  • msg #59

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I don't know.
Fusilier
GM, 5812 posts
Your Guide
Mon 15 May 2017
at 16:14
  • msg #60

Re: OOC Thread - 16

To save time I think you could keep your plan but start it today.

Today: Salvage team and contact with Forest City plus a recon of the potential terrain we'll be fighting over
Tonight: Report back and come up with plan (Kessler goes IB too)
Tomorrow: Contact Catholic Militia with plan and day 2 of salvage recovery
Day after: move in

Time is in a way an issue, they can't refuse help from the cartels forever, but it's not like the Tczew mission. Not so rushed like that. The longer you wait there is more of a chance of an another attack on them, but if they are convinced real help is coming, that solves the cartel problem. Not sure if I'm clear.
Fusilier
GM, 5813 posts
Your Guide
Mon 15 May 2017
at 16:31
  • msg #61

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Or, thinking about it further, just don't plan so far ahead.
Go to FC now and just take it from there.

Just a suggestion though. Not trying to dictate the actions.
This message was last edited by the GM at 16:32, Mon 15 May 2017.
Ferro
player, 801 posts
CaporaleMaggior (It)
Jinnysong
Mon 15 May 2017
at 16:43
  • msg #62

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I'm fine either way. Just throwing out something I thought might be overlooked.
Billy 'Crack' O'Brien
player, 978 posts
Cpl (UK) Airborne
Cymon
Mon 15 May 2017
at 19:58
  • msg #63

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Billy would be happy with either mission.
Michael Kessler
player, 841 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Mon 15 May 2017
at 21:08
  • msg #64

Re: OOC Thread - 16

OK, so we've got Kessler, Kolstrup, and Czerny confirmed for a recce in the Humvee.

@Ferro, do you want to drive and then we've got a four?

If anyone else wants to come it may be better if we take the Iltis rather than the BTR - no point letting the enemy see we have an APC.

If there are no objections maybe we can do as Fuse suggests and have the recce party head up today while the salvagers do their thing and then take it from there?
Ferro
player, 802 posts
CaporaleMaggior (It)
Jinnysong
Mon 15 May 2017
at 21:17
  • msg #65

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Yeah sorry i know I didn't say it but Im wanting to go on the recon.
This message was last edited by the player at 21:19, Mon 15 May 2017.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2451 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Tue 16 May 2017
at 07:15
  • msg #66

Re: OOC Thread - 16

OK, I'll get a post together but I'm working late tonight. I'll be able to work on something at about 21 to 22.00 GMT.
Fusilier
GM, 5815 posts
Your Guide
Tue 16 May 2017
at 08:04
  • msg #67

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Ok thanks. I was already working on moving things ahead, so I've put up a post for the recce guys.

Kessler, Kolstrup, Czerny, and Ferro are the only ones confirmed. Any additions need to be added asap.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2452 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Tue 16 May 2017
at 18:37
  • msg #68

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I've worked out something like this:

11x Metal Plates (of 1m x 1m average size)
 3x Metal Plates (of 2m x 2m average size)
 1x Metal Plate (of 4m x 1m average size)
 1x Delivery Van (non-operational)
 1x Flatbed trailer (no tires)
 ??? Railroad Tracks and Ties (too many to count)
Day 1:
First Period:
Team 1: Light Pick-ups: 4 unskilled
Barrels
Cables and chains
Chainlink fencing
Cinder blocks
Fridge
Street Signs
Tires
Oxyacetylyne tanks
Should get all of this unless some of it is tricky to get

Team 2: Cutting team: 4 tools: 8 (4 hours)
Fence Posts
Easy to get steel plates
All posts in 2 hours
Plates depends on difficulty
Team 3: Loosen rails
Loosen rails


Period 2:
All teams load rail lines on to van and unload at compound

I estimate that eight will be needed to lift a rail line and that the van can take four lines per load. Team 2 and 3 will load and unload and Team 1 will loosen more lines.

Time:
Load van: 40mins/load (6 loads for 4 hours)
24 rails (3 per hedgehog gives us 8 hedgehogs when we build them)

Day 2: 10,000 litre tank
Period 1
Team 1:
Clear route to river
Team 2:
Dig up rail sleepers (8/period)
Team 3:
Dig up rail sleepers (8/period)
Period 2:
All teams:
Lay down Egyptian railroad
Use tow truck to help drag tanker to water
Load up sleepers
Float to the compound using barge as power

Teams
Aleksandar  Hum-vee recovery
Andropov    Hum-vee recovery
Anna        Team 1
Babicevs    Team 2
Benucci     Team 2
Ferro       Recon
Kolstrup    Recon
Krupp       Desk Duty
Janku       Team 1
Kessler     Recon
Riedel      Team 2
Lines       Team 2
Majchrzak   Team1
McCarthy    Team 3
O'Brien     Team 3
Walsh       Team 3
Price       Team 3
Janacek     Recon

I'll put a pots up IC now that summarise it but I'm not going to have to be able to put much detail in or change anything until Friday because of work and other commitments.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2454 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Wed 17 May 2017
at 08:06
  • msg #69

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I was so busy yesterday my brain skipped a day. I can answer things today if people want to ask but the responses may be short. All the Department Heads in the school are being made to reapply for their jobs as the Head is halving the number of departments because of cuts. It's a fraught time and I need to support my colleagues, reassure my team and work out if I'll have a job at the end of the year.
Varis Babicevs
player, 1454 posts
Sgt (Latvia)
Raellus
Wed 17 May 2017
at 14:39
  • msg #70

Re: OOC Thread - 16


I feel your pain, Mark. Arizona ranks 50th of the 50 states in education spending. Pretty much every end of year is that kind of fraught for us public school teachers here. Hang in there, mate. I'm with you in spirit.

-
Fusilier
GM, 5818 posts
Your Guide
Fri 19 May 2017
at 03:33
  • msg #71

Re: OOC Thread - 16

The map provided by Walter is labeled and traced out to illustrate the layout of the ground.

Notes:

1. Locations of bandit incidents are for known attacks only. Meaning, the campground isn't marked, as the disappearance of the inhabitants may not be associated with marauders.

2. Two locations mark a presence by two of the larger factions. The cartels of the Merchant Union occupy the prewar distillery in the south, along with an adjacent shipyard. The Fisherman's League hold the old Napoleonic era fort up near the Westerplatte.

3. The bandits' possible hideout is assumed to be in 1 of 4 geographical regions:
A) the burned forest (and unburned surroundings)
B) the wasteland
C) the isolated industry ruins
D) the ruins & rubble

4. Area D has been given the most scrutiny lately because it is the closest and most important (of the four) regions to Forest City. Thus Area D is the least likely candidate for the bandit location, according to Walter.


This message was last edited by the GM at 03:39, Fri 19 May 2017.
Fusilier
GM, 5820 posts
Your Guide
Sun 21 May 2017
at 17:53
  • msg #72

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Just a quick post before I have to head out for a few hours. I'll finish the turn and add a segment for the work party later.

Also, I'm not sure if I explained the tower LOS angle well, so here is a diagram to help illustrate things. The towers are higher than the surrounding houses, but because of the distance to them, the angle is low, preventing an observer from seeing past the houses. This isn't to scale (the towers are higher than the houses shown and the distance of the field between them larger), but hopefully you get what I'm saying.


This message was last edited by the GM at 18:01, Sun 21 May 2017.
Fusilier
GM, 5821 posts
Your Guide
Sun 21 May 2017
at 18:02
  • msg #73

Re: OOC Thread - 16

To put it another way, the NODLR might have around a 15-25% chance of seeing ground used by an approaching force.
Michael Kessler
player, 846 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Mon 22 May 2017
at 12:12
  • msg #74

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Does anyone have any other questions that they want to put to Walter or anything else they think we need to do? (those not in the recce group, if you say so here someone in the recce group can pick up on your behalf).

Or are we ready to head back?
Ferro
player, 806 posts
CaporaleMaggior (It)
Jinnysong
Tue 23 May 2017
at 02:00
  • msg #75

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Michael Kessler (msg # 74):

I don't have anything further.
Ferro
player, 807 posts
CaporaleMaggior (It)
Jinnysong
Tue 23 May 2017
at 02:02
  • msg #76

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I think it needs to be a hunt (go look for them) or a swift reaction to the next attack (before they get away).

I don't think ambushing them before an attack is practical. Too much ground and the attacks have been spaced out.
Varis Babicevs
player, 1457 posts
Sgt (Latvia)
Raellus
Tue 23 May 2017
at 02:16
  • msg #77

Re: OOC Thread - 16


How about we assemble the Mad Dogs in Forest City. We send out a foot patrol with a strong reaction force (re the vehicles) on standby. As soon as the patrol gets hit, we call in the cavalry and smash them.

-
Michael Kessler
player, 847 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Tue 23 May 2017
at 13:01
  • msg #78

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Ferro:
I think it needs to be a hunt (go look for them) or a swift reaction to the next attack (before they get away).

If we’re going to hunt them I think stealthy is the way to go. Send out recon patrol(s) after dark to try and pinpoint their location. If / when we find them hit them with everything that we have.

Varis Babicevs:
How about we assemble the Mad Dogs in Forest City. We send out a foot patrol with a strong reaction force (re the vehicles) on standby. As soon as the patrol gets hit, we call in the cavalry and smash them

I think the challenge here is finding a balance – if the patrol is too strong the bandits may leave it alone, if it’s too weak it can’t defend itself properly.

If we’re going to bait a trap for them maybe we could have some people move in to the campground disguised as refugees while the rest of the unit waits close by. We don’t even need to leave the people in the campground, just make it look like it’s occupied – start a camp fire, pitch a couple of tents, then withdraw after dark and see if they take the bait.
Michael Kessler
player, 848 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Tue 23 May 2017
at 13:13
  • msg #79

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Ferro:
In reply to Michael Kessler (msg # 74):

I don't have anything further.

OK, I’ll post something tonight to wrap up the conversation with Walter and get us back to base so that the people not in the recon party can jump into the IC mission planning if they so wish.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2459 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Tue 23 May 2017
at 13:34
  • msg #80

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I'm starting to think of a plan that would integrate the Catholic militia so their headman can get kudos.

My idea is we get the catholic militia to act as a stop line cutting off the escape from the island. Then we use what's left of the militia to form a firebase in the Vauban-style fort to the north (although that might be where the bandits are so we'll need to scout it out first.

Once the militia is in place we sweep the island and route out the bandits. The Krok could act as a mobile pill-box as we clear different sections and root out the bandits.

That way when we capture them we'll be able to give the militia's leader the credit for the success and the extra personnel means we might be able to do things without our arses hanging in the breeze for once.

How does that sound as a start? Too complex?

The spell-check doesn't recognise arse, or recognise by the look of it.

Arse, arse, arse, arse, arse...
Fusilier
GM, 5822 posts
Your Guide
Tue 23 May 2017
at 14:00
  • msg #81

Re: OOC Thread - 16

John Jameson McCarthy:
Then we use what's left of the militia to form a firebase in the Vauban-style fort to the north (although that might be where the bandits are so we'll need to scout it out first.


Minor point, that fort has been mentioned as being occupied by the Fisherman's League.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2460 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Tue 23 May 2017
at 17:05
  • msg #82

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Even better, that means we don't need the firebase as they won't flee there.
Michael Kessler
player, 849 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Tue 23 May 2017
at 17:28
  • msg #83

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to John Jameson McCarthy (msg # 80):

Works for me...
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2078 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Tue 23 May 2017
at 18:49
  • msg #84

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to John Jameson McCarthy (msg # 82):

Count Frank in
Janecek
player, 136 posts
Sergent-Chef FFL
Mahatatain
Tue 23 May 2017
at 21:19
  • msg #85

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to John Jameson McCarthy (msg # 80):

Sounds like a good plan to me.  I think that the key is to find the bandits camp - they seem to have been operating in the area for a while so they will presumably have one.
Billy 'Crack' O'Brien
player, 980 posts
Cpl (UK) Airborne
Cymon
Tue 23 May 2017
at 21:32
  • msg #86

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to John Jameson McCarthy (msg # 80):

Sounds good.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2463 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Fri 26 May 2017
at 06:35
  • msg #87

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Initially I suggested that Kessler runs security and listens in on the radio so he can comment. Would it be better for him to set up the security and then come in to the talk? If there's a problem someone could radio him. That might be less artificial and our opposite number might feel we're monitoring what he says and recording it of we do it the other way.

Dave, what do you think?
Fusilier
GM, 5825 posts
Your Guide
Fri 26 May 2017
at 06:38
  • msg #88

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Might be better for him to be inside.
Michael Kessler
player, 853 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Fri 26 May 2017
at 07:40
  • msg #89

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to John Jameson McCarthy (msg # 87):

That's fine by me.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2464 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Fri 26 May 2017
at 10:03
  • msg #90

Re: OOC Thread - 16

OK, if you post up some disposition I'll get the meet and greet done.
Michael Kessler
player, 854 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Fri 26 May 2017
at 10:13
  • msg #91

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I’ll do my best but I’ve no clue who’s there so it will have to be vague. If we’ve got the Iltis and the Humvee we have seven / eight seats (I think). Kessler, McCarthy, and Kaminski account for three for those so that leaves approx five, which isn’t enough for every pc.
Michael Kessler
player, 855 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Fri 26 May 2017
at 10:24
  • msg #92

Re: OOC Thread - 16

OK, by my count there are six players (excluding me and mark). To try to give everyone a chance to get on to the security detail I’m going to presume that Fuse lets us squeeze up in the vehicles so that everyone can get one pc there.

So I suggest the security detail is as follows

Fischer
Ferro
Babicevs
O’Brien
Lines
Benucci

I won’t be posting until later so if anyone with more than one pc wants to do a swap just shout. If I’ve missed anyone I'm sorry – I’m at work so trying to do this as and when I can.
Fusilier
GM, 5826 posts
Your Guide
Fri 26 May 2017
at 15:41
  • msg #93

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Yes, all players (1 character) may be present, regardless of seating.
This message was last edited by the GM at 15:42, Fri 26 May 2017.
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2080 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Fri 26 May 2017
at 18:42
  • msg #94

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Fusilier (msg # 93):

Sounds good to me!
Billy 'Crack' O'Brien
player, 981 posts
Cpl (UK) Airborne
Cymon
Fri 26 May 2017
at 20:44
  • msg #95

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Michael Kessler (msg # 92):

Sounds great.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2467 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Sun 28 May 2017
at 07:13
  • msg #96

Re: OOC Thread - 16

The militia stop line will need to cover about two kilometres of area so they're spread thin.

I'm thinking something like:

1) We lend the Forest City people the Dushka and some rifles so they can defend their settlement. We add a radio operator as advisor/liaison.

2) The loaner militia cover the bridge and cut the bandits off from our compound/mortar pit.

3) The Knights split into two groups to cover the campsite and just south of that so they can support each other. We may need to lend them radio or flares (if we have them).

As for us, we'll need:

Mortar team (Anna can be one)
An RTO/liaison for the Forest City settlement (Andropov or a volunteer)

Also, do the rest of us stick together as an attack force or do we assign an NPC force in the ILTIS to act as a pursuit group if the bandits slip through? Their job would be to delay flight until the Hum-vee/BTR get there.

Can anyone think of a way of dealing with non-bandit groups we encounter that aren't willing to co-operate with a heavily armed group? At the moment I'm coming up with a variation of "If they run they're VC; if they don't run, they're well-trained VC" but I don't think that will go down too well.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.
Ferro
player, 810 posts
CaporaleMaggior (It)
Jinnysong
Sun 28 May 2017
at 08:05
  • msg #97

Re: OOC Thread - 16

John Jameson McCarthy:
Can anyone think of a way of dealing with non-bandit groups we encounter that aren't willing to co-operate with a heavily armed group? At the moment I'm coming up with a variation of "If they run they're VC; if they don't run, they're well-trained VC" but I don't think that will go down too well.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.


Maybe just a promise that we will do whatever we can to minimize civilian casualties. I know that doesn't explain how and may not be the sort of reasonable answer he wants to hear but maybe just being honest about it will work. Honest being, "we'll try to make the right call as it happens because that's all we can do at this point".
Ferro
player, 811 posts
CaporaleMaggior (It)
Jinnysong
Sun 28 May 2017
at 08:09
  • msg #98

Re: OOC Thread - 16

John Jameson McCarthy:
Also, do the rest of us stick together as an attack force or do we assign an NPC force in the ILTIS to act as a pursuit group if the bandits slip through? Their job would be to delay flight until the Hum-vee/BTR get there.


I thought we were sneaking over by boat at night so nobody knows we are around. If we drive vehicles over they (bandits / whoever probably watches the road) are going to be alerted.
Michael Kessler
player, 858 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sun 28 May 2017
at 10:27
  • msg #99

Re: OOC Thread - 16

John Jameson McCarthy:
Can anyone think of a way of dealing with non-bandit groups we encounter that aren't willing to co-operate with a heavily armed group? At the moment I'm coming up with a variation of "If they run they're VC; if they don't run, they're well-trained VC" but I don't think that will go down too well.

Not especially. We can try the old 'innocent people should have nothing to hide' but that's probably not going to go down too well either.

We could offer to take a couple of Piszczek's men with us - he's got to have people who he trusts implicitly, a key lieutenant, something like that - and say we'll include them in any decision as to how to proceed if we encounter such a group. That gives them a say - and potentially a veto - in how we deal with any such group.

We should probably also say that if and when we find the bandits we will do what we can to take prisoners provided it doesn't put mean putting ourselves at risk,

John Jameson McCarthy:
Also, do the rest of us stick together as an attack force or do we assign an NPC force in the ILTIS to act as a pursuit group if the bandits slip through? Their job would be to delay flight until the Hum-vee/BTR get there.

Most of our NPC's are on secondment to the Marians at the moment. By my count if Anna is on mortar duty and Krupp is in light duties so presumably not taking part that only leaves Janku and Aleksandr (and if Aleksandr is on RTO duty that obviously only leaves Janku).

How about the following:

Humvee
McCarthy - VC / Overall operation commander
Ferro - Driver
Babicevs - Gunner
Riedel - Medic

BTR
Kessler - VC
Andropov - Driver
Fischer - Gunner

Dismount Squad (ride in / on BTR)
Kolstrup - Squad Leader
O'Brien
Lines
Benucci
Price
Walsh
Czerny
Janku

RTO
Aleksandr (If you'd prefer Andropov to do it then we can swap them around but being a Pole I think he's a good choice for the dual task of liaison. It's also a good way of making him feel valued - 'this is an important job, Aleksandr, etc, etc'.)

That doesn't allocate anyone to the mortar with Anna, Other than McCarthy I don't know who has the appropriate skill set?

I tried to work it so that for those who had multiple characters their characters were on different assignment where possible - I think the only instance was Lines and Czerny, although that can be semi dealt with by putting them in different fireteams.

If we want a team in the Iltis we could shift some of the dismount squad but that would mean splitting our forces.

None of the above is set in stone, it's just a suggestion, so if anyone would rather do it another way just say.

Ferro:
I thought we were sneaking over by boat at night so nobody knows we are around. If we drive vehicles over they (bandits / whoever probably watches the road) are going to be alerted.

I think sneaking in would have been the best option if we were going to try and lay an ambush for the bandits but for this option we need the vehicles.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2468 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Sun 28 May 2017
at 10:58
  • msg #100

Re: OOC Thread - 16

We don't have to use the vehicles. I am however worried about a night operation which involves allied troops we've never worked with before. Also, we have a lot of area to cover on foot and if we have bitten off more than we can chew then we will not have the vehicles to back us up.

Moving the militia in and using the barge to infiltrate our team may almost be as noisy as going in with the vehicles and if we lose the advantage of surprise and speed, we'll do a lot of walking around in the dark, if people want an night time foot operation though I'm happy to go with that.

I like the idea of having a liaison along with us with a veto.

I also like the arrangements for the assignment. It would be good to have the mortar involved but it's not essential by any means.
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2082 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Sun 28 May 2017
at 14:22
  • msg #101

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Ferro:
John Jameson McCarthy:
Can anyone think of a way of dealing with non-bandit groups we encounter that aren't willing to co-operate with a heavily armed group? At the moment I'm coming up with a variation of "If they run they're VC; if they don't run, they're well-trained VC" but I don't think that will go down too well.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.


Maybe just a promise that we will do whatever we can to minimize civilian casualties. I know that doesn't explain how and may not be the sort of reasonable answer he wants to hear but maybe just being honest about it will work. Honest being, "we'll try to make the right call as it happens because that's all we can do at this point".

I would say having one of our 'Lady' PC's or NPC's try to sell our position to the civvies.  A kind or caring face could make a difference on getting access to an area and/or de-escalate a hostile situation.  I'm not indicating our 'Ladies' are soft but, using their looks and positive demeanor may sway occupants to want to help.
Fusilier
GM, 5827 posts
Your Guide
Sun 28 May 2017
at 16:33
  • msg #102

Re: OOC Thread - 16

John Jameson McCarthy:
Also, we have a lot of area to cover on foot and if we have bitten off more than we can chew then we will not have the vehicles to back us up.


LoSA can bring 15-20 men on an initial 2 hours notice*, but if want more men it would be possible if you'll wait. Say, roughly 5-9 more men every four hours.

* Plus around 6 from the Domovoj guys.
Sabine Riedel
player, 257 posts
Soldat (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sun 28 May 2017
at 16:40
  • msg #103

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Francis 'Frank' Benucci (msg # 101):

Riedel has no asset at all in Persuasion so I don't think she'll be much help.

EDIT. I've never really thought of her as having a particularly positive demeanour either...
This message was last edited by the player at 16:42, Sun 28 May 2017.
Janecek
player, 137 posts
Sergent-Chef FFL
Mahatatain
Sun 28 May 2017
at 22:12
  • msg #104

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Michael Kessler:
I tried to work it so that for those who had multiple characters their characters were on different assignment where possible - I think the only instance was Lines and Czerny, although that can be semi dealt with by putting them in different fireteams.

That's fine with me.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2469 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Mon 29 May 2017
at 06:55
  • msg #105

Re: OOC Thread - 16

So if we're going for a night attack, say moving into position at 20.00 to commence operations at 22.00, that would give the militia another 8 hours to raise personnel which might give them around ten more troops. Is that about right?
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2470 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Mon 29 May 2017
at 07:08
  • msg #106

Re: OOC Thread - 16

According to my reading, the US in Vietnam would take about three weeks to search an area fifty kilometres square. Given that the area would have been jungle, and our AOE is about four kilometres square and a mix of ruins and lighter woods than jungles, it might take a long time but it is within the range of a night operation.

This is what I suggest if we're going with that.

1) We contact the Fishing Union/Guild and let them know what we're doing.
2) At 20.00 hours the militia assembles at our compound.
3) From there they move into position to cover the bridge, settlement and camping ground. The more men they get the more we can cover.
4) We board the barge and head for the fort, hopefully if the bandits clock us they'll assume it's a resupply of the fort.
5) We split this way:
Janku/Anna mortar

Fire team 1
 McCarthy
 Ferro RTO
 Babicevs Grenedier
 Riedel - Medic

 Fire team 2
 Kessler
 Andropov
 Fischer
 Cnerzy

 Fire team 3 (Carries a support weapon of some sort)
 Kolstrup
 O'Brien
 Lines
 Benucci
 Price
 Walsh
6) We'll offer the militia the opportunity to include one local and one of their men on the patrol to help us deal with suspicious civilians and give us a shoot/no shoot order.
7) Once the militia is in place we'll begin sweeping the island, I'd suggest we go west east and then drop down a little and go east west until we make contact or reach our stop line.

What do people think?

I've tried to keep groupings similar to Dave's plan apart from moving Jan ad Janku.
This message was last edited by the player at 07:15, Mon 29 May 2017.
Fusilier
GM, 5828 posts
Your Guide
Mon 29 May 2017
at 07:34
  • msg #107

Re: OOC Thread - 16

John Jameson McCarthy:
So if we're going for a night attack, say moving into position at 20.00 to commence operations at 22.00, that would give the militia another 8 hours to raise personnel which might give them around ten more troops. Is that about right?


By 2000hrs the LoSA can muster somewhere between a low of 31 and a high of 44 of men.
This message was last edited by the GM at 07:50, Mon 29 May 2017.
Fusilier
GM, 5829 posts
Your Guide
Mon 29 May 2017
at 07:40
  • msg #108

Re: OOC Thread - 16

John Jameson McCarthy:
7) Once the militia is in place we'll begin sweeping the island, I'd suggest we go west east and then drop down a little and go east west until we make contact or reach our stop line.


Would that be similar to this (in blue)?


This message was last edited by the GM at 07:43, Mon 29 May 2017.
Janecek
player, 139 posts
Sergent-Chef FFL
Mahatatain
Mon 29 May 2017
at 08:16
  • msg #109

Re: OOC Thread - 16

John Jameson McCarthy:
5) We split this way:
Janku/Anna mortar

Fire team 1
 McCarthy
 Ferro RTO
 Babicevs Grenedier
 Riedel - Medic

 Fire team 2
 Kessler
 Andropov
 Fischer
 Cnerzy

 Fire team 3 (Carries a support weapon of some sort)
 Kolstrup
 O'Brien
 Lines
 Benucci
 Price
 Walsh

I think that a slight tweak to this might be a good idea.

From memory the grenadiers are JJM, Varis, Fischer, Jan and Billy but both JJM and Billy are using 40mmN grenades that we're running out of.  I'd therefore suggest swapping Jan and Tosh so that each fire team has a 40mmS grenadier, i.e. as follows:

Mortar Team
Janku
Anna

Fire team 1
 McCarthy - CO & Grenadier
 Ferro - RTO
 Babicevs - Grenadier
 Riedel - Medic

 Fire team 2
 Kessler - Team leader
 Andropov - Rifleman
 Fischer - Grenadier
 Lines - LMG

 Fire team 3
 Kolstrup - Team leader
 O'Brien - LMG & Grenadier
 Cnerzy - Grenadier
 Benucci - Rifleman
 Price - Rifleman
 Walsh - Rifleman

You've also mentioned Fire team 3 carrying some kind of support weapon.  Do you mean the PKM Medium Machinegun in the stores?  If so then would Frank, Chris or Charlie make sense to carry that with another one carrying extra ammo and operating as the loader (if needed)?  From his use of the Zoo-Two at the harbour it sounds like Charlie could be the best candidate as long as Spartan is happy with that.
Janecek
player, 140 posts
Sergent-Chef FFL
Mahatatain
Mon 29 May 2017
at 08:20
  • msg #110

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Fuse - Please can Jan take 3x 40mmS HE (Local) grenades from the stores.

Varis/Fischer - There are also 2x 40mmS ILLUM in the stores.  Do either of you have an illum rounds?  If you don't then I suggest that we split these two between the three of us.

Ta,

Andy.
Michael Kessler
player, 859 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Mon 29 May 2017
at 09:00
  • msg #111

Re: OOC Thread - 16

John Jameson McCarthy:
We don't have to use the vehicles. I am however worried about a night operation which involves allied troops we've never worked with before. Also, we have a lot of area to cover on foot and if we have bitten off more than we can chew then we will not have the vehicles to back us up.

IIRC the Mad Dogs’ base is only 5 mins drive from the bridge to Forest City so it may be possible to combine the two if you want to keep the BTR in reserve as a QRF. It can then move in once the bandits are located (I think the original plan was to use it as a mobile pill box?)


Janecek:
If so then would Frank, Chris or Charlie make sense to carry that with another one carrying extra ammo and operating as the loader (if needed)?

Chris has Autogun of 0/7 so probably best to count him out as machine gunner. Unless you want to risk a repeat of Sean Connery’s attempts in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
Janecek
player, 141 posts
Sergent-Chef FFL
Mahatatain
Mon 29 May 2017
at 09:24
  • msg #112

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Michael Kessler:
Janecek:
If so then would Frank, Chris or Charlie make sense to carry that with another one carrying extra ammo and operating as the loader (if needed)?

Chris has Autogun of 0/7 so probably best to count him out as machine gunner. Unless you want to risk a repeat of Sean Connery’s attempts in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

The word "loader" springs to mind..... <G>
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2083 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Mon 29 May 2017
at 16:31
  • msg #113

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Janecek:
Michael Kessler:
Janecek:
If so then would Frank, Chris or Charlie make sense to carry that with another one carrying extra ammo and operating as the loader (if needed)?

Chris has Autogun of 0/7 so probably best to count him out as machine gunner. Unless you want to risk a repeat of Sean Connery’s attempts in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

The word "loader" springs to mind..... <G>

OK, Frank has Autogun: 2/8.  If that's what you're looking for, let me know where you want him.

2nd, Frank has also acted as a DM for the team while we were short handed.  Do we want to issue the SVD out or similar rifle for this OP as an option?

Let me know how you want to proceed so I know what his load out is going to be.
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2084 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Mon 29 May 2017
at 16:32
  • msg #114

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Francis 'Frank' Benucci:
Janecek:
Michael Kessler:
Janecek:
If so then would Frank, Chris or Charlie make sense to carry that with another one carrying extra ammo and operating as the loader (if needed)?

Chris has Autogun of 0/7 so probably best to count him out as machine gunner. Unless you want to risk a repeat of Sean Connery’s attempts in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

The word "loader" springs to mind..... <G>

OK, Frank has Autogun: 2/8.  If that's what you're looking for, let me know where you want him.

2nd, Frank has also acted as a DM for the team while we were short handed.  Do we want to issue the SVD out or similar rifle for this OP as an option?

Let me know how you want to proceed so I know what his load out is going to be.

3rd, Frank still has no night vision options at this time.

Charles 'Charlie' Price
player, 62 posts
Callsign 'Dominion'
Spartan-117
Mon 29 May 2017
at 17:04
  • msg #115

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Janecek (msg # 109):

Charlie is 1/9 on Autogun, so I'm cool with that.  Also, Fischer is running with an RPK now, I decided to simply his load (and his 40mm ammo was getting scarce).
Varis Babicevs
player, 1460 posts
Sgt (Latvia)
Raellus
Mon 29 May 2017
at 17:09
  • msg #116

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Janecek:
Fuse - Please can Jan take 3x 40mmS HE (Local) grenades from the stores.

Varis/Fischer - There are also 2x 40mmS ILLUM in the stores.  Do either of you have an illum rounds?  If you don't then I suggest that we split these two between the three of us.


Varis has two.

Should we maybe reconsider a night sweep? I think we should, for the following reasons:

A. Some of us have NVGs but not all, and the militia that we'll be working with likely don't have any.

B. Militia probably aren't trained and/or adequately experienced in offensive night ops of any kind.

C. Night favors the defenders who can stay put. In all I've read, one is supposed to freeze if caught in the open when an illum round pops. If we're sweeping/assaulting, our own illum will make us great targets, rather than help us see the stationary enemy.

I just think that if we want to launch a sweep and use militias to assist in the op, even as just the anvil to our hammer, we should wait for daylight.

-
Michael Kessler
player, 860 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Mon 29 May 2017
at 17:17
  • msg #117

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Varis Babicevs:
I just think that if we want to launch a sweep and use militias to assist in the op, even as just the anvil to our hammer, we should wait for daylight.

I agree.

If we were going to be laying an ambush for the bandits I think night time would be the optimal time to do it.

But for a search and destroy there are more cons than pros to operating in the dark in my opinion (I think about three quarters of the unit don't have any night vision options right now).

So my vote would be for a daylight operation.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2471 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Mon 29 May 2017
at 18:32
  • msg #118

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I was reluctant to mount such an operation for those reasons.

So far it looks like two for a fight op on foot and three for a day sweep, I'd go for with vehicles but what do others think?

If we are going for a day OP do we try for midday today or wait until first light the next morning? Waiting may get us a dozen or so more militia.
Michael Kessler
player, 861 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Mon 29 May 2017
at 19:03
  • msg #119

Re: OOC Thread - 16

For a day op I'd say take the vehicles.
Janecek
player, 142 posts
Sergent-Chef FFL
Mahatatain
Mon 29 May 2017
at 19:35
  • msg #120

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I think that because of the involvement of the militia we should go for a day operation with support from the BTR (that will bolster their morale for a start).  A night operation runs too many risks of friendly fire incidents with the unknown quantity that is the militia.  Also in terms of timing I'd suggest we start stupidly early in the morning, as soon after dawn as possible.

If we're looking for bring the PKM then it sounds like Frank or Charlie are the best options to carry it.  Anyone got a preference?  If they don't then I'd suggest Charlie as Frank is normally armed with a AKM with a drum mag and that's almost an LMG anyway.  (Cork - FYI I don't believe that Frank is needed as a DM as Per is there if that's needed)

Regarding grenade launchers if Fischer is carrying an RPK does that mean that Kessler is carrying his 40mmS GL again?
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2472 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Mon 29 May 2017
at 19:42
  • msg #121

Re: OOC Thread - 16

If we're taking vehicles it's less necessary to have an MMG in the team.
Ferro
player, 812 posts
CaporaleMaggior (It)
Jinnysong
Mon 29 May 2017
at 20:12
  • msg #122

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I am fine for day or night but has it been overlooked that with vehicles they are going to see us before we see them? From Walter's info the bandits break off when defenses get organized. When they see us they aren't going to commit to a fight they are going to run and hide or whatever.
Varis Babicevs
player, 1461 posts
Sgt (Latvia)
Raellus
Mon 29 May 2017
at 20:18
  • msg #123

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Ferro:
I am fine for day or night but has it been overlooked that with vehicles they are going to see us before we see them? From Walter's info the bandits break off when defenses get organized. When they see us they aren't going to commit to a fight they are going to run and hide or whatever.


Which will be easier to do at night. If we can get the blocking force in position, it won't matter much if the bandits run. In fact, we can use that to our advantage. Once they realize they're between a rock and a hard place, we might be able to convince them to surrender.

-
Per Kolstrup
player, 459 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Mon 29 May 2017
at 20:20
  • msg #124

Re: OOC Thread - 16


Do we need a sniper or a LMG'er more for this mission? Per has a multicaliber conversion kit for his G21. If we have belted 7.62x39mm, he can act as a SAW gunner. If we need a DM instead, he can stick with 7.62mmN. He wouldn't want to burn out his 7.62mmN caliber barrel going full cyclic.

-
Fusilier
GM, 5830 posts
Your Guide
Mon 29 May 2017
at 20:22
  • msg #125

Re: OOC Thread - 16

It's a big island I think, with your plan of cut offs, that lessens your search manpower. Just to keep in mind.
This message was last edited by the GM at 20:23, Mon 29 May 2017.
Fusilier
GM, 5831 posts
Your Guide
Mon 29 May 2017
at 20:24
  • msg #126

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Janecek (msg # 110):

Done.
Varis Babicevs
player, 1462 posts
Sgt (Latvia)
Raellus
Mon 29 May 2017
at 20:33
  • msg #127

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Fusilier:
It's a big island I think, with your plan of cut offs, that lessens your search manpower. Just to keep in mind.


I'm hoping that the shock-and-awe element of Der Krok will help rouse our allies and intimidate the bandits.

-
Fusilier
GM, 5832 posts
Your Guide
Mon 29 May 2017
at 20:37
  • msg #128

Re: OOC Thread - 16

That's possible too.
Janecek
player, 143 posts
Sergent-Chef FFL
Mahatatain
Mon 29 May 2017
at 20:42
  • msg #129

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Fusilier (msg # 126):

Thanks.

Just realised that he also wants to take 100x 5.45mmB from the unit stores.  Apologies that I didn't realise that earlier.
Michael Kessler
player, 862 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Mon 29 May 2017
at 20:44
  • msg #130

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Varis Babicevs:
I'm hoping that the shock-and-awe element of Der Krok will help rouse our allies and intimidate the bandits.

I had sort of hoped that when we traded the BMP to the IB we might have ended up with their psyops Humvee. That way we could have hit the bandits with a double whammy - the Krok and the Humvee playing Ride of the Valkyries. Or Highway to Hell. Or something.
Varis Babicevs
player, 1463 posts
Sgt (Latvia)
Raellus
Mon 29 May 2017
at 20:45
  • msg #131

Re: OOC Thread - 16


That would kick ass.

-
Janecek
player, 144 posts
Sergent-Chef FFL
Mahatatain
Mon 29 May 2017
at 20:45
  • msg #132

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Per Kolstrup:
Do we need a sniper or a LMG'er more for this mission? Per has a multicaliber conversion kit for his G21. If we have belted 7.62x39mm, he can act as a SAW gunner. If we need a DM instead, he can stick with 7.62mmN. He wouldn't want to burn out his 7.62mmN caliber barrel going full cyclic.

I'd say stick as a sniper as we have a couple of RPKs and an RPD already.
Michael Kessler
player, 863 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Mon 29 May 2017
at 20:53
  • msg #133

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Varis Babicevs:
That would kick ass.

We could ask the IB if we could borrow it. Worst that happens is they say no. It might also be useful if we're trying to get them to surrender.

EDIT. Our new allies may disapprove of Highway to Hell

Janecek:
Just realised that he also wants to take 100x 5.45mmB from the unit stores.

Given the copious amounts of Pact calibre ammo we have in the stores we could probably load several hundred rounds of 5.45B and 7.62S aboard the Krok in case anyone needs to reload in the field.

Janecek:
Regarding grenade launchers if Fischer is carrying an RPK does that mean that Kessler is carrying his 40mmS GL again?

Hadn't planned to. As Spartan said, the supply of ammo for it is pretty limited.
This message was last edited by the player at 20:54, Mon 29 May 2017.
Janecek
player, 145 posts
Sergent-Chef FFL
Mahatatain
Mon 29 May 2017
at 20:55
  • msg #134

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Varis Babicevs:
Ferro:
I am fine for day or night but has it been overlooked that with vehicles they are going to see us before we see them? From Walter's info the bandits break off when defenses get organized. When they see us they aren't going to commit to a fight they are going to run and hide or whatever.


Which will be easier to do at night. If we can get the blocking force in position, it won't matter much if the bandits run. In fact, we can use that to our advantage. Once they realize they're between a rock and a hard place, we might be able to convince them to surrender.

Would it be an idea for the BTR to start with the militia blocking force and then move to back up the rest of the Mad Dogs once contact has been made?

Overall though I hope that our plan flushes the bandits and forces them to scatter.  That will probably result in some surrendering and some of them trying to flee.  I don't imagine any will choose to stand and fight unless they are cornered so we may have some chasing round the island to do, fighting a series of small skirmishes rather than one substantial battle.
Varis Babicevs
player, 1464 posts
Sgt (Latvia)
Raellus
Mon 29 May 2017
at 20:59
  • msg #135

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Janecek:
Overall though I hope that our plan flushes the bandits and forces them to scatter.  That will probably result in some surrendering and some of them trying to flee.  I don't imagine any will choose to stand and fight unless they are cornered so we may have some chasing round the island to do, fighting a series of small skirmishes rather than one substantial battle.


Even if we only kill/capture half of the bandits, their effectiveness will be much diminished, ideally allowing the local militia to deal with the survivors on their own.

I prefer the BTR being with the sweep team to act as a mobile pillbox.

-
Michael Kessler
player, 864 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Mon 29 May 2017
at 21:01
  • msg #136

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Varis Babicevs:
I prefer the BTR being with the sweep team to act as a mobile pillbox.

I concur.
Janecek
player, 146 posts
Sergent-Chef FFL
Mahatatain
Mon 29 May 2017
at 21:04
  • msg #137

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Michael Kessler:
Varis Babicevs:
That would kick ass.

We could ask the IB if we could borrow it. Worst that happens is they say no. It might also be useful if we're trying to get them to surrender.

Getting the IB to lend us the psyops Humvee is a great idea if we can persuade them.  I'd suggest also asking for them to lend us a crew to man it.

Michael Kessler:
Given the copious amounts of Pact calibre ammo we have in the stores we could probably load several hundred rounds of 5.45B and 7.62S aboard the Krok in case anyone needs to reload in the field.

Would it be good politically with the militia commander to issue his troops some ammo for the operation?

Michael Kessler:
Hadn't planned to. As Spartan said, the supply of ammo for it is pretty limited.

There are 13x 40mmS (local) grenades in the stores.
Janecek
player, 147 posts
Sergent-Chef FFL
Mahatatain
Mon 29 May 2017
at 21:06
  • msg #138

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Michael Kessler:
Varis Babicevs:
I prefer the BTR being with the sweep team to act as a mobile pillbox.

I concur.

Fair enough.  I'm happy either way.
Varis Babicevs
player, 1465 posts
Sgt (Latvia)
Raellus
Mon 29 May 2017
at 21:14
  • msg #139

Re: OOC Thread - 16


Varis could use a few more grenades for his GL.

-
Michael Kessler
player, 865 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Mon 29 May 2017
at 21:27
  • msg #140

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Varis Babicevs:
Varis could use a few more grenades for his GL.

OK, assuming Spartan is OK with loaning Kessler his GL again would it just be Kessler and Babicevs using 40mmS? If so I'm happy to take 4 if you want to take 7 for Varis. If anyone else does need them we can split them 3 ways instead.

Janecek:
Would it be good politically with the militia commander to issue his troops some ammo for the operation?

I think Mark and I did discuss that at one point (although I could be wrong). Given the amounts that we have and the fact that it's in our interests that the militia are well armed it seems like a sound idea to offer them some ammo if they need.

Janecek:
Getting the IB to lend us the psyops Humvee is a great idea if we can persuade them.  I'd suggest also asking for them to lend us a crew to man it.

If there's enough time before H Hour I'm happy to send Kessler back to the IB off camera to ask if we can borrow it.
Janecek
player, 148 posts
Sergent-Chef FFL
Mahatatain
Mon 29 May 2017
at 21:41
  • msg #141

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Michael Kessler (msg # 140):

Jan has a 40mmS GL but he's got plenty of ammo already (8x pre war HE and 3x local HE).
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2085 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Tue 30 May 2017
at 02:01
  • msg #142

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I will take the MG if it is needed.

Day time may be the better option due to the lack of night vision
Lukas Fischer
player, 273 posts
Callsign 'Kriegshammer'
Spartan-117
Tue 30 May 2017
at 05:02
  • msg #143

Re: OOC Thread - 16

How about we just add this GL to the stores.  Comes with a free broken AK-74M.  That way I don't have to keep track of it on my sheet anymore?

Fuze - for stores: AK-74M w/GP-30 & Sling                     4.6 kg   (Broken Gas Tube)
This message was last edited by the player at 05:05, Tue 30 May 2017.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2473 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Tue 30 May 2017
at 17:23
  • msg #144

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Going to band. If no one adds anything in the next 3 hours I'll post up a rough plan using vehicles and planning a search a dawn tomorrow.

About how many militia can we get by then?

I'm hoping around 30.
Fusilier
GM, 5833 posts
Your Guide
Tue 30 May 2017
at 17:39
  • msg #145

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to John Jameson McCarthy (msg # 144):

Minumum of 31 and a maximum of 44, but you won't know exactly until then.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2474 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Tue 30 May 2017
at 20:09
  • msg #146

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Perfect.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2476 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Tue 30 May 2017
at 20:48
  • msg #147

Re: OOC Thread - 16

OK, my outline plan is up.

We'll keep Dave's assignments except Janku will stay with the mortar.

I'm also thinking of paying a quick off-screen visit to the FL before the night turn where JJ will trade a barrel of fuel for two things:

100kg of fish and 10L of fish oil per week for the winter ( I've calculated that 16 weeks of this would be a little less than the value of the fuel so it sweetens the deal with the fort)

We can use the fish to trade or pay workers.

Permission to visit the fort that night and position the NOLDOR on the tower. This looks like the best view of the island. Then the recce patrol can look south and sail down to the settlement and look north and make a note of any potential campfires. If the weather is OK, we might get lucky and see the heat of the smoke even if there is cover. If we don't, we've lost nothing.

If people want to alter the plans or don't want the FL visit, just say and the night turn can survey from the settlement.
Janecek
player, 149 posts
Sergent-Chef FFL
Mahatatain
Tue 30 May 2017
at 22:43
  • msg #148

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to John Jameson McCarthy (msg # 147):

Nicely put to Piszczek.  Do you want to also mention that we can give his troops some ammo to ensure that they have sufficient to back us up?  Presuming that he sends 40 troops we'll need 1,200 rounds to give them 30 each.  We can sort out the detail of that when they arrive at Kaminski's compound though.  I suspect that most of them will be armed with either 5.45mmB or 7.62mmS weapons though.
Fusilier
GM, 5834 posts
Your Guide
Wed 31 May 2017
at 03:09
  • msg #149

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Lukas Fischer:
How about we just add this GL to the stores.  Comes with a free broken AK-74M.  That way I don't have to keep track of it on my sheet anymore?

Fuze - for stores: AK-74M w/GP-30 & Sling                     4.6 kg   (Broken Gas Tube)


Please remove it from your sheet.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2477 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Wed 31 May 2017
at 07:04
  • msg #150

Re: OOC Thread - 16

We can check if he needs ammo when they assemble at the compound. It's a good idea.
Lukas Fischer
player, 274 posts
Callsign 'Kriegshammer'
Spartan-117
Wed 31 May 2017
at 10:05
  • msg #151

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Fusilier (msg # 149):

Done, thanks!
Janecek
player, 151 posts
Sergent-Chef FFL
Mahatatain
Wed 31 May 2017
at 13:10
  • msg #152

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I hope that Google Translate is vaguely accurate.......
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2086 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Wed 31 May 2017
at 19:30
  • msg #153

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Let me know which MG Frank will be carrying and how much ammo for the OP please when someone gets to it.
Michael Kessler
player, 866 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Wed 31 May 2017
at 19:40
  • msg #154

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Francis 'Frank' Benucci:
Let me know which MG Frank will be carrying and how much ammo for the OP please when someone gets to it.

I didn't think we were bringing one.

John Jameson McCarthy:
If we're taking vehicles it's less necessary to have an MMG in the team.

Janecek
player, 152 posts
Sergent-Chef FFL
Mahatatain
Wed 31 May 2017
at 20:15
  • msg #155

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Francis 'Frank' Benucci:
Let me know which MG Frank will be carrying and how much ammo for the OP please when someone gets to it.

A dismounted MG isn't needed any more as we're bringing the vehicles.  I suggest that Frank just brings his AKM with its drum mag.
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2087 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Thu 1 Jun 2017
at 02:48
  • msg #156

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Janecek:
Francis 'Frank' Benucci:
Let me know which MG Frank will be carrying and how much ammo for the OP please when someone gets to it.

A dismounted MG isn't needed any more as we're bringing the vehicles.  I suggest that Frank just brings his AKM with its drum mag.

Sorry for the confusion
Fusilier
GM, 5836 posts
Your Guide
Thu 1 Jun 2017
at 07:03
  • msg #157

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I stopped the turn where I did so that the next day, when the militia show up and you head out to battle, can be a post all on its own.

In the meantime, I need confirmation on a few things...

1) Kaminski's offer to get some food to help feed the LoSA tomorrow morning, as promised by McCarthy. Yay or nay? If yay, please post a list of items to be traded off for ~40 meals worth. Don't bother trying to make it exact, since you don't even know how many militia are going to show up.

2) Fisherman League counteroffer, yay or nay?

3) OP party composition?

4) Humvee advance recce composition?

5) Departure times for the above two units? It's just after 2000hrs at the moment.

6) How is the OP party getting to the fort? It's accessible only by river.

7) Packs will be carried in the vehicles when you deploy? Or left at the compound?


* Also, I deducted 30 rounds of 7.62mmS for hiring the boat to take you out to the fort the first time. I figured nobody would mind.
This message was last edited by the GM at 07:23, Thu 01 June 2017.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2479 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Thu 1 Jun 2017
at 08:10
  • msg #158

Re: OOC Thread - 16

1) Kaminski's offer to get some food to help feed the LoSA tomorrow morning, as promised by McCarthy. Yay or nay? If yay, please post a list of items to be traded off for ~40 meals worth. Don't bother trying to make it exact, since you don't even know how many militia are going to show up.

We don't have an awful lot to trade apart from ammo. What do people think to giving Kamineski 20 bottles of diesel and asking him to trade that for the food and anything we can use for quick trades if we need to go shopping later?
(by my calculations that would give us about $500 of ready cash for later but if we want more we may want to set up a bigger deal at a later date).

 2) Fisherman League counteroffer, yay or nay?

It's a major scalping, effectively low-balling us by nearly 40% when we were being generous to start with. What Long John Silver has given us sweetens the deal a little bit, but it's painful at the moment. The problem is I don't want to get into too much haggling so what if we ask them for the following:
1) They provide transport for the NOLDOR team to the lighthouse and back
2) At some time over the winter, when they're not too busy, they send a Boatwright to have a look at the barge and advise us on what repairs need to be done. If it's not too great a fix but beyond us because of tools, they let us use some of theirs under supervision. Again this would happen at their convenience and if it used up consumables like welding consumables we'd pay for that.

How does that sound to people?

 3) OP party composition?

I'd suggest JJ, Varis, Ferro. JJ has FO experience, Ferro knows the NOLDOR and Varis makes us look pretty for the "pirates".

4) Humvee advance recce composition?

Kessler should probably lead this, who else wants to go?

 5) Departure times for the above two units? It's just after 2000hrs at the moment.

2100hrs, we'll be in position by 2200hrs, finished by midnight and home in time for a period of sleep, hopefully.

6) How is the OP party getting to the fort? It's accessible only by river.

Hopefully by Fisherman taxi if they agree to 2 above. If not, we'll have to remember if the barge still has a painter.

7) Packs will be carried in the vehicles when you deploy? Or left at the compound?

I'd suggest left in the compound, we're only five minutes away by vehicle so the risk of losing them to a hit outweighs the benefit of having them close in my opinion.
Janecek
player, 153 posts
Sergent-Chef FFL
Mahatatain
Thu 1 Jun 2017
at 12:54
  • msg #159

Re: OOC Thread - 16

John Jameson McCarthy:
1) Kaminski's offer to get some food to help feed the LoSA tomorrow morning, as promised by McCarthy. Yay or nay? If yay, please post a list of items to be traded off for ~40 meals worth. Don't bother trying to make it exact, since you don't even know how many militia are going to show up.

We don't have an awful lot to trade apart from ammo. What do people think to giving Kamineski 20 bottles of diesel and asking him to trade that for the food and anything we can use for quick trades if we need to go shopping later?
(by my calculations that would give us about $500 of ready cash for later but if we want more we may want to set up a bigger deal at a later date).

There are a few weapons in the stores that we're not using that might have some trade value.  I'm thinking of the following:

 - Crossbow
 - Crossbow Bolts x11
 - M4A1 Carbine with Reflex Sight
 - G3A4 Rifle
 - Uzi (Folding Stock)
 - 9mmP, 32 rnd mag x5 (I believe that these are for the Uzi

Would it be better to trade some or all of them instead of more diesel?

John Jameson McCarthy:
2) Fisherman League counteroffer, yay or nay?

It's a major scalping, effectively low-balling us by nearly 40% when we were being generous to start with. What Long John Silver has given us sweetens the deal a little bit, but it's painful at the moment. The problem is I don't want to get into too much haggling so what if we ask them for the following:
1) They provide transport for the NOLDOR team to the lighthouse and back
2) At some time over the winter, when they're not too busy, they send a Boatwright to have a look at the barge and advise us on what repairs need to be done. If it's not too great a fix but beyond us because of tools, they let us use some of theirs under supervision. Again this would happen at their convenience and if it used up consumables like welding consumables we'd pay for that.

How does that sound to people?

The initial deal isn't good but we know that food prices are going to get worse over the winter so it's not overly surprising.  I think that it's worth doing with the additional two pieces of help you're suggesting.

John Jameson McCarthy:
4) Humvee advance recce composition?

Kessler should probably lead this, who else wants to go?

Please can one of Jan and Tosh go on this, just to split my characters up.  I'm happy with whichever one you feel would fit best.

John Jameson McCarthy:
7) Packs will be carried in the vehicles when you deploy? Or left at the compound?

I'd suggest left in the compound, we're only five minutes away by vehicle so the risk of losing them to a hit outweighs the benefit of having them close in my opinion.

Both of my characters might have small packs as part of their fighting load but main backpacks should be left back at the compound.
This message was last edited by the player at 12:55, Thu 01 June 2017.
Fusilier
GM, 5837 posts
Your Guide
Thu 1 Jun 2017
at 16:33
  • msg #160

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Andy, I haven't looked over your sheet, but just a reminder that if your PC has a pack/bag/satchel/etc it's going to be factored into things during combat. PCs are already carrying a good amount of weight as it is. Just a reminder...
This message was last edited by the GM at 16:34, Thu 01 June 2017.
Ferro
player, 813 posts
CaporaleMaggior (It)
Jinnysong
Thu 1 Jun 2017
at 17:13
  • msg #161

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to John Jameson McCarthy (msg # 158):

1) I would rather sell excess gear. Like the weapons Andy mentioned or whatever.

2) Yes to do the deal. Price will only go up later.
This message was last edited by the player at 17:14, Thu 01 June 2017.
Michael Kessler
player, 867 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Thu 1 Jun 2017
at 17:51
  • msg #162

Re: OOC Thread - 16

quote:
Kaminski's offer to get some food to help feed the LoSA tomorrow morning, as promised by McCarthy. Yay or nay

I say go with the deal and use surplus weapons as payment. I think it makes sense to offload those in NATO calibres first as getting more ammo for them is likely to be trickier (is Little's L85 still kicking around somewhere?)

quote:
Fisherman League counteroffer, yay or nay?

I'd say yes. We need food more than diesel.

quote:
Humvee advance recce composition?

Ok, so if we have Kessler and Jan that leaves 2 seats I think?

quote:
Packs will be carried in the vehicles when you deploy? Or left at the compound?

I'm fine with left at compound. I did mention upthread loading spare ammo aboard the vehicles in case anyone needs a reload. I'd suggest the BTR and the Humvee each carry at least 250 rounds of 7.62S and 250 rounds of 5.45B.
Janecek
player, 154 posts
Sergent-Chef FFL
Mahatatain
Thu 1 Jun 2017
at 20:08
  • msg #163

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Fusilier (msg # 160):

OK - I'm reviewing what's being taken.

One thing - please can Jan take the 1x WP Grenade that is in the stores.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2480 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Thu 1 Jun 2017
at 21:53
  • msg #164

Re: OOC Thread - 16

No problem, we can give him the guns to sell. I only suggested fuel because usually the group is very reluctant to give up guns. If people are happy to do so we can do that easily.

So we'll give Kamineski:

- Crossbow
  - Crossbow Bolts x11
  - M4A1 Carbine with Reflex Sight
  - G3A4 Rifle
  - Uzi (Folding Stock)
  - 9mmP, 32 rnd mag x5 (I believe that these are for the Uzi

To sell for food and any ready cash goods he can pick up for later.
Per Kolstrup
player, 460 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Thu 1 Jun 2017
at 22:53
  • msg #165

Re: OOC Thread - 16


I don't know if we can remount that reflex sight to a PACT system but I'm a bit reluctant to give away such a neat toy.

Also, please don't give away any of our 7.62mmN.

-
Janecek
player, 155 posts
Sergent-Chef FFL
Mahatatain
Fri 2 Jun 2017
at 08:57
  • msg #166

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Per Kolstrup:
I don't know if we can remount that reflex sight to a PACT system but I'm a bit reluctant to give away such a neat toy.

Can it be mounted on an M16?  I think that JJM is still using one.

Per Kolstrup:
Also, please don't give away any of our 7.62mmN.

Just to be clear that's never been suggested.  Or giving away 5.56mmN ammo.  We're just talking about 5.45mmB and 7.62mmS ammo.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2481 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Fri 2 Jun 2017
at 12:08
  • msg #167

Re: OOC Thread - 16

OK, so far only Jan has volunteered for the Humvee OP, Kessler got given the job but seemed OK with it.

Nobody else has expressed a preference so I'm going to suggest Walsh, Bennuci and Per go unless anyone else chips in soon.

I'll take the M4 off the list for now.
Chris Walsh
player, 99 posts
Callsign Hades
Fri 2 Jun 2017
at 12:42
  • msg #168

Re: OOC Thread - 16

John Jameson McCarthy:
Nobody else has expressed a preference so I'm going to suggest Walsh, Bennuci and Per go unless anyone else chips in soon.

That's fine by me.
Varis Babicevs
player, 1466 posts
Sgt (Latvia)
Raellus
Fri 2 Jun 2017
at 14:11
  • msg #169

Re: OOC Thread - 16


Per is well suited to recon. In combat, he's an effective DM/counter-sniper.

Varis is well suited to...

... well, he's rather aggressive during combat.

-
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2482 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Fri 2 Jun 2017
at 15:28
  • msg #170

Re: OOC Thread - 16

That's why Per's on the bit of the mission that requires stealth and Varis is coming on a boat ride to the lighthouse. He's there to make more friends in low places whilst Ferro gets to do the real work and JJ acts as secretary for her.
Varis Babicevs
player, 1467 posts
Sgt (Latvia)
Raellus
Fri 2 Jun 2017
at 15:30
  • msg #171

Re: OOC Thread - 16

John Jameson McCarthy:
That's why Per's on the bit of the mission that requires stealth and Varis is coming on a boat ride to the lighthouse. He's there to make more friends in low places whilst Ferro gets to do the real work and JJ acts as secretary for her.


Thanks. I wasn't sure where either one was.

-
Janecek
player, 156 posts
Sergent-Chef FFL
Mahatatain
Fri 2 Jun 2017
at 16:11
  • msg #172

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Fuse - what's the weather like in game at present?  Do our characters need to be wearing thermal fatigues?

Ta,

Andy.
Fusilier
GM, 5838 posts
Your Guide
Fri 2 Jun 2017
at 16:36
  • msg #173

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Yes, it's rather cold.
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2088 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Fri 2 Jun 2017
at 21:48
  • msg #174

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Chris Walsh:
John Jameson McCarthy:
Nobody else has expressed a preference so I'm going to suggest Walsh, Bennuci and Per go unless anyone else chips in soon.

That's fine by me.

Frank is decent at reconnaissance but, you put him where you need him.
Janecek
player, 158 posts
Sergent-Chef FFL
Mahatatain
Sun 4 Jun 2017
at 22:06
  • msg #175

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Fuse,

We probably won't need them but Jan will also take the following from the stores:

40mmS ILLUM x2

Ta,

Andy.
Fusilier
GM, 5839 posts
Your Guide
Mon 5 Jun 2017
at 01:59
  • msg #176

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Janecek (msg # 175):

Done.




Currently out of town for the weekend, but I'll be back tomorrow and have the next turn up with the group deploying into the field.
Fusilier
GM, 5842 posts
Your Guide
Tue 6 Jun 2017
at 17:53
  • msg #177

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I squeezed in basically two turns, but the first will be skipped as far as gaming is concerned. The plan was just to observe and you got something out of the patrols.

It's currently morning. I'll give you a turn to make final preparations and any adjustments to the plan before deploying the group.


Fusilier
GM, 5843 posts
Your Guide
Tue 6 Jun 2017
at 23:57
  • msg #178

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Added to the last turn.
This message was last edited by the GM at 23:57, Tue 06 June 2017.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2484 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Wed 7 Jun 2017
at 16:13
  • msg #179

Re: OOC Thread - 16

A couple of questions before I post a turn up:

1) It looks like the bandits may be in the industrial area west of the rail line. Is that how others read the post?
2) Should I suggest we set up along the rail line rather than the original disposition?
3) I would like to offer the militia some ammo. Is that OK with everyone?

Some feedback would be good before I post IC.
Ferro
player, 815 posts
CaporaleMaggior (It)
Jinnysong
Wed 7 Jun 2017
at 17:04
  • msg #180

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Yeah they are probably more south than our original start line. So shifting things down might be better.

Good on the ammo.
Michael Kessler
player, 868 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Wed 7 Jun 2017
at 19:06
  • msg #181

Re: OOC Thread - 16

John Jameson McCarthy:
A couple of questions before I post a turn up:

1) It looks like the bandits may be in the industrial area west of the rail line. Is that how others read the post?
2) Should I suggest we set up along the rail line rather than the original disposition?
3) I would like to offer the militia some ammo. Is that OK with everyone?

Some feedback would be good before I post IC.

Agreed on all three points.
Fusilier
GM, 5844 posts
Your Guide
Wed 7 Jun 2017
at 20:09
  • msg #182

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Is there a modification to the mad dogs bread down? I think the last placements are on the basis of no vehicles?
Michael Kessler
player, 869 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Wed 7 Jun 2017
at 20:21
  • msg #183

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Fusilier (msg # 182):

Mark can confirm, but I believe we were going with this if we were using the vehicles.

Humvee
McCarthy - VC / Overall operation commander
Ferro - Driver
Babicevs - Gunner
Riedel - Medic

BTR
Kessler - VC
Andropov - Driver
Fischer - Gunner

Dismount Squad (ride in / on BTR)
Kolstrup - Squad Leader
O'Brien
Lines
Benucci
Price
Walsh
Czerny

RTO / Forest City liaison
Aleksandr

Mortar
Janku
Anna
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2486 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Wed 7 Jun 2017
at 20:24
  • msg #184

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Those are Dave's original suggestions and I like them. I would like to go with this.
Fusilier
GM, 5846 posts
Your Guide
Thu 8 Jun 2017
at 06:07
  • msg #186

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Putting this up ahead of the turn.

The double green border represents the Merchant Union's controlled territory at the distillery and auxiliary shipyard.

The 89 Highway doesn't exist in this game, but the smaller road parallel to it does. It's raised slightly.

The ground is mostly flat and open, but thoroughly dotted with low scrub.

To get a perspective of ranges, Kessler's sweep unit is about 500m from the Krokodil.


Per Kolstrup
player, 461 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Fri 9 Jun 2017
at 02:13
  • msg #187

Re: OOC Thread - 16


I'll post IC tomorrow morning.

-
Janecek
player, 159 posts
Sergent-Chef FFL
Mahatatain
Fri 9 Jun 2017
at 10:18
  • msg #188

Re: OOC Thread - 16

John Jameson McCarthy:
3) I would like to offer the militia some ammo. Is that OK with everyone?

I think that we should give them some ammo.

Fuse - when you've listed rifles and civilian weapons are they a mixture of 5.45mmB and 7.62mmS calibres?  If so in what proportions?

My suggestion is that we give them 1,000 rounds of ammo with the same split between 5.45mmB and 7.62mmS as they have weapons.  From the sounds of the militia they have empty mags that need filling and I think that it would be good to pass some along.

Ta,

Andy.
Janecek
player, 160 posts
Sergent-Chef FFL
Mahatatain
Fri 9 Jun 2017
at 10:33
  • msg #189

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Fuse - before we leave the compound please can we also lend some additional equipment to Dawid.  Specifically:

 - Lifchek Webbing (Sov)
 - Helmet, Steel (USSR)

Also, how many full mags and empty mags does he have for his Tantal?  Please can we give him additional mags and ammo to give him 7 total so that he's fully equipped in case he gets into a firefight.

Is that ok?

Ta,

Andy.
Per Kolstrup
player, 462 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Fri 9 Jun 2017
at 15:29
  • msg #190

Re: OOC Thread - 16


When y'all get a chance, will the players of the following PCs let me know what primary weapon they carry?

Kolstrup - Squad Leader
O'Brien
Lines
Benucci
Price
Walsh
Czerny

Thanks.

-
Chris Walsh
player, 100 posts
Callsign Hades
Fri 9 Jun 2017
at 17:52
  • msg #191

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Per Kolstrup (msg # 190):

AKM for Walsh.
Charles 'Charlie' Price
player, 63 posts
Callsign 'Dominion'
Spartan-117
Fri 9 Jun 2017
at 18:01
  • msg #192

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Per Kolstrup (msg # 190):

M16A2/PM-84
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2090 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Fri 9 Jun 2017
at 19:21
  • msg #193

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Per Kolstrup:
When y'all get a chance, will the players of the following PCs let me know what primary weapon they carry?

Kolstrup - Squad Leader
O'Brien
Lines
Benucci
Price
Walsh
Czerny

Thanks.

-

AKM w. [75] round drum & Para-Ordnance P-14.  Not bringing the MP5SD
This message was last edited by the player at 19:23, Fri 09 June 2017.
Billy 'Crack' O'Brien
player, 983 posts
Cpl (UK) Airborne
Cymon
Fri 9 Jun 2017
at 20:17
  • msg #194

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Per Kolstrup (msg # 190):

RPD with two 100 round belts.
Fusilier
GM, 5848 posts
Your Guide
Fri 9 Jun 2017
at 23:23
  • msg #195

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I'd like to have a route plan for the next 300m advance.

You are the 8 blue dots.

Note, the map is reversed, with South being at the top of the map, which means the Krok is over on the left past the railroad network.

For scale, you are about 250m short of the 3 areas I described in the narrative, which are Left Forward, Center, and Right Forward.

There's nothing that appears suspicious, but I think some player input would be good to help give the feeling of a search.


Fusilier
GM, 5850 posts
Your Guide
Fri 9 Jun 2017
at 23:28
  • msg #196

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Janecek (msg # 188):

They are all sorts. I can't give a accurate proportion as you only observed from the sidelines. "Civilian" meant shotguns, hunting rifles, and pistols. I already dished out enough ammo to give each man about 30 rounds more than they had (except shotguns).

Dawid takes the helmet, but he doesn't need the webbing. Four mags + one more b/c of Mad Dogs. I'll give him another two.
Per Kolstrup
player, 464 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Fri 9 Jun 2017
at 23:36
  • msg #197

Re: OOC Thread - 16


Hey guys, having never been in the military myself, I'm not sure what the best formation is to patrol through the wooded area. Should we stay in line abreast or is another formation better suited to wooded terrain?

If/when we make it through the wooded area, I'd like to stop, take a breather, and then observe the industrial complex. Assuming we don't see anything from afar, we'll need to sweep through the industrial complex. My thinking for that phase is to put the RPD on the road to act as a pivot and provide overwatch before the rest of the patrol moves to and clears the area. The RPD can also protect the patrol's flank.

Thoughts?

-
Fusilier
GM, 5851 posts
Your Guide
Fri 9 Jun 2017
at 23:44
  • msg #198

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Also, I forgot to mention, the Krok will have no LOS to the coal loading area or the 2x buildings next to it (from the road that it's currently on).
Billy 'Crack' O'Brien
player, 985 posts
Cpl (UK) Airborne
Cymon
Sat 10 Jun 2017
at 02:46
  • msg #199

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Per Kolstrup (msg # 197):

I have a feeling the line formation is probably the best for the current situation, especially because it gives a us a wide footprint in regards to the search.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2489 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Sat 10 Jun 2017
at 07:21
  • msg #200

Re: OOC Thread - 16

If the Krok needs to move to help cover the team then there's no need to ask JJ about that, it's part of what it is supposed to do.
Per Kolstrup
player, 466 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Sun 11 Jun 2017
at 19:37
  • msg #201

Re: OOC Thread - 16


Has Per's team made it through the wooded area yet? If so, I'll come up with a plan to get into the industrial area.

-
Fusilier
GM, 5854 posts
Your Guide
Sun 11 Jun 2017
at 19:50
  • msg #202

Re: OOC Thread - 16

No, still in it at this point.
Janecek
player, 161 posts
Sergent-Chef FFL
Mahatatain
Mon 12 Jun 2017
at 08:13
  • msg #203

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Sorry - been away for a long weekend and didn't realise I was going to have no internet at all.  Apologies - am catching up today/tomorrow.
Per Kolstrup
player, 468 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Thu 15 Jun 2017
at 21:11
  • msg #204

Re: OOC Thread - 16


I'm thinking that maybe Per's squad shouldn't waste time and potential contamination by sweeping the industrial facility. I'm thinking we should skirt it to the west and sweep the coal yard and distillery first, then push through the scattered industrial sites into the rail yard. The downsides to this plan is it leaves a patch unswept/unsecured on our flank and it'll take quite a while, giving the bad guys time to slink away or dig in deeper.

OR, do we have Per's squad clear and set up in the industrial facility to establish an overwatch position and then swap roles with platoons A & B. In other words, Per's squad becomes the anvil and the other two squads, supported by the firepower of the Humvee and the Krok become the hammer.

I'm just thinking out loud here. I'd love to hear what others suggest.

-
Fusilier
GM, 5856 posts
Your Guide
Thu 15 Jun 2017
at 21:16
  • msg #205

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Reminder, this map is oriented so south, your direction of travel, is at the top. So it's opposite of the larger scale map in msg #186.


This message was last edited by the GM at 21:20, Thu 15 June 2017.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2491 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Thu 15 Jun 2017
at 21:42
  • msg #206

Re: OOC Thread - 16

As the dismounts get into position what if we fire a burst from the Humvee and drop a mortar bomb as close as we can? Once we do that, JJ can use the bull-horn to call for surrender and see if it works.

What do people think?
Fusilier
GM, 5857 posts
Your Guide
Thu 15 Jun 2017
at 22:52
  • msg #207

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I missed this earlier and want confirmation, did O'Brien cross the road running parallel to the squad (on the right)?
This message was last edited by the GM at 22:53, Thu 15 June 2017.
Billy 'Crack' O'Brien
player, 987 posts
Cpl (UK) Airborne
Cymon
Thu 15 Jun 2017
at 23:08
  • msg #208

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Fusilier (msg # 207):

Yes he was going to use the drainage ditch on the opposite side as cover. Thanks.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2492 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Fri 16 Jun 2017
at 07:44
  • msg #209

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Per Kolstrup (msg # 204):

I'd advise pressing the enemy. We may be able to startle them into surrendering if they are pushed. Otherwise they may hide, dissipate or attack the militias and losing militia men will be a blow in our hearts and minds campaign.
Per Kolstrup
player, 469 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Fri 16 Jun 2017
at 16:21
  • msg #210

Re: OOC Thread - 16

John Jameson McCarthy:
In reply to Per Kolstrup (msg # 204):

I'd advise pressing the enemy. We may be able to startle them into surrendering if they are pushed. Otherwise they may hide, dissipate or attack the militias and losing militia men will be a blow in our hearts and minds campaign.


Shall we press them through the industrial facility or bypass it?

-
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2493 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Fri 16 Jun 2017
at 17:24
  • msg #211

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Bypass it, the bandits are in the loco factory by the look of it. Get over the rail lines as quickly as possible as we're in danger of losing contact.
Per Kolstrup
player, 470 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Fri 16 Jun 2017
at 17:47
  • msg #212

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to John Jameson McCarthy (msg # 211):

OK. Would you mind writing a quick IC post with orders to that effect?

-
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2494 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Fri 16 Jun 2017
at 18:43
  • msg #213

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Yes, it looks like everyone except Ferro has had a chance to see my question. Since there are no objections, I'll carry on through.
Fusilier
GM, 5859 posts
Your Guide
Fri 16 Jun 2017
at 20:30
  • msg #214

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Right now O'Brien is on the right side of the road and everyone else is on the left.

I'd like confirmation on which side of the road you will use to move further. Are you going to use both sides? Or just one (left or right) for all?


This message was last edited by the GM at 20:31, Fri 16 June 2017.
Per Kolstrup
player, 473 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Fri 16 Jun 2017
at 20:51
  • msg #215

Re: OOC Thread - 16


I'm going to gamble and say right. We know for a fact that there were enemy in the factory (maybe still are). We haven't seen any enemy in the coal loading area. If there are enemy on the right, in the coal loading area, their running comrades just left a massive gap in their lines. For that reason, I'm guessing that there aren't enemy in the coal loading area. I hope I'm right and I'll take full responsibility if I'm not.

-
Fusilier
GM, 5861 posts
Your Guide
Sat 17 Jun 2017
at 01:08
  • msg #216

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Unless I misread things, Kolstrup's group was to pause at the train tracks. If that wasn't correct please let me know.





Per Kolstrup
player, 474 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Sat 17 Jun 2017
at 14:38
  • msg #217

Re: OOC Thread - 16


So, I'm thinking we pause briefly to catch our breaths. During that minute or so, we study the terrain ahead and to our flanks. If it looks clear, we use bounding over watch to get to the tower. If the structure looks safe, Per will climb up and take a look around.

If we need to continue the advance on the locomotive repair facility, we put O'Brien in the tower to cover us with his RPD, then bound towards the next objective.

Thoughts?

-
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2497 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Sat 17 Jun 2017
at 16:34
  • msg #218

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I'll get the Krok to come and cover you.
Michael Kessler
player, 877 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sat 17 Jun 2017
at 16:54
  • msg #219

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Sorry, I'm not following where you want the Krok to move to. Do you mean NE of the building labelled 'Industrial Complex'? If so won't that put us more or less where the Humvee is now and take us further away from the foot patrol and the distillery? (Remember the map upthread is upside down).

Is that where you want us or do you mean north west, i.e. to the left of the icon marking the mortar strike?

Or do you mean NE of a different building?
This message was last edited by the player at 16:54, Sat 17 June 2017.
Per Kolstrup
player, 475 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Sat 17 Jun 2017
at 17:12
  • msg #220

Re: OOC Thread - 16


Guys, remember that the map is flipped. The top of the image is south.

-
Michael Kessler
player, 878 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sat 17 Jun 2017
at 17:12
  • msg #221

Re: OOC Thread - 16

OK, following quick PM's I've placed the Krok on the NW side of the Industrial Complex, which puts it closer to Kolstrup's squad.
Michael Kessler
player, 879 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sat 17 Jun 2017
at 17:13
  • msg #222

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Per Kolstrup:
Guys, remember that the map is flipped. The top of the image is south.

-

Yep

Michael Kessler:
(Remember the map upthread is upside down).

Chris Walsh
player, 103 posts
Callsign Hades
Sat 17 Jun 2017
at 18:45
  • msg #223

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Per Kolstrup:
When the two flankers arrived, Per outlined his preliminary plan. "Alright. Janecek, you take point on this one. On my signal, I want you to rush to that tower and clear it. Watch out for booby traps." He paused, to make sure the man's English was keeping up. "Price, you're second- watch Janecek's back. I'll go third, set up a base of fire to cover the others. O'Brien and Benucci, you're on overwatch again. Catch your breath. When I'm position and the tower's cleared, I'll signal you to move up and join us. Questions?"

OOC: I feel like I'm missing someone.

You're missing two - Walsh and Lines.
Per Kolstrup
player, 477 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Sat 17 Jun 2017
at 18:49
  • msg #224

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Chris Walsh:
You're missing two - Walsh and Lines.


Take another look.

-
This message was last edited by the player at 18:51, Sat 17 June 2017.
Chris Walsh
player, 104 posts
Callsign Hades
Sat 17 Jun 2017
at 18:53
  • msg #225

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Per Kolstrup:
When the two flankers arrived, Per outlined his preliminary plan. "Alright. Lines, you take point on this one. On my signal, I want you and Walsh to rush to that tower and clear it. Watch out for booby traps. Price, Cerny, and Janecek you're next. Set up at the base of the tower. Cerny, you cover left, Janecek, you cover right. Price, focus on the railyard. I'll join you shorty and set up in the tower to take a look ahead. O'Brien and Benucci, you're on overwatch again. Catch your breath. When I'm position, I'll signal you to move up and join us. Questions?"

Just to clarify, when you say tower, do you mean the chimney?

Fusilier:
Center - a rotting complex of more than half a dozen old industrial buildings. It might have been unused even before the war, with a few of the smaller structures in an advanced state of decay. It doesn't look to have been bombed, but there is some noticeable fire damage on the exterior of the larger multistory buildings. The lower levels are concealed due to the patch of foliage in between the Mad Dogs and the facility. A brick chimney rises high above the property and there is a ladder attached, but there's no one up there.

Chris Walsh
player, 105 posts
Callsign Hades
Sat 17 Jun 2017
at 18:54
  • msg #226

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Per Kolstrup:
Chris Walsh:
You're missing two - Walsh and Lines.


Take another look.

-

Yeah, I saw you edited them in.
Per Kolstrup
player, 478 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Sat 17 Jun 2017
at 19:21
  • msg #227

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Chris Walsh:
Just to clarify, when you say tower, do you mean the chimney?


No, the RR building. It's only 50m away but I want to take a look from upstairs before we advance any further. Plus, pausing there will give the Krok a chance to get into position.

-
Chris Walsh
player, 106 posts
Callsign Hades
Sat 17 Jun 2017
at 19:27
  • msg #228

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Cool, thanks for clarifying.
Fusilier
GM, 5862 posts
Your Guide
Sat 17 Jun 2017
at 22:38
  • msg #229

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Sorry if reversing the map has caused confusion. The reason I did it was because the 3D view works best when viewed looking from the perspective of the dismounts to the top of the screen (regardless of what compass direction it is). If you were travelling west instead for example, I'd still have to tilt the map to the side for best results.

Anyways, for anyone interested in the bigger picture, these are current locations and planned positions. The route specifics are just my guesses.


This message was last edited by the GM at 22:38, Sat 17 June 2017.
Fusilier
GM, 5863 posts
Your Guide
Sat 17 Jun 2017
at 22:40
  • msg #230

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Damn, and I think I put the reinforced mortar group too far east. They should be south of the Loco plant.
Ferro
player, 821 posts
CaporaleMaggior (It)
Jinnysong
Sat 17 Jun 2017
at 23:40
  • msg #231

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Ferro is suggesting the Humvee goes to that distinctly blue roofed building... or thereabouts since Ferro doesn't have Google maps.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2498 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Sun 18 Jun 2017
at 08:35
  • msg #232

Re: OOC Thread - 16

The initial mortar group is split:

The mortar is in our compound with the team.

The blocking group is the allied militia and they're on the bridge. Any reinforcements will join them on the bridge.

We can move the Humvee to the blue-roofed building but it leaves u isolated until the militia arrives and we can't support the Krok and our men from there. If people would rather us there though I'll post it up.
Michael Kessler
player, 882 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sun 18 Jun 2017
at 09:00
  • msg #233

Re: OOC Thread - 16

What about putting the Humvee at the tip of the second LOSA A Pltn arrow so just NE (on the reversed image) of the blue roofed building? That way it's LOS isn't blocked by loco sheds (clearly that works both ways, and they can also see you)
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2499 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Sun 18 Jun 2017
at 10:07
  • msg #234

Re: OOC Thread - 16

That would solve the isolation problem. Let's do that.
Fusilier
GM, 5867 posts
Your Guide
Tue 20 Jun 2017
at 06:08
  • msg #235

Re: OOC Thread - 16

1) Example of the wall enclosing the Loco Works on the southern perimeter. Anything west of Siennicka is behind this. Up where you are located there is this closed off access point. A larger more proper entrance is probably further southwest, down by the "blue roof building", but you haven't got that far yet. I wasn't sure if the existence of the wall will make you reconsider the plan.



2) View of the Loco Works from the perspective of the railway building. Note the fence in the foreground. You cannot climb that. However, many sections are missing, mostly over where the Krokodil is located. Also note the castle tower-like structure in the background, located in the middle of the Loco Works property. The fence ends and the wall begins just to the right of the frame, where the terrain gets into the brush (where Kolstrup's squad was heading next).



3) Layout of the railroad building. Note the gunfire can't penetrate the outer or inner walls, but may pass through the windows.


This message was last edited by the GM at 06:10, Tue 20 June 2017.
Janecek
player, 165 posts
Sergent-Chef FFL
Mahatatain
Tue 20 Jun 2017
at 13:44
  • msg #236

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Fusilier:

Fuse,

Just for interest, which building are the dismounts either in or next to now on this map?  I'm guessing that it's the one SE of the most left hand arrow.  Is that correct?

Also, from the other maps it sounds like we're taking fire from the distillery but is that right?  Or can't you say yet?

Ta,

Andy.
Fusilier
GM, 5868 posts
Your Guide
Tue 20 Jun 2017
at 15:32
  • msg #237

Re: OOC Thread - 16

A quarter way from the start of the first arrow.
Janecek
player, 166 posts
Sergent-Chef FFL
Mahatatain
Tue 20 Jun 2017
at 15:36
  • msg #238

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Fusilier (msg # 237):

Thanks.
Per Kolstrup
player, 479 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Tue 20 Jun 2017
at 16:40
  • msg #239

Re: OOC Thread - 16


Is the distillery/shipyard supposed to be friendly-held? When planning our moves and such, I was operating on the assumption (shame on me) that the green dots marking the boundaries of the distillery/shipyard meant that they were held by an allied militia or something. The reason I ask now, is that our reaction will be based on whether we're under friendly or bandit fire.

-
Fusilier
GM, 5870 posts
Your Guide
Tue 20 Jun 2017
at 16:54
  • msg #240

Re: OOC Thread - 16

It depends on how you look at it.

The distillery/shipyard/green perimeter is occupied by someone affiliated with the merchant cartels. It's MU territory. Whether that means friendly or not depends on a few things.

During the taxi-boat ride over to the Westerplatte (McCarthy's NODLR team the night before), the boat driver said there's usually a "caretaker" force at the distillery. Though sometimes workers and techs go over to do repairs, so the the number of occupants goes up and down.
Per Kolstrup
player, 481 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Tue 20 Jun 2017
at 18:05
  • msg #241

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Fusilier (msg # 240):

Does McCarthy have radio contact with the MU? I mean, if we have to shoot back to get them to stop firing, then that's what we've got to do. But, if there was some other way we could get them to stop firing, without making another enemy, then that would be better, no?

-
Fusilier
GM, 5871 posts
Your Guide
Tue 20 Jun 2017
at 18:11
  • msg #242

Re: OOC Thread - 16

No, there are no common channels.
Janecek
player, 167 posts
Sergent-Chef FFL
Mahatatain
Tue 20 Jun 2017
at 18:30
  • msg #243

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Has Jan been assigned a call sign?

I don't think so but I thought that I should check.

Ta,

Andy
Michael Kessler
player, 884 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Tue 20 Jun 2017
at 18:33
  • msg #244

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I've phrased Kessler's request for mortar fire so that McCarthy can overrule it (and order the Krok to stand down completely) if he wishes. I know if we go through with it then it will probably escalate things with the MU but I'm not sure we can complete the mission without mixing it with the them. It strikes me that in a best case scenario the MU and the bandits are cooperating with each other and in a worst case scenario the MU guard force are the bandits.
Michael Kessler
player, 885 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Tue 20 Jun 2017
at 18:34
  • msg #245

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Janecek:
Has Jan been assigned a call sign?

I don't think so but I thought that I should check.

Ta,

Andy

He hasn't been given one as far as I know.

Napoleon?
Janecek
player, 168 posts
Sergent-Chef FFL
Mahatatain
Tue 20 Jun 2017
at 18:35
  • msg #246

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Michael Kessler (msg # 245):

Lol.

No!
Michael Kessler
player, 886 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Tue 20 Jun 2017
at 18:43
  • msg #247

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Janecek (msg # 246):

Kermit?
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2096 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Tue 20 Jun 2017
at 18:51
  • msg #248

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Frank and Billy have no targets where they're at currently?
Per Kolstrup
player, 482 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Tue 20 Jun 2017
at 19:02
  • msg #249

Re: OOC Thread - 16


Or the MU think the patrol is the bandits? Our attempts at deconfliction may have failed pretty badly.

-
Michael Kessler
player, 887 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Tue 20 Jun 2017
at 19:08
  • msg #250

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Per Kolstrup (msg # 249):

That is also quite possibile. My train of thought (and, by extension, Kessler's) has been that the MU might have 'created' the bandit problem in the first place so that the Forest City people would accept their offer of protection, thus giving them (the Merchants) more power / influence.  But of course, I could be totally wrong!
Janecek
player, 169 posts
Sergent-Chef FFL
Mahatatain
Tue 20 Jun 2017
at 21:43
  • msg #251

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Michael Kessler (msg # 250):

I think that you're right.

It could also be that the MU guards are moonlighting as bandits without their leadership's knowledge.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2501 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Wed 21 Jun 2017
at 07:46
  • msg #252

Re: OOC Thread - 16

What sort of range does the bullhorn have?
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2502 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Wed 21 Jun 2017
at 07:54
  • msg #253

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I'd suggest we do the following:

1) Do not engage the distillery yet
2) Kessler can contact Waterloo and get us a radio link to the MU
3) The Humvee moves to a position where the bullhorn can be heard from the distillery
4) Kessler contacts the MU and explains what is happening, we're part of a militia-led anti-bandit operation and are being fired on mistakenly. He'll explain that the suspected bandits have gone to ground and need to be apprehended for questioning. He'll request the defenders stand down. If the MU claim the suspected bandits as part of their defenses we'll let them return to the distillery under armed escort and a joint investigation will be undertaken into the nature of the bandit threat.
5) Once JJ is in bullhorn range he'll say similar to the defenders and tell them to expect confirmation from their commanders. Until then he'll ask them to stop firing in return for our people holding position. If they claim the "bandits" as a patrol, they can stay in place until things are sorted out too. If the bandits/patrol try to move during the truce they will be fired upon. Any continuation of hostilities before the sitation is sorted out will be met with force.

How does that sound?
Fusilier
GM, 5872 posts
Your Guide
Wed 21 Jun 2017
at 08:09
  • msg #254

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to John Jameson McCarthy (msg # 252):

About 500-750m, depending on wind, obstructions, and other factors.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2503 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Wed 21 Jun 2017
at 10:21
  • msg #255

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Thanks.
Janecek
player, 171 posts
Sergent-Chef FFL
Mahatatain
Wed 21 Jun 2017
at 11:22
  • msg #256

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to John Jameson McCarthy (msg # 253):

This makes sense but it's going to take some time to resolve.
Michael Kessler
player, 888 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Wed 21 Jun 2017
at 12:17
  • msg #257

Re: OOC Thread - 16

A couple of things…

1. They’re shooting at us right now. Unless they stop of their own accord our people are going to be under fire – and potentially taking casualties - for as long as it takes for comms to be established, which I agree could take quite a while. If they’re established at all.

2. If we do manage to arrange a ceasefire we’re then totally reliant on the MU’s cooperation. If they say that there are no bandits here then tell us to foxtrot oscar we either have to reinitiate hostilities or back down. If we back down it’s not going to do much for our credibility with our new allies and the Forest City community (or, potentially, the IB). If we reinitiate hostilities then we haven’t really achieved anything expect give both sides a chance to regroup.

If people want to cease fire then obviously we can do that but the possibility of this op potentially bringing us into conflict with the MU was discussed in OOC when we weighed up the pros and cons of the two missions on the table. Personally I’m quite happy to return fire.
This message was last edited by the player at 12:18, Wed 21 June 2017.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2504 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Wed 21 Jun 2017
at 13:06
  • msg #258

Re: OOC Thread - 16

All those are valid points, I'd just advise caution for us to at least go through the motions of checking if the people we are chasing are legitimate before we go to war with the MU.

I'm not sure if the distillery is working or not but we're talking about hitting it with mortars and heavy machine guns. If it is providing fuel for the city, we could be getting ourselves into a heap of trouble.

If that's what people want to do though, I'll get JJ to issue orders to reflect people's wishes.
Lukas Fischer
player, 279 posts
Callsign 'Kriegshammer'
Spartan-117
Wed 21 Jun 2017
at 15:35
  • msg #259

Re: OOC Thread - 16

We could raise a white flag to signal our intent to negotiate and establish communication.  That might quickly address the incoming fire issue.
Per Kolstrup
player, 483 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Wed 21 Jun 2017
at 16:55
  • msg #260

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Lukas Fischer (msg # 259):

I agree. Let's give that a try.

-
Janecek
player, 173 posts
Sergent-Chef FFL
Mahatatain
Thu 22 Jun 2017
at 11:40
  • msg #261

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Spartan - am I correct that Charlie doesn't have a radio?  Jan has just passed on some info on the presumption that he doesn't.

Ta,

Andy.
Charles 'Charlie' Price
player, 67 posts
Callsign 'Dominion'
Spartan-117
Thu 22 Jun 2017
at 14:06
  • msg #262

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Janecek (msg # 261):
Charlie has this:
AN/PRC-139 w/Headset [#X14]                1.4 kg
Janecek
player, 174 posts
Sergent-Chef FFL
Mahatatain
Thu 22 Jun 2017
at 14:51
  • msg #263

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Charles 'Charlie' Price (msg # 262):

Ta.

I'll just delete my last post then.

Apologies.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2506 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Fri 23 Jun 2017
at 07:05
  • msg #264

Re: OOC Thread - 16

OK, so trying to keep up operational tempo.

What about:

The Hummer and Krok will be close together at the end of this turn.

JJ uses the bullhorn to inform the distillery that we are chasing bandits in the loco works. If the bandits are actually a patrol from the distillery then that will be the opportunity to declare it.

If they don't we tell them the patrol is moving south to engage. The two vehicles will remain in position and if the distillery fires when they get in the open the two HMGs will open up in return.

If the crossing goes OK we push hard into the Loco works. We find ways past the wall for the vehicles and use them for close support.

Once we're assaulting we as the militia to attack from the south. It doesn't need to be a full on assault, just a show of force to put pressure on the bandits.

What do people think?
Michael Kessler
player, 890 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Fri 23 Jun 2017
at 07:24
  • msg #265

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I think we should drop the idea of establishing radio comms via the IB and drop the idea of trying to get into a negotiation with the MU - as I already said that gives them the opportunity to tell us to get lost.

Just tell them we are chasing bandits and if they (the MU) stand down there won't be any trouble.
This message was last edited by the player at 07:25, Fri 23 June 2017.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2507 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Fri 23 Jun 2017
at 08:31
  • msg #266

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Yes. I'm pretty much coming to that conclusion too.
Fusilier
GM, 5875 posts
Your Guide
Fri 23 Jun 2017
at 22:41
  • msg #267

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Per Kolstrup:
"Can you see the machinegun in the distillery from your position? Over."


I can answer that, no, as there is too much vegetation surrounding them.

They would have to move from the east side of the copse of trees to the west side, which is about 30m. Or move up (south) to where the dismounts were at the edge of the trees before they darted across the open to the building, 40m away.



Per Kolstrup
player, 487 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Fri 23 Jun 2017
at 23:12
  • msg #268

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Fusilier:
Per Kolstrup:
"Can you see the machinegun in the distillery from your position? Over."


I can answer that, no, as there is too much vegetation surrounding them.


I knew this but Per didn't. That post was a heartfelt attempt to avoid metagaming whilst responding to a direct IC question.

-
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2098 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Sat 24 Jun 2017
at 17:14
  • msg #269

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Will use his binos to answer Per's request to Frank/Billy if we see anything and reply...
Per Kolstrup
player, 488 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Sun 25 Jun 2017
at 04:14
  • msg #270

Re: OOC Thread - 16


Monday morning, the fam and I are headed to Flagstaff for a few days of outdoorsy, unplugged family fun. That's the plan, at least. I'll probably be able to check in on my phone, but I won't have access to a proper keyboard so I won't be posting anything substantial. I'll be back on Friday, so I'll do my best to catch up that weekend.

Please look after Varis and Per for me. Thanks.

-
Ferro
player, 823 posts
CaporaleMaggior (It)
Jinnysong
Tue 27 Jun 2017
at 06:33
  • msg #271

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Why dont we just mount up the dismounts and move them by vehicle?
Michael Kessler
player, 893 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Tue 27 Jun 2017
at 11:44
  • msg #272

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Ferro (msg # 271):

The plan was to use the vehicles to cover the advance (and the dismounts are still a bit away from the Krok so would have to cover that ground anyway unless the Krok went to them).

If they did link up the Krok could advance at walking pace, keeping its guns on the distillery while the dismounts keep to the left, so keeping the Krok between them and the distillery. Of course, if the MU guys in the distillery do have an RPG we could be in trouble.

Either way, if both the Humvee and the Krok are covering the dismounts as they move forward we probably don’t need Benucci and O’Brien to also provide cover - the quicker we can get the entire dismount squad into the loco yards the better our chances of catching the bandits before they can get away.
This message was last edited by the player at 11:44, Tue 27 June 2017.
Chris Walsh
player, 111 posts
Callsign Hades
Tue 27 Jun 2017
at 11:47
  • msg #273

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Fuse, Chris and Tosh both posted that they were returning fire – do you have a count on how many rounds were expended?
Fusilier
GM, 5878 posts
Your Guide
Tue 27 Jun 2017
at 17:08
  • msg #274

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Oh yeah, I forgot to tally that up in the post...

Walsh x12
Tosh x10
Janaek 0
Fusilier
GM, 5879 posts
Your Guide
Tue 27 Jun 2017
at 22:08
  • msg #275

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Post will be up tomorrow.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2509 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Wed 28 Jun 2017
at 06:56
  • msg #276

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I'll put a quickpost in now. It's crazy at the moment. I've been in school for two hours and won't be finished until 10 tonight. Same for the next two days. If people don't like the orders, suggest changes IC and Fuse, can you have JJ agree to them please.
Fusilier
GM, 5881 posts
Your Guide
Wed 28 Jun 2017
at 23:42
  • msg #277

Re: OOC Thread - 16

You don't have the detail shown in Google for your maps, so this rough sketch will have to do. It's not to scale and some objects are not shown. It's just a basic layout of the ground. The left gate is where the Humvee got to before responding to the distillery issue. I posted a picture of it. The right gate was not observed, but obviously further down the road/wall. That's where the sound of gunfire is coming from.

Reminder, the two hall buildings were the focused of a bombing effort to render them unusable. They are heavily damaged. So too are the buildings in between. The row across the top are in better shape. There are also deep craters in this area, which can be an obstacle for the Krok. There are none however on the road it's currently moving on though (thus none seen from it's present LOS).


Fusilier
GM, 5882 posts
Your Guide
Thu 29 Jun 2017
at 00:31
  • msg #278

Re: OOC Thread - 16

To clarify what I said about the Krok, I drew in some possible routes. Basically, it can't cut through the buildings occupying the middle ground between the two train halls.

It can go forward to the T-junction. From there is can go left and try to force its way through the closed wood gate to get onto Siennicka (where the militia are), or go right.

Or it can backtrack and go around the castle to gain access to the next road over, which is parallel to the one you are currently on.


This message was last edited by the GM at 01:20, Thu 29 June 2017.
Michael Kessler
player, 895 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Thu 29 Jun 2017
at 12:00
  • msg #279

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I’m inclined to have the Krok and dismounts go forward to the T Junction then turn right. If the bandits are on our side of the wall that will give us a chance to engage them. If they’ve already crossed over the wall the Krok can reverse back left then try and link up with the militia while the dismounts can pursue on foot over the wall.

If anyone has any other suggestions / objections, feel free to say, otherwise I’ll get a post up to that effect tonight. The Poles’ request for a medic is noted but I’m prioritising finishing off the bandits.
Michael Kessler
player, 897 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Thu 29 Jun 2017
at 18:50
  • msg #280

Re: OOC Thread - 16

OK, have posted as above with one slight change, which is that the dismounts stay on this side of the wall and the militia stay on the other for now.



John Jameson McCarthy:
Reidel, do you want to transfer to the Krok in case you are needed and we have to stay outside?

Inventory change: Krok +1 Riedel (from Humvee)

Also, Riedel is now using the call sign Nightingale. It's only taken me two and a half years to think of that...
Lukas Fischer
player, 282 posts
Callsign 'Kriegshammer'
Spartan-117
Thu 29 Jun 2017
at 19:09
  • msg #281

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Sorry for the 1 line post, but work is chaotic stupid right now.  :(
Fusilier
GM, 5883 posts
Your Guide
Sat 1 Jul 2017
at 23:15
  • msg #282

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Rae, is this the correct interpretation of the route?


Per Kolstrup
player, 492 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Sun 2 Jul 2017
at 00:16
  • msg #283

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Fusilier (msg # 282):

More or less, yes. I'd like us to pause and take a look right between the workshop and #2 before we move to the wall.

-
Fusilier
GM, 5884 posts
Your Guide
Tue 4 Jul 2017
at 23:40
  • msg #284

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Some of you may know, others not, but I was on an extended long weekend. Posting to resume tomorrow.
Fusilier
GM, 5886 posts
Your Guide
Thu 6 Jul 2017
at 05:43
  • msg #285

Re: OOC Thread - 16


Michael Kessler
player, 898 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Thu 6 Jul 2017
at 18:10
  • msg #286

Re: OOC Thread - 16

How about if we have the Krok and two of the dismounts move up to where the wounded man is? The dismounts can then secure him if necessary while the Krok can cover them and put fire down on the suspected bandit position.

Meanwhile the rest of the dismounts can advance towards square N12 using the buildings for cover and try and hit the bandits in the flank?

If we can take care of the bandits the Krok can then get Riedel up to the LOSA position.

Thoughts / other options?
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2102 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Thu 6 Jul 2017
at 18:56
  • msg #287

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Michael Kessler:
How about if we have the Krok and two of the dismounts move up to where the wounded man is? The dismounts can then secure him if necessary while the Krok can cover them and put fire down on the suspected bandit position.

Meanwhile the rest of the dismounts can advance towards square N12 using the buildings for cover and try and hit the bandits in the flank?

If we can take care of the bandits the Krok can then get Riedel up to the LOSA position.

Thoughts / other options?

Frank will go with someone to get the wounded person with the support of the Krokodil.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2512 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Fri 7 Jul 2017
at 06:45
  • msg #288

Re: OOC Thread - 16

That sounds like a decent plan to me.
Per Kolstrup
player, 493 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Fri 7 Jul 2017
at 15:01
  • msg #289

Re: OOC Thread - 16


I'm cool with that plan. I'll post IC this afternoon.

-
Fusilier
GM, 5887 posts
Your Guide
Sat 8 Jul 2017
at 22:44
  • msg #290

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I'm short some PC posts so I will leave the turn until tomorrow. If they aren't in by then I'll assume they froze up and carry on.
Janecek
player, 180 posts
Sergent-Chef FFL
Mahatatain
Sun 9 Jul 2017
at 10:17
  • msg #291

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Fusilier (msg # 290):

Apologies.
Per Kolstrup
player, 495 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Sun 9 Jul 2017
at 19:32
  • msg #292

Re: OOC Thread - 16


Are the bandits that escaped Der Krok in the tipped over L-shaped building?

Since Per's gun isn't well-suited to CQB, he'll frag the building first. Volunteers to follow the frag and clear?

-
This message was last edited by the player at 19:32, Sun 09 July 2017.
Michael Kessler
player, 902 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sun 9 Jul 2017
at 20:37
  • msg #293

Re: OOC Thread - 16

OK, intent for the Krok is

• Get Benucci, Czerny, and the wounded bandit aboard (Riedel will open the door on the same side as them)
• Krok then heads down to the southern gate
• Riedel will then head for the Militia to commence triage; Benucci and Czerny can dismount and rejoin Kolstrup's squad (or otherwise engage the bandits)
• Dawid will watch the wounded bandit
Chris Walsh
player, 115 posts
Callsign Hades
Sun 9 Jul 2017
at 20:38
  • msg #294

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Per Kolstrup:
Since Per's gun isn't well-suited to CQB, he'll frag the building first. Volunteers to follow the frag and clear?

I'm fine with Walsh going in after the frag if you want to have Kolstrup give the order.
Fusilier
GM, 5889 posts
Your Guide
Sun 9 Jul 2017
at 20:41
  • msg #295

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Yes, that L shaped building.
Per Kolstrup
player, 496 posts
Sun 9 Jul 2017
at 21:08
  • [deleted]
  • msg #296

Re: OOC Thread - 16

This message was deleted by the player at 21:16, Sun 09 July 2017.
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2106 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Mon 10 Jul 2017
at 19:50
  • msg #297

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Were we able to salvage the dropped AKM from the wounded man on the street?
Fusilier
GM, 5890 posts
Your Guide
Mon 10 Jul 2017
at 22:30
  • msg #298

Re: OOC Thread - 16

No it wasn't picked up.
Janecek
player, 183 posts
Sergent-Chef FFL
Mahatatain
Tue 11 Jul 2017
at 13:15
  • msg #299

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Fusilier:
No it wasn't picked up.

I've just had Jan pick it up (I posted before reading this).  If that's not possible then please say and I'll edit accordingly.

Ta,

Andy.
Fusilier
GM, 5891 posts
Your Guide
Tue 11 Jul 2017
at 17:45
  • msg #300

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Since what Frank and Janacek are doing is going to take some time, Per is not waiting for them to clear the building (to prevent the enemy from being more prepared).

This means O'Brien will be changed to enter with the lead Mad Dogs, and the other two will wait outside.

Just a heads up to a change in what's been posted.
This message was last edited by the GM at 17:46, Tue 11 July 2017.
Janecek
player, 185 posts
Sergent-Chef FFL
Mahatatain
Tue 11 Jul 2017
at 20:24
  • msg #301

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Fusilier (msg # 300):

OK - makes sense.
Fusilier
GM, 5893 posts
Your Guide
Wed 12 Jul 2017
at 03:39
  • msg #302

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Sometimes you do everything right and it still doesn't work the way you want.

This was a long turn, but only because there was a good amount of detail I wanted to cover. In terms of the passage of time though, it wasn't long. The whole entry bit for example only took about 5-10 seconds max. Try to keep that in mind when reading.

Don't forget ammo and grenades used, thanks.
This message was last edited by the GM at 03:49, Wed 12 July 2017.
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2107 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Wed 12 Jul 2017
at 04:01
  • msg #303

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Janecek:
In reply to Fusilier (msg # 300):

OK - makes sense.

Agreed
David 'Tosh' Lines
player, 635 posts
Cpl (UK) Infantry
Mahatatain
Wed 12 Jul 2017
at 16:32
  • msg #304

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Please can I double check a couple of things.  Firstly I think that Tosh is still outside the building.  Is that correct?  Secondly can he see the BTR?

Ta,

Andy.
Fusilier
GM, 5894 posts
Your Guide
Wed 12 Jul 2017
at 16:59
  • msg #305

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Yes, outside.

Yes, the BTR is right next to the building.
Fusilier
GM, 5895 posts
Your Guide
Wed 12 Jul 2017
at 17:09
  • msg #306

Re: OOC Thread - 16

This is the current layout.


David 'Tosh' Lines
player, 637 posts
Cpl (UK) Infantry
Mahatatain
Thu 13 Jul 2017
at 15:15
  • msg #307

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Fusilier (msg # 306):

Thanks for the map.
Michael Kessler
player, 908 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Tue 18 Jul 2017
at 12:18
  • msg #309

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I’ve tried to keep the suggestion to casevac vague until we can get a full IC accounting of the various wounds (and their severities) but based on what I can see OOC would suggest most likely options are either:

1. The Humvee takes Jurek and Tosh (if Tosh’s wounds warrant it). Kolstrup and the other wounded militiaman stay put for now (provided their wounds aren’t too bad) and can follow on later. Challenge with that is that if Riedel goes with the most badly wounded there’s no longer a medic on site.

2. The BTR takes Riedel and all the wounded (as they won’t all fit in the Humvee). That leaves the people at the loco works without its support but if the action is winding down that may be less of a challenge.

There’s also the question of whether we take the wounded bandit to the Marians for treatment (provided he lasts that long).

Any thoughts?
Per Kolstrup
player, 501 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Tue 18 Jul 2017
at 16:18
  • msg #310

Re: OOC Thread - 16


Is the familiar, wounded bandit-merc that Per picked up been accounted for?

-
Michael Kessler
player, 909 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Tue 18 Jul 2017
at 16:28
  • msg #311

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Per Kolstrup (msg # 310):

He’s not included in Kessler’s headcount (I’m fairly sure Kessler doesn’t know about him IC and to be honest I’d forgotten about him OOC).

The four WIA Kessler is referring to are:

Lines
Jurek (Militia Squad Leader)
Unnamed Militia man that’s been shot in the wrist
The bandit inside the BTR (recovered by Czerny / Benucci)

As best as I can recollect Kessler isn't aware of any other wounded at this time.

I’m not entirely clear if Kolstrup’s squad have reached the BTR yet, which would obviously help clarify things – they weren’t mentioned in the turn post so I didn’t want to presume they were now there.
This message was last edited by the player at 16:29, Tue 18 July 2017.
Fusilier
GM, 5899 posts
Your Guide
Tue 18 Jul 2017
at 16:37
  • msg #312

Re: OOC Thread - 16

They reached the BTR. It was just right outside. So there are the four guys Dave just listed, plus the one Kolstrup is familiar with, making it five wounded still alive.
This message was last edited by the GM at 16:38, Tue 18 July 2017.
Michael Kessler
player, 910 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Tue 18 Jul 2017
at 19:18
  • msg #313

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Fusilier (msg # 312):

OK, I've updated my post to include Per.
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2110 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Tue 18 Jul 2017
at 19:44
  • msg #314

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Let me know if you want Frank to do anything different than what I posted.  Watch over Riedel?
Janecek
player, 188 posts
Sergent-Chef FFL
Mahatatain
Tue 18 Jul 2017
at 22:39
  • msg #315

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Sorry - busy with RL at present so haven't been able to post.  Please NPC if needed.

Apologies,

Andy
Michael Kessler
player, 913 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Fri 21 Jul 2017
at 13:08
  • msg #316

Re: OOC Thread - 16

The current plan is for the following to head to the Marians using the BTR

Kessler
Fischer
Andropov
Riedel
Lines
The two Militia wounded

Plus one Militia liaison (TBC) and (maybe) the two bandit wounded (that will depend on how the current scene plays out)

Everyone not mentioned above will stay at the loco yard with McCarthy

As always that’s not set in stone so if anyone wants to do something different just say here
Fusilier
GM, 5902 posts
Your Guide
Fri 21 Jul 2017
at 23:30
  • msg #317

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Michael Kessler:
Everyone not mentioned above will stay at the loco yard with McCarthy


I have the LoSA prepping to move out, but if you are planning on sticking around then they will too.

I'm unsure what the next course of action will be.
Per Kolstrup
player, 504 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Sat 22 Jul 2017
at 00:06
  • msg #318

Re: OOC Thread - 16


Did Per's search of the badly wounded bandit- the familiar one- yield anything useful/valuable?

-
Fusilier
GM, 5904 posts
Your Guide
Sat 22 Jul 2017
at 03:17
  • msg #320

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Firearms:
AKM Rifles x2 (one in poor condition)
M16A2 Rifle x1 (poor condition)
M3A1 Submachinegun x1
Los-4 Rifle x1
Tokarev x1
Beretta M9 x1

Magazines & Ammo
AKM Magazines: x13 w/162rnds 7.62mmS + 55rnds "loose"
M16A2 Magazines: x4 w/45rnds 5.56mmN
M3A1 Magazines: x3 w/70rnds .45cal
Tokarev Magazines: x1
Beretta M9 Magazines: x4 w/45rnds 9mmP

Other
POMZ-2 Mine x1
Hatchet x1
Brew Kit x2
Civilian Band Hand Radio x1
Tobacco 8g (total)
Food 5kg (total)
Civilian Pack (Light) x1
NBCW Carry Bag x1
Garrote x1
Handcuffs x2
Duct Tape Roll x1 (5 uses)
Sleeping Gear x2
Tylenol canister x1 (with three crude looking & unmarked pills)
Zippo style lighter x1
Amber beads wrapped in cheesecloth x7
Ziplock bag with some pepper and other common spices x1
Knives (various types) x5
Flashlight x2
Candle x1
Compass x1
Gambling/Gaming Accessories x2
Wire/Bolt Cutters x1
Field Dressing x1
Emergency Road Flare x1
Utility Sheet x1
Screws (Bag/Mixed Sizes) x1
Footwear x5 (Pairs)
Silver Coin x1
Flak Vest x1 (Damaged)
Vouchers x2 (for a hot meal at any stall in the Solidarity Market)
Ferrocerium Rod x1
Tactical Rigging (various) x3
Other odds and ends that soldiers/bandits/survialists carry
This message was last edited by the GM at 03:34, Sat 22 July 2017.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2517 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Sat 22 Jul 2017
at 07:33
  • msg #321

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Varis Babicevs:
John Jameson McCarthy:
As he opened the door for the MU passengers he gave Varis a black look, "Keep a cork in it."


Varis didn't get the expression. It seemed too sexual to be coming from the major's lips. Frank, yeah. Lines, definitely. McCarthy, it was uncharacteristically lewd. Feeling a bit ganged up, Varis stewed quietly. He occupied himself mad-dogging the MU fighters, deciding which one's asses he could kick.

-


This has to be my favourite Varis quote yet. I'm wondering if it's as intentionally funny as I find it or if we have a case of cross-Atlantic drift. In the UK, dogging is the act of having sex in a car in am isolated car park with other people standing outside watching.

It sounds particularly seedy to me, but each to their own. The image of Varis mad-dogging people made me shoot my morning coffee out of my nose.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2518 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Sat 22 Jul 2017
at 07:36
  • msg #322

Re: OOC Thread - 16

On a serious note: Prisoners.

Given that they are bandits that refused our offer for surrender, I have no problem with summary execution. I just don't want to start the dramas that executing people has created in other games I've been in.

What should we do?
Michael Kessler
player, 914 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sat 22 Jul 2017
at 11:10
  • msg #323

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to John Jameson McCarthy (msg # 322):

I don't have any objections to executing them.
Michael Kessler
player, 915 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sat 22 Jul 2017
at 11:17
  • msg #324

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Fusilier:
Michael Kessler:
Everyone not mentioned above will stay at the loco yard with McCarthy


I have the LoSA prepping to move out, but if you are planning on sticking around then they will too.

I'm unsure what the next course of action will be.

I think the plan was for McCarthy to go see the Polish Police Inspector at the distillery.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2519 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Sat 22 Jul 2017
at 11:42
  • msg #325

Re: OOC Thread - 16

That's right, we'll do that once we have decided the fate of the prisoners.

I don't think it should be a majority decision. If anyone objects on moral grounds, it doesn't happen whatever the consequences.
Fusilier
GM, 5905 posts
Your Guide
Sat 22 Jul 2017
at 14:21
  • msg #326

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Hmmm... I wasn't thinking about that when I wrote about getting rid of the bandits. I wasn't planning for the PCs to have to do the deed personally either. But I know what you mean. I don't want to create any problems here as well. If it's easier or whatever, the MU guys can just take them or maybe turn them over to Forest City.
This message was last edited by the GM at 14:28, Sat 22 July 2017.
Varis Babicevs
player, 1476 posts
Sgt (Latvia)
Raellus
Sat 22 Jul 2017
at 16:58
  • msg #327

Re: OOC Thread - 16

John Jameson McCarthy:
This has to be my favourite Varis quote yet. I'm wondering if it's as intentionally funny as I find it or if we have a case of cross-Atlantic drift. In the UK, dogging is the act of having sex in a car in am isolated car park with other people standing outside watching.

It sounds particularly seedy to me, but each to their own. The image of Varis mad-dogging people made me shoot my morning coffee out of my nose.


I'm sorry to say that that part of the joke was unintentional, but I'm still pleased that it made you LOL; I just can't take credit for it. I'm amused at how my attempt at an amusing IC misunderstanding of an English idiom turned into an amusing OOC misunderstanding of an American idiom.

-
Michael Kessler
player, 917 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sun 23 Jul 2017
at 08:12
  • msg #328

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Any more opinions on what to do with the two prisoners?

Options include

• Execute them ourselves
• Hand them over to the MU to deal with as they please (which may mean the MU execute them)
• Take them to the Marians for treatment (at our expense)
• Other?

I'm quite happy to hand them over to the MU.

Mark wanted to be sure that no one had any issues with the possibility of an execution so if everyone can say what you want to do we can move on - as I see it, if anyone does have an issue with them being killed they'll have to be taken to the Marians (unless anyone has an 'other' option).
Billy 'Crack' O'Brien
player, 997 posts
Cpl (UK) Airborne
Cymon
Sun 23 Jul 2017
at 08:44
  • msg #329

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Michael Kessler (msg # 328):

No problem with any of those options. Could always try sending a message on their radio see if anyone is listening ?
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2520 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Sun 23 Jul 2017
at 08:50
  • msg #330

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I think the best option would be to hand the prisoners over to the MU. We're on their territory, it's their collar.

It lets the MU off the hook if they did support the attempt to destabalise the Forest City community but we weren't going to confront them anyway. It also denies us the opportunity to interrogate them but saves us using up credit with the Marians.

Unless someone posts an objection before I go to bed tonight I'll post that up.

The next move will be to dump bodies and visit the distillery. Anyone who doesn't want to do that and isn't heading for the hospital can walk back to the Rowing Club if they'd prefer.
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2112 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Sun 23 Jul 2017
at 09:23
  • msg #331

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to John Jameson McCarthy (msg # 330):

Hand them over.  We did our part and if anyone has a problem with it, then their blood isn't on our hands if they're killed.
Fusilier
GM, 5907 posts
Your Guide
Tue 25 Jul 2017
at 03:38
  • msg #332

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Turn is up. I'm going to give 1-2 quick turns to verbally engage with the MU at the distillery and then conclude the scenario.

I assume you'll be going back to the compound and getting on with new matters?
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2523 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Tue 25 Jul 2017
at 07:11
  • msg #333

Re: OOC Thread - 16

We may be needing some down time to get wounded characters fit again. What if we try and hire some instructors for a week and train the team up in instruction?

A decent teacher could train 3-4 people in a session and still get 3 points in a week. If we got in enough teachers to keep that ratio up and ran eight hour sessions we'd be able to have 6 points to invest in Instruction. For those with nothing they would have a Skill of 3 from that, enough to train one person intensively and three at a 1 point level.

I think this would be useful because then we could in part trade training for labour. For instance, we offer the Forest City people training for their militia for labour to recover the salvage we need an then build the defences around the Rowing Club.

This would have the benefit of allowing us to have useful down time and still get some building work done without having to RP the collection and building sessions.

What do people think?
Sabine Riedel
player, 266 posts
Soldat (Ger)
Dave Ross
Tue 25 Jul 2017
at 08:05
  • msg #334

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I think we should also focus on getting some people trained in first aid. In the last two firefights (here and the barge) we ended up with multiple casualties and only one medic to treat them so it would be good to have at least one designated back up that could deal with some of the more minor stuff.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2524 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Tue 25 Jul 2017
at 08:25
  • msg #335

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Once we have instructors we can cross-train over winter. First aid would be a priority as would technical skills, we only have one mechanic and our kit is slowly falling apart.
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2113 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Tue 25 Jul 2017
at 08:38
  • msg #336

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Agreed in training for first aid and mechanic
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2114 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Tue 25 Jul 2017
at 18:49
  • msg #337

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Starting this Saturday, 7/29 thru 8/3, I will be on vacation and have no internet access.  i am able to post up until Friday night of this week.  Please NPC me as needed.

John
Varis Babicevs
player, 1477 posts
Sgt (Latvia)
Raellus
Wed 26 Jul 2017
at 20:12
  • msg #338

Re: OOC Thread - 16


These MU guys are assholes, kind of. I really don't like the vibe they're giving off. Are we in the wrong here?

-
David 'Tosh' Lines
player, 639 posts
Cpl (UK) Infantry
Mahatatain
Wed 26 Jul 2017
at 21:38
  • msg #339

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Sorry for my absence - catching up at the moment and I have a quick question.

Has Tosh had his wounds tended yet?  And is he seriously injured enough to require transport to the Marians with the wounded militiamen?

Ta,

Andy.
David 'Tosh' Lines
player, 640 posts
Cpl (UK) Infantry
Mahatatain
Fri 28 Jul 2017
at 05:53
  • msg #340

Re: OOC Thread - 16

David 'Tosh' Lines:
Sorry for my absence - catching up at the moment and I have a quick question.

Has Tosh had his wounds tended yet?  And is he seriously injured enough to require transport to the Marians with the wounded militiamen?

Ta,

Andy.

Morning.

I need the answers to the above please before I can post IC.

Apologies for being a pain.

Thanks

Andy
Fusilier
GM, 5909 posts
Your Guide
Fri 28 Jul 2017
at 06:17
  • msg #341

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Yes, but they are now off camera.
Fusilier
GM, 5912 posts
Your Guide
Fri 28 Jul 2017
at 09:03
  • msg #343

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I need a decision on the splitting of loot. Thanks.

I'm going to put up another chapter today. I just want to conclude things with the LoSA in the current chapter. I don't suspect it will, but please don't let the post count go over 1000.
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2115 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Fri 28 Jul 2017
at 13:58
  • msg #344

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Fusilier (msg # 343):

Only thing that is standing out to Frank is the Bolt/Wire cutters and the M-3 Grease Gun (because I'm a gun whore and the ammo matches my Para-Ordnance.  It's a good gunners back up gun too.)
Varis Babicevs
player, 1478 posts
Sgt (Latvia)
Raellus
Fri 28 Jul 2017
at 15:15
  • msg #345

Re: OOC Thread - 16


Varis will take the hatchet and the combat knife.

-
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2526 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Fri 28 Jul 2017
at 19:26
  • msg #346

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I'd suggest this: Blue for us and Green for the LOSA. I now we're desperate for radios but increasing goodwill with the militia is the whole point of the mission...

Firearms:
 AKM Rifles x1
 AKM x 1(one in poor condition)
 M16A2 Rifle x1 (poor condition)
 M3A1 Submachinegun x1
Los-4 Rifle x1
 Tokarev x1
 Beretta M9 x1


Magazines & Ammo
 AKM Magazines: x13

w/162rnds 7.62mmS + 55rnds "loose"

M16A2 Magazines: x4 w/45rnds 5.56mmN
 M3A1 Magazines: x3 w/70rnds .45cal
 Tokarev Magazines: x1
 Beretta M9 Magazines: x4 w/45rnds 9mmP

Other
 POMZ-2 Mine x1
 Hatchet x1
 Brew Kit x2
Civilian Band Hand Radio x1
 Tobacco 8g (total)
 Food 5kg (total)
 Civilian Pack (Light) x1
 NBCW Carry Bag x1
Garrote x1
 Handcuffs x2
 Duct Tape Roll x1 (5 uses)
Sleeping Gear x2
 Tylenol canister x1 (with three crude looking & unmarked pills)
 Zippo style lighter x1
 Amber beads wrapped in cheesecloth x7
 Ziplock bag with some pepper and other common spices x1

Knives (various types) x5
Flashlight x2

 Candle x1
 Compass x1
 Gambling/Gaming Accessories x2
 Wire/Bolt Cutters x1
 Field Dressing x1

 Emergency Road Flare x1
 Utility Sheet x1

 Screws (Bag/Mixed Sizes) x1
Footwear x5 (Pairs)
 Silver Coin x1

Flak Vest x1 (Damaged)
 Vouchers x2 (for a hot meal at any stall in the Solidarity Market)
Ferrocerium Rod x1
 Tactical Rigging (various) x3
 Other odds and ends that soldiers/bandits/survialists carry


Once that's done, JJ will need to pay a visit to the bulletin board and try and arrange some instruction tutors. Auttenberg was at Uni in Gdasnk so he may know of a few old teachers still around.
Michael Kessler
player, 918 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Fri 28 Jul 2017
at 20:52
  • msg #347

Re: OOC Thread - 16

If no one objects I'd like to take the following

Kessler - 1 x Handcuffs
Walsh - 1 x Gambling/Gaming Accessories
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2528 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Sat 29 Jul 2017
at 19:48
  • msg #348

Re: OOC Thread - 16

OK, what else do people want to do, I'm assuming we'll need a week of downtime to recover from wounds. In that time I'd like:

Training: as many people as possible trained in instruction: 2 sessions with a good teacher should give everyone 6 points to spend on it.
Tools: Track down and buy as many sets of construction and excavation tools as we can, pick up some mechanic and gunsmith tools.
Radios: As many as we can get, price is almost no object for the value they have of engaging everyone in all phases of the game.
The IB Hum-vee: Get Tomasz to fix the Hum-vee and arm it up ready for the spring.
Hire labour: Get the barge fixed and use labour to increase our defences and:
Create a shower and wash block using the hot water generated by Kamineski's still. If that works, we can extend it into a hat sink for a greenhouse.

If there's anything else we need, chip in.
Michael Kessler
player, 920 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sat 29 Jul 2017
at 20:28
  • msg #349

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I'd still prefer to get training in first aid now rather than later. We need more people trained up before our next operation, not over the winter. If 2 sessions with a good trainer gives people six points to spend then presumably if the Marians could be persuaded to provide a trainer those six points could go to Trauma Aid instead?

We have to go back to Forest City. Firstly they need to be told about the discussion between McCarthy and the MU Inspector and the implications it has for them in terms of keeping out of MU territory. It would also be prudent to look at their defences and how they can be bolstered and what sort of training their security forces need. We don't want the bandit problem to resurface (possibly by the MU just hiring more thugs who attack Forest City then retreat into MU territory where they can't be chased). So we need to ensure that Forest City is self sufficient when it comes to its security needs or the whole exercise has been a bit futile.

I think we should definitely follow up on both the currency and the Lithuanian fishing boat; I would presume that those connected to the 8th Division might be keen to speak to the Lithuanians to see if they have any intel on the Division? Finding out about the currency is, I think, important when it comes to Gdansk's long term future.

For those that aren't that interested in the construction aspect there's maybe the option of taking a patrol outside the City to see what the Sovs are up to. If we can hand off all of the construction to an NPC labour force that sounds good to me.

Obviously Fuse can't run half a dozen different mini scenarios for us so some things are going to have to be done off camera. I'd suggest the shopping could be handled off camera if people post their wish lists here - we can then hand that off to NPC's to be handled in game and Fuse can post here what's available and how much it costs.
Fusilier
GM, 5915 posts
Your Guide
Sat 29 Jul 2017
at 20:39
  • msg #350

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I don't mind 2 concurrent settings. So a third or fourth (or more) setting could be done off camera by NPCs or secondary PCs as long as it's planned here in the OOC.

I assumed you were done with the LoSA so I've closed the thread and started a new one. Let me know if you want me to open it again to tack on anything.
This message was last edited by the GM at 20:43, Sat 29 July 2017.
Michael Kessler
player, 921 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sat 29 Jul 2017
at 20:48
  • msg #351

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Fusilier:
With the vehicles slated for post-action inspection and maintenance, any expeditions sent into Gdansk or Forest City will have to be done on foot unless they utilize Kaminski's rusty ZSD Nysa.

Is the Iltis off the road?



Fusilier:
I assumed you were done with the LoSA so I've closed the thread and started a new one. Let me know if you want me to open it again to tack on anything.

I was trying to post into it when it got closed.
Fusilier
GM, 5917 posts
Your Guide
Sat 29 Jul 2017
at 20:57
  • msg #352

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I've opened up the previous Chapter. For anyone needing to post there, please make sure you don't bump it past 999 posts. Unless you talking to Kaminski or Lukasz, PCs should post in the new chapter.

I assumed the Iltis was part of the maintenance, but of course, a mechanic can't look at everything at once so that's my fault. It's free to use.
This message was last edited by the GM at 20:57, Sat 29 July 2017.
Fusilier
GM, 5918 posts
Your Guide
Sat 29 Jul 2017
at 20:59
  • msg #353

Re: OOC Thread - 16

@ Frank add:
1x M3 Submachinegun (3.5kg)
3x 30rnd. Magazine
70x .45cal Rounds
1x Bolt/Wire Cutters (2kg)
NOTE: there is no sling on the SMG

@ Varis add:
1x Hatchet (1.5kg)
1x Combat Knife (0.5kg)

@ Kessler add:
1x Handcuffs (1kg)

@ Walsh add:
1 x Gambling/Gaming Accessories
Per Kolstrup
player, 505 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Sat 29 Jul 2017
at 21:00
  • msg #354

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Would the Humvee hit Forest City on the way back to the Mad Dog compound?

I favor handling stuff like training, construction, and shopping off-camera. Maybe it's just me, but I'm finding it harder to post anything original, IC, for those sorts of duties. If I'm the minority, in this regard, then I'll continue to do my best.

-
Chris Walsh
player, 122 posts
Callsign Hades
Sat 29 Jul 2017
at 21:05
  • msg #355

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Fusilier (msg # 353):

Done. Can I also draw 23 rnds of 7.62mm x 39mm from stores to replace ammo expended?
Fusilier
GM, 5919 posts
Your Guide
Sat 29 Jul 2017
at 21:06
  • msg #356

Re: OOC Thread - 16

The Humvee is already back so it's too late. That said, it's only a 5 minute drive to Forest City so you can easily go there and then back into Gdansk without any real delay.

Rae, I know what you mean. For training and construction settings, I struggle to think up enough to move things from turn to turn. I think those are best left to NPCs.

Edit - Walsh yes.
This message was last edited by the GM at 21:08, Sat 29 July 2017.
Michael Kessler
player, 923 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sat 29 Jul 2017
at 21:13
  • msg #357

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Per Kolstrup:
Would the Humvee hit Forest City on the way back to the Mad Dog compound?

I favor handling stuff like training, construction, and shopping off-camera. Maybe it's just me, but I'm finding it harder to post anything original, IC, for those sorts of duties. If I'm the minority, in this regard, then I'll continue to do my best

I'm happy enough doing things like training, construction, and routine shopping off camera.

I do think if we're going to visit the Lithuanian boat it should be done on camera. Even if it's nominally a trading encounter it's a little bit different than going to the market to pick up a couple of cases of ammo.
Per Kolstrup
player, 506 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Sat 29 Jul 2017
at 21:23
  • msg #358

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Michael Kessler:
I do think if we're going to visit the Lithuanian boat it should be done on camera. Even if it's nominally a trading encounter it's a little bit different than going to the market to pick up a couple of cases of ammo.


Definitely. I just mean routine stuff. I agree that a visit to the Lithuanians is more than routine.

-
Fusilier
GM, 5920 posts
Your Guide
Sat 29 Jul 2017
at 21:35
  • msg #359

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Dave, I've replied to you IC post by just tacking it onto yours.

Lithuanian boat is fine by me too.
This message was last edited by the GM at 21:38, Sat 29 July 2017.
Billy 'Crack' O'Brien
player, 998 posts
Cpl (UK) Airborne
Cymon
Sat 29 Jul 2017
at 21:49
  • msg #360

Re: OOC Thread - 16


Billy would like the:

Duct Tape Roll x1 (5 uses)
Ferrocerium Rod x1
POMZ-2 Mine x1

Thanks.
Michael Kessler
player, 924 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sun 30 Jul 2017
at 10:05
  • msg #361

Re: OOC Thread - 16

John Jameson McCarthy:
At a minimum an electrician, a plumber, a couple of carpenters and a couple of brick-layers. That number will probably need a foreman to oversee them, maybe two.

So something like these guys?

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multi...ehen__p_3451870b.jpg" data-lightbox="images-msg-361">http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multi...ehen__p_3451870b.jpg" alt=''>
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2530 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Sun 30 Jul 2017
at 10:54
  • msg #362

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Way Eye!
Michael Kessler
player, 925 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sun 30 Jul 2017
at 13:01
  • msg #363

Re: OOC Thread - 16

OK, based on the feedback so far I'd suggest the following for next moves

On Camera

1. The Lithuanian Boat
One group goes to check out the Lithuanian boat with a view to trading / intel gathering. I'd suggest McCarthy leads this group as he has more reason than Kessler to find out what's going on in Lithuania.

2. Forest City
One group goes back to Forest City to brief the community there on the outcome of the operation to clear the bandits and assess what can be done to try and prevent the problem reoccurring. I'd suggest Kessler leads this group as he has already had dealings with the Forest City leadership.

The ship could sail anytime and we should probably brief Forest City asap so I'd say both of those items can take place today (game time) unless anyone objects?

Off Camera

Shopping

An NPC group (Krupp, Janku, Aleksandr) take care of routine shopping needs, to include
• Radios - as far as I know we have three PC's who do not have a radio - Walsh, Lines, and Andropov - if there's anyone else please say so in this thread
• NVG's - as far as I know well over half the unit do not have these
• Tools - construction, excavation, mechanic, gunsmith
• Vehicle parts - anything required for the new Humvee (it still requires 48 hours of work so it may take a while before we know what, if anything, is required)
• Some more grenades might be useful - both hand and 40mm

Anyone think of anything else or have any specific items they want for their character not included in the above?

Construction
Kaminski hires workers to carry out required work to improve defences and overall living standards

Currency / Training

(Edit. Training and dealing with the currency can probably be delayed until after the more immediate stuff, I included them as action points here so we didn't end up forgetting about them)

How does that sound?
This message was last edited by the player at 13:12, Sun 30 July 2017.
Fusilier
GM, 5921 posts
Your Guide
Sun 30 Jul 2017
at 17:53
  • msg #364

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Michael Kessler:
• Vehicle parts - anything required for the new Humvee (it still requires 48 hours of work so it may take a while before we know what, if anything, is required)


You have all the parts you need to get the second Humvee working. As part of the deal the IB gave you a third wreck, which could be stripped of the parts needed, plus some additional parts if still required. So the second Humvee only needs a mechanic and time before it's roadworthy.

That said, routine maintenance of vehicles usually need spare parts to make it count. Some could be fabricated, others scrounged, but some may need to come from better sources (a skilled fabricator or parts merchant).
This message was last edited by the GM at 17:53, Sun 30 July 2017.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2531 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Sun 30 Jul 2017
at 18:15
  • msg #365

Re: OOC Thread - 16

That sounds fine as a way forward to me.

The shopping team could try to pick up any scrap or broken Kalashnikovs they can. We have at least two damaged AKMs that Tom could work more chances of fixing some up.

He could do that if there's any time left from stripping the Hummer and fixing the one we're keeping as well as routine work on the other vehicles.
Michael Kessler
player, 926 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sun 30 Jul 2017
at 19:14
  • msg #366

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to John Jameson McCarthy (msg # 365):

Provided there's no outstanding medical needs (and I don't think there are) I was planning to have Riedel stay back at the compound so she can help Tom with the vehicles (remember she used to work in an East German tractor factory, so she has Mechanic (1/7) and Machinist (2/9) skills).

I'll probably send Walsh with the Lithuanian boat group. It splits my characters across the two groups and he'd probably want to stick his nose in there to try and find out if they have any intel / gossip.
Varis Babicevs
player, 1479 posts
Sgt (Latvia)
Raellus
Sun 30 Jul 2017
at 20:11
  • msg #367

Re: OOC Thread - 16


Feel free to split Varis and Per up between the Lithuanian and Forest City groups- spread the love, as it were.

-
Michael Kessler
player, 927 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sun 30 Jul 2017
at 20:21
  • msg #368

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I'd suggest Per comes with the Forest City group - he's been there before and met their leadership and is also a good candidate to give them an after action report on the bandits.

Going with the Lithuanian group gives Babicevs the opportunity to act as McCarthy's body guard again. The Lithuanians may also have news of events in the Baltic States.
Varis Babicevs
player, 1480 posts
Sgt (Latvia)
Raellus
Sun 30 Jul 2017
at 20:31
  • msg #369

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Michael Kessler (msg # 368):

Sounds good.

-
Michael Kessler
player, 929 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Mon 31 Jul 2017
at 14:02
  • msg #370

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I’ve tried to frame the briefing so that anyone that wants to can attend IC. I take it everyone is happy with Forest City and the Lithuanian boat as the two on camera events.
Billy 'Crack' O'Brien
player, 999 posts
Cpl (UK) Airborne
Cymon
Mon 31 Jul 2017
at 21:59
  • msg #371

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Michael Kessler (msg # 363):

If someone could look for the following for Billy on the shopping trip. Thanks.

L1A1 rifle
7.62mmN armour piercing M61 or M993
40mmN grenades
M34 WP and ANM-14 Thermite grenades
Rifle Grenades - NATO or USSR
Demo gear, M5 Pressure-release firing devices, M10 Universal Destructors, M605 Trip Fuses, M81 shock tube Igniters, TNT blocks, C4 blocks or Russian equivalent.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2532 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Tue 1 Aug 2017
at 12:34
  • msg #372

Re: OOC Thread - 16

For the shoppers, will Jan hand over 9 bullets in case they can pick stuff up?

He can carry the rest to the boat and we'll take 140litres of diesel in 1l bottles as well, we'll use the diesel first if it's acceptable with the traders but the gold will be a backup.
Sabine Riedel
player, 268 posts
Soldat (Ger)
Dave Ross
Tue 1 Aug 2017
at 15:10
  • msg #373

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I know availability is likely to be poor but can we add medical supplies to the shopping list – whatever’s available.
Fusilier
GM, 5924 posts
Your Guide
Wed 2 Aug 2017
at 06:53
  • msg #374

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Kessler & Kolstrup

It's not a big deal since it was such a short drive, but just to add for some flavor, the Iltis is opened top and doesn't even have it's front windshield in place. So there was little to shield you from the poor weather. You were buffeted by wind and snow from the waist up.
Michael Kessler
player, 931 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Wed 2 Aug 2017
at 11:30
  • msg #375

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Rae, I’m thinking it might be prudent to spin things a little and say that we killed all of the bandits and not mention that two of them were handed over to MU still alive. If Walter suspects MU involvement that may not go down too well.

What do you think?
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2534 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Wed 2 Aug 2017
at 15:47
  • msg #376

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I've thrown in an opening negotiation but if anyone thinks we need other stuff off their list then we can add them.

Motor oil is self-explanatory.

Charcoal: 50kgs would see us OK for cooking for a week. A tonne, if we can get it, makes surviving the winter a lot more comfortable.

Gassifier: Could be used to power a vehicle but might be more useful as a standing engine to run a generator. We could use heat exchange to get hot water for heating and run a genny in the winter. During the day we might be able to turn the genny off and store gas in bottles to be used in a converted engine not fixed to the gassifier: that would mean carrying all our fuel when we travel though.

The gassifier would also give us wood problems again, if the charcoal is available in quantities and is cheap enough we could use that but I'm guessing it won't be that simple.
Per Kolstrup
player, 508 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Wed 2 Aug 2017
at 17:02
  • msg #377

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Michael Kessler:
Rae, I’m thinking it might be prudent to spin things a little and say that we killed all of the bandits and not mention that two of them were handed over to MU still alive. If Walter suspects MU involvement that may not go down too well.

What do you think?


Yeah, we can be vague and just say that we eliminated six bandits, not that we killed four and captured two. Or are my numbers off?

-
Michael Kessler
player, 932 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Wed 2 Aug 2017
at 18:10
  • msg #378

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Per Kolstrup (msg # 377):

I think there were five of them. Three definite dead - Fischer got one with the BTR's MG, one was killed inside the building and one outside. Plus two handed over to the MU - the one Per recognised and the one crawling around on his own.

It could be me that's miscounted though.
Per Kolstrup
player, 509 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Wed 2 Aug 2017
at 19:25
  • msg #379

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Michael Kessler (msg # 378):

I think you're right. What language are we speaking with the FC people? Per has 0 Polish.

Fuse, any chance of bumping Per's Polish to 1, without spending SP, for his time in-country?

-
Fusilier
GM, 5925 posts
Your Guide
Wed 2 Aug 2017
at 19:33
  • msg #380

Re: OOC Thread - 16

FC rep speaks perfect English.
Fusilier
GM, 5927 posts
Your Guide
Thu 3 Aug 2017
at 18:07
  • msg #381

Re: OOC Thread - 16

To make it easier, details of the Lithuanian trade can be done OOC.

Discussions concerning the American division that McCarthy mentioned, or anything else, can be done in the IC.
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2116 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Fri 4 Aug 2017
at 01:30
  • msg #382

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Back from the vacation/honeymoon.  Need a day or so to catch up and get back into RL mode.

John
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2117 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Fri 4 Aug 2017
at 04:55
  • msg #383

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Fusilier:
@ Frank add:
1x M3 Submachinegun (3.5kg)
3x 30rnd. Magazine
70x .45cal Rounds
1x Bolt/Wire Cutters (2kg)
NOTE: there is no sling on the SMG

Will be adding and no sling on SMG.

Where do you need Frank???  Maybe with Kessler & Kolstrup since they're only the two of them?
This message was last edited by the player at 05:01, Fri 04 Aug 2017.
Fusilier
GM, 5930 posts
Your Guide
Fri 4 Aug 2017
at 09:02
  • msg #384

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Ok, Frank is with Kessler & Kolstrup.
This message was last edited by the GM at 09:02, Fri 04 Aug 2017.
Fusilier
GM, 5933 posts
Your Guide
Sat 5 Aug 2017
at 16:52
  • msg #385

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Mark is back online Sunday, so I'll be wrapping up things soon after he get's a chance to post. Are we ok with that?

Assuming so, are the PCs going back to the compound?
Michael Kessler
player, 936 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sat 5 Aug 2017
at 16:59
  • msg #386

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Fusilier:
Mark is back online Sunday, so I'll be wrapping up things soon after he get's a chance to post. Are we ok with that?

Assuming so, are the PCs going back to the compound?

I've no objection to wrapping up and heading back.
This message was last edited by the player at 16:59, Sat 05 Aug 2017.
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2121 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Sun 6 Aug 2017
at 14:10
  • msg #387

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Michael Kessler:
Fusilier:
Mark is back online Sunday, so I'll be wrapping up things soon after he get's a chance to post. Are we ok with that?

Assuming so, are the PCs going back to the compound?

I've no objection to wrapping up and heading back.

Same here
Varis Babicevs
player, 1485 posts
Sgt (Latvia)
Raellus
Mon 7 Aug 2017
at 23:28
  • msg #388

Re: OOC Thread - 16


Blew out my back on Saturday and school started up today. If I'm not at work, I'm lying flat on the floor, AFK. Please NPC my characters, as needed. Soon as the pain subsides, I'll get involved again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

-
Fusilier
GM, 5935 posts
Your Guide
Thu 10 Aug 2017
at 03:51
  • msg #389

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I'm currently out of town so I'm unsure when I'll get the next turn up. I'll be home by Saturday but am intending to get something up before then.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2537 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Fri 11 Aug 2017
at 06:46
  • msg #390

Re: OOC Thread - 16

OK, JJ has the opportunity to set up exploration further east in the spring if we want to.

Before I post with the additional stuff though I want to know if the majority are happy with doing that. It doesn't mean that it'll be set in stone if something more interesting comes up, but it does mean that the mid-term game plan is set up.

If we do decide to go for the 8th, I have two suggestions:

1) We go with giving him some more fuel to make the changes his boat would need to accommodate the Hum-vees.
2) We don't transport our existing vehicles except the ILTIS. Instead we give him some fuel to set up a base camp in somewhere like Klapedia or somewhere of his suggesting. We ask him to find accommodation and transport, purchasing the transport is probably the only option. He'll be asked to focus on light 4-wheel drives or off-road motorbikes. We can see if we can buy some too. That would give us the means of getting around but if we're taken further east we will have effectively abandoned our other gear.

So, do you want JJ to set up the expedition and if so go with option 1 or 2?

Or of course, an option 3 of your suggestion.

I'm happy to do this or stay in Gdansk, JJ's character goals are to find the 8th and secure Gdansk. The Gdansk one is more immediate so if people'd rather not go on a wild goose chase I'm happy to stay put an dhave built-in character development to accommodate that.

Let me know before I post.

If I don't hear people's opinions by Saturday I'll go with option 0, arrange a time to meet them but only transport the ILTIS so we don't spend any more money on changes.
Billy 'Crack' O'Brien
player, 1002 posts
Cpl (UK) Airborne
Cymon
Fri 11 Aug 2017
at 07:06
  • msg #391

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to John Jameson McCarthy (msg # 390):

If we find the 8th what would the plan be ?
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2538 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Fri 11 Aug 2017
at 08:02
  • msg #392

Re: OOC Thread - 16

To find a way to help them out of trouble. I've always imagined a sort of mini Omega. Help them to Gdansk, possibly by smashing Soviet opposition around it, sea lift anyone who wants to go to Germany and leave the heavy gear for the Gdansk militias.


However, once we find the 8th there are officers senior to JJ. He won't be calling the shots. If people don't like the idea of the potential for higher command in the game, seeking the 8th isn't a good idea.
Michael Kessler
player, 937 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Fri 11 Aug 2017
at 08:02
  • msg #393

Re: OOC Thread - 16

As a player I don't mind switching to Lithuania.

However in terms of characters, Kessler won't go. I think I've been pretty clear that his stated intent is to return to Germany at some point in time and I can't see how travelling hundreds of kilometres further east would be consistent with that intent. If making for Germany wasn't an option and the Mad Dogs were headed to Lithuania he'd stay in Gdansk and try and slot in to the IB (or maybe the Marians).

Walsh is unlikely to go. For reasons that Fuse and Mark are aware of linking up with - and becoming part of - an organised United States Army unit isn't particularly high on his preferences. So he'd probably stay in Gdansk and try and slot in with one of the Militias (maybe the LoSA).

Riedel probably would go. I've tried to play her as having a closer connection to the Mad Dogs than the established German military hierarchy where she is a very, very small cog in a big wheel. She also doesn't have much incentive to go back to Germany - she's nothing waiting for her there and knows that there's a fair chance she'll be in the brown stuff if it comes out that she executed the Aufhocker. Kessler knows that too (and thinks Janku will spill the beans) so if Riedel asked to stay with the Mad Dogs he would OK it and report her as MIA if / when he got back.

tl;dr - I'm OK with a switch to Lithuania. I'm also OK with staying in Gdansk. If we do decide to head to Lithuania then as things stand I think I'd need to retire Kessler and (probably) Walsh and replace them with a new PC (or focus solely on Riedel).
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2539 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Fri 11 Aug 2017
at 08:06
  • msg #394

Re: OOC Thread - 16

It's simple. If it means losing characters it doesn't happen. the aim is to have a game we all enjoy, not push one agenda.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2540 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Fri 11 Aug 2017
at 08:06
  • msg #395

Re: OOC Thread - 16

By one agenda, I mean my agenda.
Michael Kessler
player, 938 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Fri 11 Aug 2017
at 08:53
  • msg #396

Re: OOC Thread - 16

As I said, if going in that direction is what the majority want to do I don’t have an issue with it per se. I suppose it’s no different from losing a character in battle as a result of a dice roll – if it happens it happens and you just need to deal with it. I certainly wouldn’t want to hold everyone else back if that’s the course they want to take.

I’m also not trying to impose an IC decision on anyone else – if Spartan wants Fischer to go east that’s up to him.
This message was last edited by the player at 09:35, Fri 11 Aug 2017.
Fusilier
GM, 5937 posts
Your Guide
Fri 11 Aug 2017
at 11:49
  • msg #397

Re: OOC Thread - 16

If we go east, it won't be about becoming part of an organized US Army. Just a heads up about that.
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2122 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Fri 11 Aug 2017
at 18:45
  • msg #398

Re: OOC Thread - 16

My take is that the 8th is scattered pretty bad?
Varis Babicevs
player, 1486 posts
Sgt (Latvia)
Raellus
Sat 12 Aug 2017
at 16:00
  • msg #399

Re: OOC Thread - 16


Hi all. A T2K adventure module that I wrote has been published by GDW/FFE and just went on sale at Drivethrurpg. Those of you who were on board for my attempted re-launch of Vistula Cruise may recognize some of the plot and setting elements.

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/pr...7s+&test_epoch=0

-
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2124 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Sat 12 Aug 2017
at 17:21
  • msg #400

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Varis Babicevs:
Hi all. A T2K adventure module that I wrote has been published by GDW/FFE and just went on sale at Drivethrurpg. Those of you who were on board for my attempted re-launch of Vistula Cruise may recognize some of the plot and setting elements.

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/pr...7s+&test_epoch=0

-

I already put one in my shopping cart for when I buy from them again!
Lukas Fischer
player, 285 posts
Callsign 'Kriegshammer'
Spartan-117
Sat 12 Aug 2017
at 18:40
  • msg #401

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Michael Kessler (msg # 396):

I'd probably retire out Fischer if things shift east.  Price would be game for going.  Either way, IRL I'm heading into my last year on Poland and we are checking boxes hard and heavy, so expect light posting until late fall/winter.
Varis Babicevs
player, 1488 posts
Sgt (Latvia)
Raellus
Sat 12 Aug 2017
at 19:35
  • msg #402

Re: OOC Thread - 16


I don't see Varis or Per being particularly interested in the mission of saving the 8th ID. Both are committed, ATM, to helping Gdansk maintain its freedom. IF helping the 8th would accomplish that end, they'd both be down, but since there's really no reason to think so, they'll be pretty cool towards the idea.

-
Fusilier
GM, 5939 posts
Your Guide
Sun 13 Aug 2017
at 17:59
  • msg #403

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I've updated the fuel/stores to show changes made from the trade. Everything is in the unit stores except for the 1/2 ton of charcoal and gasifier, which I've added to the information thread regarding the compound.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2542 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Sun 13 Aug 2017
at 18:30
  • msg #404

Re: OOC Thread - 16

OK, the next week will probably be the following:

1) Recovering from wounds, rest and maintenance
2) Shopping for resupply
3) Getting the Hum-vee operational
4) Supervising work on the Rowing Club. We need to hire peopleto embed the gasifier, link it in to the heating system and sort out electrics as well as improve defences with what we've scavenged.
5) Repair Valeska's bargeready for what I suggest next.

For our next mission how about the following?

We take the labourers I Valeska's barge for a thee day logging mission somewhere safe on the coast. Three days would give us about 40 tonnes of wood and we could run the gasifier all winter and have a surplus to sell at a premium as wood runs out.

The labourers would fell the wood, prepare and load it and the Mad Dogs would run security/scout the area to keep it safe.

How does that sound? It gives us fuel security and power security to go with the food security we have and it gives people more of what we seem to enjoy most, light infantry skirmishing.

If Fuse is happy to, we could even run a scouting mission when people are recovering/shopping/building for those who don't want to get involved in that. A short trip on the barge and a scout of a quiet wooded beach wouldn't take too long.

As usual though, it depends on what people would like to do, I'm happy to go another way.
Ferro
player, 825 posts
CaporaleMaggior (It)
Jinnysong
Sun 13 Aug 2017
at 18:47
  • msg #405

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I'm back in the game and have a lot of catching up to do but I like the scout expedition via boat idea. I'd do that.
Michael Kessler
player, 939 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sun 13 Aug 2017
at 18:48
  • msg #406

Re: OOC Thread - 16

We got some options from the Forest City people as well. Taking any of them on is an opportunity to further strengthen our ties to some of Gdansk's movers and shakers.

• They want someone to train their militia. Either us or the LoSA. Us doing it would probably initially be an instruction type situation, so people may not be overly keen on that but we could include to a scouting patrol as per Mark's suggestion - think of it as their end of course assessment. Or if people don't want to get involved in that we could hand the job over to the LoSA.
• There's an opportunity to send some NPC's / inactive PC's over to Forest City to boost their security while their militia is being trained
• They had mentioned sending a salvaging party down to Przejazdowo but implied they would need some security. Again, this is another variation on the scouting patrol.
Varis Babicevs
player, 1489 posts
Sgt (Latvia)
Raellus
Sun 13 Aug 2017
at 19:24
  • msg #407

Re: OOC Thread - 16


We can still help the 8th while helping Gdansk. We could raid the OPFOR to the east of the city, weakening them so that any Eight Ballers attempting to make their way west, out of Lithuania, have an easier time of it.

We can combine that with the woodcutting expedition too, taking the barge east.

-
Billy 'Crack' O'Brien
player, 1003 posts
Cpl (UK) Airborne
Cymon
Sun 13 Aug 2017
at 22:26
  • msg #408

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Varis Babicevs (msg # 407):

Wood cutting trip sounds like fun. Would we be to far from the red cross barge that we found run aground to take a look ? Looking back I think it is a fair clip away.
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2125 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Sun 13 Aug 2017
at 22:43
  • msg #409

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Wood cutting and scouting and clearing could be interesting.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2543 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Mon 14 Aug 2017
at 08:22
  • msg #410

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I think we can combine some of the elements together. Trying to do too many will leave us with a confused mission that risks failing all objectives.

1) We talk to Forest City and hire a group of labourers for work around the Rowing Club while people recover. We'll also need to hire a few specialists but I'll handle that with Fuse.
2) While the local work goes on and the injured recover, Kessler leads a barge-born scout east to find a good logging site east of Swbino. If that takes them close to the red cross barge they can check that out. Kessler's party would take some of eth Forest City militia with them for experience/training.
3) Once the site is located and scouted, we take the Forest City labourers and work experience militia to the site for a 2-3 day logging mission. I'm loathe to combine this with an assault as it might jeapordise the civilians we have along.
4) If that goes well we can look at doing similar for the salvage mission the Forest City people want to do.

So the next few day would look like:

1) Recovery/fixing vehicles and barge/liaising with Forest City/hiring building specalists. (One day)
2) Recovery/scouting for logging site/building on Rowing Club site. (Two days)
3) Planning mission/resting workers/preparations. (One day)
4) Mission: Travel: One day/Logging: Three days/ Travel: One day

That's just over a week and hopefully Auttenberg may have lined some instructors up for us and we can do an off-camera week training and then be able to offer the FC militia better training.

Does something like that sound OK?
Billy 'Crack' O'Brien
player, 1004 posts
Cpl (UK) Airborne
Cymon
Mon 14 Aug 2017
at 08:43
  • msg #411

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to John Jameson McCarthy (msg # 410):

Sounds good.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2544 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Mon 14 Aug 2017
at 09:16
  • msg #412

Re: OOC Thread - 16

If anyone has Amazon, they have a six episode show on called Comrade Detective. Channing Tatum does the dubbing but ignore that. It's an '80s show about a Rmanian Detective combating the evils of capitalism. The plot is very basic and the twist can be seen from episode one but it's interesting to see what the Communist Bloc looked like visually. It will be similar to TK2 but even more run down. Some of the propaganda is hilarious an I have a feeling the writers were subtly taking the piss out of their masters. Even if they aren't, some of the lines are laugh out loud:

"Look at her, she's dressed like a whore."

"She's an American capitalist, surely the word whore is unnecessary."
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2545 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Mon 14 Aug 2017
at 09:20
  • msg #413

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I've since discovered it's a spoof, I thought the production values were too high. It makes it a little less fun but still not a bad binge-watch.
Michael Kessler
player, 940 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Mon 14 Aug 2017
at 09:30
  • msg #414

Re: OOC Thread - 16

John Jameson McCarthy:
2) While the local work goes on and the injured recover, Kessler leads a barge-born scout east to find a good logging site east of Swbino. If that takes them close to the red cross barge they can check that out. Kessler's party would take some of eth Forest City militia with them for experience/training.

I’m away on holiday 01 September – 16 September, during which I won’t be able to post. I probably won’t be able to post much w/c Mon 28 August either as I need to make sure any pending work projects are ready to be handed off to someone else while I’m away. That’s three weeks I won’t really be around so probably better if someone else leads the patrol.
This message was last edited by the player at 09:46, Mon 14 Aug 2017.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2546 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Mon 14 Aug 2017
at 13:51
  • msg #415

Re: OOC Thread - 16

JJ and Kessler can switch. Andropov will stay back too so an active player wlll have oversight of the works.
Michael Kessler
player, 941 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Mon 14 Aug 2017
at 17:54
  • msg #416

Re: OOC Thread - 16

John Jameson McCarthy:
JJ and Kessler can switch.

That would probably be best if that's OK with you. I'd rather not get into a position where I'm playing a leader and I suddenly vanish for several weeks - in my experience that tends not to work too well for everyone else, especially as I know in advance I'm going to be away. I'm sure there's plenty of things Kessler can do off camera while I'm away.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2547 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Tue 15 Aug 2017
at 22:08
  • msg #417

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I'll get my head around a decent post first thing in the morning.
Ferro
player, 827 posts
CaporaleMaggior (It)
Jinnysong
Wed 16 Aug 2017
at 16:17
  • msg #418

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Dont meant to throw a wrench in the plan (I want to do it) but just pointing out something that might have been forgotten.
Michael Kessler
player, 942 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Wed 16 Aug 2017
at 18:34
  • msg #419

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I forgot about the ceasefire that's supposed to be in place east of the Vistula. We have invested time and effort trying to build a relationship with the Polish cavalry (which amongst other things meant we didn't have to fight our way through them to get back to the ferry with the fuel). I don't think it's worth jeopardising that if there are other areas the logging party can go.
Fusilier
GM, 5940 posts
Your Guide
Wed 16 Aug 2017
at 18:46
  • msg #420

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Just to help out, I figure there are 4 areas capable of logging expedition.

1) Hel Peninsula
2) Sobieszewo Territory
3) Unoccupied, but Malbork/Bajek's backyard
4) Eastern Peninsula

They all have pros and cons I guess.


This message was last edited by the GM at 18:48, Wed 16 Aug 2017.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2550 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Wed 16 Aug 2017
at 19:36
  • msg #421

Re: OOC Thread - 16

As Fuse suggests, Hel and further east are options too. Any preferences?
Michael Kessler
player, 943 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Wed 16 Aug 2017
at 19:42
  • msg #422

Re: OOC Thread - 16

East is closer to the Kaliningrad Oblast. Fairly sure we've had reports of Soviet fixed and rotary wing aircraft being based there (during the fuel mission a helo overflew us at one point and we were strafed by a fixed wing).

No clue about Hel - didn't you all go there once before, before I joined the game? Or am I getting mixed up?
Fusilier
GM, 5941 posts
Your Guide
Wed 16 Aug 2017
at 19:45
  • msg #423

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Hel was being used as a staging area for recovery efforts on an offshore wreck. That's over and done with so they (Enemy) should be gone by now.

There are no permanent residents there anymore, but the town is intact.

Fisherman use it as a seasonal base during longer trips out, or as a haven during unexpected storms, or for repairs. But it all on a temporary basis. It's otherwise uninhabited.
This message was last edited by the GM at 19:49, Wed 16 Aug 2017.
Michael Kessler
player, 944 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Wed 16 Aug 2017
at 19:47
  • msg #424

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Fusilier:
It's otherwise uninhibited.

Sounds like Varis' sort of place ;)
This message was last edited by the player at 19:47, Wed 16 Aug 2017.
Fusilier
GM, 5942 posts
Your Guide
Wed 16 Aug 2017
at 19:48
  • msg #425

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Ahhh phone autocorrect.

LOL
Ferro
player, 828 posts
CaporaleMaggior (It)
Jinnysong
Wed 16 Aug 2017
at 22:37
  • msg #426

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I forgot about the aircraft threat. I'm thinking Hel is the best option even more so now.
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2126 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Thu 17 Aug 2017
at 02:20
  • msg #427

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Ferro:
I forgot about the aircraft threat. I'm thinking Hel is the best option even more so now.

I would agree, we're not up to stopping aircraft at this time
Michael Kessler
player, 945 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Thu 17 Aug 2017
at 08:20
  • msg #428

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Hel gets my vote.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2551 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Thu 17 Aug 2017
at 09:29
  • msg #429

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I like Hel too. Let's go to Hel.
Billy 'Crack' O'Brien
player, 1005 posts
Cpl (UK) Airborne
Cymon
Thu 17 Aug 2017
at 09:39
  • msg #430

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to John Jameson McCarthy (msg # 429):

Agreed. May even be some shelter....
Michael Kessler
player, 946 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Thu 17 Aug 2017
at 10:44
  • msg #431

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I think you should give the barge the callsign ‘Bat’.

Then on the way back it would be the Bat out of Hel.
Fusilier
GM, 5943 posts
Your Guide
Thu 17 Aug 2017
at 18:02
  • msg #432

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I'll be working on the turn as soon as these issues are covered.

1) Are any FC militia coming for OTJ training?

2) What time are you departing?
(Valeska would like to depart Gdansk at 0400hrs but won't put up a fight about it)

3) What prep is to be done to boat?

4) What PCs are going?

5) What special equipment/supplies are going?

6) Any other arrangements before the barge sets sail?
This message was last edited by the GM at 18:03, Thu 17 Aug 2017.
Charles 'Charlie' Price
player, 72 posts
Callsign 'Dominion'
Spartan-117
Thu 17 Aug 2017
at 20:14
  • msg #433

Re: OOC Thread - 16

My suggestions for things to carry on the boat:

Axes/Hatches to Cut Wood
Ice Saws, Fishing Gear, Traps and Snares for Food Acquisition
Tents and Wood Stoves to heat them
Everyone has thermals, parkas, winter boots, sleeping bags, etc.
Snow Shoes, Skiis, Sleds if we can get them

Basically - everything we need to survive getting marooned/stranded during the winter.  You know, like I carry around in my Honda Fit whenever I leave Warsaw six months out of the year... lolz
Michael Kessler
player, 947 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Thu 17 Aug 2017
at 20:53
  • msg #434

Re: OOC Thread - 16

You could take bikes. They might be useful for scouting (weather permitting). Although I do recall a friend of mine who has knowledge of such things saying that you'd be lucky to carry a basic webbing load and rifle while riding a bike.

In terms of my characters I'll try to post IC tomorrow but in the event Fuse wants to move things forward before then

Kessler: not going
Riedel: I figure the medic probably should go
Walsh: Happy for him to go if Fuse is OK with multiple NPC's to deal with. If you want to keep the number of NPC's down he can stay behind.
This message was last edited by the player at 21:39, Thu 17 Aug 2017.
Michael Kessler
player, 948 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Thu 17 Aug 2017
at 20:58
  • msg #435

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Oh, and in terms of the Militia I think it would be good to take a few (although I refer to my comments about shed loads of NPC's)

0400 start is fine but I've no objections if others want to change that.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2553 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Fri 18 Aug 2017
at 08:14
  • msg #436

Re: OOC Thread - 16

1) Are any FC militia coming for OTJ training?
I think it's a good opportunity but I'd rather not handle more than four on a first time.

 2) What time are you departing?
(Valeska would like to depart Gdansk at 0400hrs but won't put up a fight about it)
0400 is fine.
 3) What prep is to be done to boat?
If we have tarps, we can make a shelter in the hold and take one of the stoves if it gets too cold.

 4) What PCs are going?
Chip in on this list, so far we have:
JJ
Reidel

Those not going are:
Kessler
Per
Other injured?

Basically I imagine everyone's coming but the injured and Kessler. If you don't want to come, say.

 5) What special equipment/supplies are going?
As much winter gear as we have
Excavation tools (in case we need to prep a shelter)
Carl Gustav
Dushka on deck
3 days rations in packs
One week rations on board (just in case: this is a scouting mission which will be short: hopefully)

Anything else?

 6) Any other arrangements before the barge sets sail?
There are thing we don't have, but if the FC have any of the following we could borrow:
Tents
Small stoves
Straw pallets/ground insulation when sleeping

Can anyone think of anything else?
Michael Kessler
player, 949 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Fri 18 Aug 2017
at 08:39
  • msg #437

Re: OOC Thread - 16

John Jameson McCarthy:
4) What PCs are going?
 Chip in on this list, so far we have:
 JJ
 Reidel

 Those not going are:
 Kessler
 Per
 Other injured?

 Basically I imagine everyone's coming but the injured and Kessler. If you don't want to come, say.

Price confirmed he was going and Fischer confirmed he wasn’t going (both in the IC thread). Walsh and Riedel will need to be NPC’d for a couple of weeks.

I think only other injured PC is Lines, who I presume will be staying. Is Andropov staying or going? (Didn’t you mention at one point him staying to supervise the works?)

I presume all of the NPC’s will be staying unless specifically stated otherwise (is Anna going with McCarthy?)
Billy 'Crack' O'Brien
player, 1006 posts
Cpl (UK) Airborne
Cymon
Fri 18 Aug 2017
at 08:48
  • msg #438

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to John Jameson McCarthy (msg # 436):

Billy will go.
Tomasz Andropov
player, 97 posts
Pvt (USSR) Mechanic
Mark101
Fri 18 Aug 2017
at 09:12
  • msg #439

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Andropov will need to stay.

Anna will come I think.
Michael Kessler
player, 950 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Fri 18 Aug 2017
at 11:42
  • msg #440

Re: OOC Thread - 16

More random thoughts (sorry, I’m doing this as and when work permits)

John Jameson McCarthy:
5) What special equipment/supplies are going?
As much winter gear as we have
Excavation tools (in case we need to prep a shelter)
Carl Gustav
Dushka on deck
3 days rations in packs
One week rations on board (just in case: this is a scouting mission which will be short: hopefully)

Anything else?

 6) Any other arrangements before the barge sets sail?
There are thing we don't have, but if the FC have any of the following we could borrow:
Tents
Small stoves
Straw pallets/ground insulation when sleeping

Can anyone think of anything else?

There’s 2 x 4 man tents in stores so that might solve having to scrounge tents (also 2 x sets of overwhites).

Might be worth taking the AN/PRC-77 Manpack Radio if it has enough range to reach Gdansk. That way both groups can stay in touch.

Also, what about taking something that can be traded just in case there are people there and they have anything worth trading for? Maybe Ammo and / or food, both of which would probably be valuable to anyone living there. Or some of the furs. Riedel can also do a clinic, although medical supplies are going to be limited.

Are we leaving rucksacks aboard the barge and sticking to patrol packs to keep encumberance down when we go ashore?
Ferro
player, 829 posts
CaporaleMaggior (It)
Jinnysong
Fri 18 Aug 2017
at 18:08
  • msg #441

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Ferro is going.

Here are my suggestions for the camp.

Cookware & kettle
Zodiac & Motor (Ferro will make sure the fuel tank is full)
Rope, 11mm/meter
Large Camouflage Netting
Parachute, white
Signal (Rocket) Flares
IR NODLR System

Do we even have lumber tools though? I see one axe. If we are getting many tons of wood what's our solution to that?
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2554 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Fri 18 Aug 2017
at 18:17
  • msg #442

Re: OOC Thread - 16

When the scouting party is out, one of Andropov's jobs will be to secure enough logging tools, via Kamineski if necessary. The other ideas are all good too.
Ferro
player, 830 posts
CaporaleMaggior (It)
Jinnysong
Fri 18 Aug 2017
at 18:24
  • msg #443

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Right. This is just a scouting mission first, right? The lumber expedition doesn't happen until after they return. Is that correct?
Michael Kessler
player, 952 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Fri 18 Aug 2017
at 18:26
  • msg #444

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I don't want to put a spanner in the works, but would it not be better to make sure we have logging tools before the scouting party goes anywhere? I mean, if we can't source them that kind of renders the whole exercise pointless. Presumably all we'd need to do is delay departure by one game day to give Kaminski and Andropov a chance to do a shopping trip. If we do it off camera it doesn't affect anything at all. It would also give us a chance to get anything else we might need.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2555 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Fri 18 Aug 2017
at 18:43
  • msg #445

Re: OOC Thread - 16

That's fine too, there's no problem putting the timetable back, it'll just mean the loggers get more days off between finishing the compound work and going logging.
Per Kolstrup
player, 512 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Fri 18 Aug 2017
at 22:48
  • msg #446

Re: OOC Thread - 16


Per is a essentially a scout by trade and is good with boats and such. I nominate him to go on the scout. Varis is fine lazing about camp.

-
Fusilier
GM, 5944 posts
Your Guide
Sat 19 Aug 2017
at 00:46
  • msg #447

Re: OOC Thread - 16

You guys don't have a map of the peninsula, so I'm limiting the detail and scale to this size.

I put everyone ashore and assuming that's ok to go ahead with, I just need to know if you landed your non-personal stores with you. My understanding is that it will be used for a camp during the logging expedition and not during the recce being conducted now.

And what direction you are heading, of course?


This message was last edited by the GM at 00:49, Sat 19 Aug 2017.
Fusilier
GM, 5946 posts
Your Guide
Sat 19 Aug 2017
at 01:12
  • msg #448

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Embedded Forest City Militia:

1. Leon, male, 21, armed with AKM rifle. The leader of the group. Deserter (Ex-Polish Army) with only one year service history. Fit.

2. Palwik (Paul), male, 33, armed with scoped hunting rifle. Translator of the group. Welder by trade, now manages Forest City's greenhouse maintenance. Fought briefly as Home Army partisan during part of the war.

3. Dana, female, 19, armed with AKM rifle. Raises chickens in Forest City. No military history. Underweight, but not enough to impede typical military fieldcraft.

4. Marin, male, 44, armed with pump-action shotgun. Hunter, outdoorsman, nature enthusiast, environmentalist, sketch artist. Soft spoken and friendly. Grows mushrooms for Forest City, including the recreational mind-altering type.
This message was last edited by the GM at 15:05, Sat 19 Aug 2017.
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2129 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Sat 19 Aug 2017
at 07:29
  • msg #449

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Scouting is right up Frank's alley.  Count him in for this.
Michael Kessler
player, 953 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sat 19 Aug 2017
at 07:36
  • msg #450

Re: OOC Thread - 16

@Rae, Riedel will give Kolstrup 1 x PMK before they leave (@Fuse, I've deducted that from Riedel's sheet).

As Walsh doesn't have a personal radio and Babicevs is staying behind will Babicevs loan Walsh his radio?
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2556 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Sat 19 Aug 2017
at 10:32
  • msg #451

Re: OOC Thread - 16

JJ will carry the long range radio, Wash can have his short range radio in case Varis goes shopping.
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2130 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Wed 23 Aug 2017
at 17:09
  • msg #452

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Timing hasn't been good for me this past week.  I have extra work, company and a wedding this weekend.  Will try to get a post up soon.

John
Fusilier
GM, 5948 posts
Your Guide
Thu 24 Aug 2017
at 05:21
  • msg #453

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I'm not going to play out what's happening back in Gdansk, but based on activity going on there, this is the summary... which will actually conclude at the game-day's end.




1. Check all of our kit to make sure nothing has been taken (that can be delegated to Babicevs and Aleksandr)

There hasn't been routine/thorough record keeping of all stores, but the ration situation seems a little thinner than what may have been expected. Katarzyna Majchrzak, who is essentially the Mad Dogs cook, agrees. Then again, there are more mouths to feed lately, so that may be a factor.

Something feels missing from the luxuries too, some tobacco perhaps. Again though, you aren't sure.

Investigating a little further, Kaminski informs you that the thieving appears to affect items outside more than than indoors. For example, some batteries that were in the workshop are clearly missing without explanation. He also thinks his share of the diesel (kept separate from yours) is being nicked a little each day, but that is more likely a product of his paranoia.





2. Presuming the scouting part did take a radio with sufficient range, establish a schedule for the two groups to check in with each other (every four hours seems reasonable). I'm presuming those at the compound can use the BTR's radio.

No radio contact has been established. The distance is beyond the rated range of the radios. Technically there is a way to extend McCarthy's radio tenfold (or more) without using an amplifier, but the set has to be stationary and some items needed for it are not present.





3. I think we still need to take care of our routine shopping. I'd suggest  that's delegated to Andropov, Aleksandr, and Kaminski  (or Fischer if Kaminski doesn't want to go).

Items Available (anything not listed wasn't found):

The electronics guy you greased can get you two radios. Another American AN/PRC-77 set and German SEM-2. The manpack only has the short whip antenna and comes with no rigging (to carry it on a person). Approx Value 600 & 300 respectively. Also, he has no NVGs but knows of an American ex-serviceman pawning off all of his gear (quitting soldiering) and it includes a starlight scope. Approx Value 900 + 100 finders fee.

Grenades, Sikora Armaments has resumed limited production and sale of grenades. Select militias have first pick, but the Mad Dogs can hope to get up to:
6x 40mmN HE @ 9 Value Ea.
15x Hand Grenades @ 5 Value Ea.
150x 30mm AGS Type @ 4 Value Ea.

A US PASGT helmet was found and rates 75 Approx Value.
A good fighting knife was found and rates 50 Approx Value.

Tools...

Locating so many needed to employ two "finders" who specialize in tracking down items either at the market or local workshops.

Mission Specific:
- Wood/lopping axes + splitting mauls 15x @ 45 Value Ea.
- Bow saws 4x @ 60 Value Ea.
- Rope Kaminski offers up more than enough
- A Frame Kaminski has a spare one in the workshop used for lifting heavy items
- Work gloves x20 pairs @ 20 Value Ea.
- Construction tools (set) x3 @ 550 Value Ea.
- Excavation tools (set) x4 @ 325 Value Ea.
- Basic tools (set) x2 @ 210 Value Ea.
- Power hand tools (set) x1 @ 550 Value Ea.
- Thermos flask x10 @ 5 Value Ea.

Non-mission specific:
- Wheeled vehicle tools (set) x1 @ 600 Value Ea.
- Damaged/Partial AKM Rifles x5 @ 50 Value Ea.
- Damaged/Partial RPK Auto-rifles x2 @ 60 Value Ea.
- Preserves (Jar) x25 @ $11 Value Ea.
- Booze (Bottles) x10 @ 11 Value Ea.

TOTAL: 9400
+ 2600 added costs (quick purchase, finders fees, etc...)
- 1000 bonus for paying in gold
= 11,000 FINAL COST

Note, the final cost includes the starlight scope, so you'll need to confirm whether you wanted it in lieu of night vision goggles.
This message was last edited by the GM at 05:21, Thu 24 Aug 2017.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2558 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Thu 24 Aug 2017
at 14:35
  • msg #454

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Assuming we can fell larch about 25cm across and four meters high, each log will weigh about 200kgs. For our target we need 200 logs plus. That's a hell of a lot of carrying if we aren't as close to the water as possible. I'd guess that we'd need five men to a log, 2 if we can roll them.

If we can roll, that's 20 trips for each logger on top of felling so the gun emplacements looks to be the best bet because proximity to the coast is the key priority. The longer we're there the more security and shelter will be compromised.

I'd suggest we either check the gun emplacements out again or spend more time looking for a better location on the coast. The problem with that is that we'll be stuck on Hel for 12 hours until the next high tide.

What do people think?
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2559 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Thu 24 Aug 2017
at 14:36
  • msg #455

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Didn't say my preference.

I'd go with staying and checking more.
Chris Walsh
player, 129 posts
Callsign Hades
Thu 24 Aug 2017
at 14:57
  • msg #456

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I’m fine with staying longer and the gun emplacement appears to be the best of the four positions we’ve scouted so far.

I’d prefer to find out if anyone else is in the area if possible. Maybe we can split, send one group down to have a look at Hel, see if there’s any signs of life there, while the other group takes a closer look at the gun emplacement?
Ferro
player, 832 posts
CaporaleMaggior (It)
Jinnysong
Thu 24 Aug 2017
at 18:41
  • msg #457

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Out of the four the emplacements is best as far as I see it. We can cut but don't have the resources to move lumber very much. That should be priority I think.
This message was last edited by the player at 18:41, Thu 24 Aug 2017.
Chris Walsh
player, 130 posts
Callsign Hades
Thu 24 Aug 2017
at 18:47
  • msg #458

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Maybe some of us should look at the abandoned trucks at the southern barracks to see if they can be of any use?
Ferro
player, 833 posts
CaporaleMaggior (It)
Jinnysong
Thu 24 Aug 2017
at 18:54
  • msg #459

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Chris Walsh (msg # 458):

That's a good idea. They may just be abandoned and not damaged. Though if they have been sitting there for 3 years it might take more time and work. Can we afford that?
Chris Walsh
player, 131 posts
Callsign Hades
Thu 24 Aug 2017
at 19:04
  • msg #460

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Ferro (msg # 459):

Probably no harm in having a look, Maybe if we can work out what's needed to get one of them going again we can bring the parts with us when we come back with the loggers.

Another option might be if there are any abandoned railway wagons sitting anywhere.
Ferro
player, 834 posts
CaporaleMaggior (It)
Jinnysong
Thu 24 Aug 2017
at 19:07
  • msg #461

Re: OOC Thread - 16

So then 1 hour to recheck Rifle Range and stay? Or check the Rifle Range and depart? We could get marooned but probably best to stay yeah? Since we came all this way?
Chris Walsh
player, 132 posts
Callsign Hades
Thu 24 Aug 2017
at 19:35
  • msg #462

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Ferro (msg # 461):

I think best to stay. We packed for a couple of days and it would seem pretty pointless to have come all this way for a quick look around then leave. Especially as we plan to come back later with non combatants. We need to make sure - or at least as sure as we can - that we won't run into any nasty surprises later.
Michael Kessler
player, 955 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Thu 24 Aug 2017
at 19:48
  • msg #463

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In other matters....shopping.

@All, does anyone have any objections to doing a deal for everything on offer, including the starlight scope?

@Fuse, a couple of questions

1. What's the cash value of the remaining gold bullets?

2. What's the state of play re: the AGS 30? I seem to recall the mount it was fixed to on the Iltis got busted. Does it have an integral tripod and / or can the mount on the Iltis be repaired?

If no one voices any objections over the next day I'll presume you're all OK with buying everything on offer using a mix of gold and diesel as payment. If you want to use something other than diesel / gold please say what as we obviously can't get a valuation for every item in our current inventory.
Fusilier
GM, 5949 posts
Your Guide
Thu 24 Aug 2017
at 20:25
  • msg #464

Re: OOC Thread - 16

1) 1 gram is roughly $20 equivalent (though that fluctuates greatly). Counting the bullets only (and no other gold in store) you have 2.025kg or about $40,000. Each bullet is worth about 1500.

So paying $11,000 requires 8 bullets.

Paying with gold gets you a better bargain than trading with goods.

2) The AGS mount is scratched off because part of it was stripped to use with an adapter (a PACT weapon and NATO mount don't otherwise fit). The PACT mount was thus rendered useless. In the end the part that was used with the ILTIS/NATO mount was written off. Thus the AGS had nothing left to be mounted on.

So, you need a new PACT medium mount, or at least the part that's missing from your otherwise useless mount in stores. Nobody would be selling just a part, so the latter option only applies if you salvage a mount on your own. Mounts aren't expensive though so probably easier just to buy a whole new one.

Regarding the ILTIS though, I don't think it's good a weapons platform. It's small, cramped, and just not made for it. I'd recommend ditching the makeshift MG mount in the front, which never did fit and is problematic. Move the MG to the rollbar. The AGS can be assigned elsewhere. Just my own thoughts. Firing the AGS on a rollbar pintle mount feels like you'll see more misses than hits.
This message was last edited by the GM at 20:30, Thu 24 Aug 2017.
Michael Kessler
player, 956 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Thu 24 Aug 2017
at 20:44
  • msg #465

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Cheers...as the gold is more than enough to cover it (and probably more easily explained than the diesel) I think it's best if we do the whole trade in gold unless anyone objects.
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2131 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Fri 25 Aug 2017
at 03:05
  • msg #466

Re: OOC Thread - 16

John Jameson McCarthy:
Didn't say my preference.

I'd go with staying and checking more.

Agreed
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2560 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Fri 25 Aug 2017
at 07:36
  • msg #467

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Making the purchases with gold is great.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2561 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Fri 25 Aug 2017
at 07:47
  • msg #468

Re: OOC Thread - 16

If we're staying until the next tide, we can do several things as it'll be about twelve hours. I suggest:

1) Keep moving south to the outskirts of Hel.
1A) If people think it is sensible: Get eyes on the harbour and see if there's a clear way to the pill in case we need to be extracted before high tide
2) Come back to the artillery emplacements along the southern coast to see if there's a better site.
2A) If there is a better site, investigate it.
3) Revisit the trucks: I'm dubious about getting them working as we'll have to get them back to Gdansk by road and through enemy territory. They might be good for salvage or they might be too good an opportunity to miss, so it's worth checking them out. As advance warning, I've see what abandoned cars look like after a couple of years exposed to sea air, it's not pretty.
4) After checking out the trucks we do a loop patrol back to the artillery site and start looking at what we'd need to make it bare minimum inhabitable for three says.

That should fill our time even if we don't trigger an encounter.

We could do more if we split up but I'm reluctant to divide our force when our arses are this far out in the wind.

Any thoughts before I post? I'd especially like feedback on the harbour element as I'm the most dubious about that as an option.
Billy 'Crack' O'Brien
player, 1008 posts
Cpl (UK) Airborne
Cymon
Fri 25 Aug 2017
at 07:53
  • msg #469

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to John Jameson McCarthy (msg # 468):

Once we have eyes on Hel we can go from there, either to the harbour or if it looks to much of a risk we can withdraw. Looks good as a plan.
Chris Walsh
player, 133 posts
Callsign Hades
Fri 25 Aug 2017
at 08:06
  • msg #470

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to John Jameson McCarthy (msg # 468):

I’m fine with having a look at the harbour. I think we have to get some idea as to whether it’s occupied or not before we come back with the loggers.

Re the trucks, I wasn’t so much thinking about getting them working. It was more a case of looking at them to see if there’s any way that what is there can assist with the logging operation. For example there might be a trailer that can be loaded with tools then towed by hand. That said, if we can cannibalise them so that even one of them can be made operational, even for an hour or so again that would help enormously with the logging. But driving them back to Gdansk was never my intent.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2562 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Fri 25 Aug 2017
at 09:33
  • msg #471

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Sorry, I hadn't thought of that.

It's a great idea if we can get one to work as it'll mean we can select from all the sites. If we can't, the trucks may still be of some use.
Michael Kessler
player, 958 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Fri 25 Aug 2017
at 12:08
  • msg #472

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Fuse, let's go ahead with the trade - eight gold bullets for everything listed including the starlight scope.
Fusilier
GM, 5952 posts
Your Guide
Mon 28 Aug 2017
at 19:09
  • msg #473

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Turn is up.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2564 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Tue 29 Aug 2017
at 07:19
  • msg #474

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I think we're going to have to resolve this contact before anything else. Hopefully it'll lead to information about the area that can help us. Probably it's a demented hermit.

After that, is there any reason to check anything out here bearing in mind that we'll be coming back for three days and we'll be patrolling a lot. There'll be time to search/scavenge then.

Other that that I propose we talk to the stranger if we can, if he runs we'll need to secure him. If any information he gives is interesting we follow it up otherwise we hug the coast back to the artillery emplacement to see if there's a better site. Once there, we'll return to check the trucks.

Unless someone has other ideas, and I'm happy to change this, I'll post later, it'll be fairly soon as the next action: securing and speaking with the civilian, seems a no brainer and will require a GM turn before we make a decision about where we move next anyway.
Billy 'Crack' O'Brien
player, 1009 posts
Cpl (UK) Airborne
Cymon
Tue 29 Aug 2017
at 07:33
  • msg #475

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to John Jameson McCarthy (msg # 474):

I was thinking an investigate of the boat covered by the tarp could be completed quite quickly.
Chris Walsh
player, 135 posts
Callsign Hades
Tue 29 Aug 2017
at 07:45
  • msg #476

Re: OOC Thread - 16

The vibe I’m getting is that the village is at least partly occupied. It might be an idea to try and find out if that is the case and if so how they might react if a group of strangers turns up and just start helping themselves to ‘their’ resources (the logs). It might avoid a confrontation further down the line. Sure, if we get into a firefight with them we’d likely have superior weapons / numbers but do we want to be shooting at villagers over a few trees when a bit of negotiation might avert it? So I do think we need to dig a bit deeper into what’s in the village. Maybe the local dude can help with that, so I definitely think he should be approached. I'd try and avoid securing him if at all possible. Hearts and minds and all that.

I also think walking uninvited into someone’s backyard to have a look at their boat has the potential to spark a confrontation. For all we know there’s a guy with a Dragunov skulking around somewhere and he’s got one of us in his crosshairs. And my character doesn’t have a helmet.
Billy 'Crack' O'Brien
player, 1010 posts
Cpl (UK) Airborne
Cymon
Tue 29 Aug 2017
at 08:34
  • msg #477

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Chris Walsh (msg # 476):

Yes my suggestion was working on the premise that the village was unoccupied and we ascertain that first.
This message was last edited by the player at 09:16, Tue 29 Aug 2017.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2565 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Tue 29 Aug 2017
at 08:50
  • msg #478

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Yes, the boat is definitely interesting and I'd considered that since the place has been fought over several times that it was a new addition.

We'd assumed the peninsula was unoccupied but if it has locals we will have to negotiate logging rights, shouldn't be too much of a problem, but as it is we're nearing the break-even point of the mission. If it costs too much we would be better off buying the wood at inflated prices, assuming we can get it.

That said, Hel has a lot of trees and we're talking about three acres out of thousands, that should mean that if there are locals we can negotiate a price that's pretty cheap. After all, they have plenty of wood and we can trade them goods they can't get.

We'll have to see though, people rarely make sense in my experience.
Fusilier
GM, 5955 posts
Your Guide
Wed 30 Aug 2017
at 05:48
  • msg #479

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Walsh is going to have to act as translator for McCarthy. Dave is away on holiday though, so assume Walsh is doing so as the need arises.
Chris Walsh
player, 137 posts
Callsign Hades
Wed 30 Aug 2017
at 06:23
  • msg #480

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I thought Ferro, Benucci, and O'Brien were now at a different location to McCarthy's group?
Billy 'Crack' O'Brien
player, 1012 posts
Cpl (UK) Airborne
Cymon
Wed 30 Aug 2017
at 07:12
  • msg #481

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Chris Walsh (msg # 480):

Yep, will update now.
Fusilier
GM, 5959 posts
Your Guide
Sat 2 Sep 2017
at 16:02
  • msg #482

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Your next turn can cover a couple hours worth of time if necessary. There aren't any encounters going to happen. I suspect your recce is done now? If not that's ok, but I'd like to have an idea of your next moves and maybe a decision made on the possible logging sites.

Aside from the Russian speaking fellow there are no recent indications of habitation seen.
This message was last edited by the GM at 16:05, Sat 02 Sept 2017.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2569 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Sat 2 Sep 2017
at 16:46
  • msg #483

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I'm going to post the following:

1) Up to coast to the artillery site to see if there's a better housing option
2) Better check of artillery site
3) Return to the trucks

Does that sound OK?

Do you want to check the boat or leave it for a clearing patrol when we're logging?
Ferro
player, 838 posts
CaporaleMaggior (It)
Jinnysong
Sun 3 Sep 2017
at 02:39
  • msg #484

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Leave the boat for now or ever. We have no means to move it to the water anyways.
Varis Babicevs
player, 1492 posts
Sgt (Latvia)
Raellus
Wed 6 Sep 2017
at 00:31
  • msg #485

Re: OOC Thread - 16


Thanks to Spartan-117, I was able to add some details and make some corrections to my descriptions of Malbork castle in the Rook's Gambit adventure module. It also has a new, more T2K-ish cover. If you've already bought Rook's Gambit, the updated version should be available to download free of charge.

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/pr...7s+&test_epoch=0

-
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2137 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Wed 6 Sep 2017
at 02:12
  • msg #486

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Varis Babicevs (msg # 485):

I plan on getting it soon once I get some spare hours from my jobs.  Looking forward to adding it to my collection!

Any notable characters in it?
Varis Babicevs
player, 1493 posts
Sgt (Latvia)
Raellus
Fri 8 Sep 2017
at 01:09
  • msg #487

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Francis 'Frank' Benucci (msg # 486):

I slipped in the crazy castellan from the short-lived Vistula Cruise relaunch but Damien the River Pimp wouldn't fly. I wasn't allowed to include a mistress NPC, even though there are other mistress characters in the published modules from the 1980s- it's probably for the best, because I replaced her with a more empowered female NPC.

-
Varis Babicevs
player, 1494 posts
Sgt (Latvia)
Raellus
Fri 8 Sep 2017
at 01:10
  • msg #488

Re: OOC Thread - 16


I'm sorry that I've been AWOL. I hope to be more involved again, presently.

Any news on the sting operation at Kaminski's?

-
Fusilier
GM, 5962 posts
Your Guide
Fri 8 Sep 2017
at 22:14
  • msg #489

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Varis Babicevs (msg # 488):

Nothing yet. You might have to wait a bit until that something comes of it. It's been on the back burner for a while, just waiting for the right time.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2574 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Sat 9 Sep 2017
at 08:59
  • msg #490

Re: OOC Thread - 16

School's back and I have a National Final I'm plying in next week so if I have missed details, I'm sorry.

Kolstrup: Point

  Fire Team 1:
  Czerny: Commander
  Price
  Walsh
  Dana
  Palwik

  Command:
  JJ: Radio Commander
  Reidel: Medic
  Anna: Security

  FT 2:
  Ferro: Commander
  O'Brien
  Bennuci: Machine-gunner
  Leon: Assistant M-gunner
  Marik: Drag

These are the taskings I'm referring to minus the Forest City people. Per can tag along wherever he sees fit and anyone who stayed behind can join whichever group they want to.

I'd suggest keeping shopping items to mission vital as Fuse is keen to get everything don in one post.

I'd also appreciate feedback on how we run security when we're on Hel.
Fusilier
GM, 5963 posts
Your Guide
Sat 9 Sep 2017
at 20:17
  • msg #491

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Ferro:
Fuse the rations list 80 man days in the total but a count of the inventory shows 110. I assume the 110 is the correct number?


Yeah, it's 110. I forgot to adjust the totals when the inventory was last changed.

It's now all up to date.
This message was last edited by the GM at 20:18, Sat 09 Sept 2017.
Per Kolstrup
player, 516 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Sat 9 Sep 2017
at 20:31
  • msg #492

Re: OOC Thread - 16


I don't expect we'd catch much, but could be string some drag lines  or a net or something from Valeska's boat and do a little fishing on the way to Hel?

-
Fusilier
GM, 5964 posts
Your Guide
Sat 9 Sep 2017
at 20:32
  • msg #493

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Regarding manpower, here is the break down:

ASSIGNED LOGGING SECURITY:
Jancek
Walsh
Price
McCarthy
Riedel
Anna
Benucci
O'Brien
Ferro
Kolstrup
Andropov
Kessler (I put him in here because Dave will be back from holiday in a few days)

UNASSIGNED/COMPOUND SECURITY:
Varis
Lines
Aleksandar
Krupp
Janku
Fischer
Majchrzak (non-combatant)

ABSENT (CONTRACT WORK):
Fox
Meyer
Kaczka
Auttenberg
Cooper
Fusilier
GM, 5965 posts
Your Guide
Sat 9 Sep 2017
at 20:38
  • msg #494

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Per Kolstrup:
I don't expect we'd catch much, but could be string some drag lines  or a net or something from Valeska's boat and do a little fishing on the way to Hel?

-


That is a good idea, but here is an excerpt from the next turn (which is basically already done)...

"The bearded occupants looked to to heading for the Baltic fishing grounds as well. "Early risers." Valeska noted, carrying a bin of wood pellets aboard. "Fish men usually leave one hour to sun comes up." She then assured the Mad Dogs the League knew her boat and wouldn't mess with them. "As long as we not taking fish in League waters they will not bother us." Soon the barge was heading downstream for the mouth of the river where it would meet the open sea."

If Valeska heard of Kolstrup's idea she would say it might be wise not to. That doesn't mean you can't, or that it will be seen if you do, but just that it comes with a risk. Just like in today's world of turf wars over fishing grounds.
This message was last edited by the GM at 20:40, Sat 09 Sept 2017.
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2139 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Sun 10 Sep 2017
at 01:37
  • msg #495

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Where do we plan on using the MG's?  Should Frank bring more guns?

What about the issue of communication between team members?
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2140 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Mon 11 Sep 2017
at 14:21
  • msg #496

Re: OOC Thread - 16

What kind of assets are we putting up in the lighthouse?  MG crew or DM team?
Ferro
player, 841 posts
CaporaleMaggior (It)
Jinnysong
Mon 11 Sep 2017
at 14:32
  • msg #497

Re: OOC Thread - 16

My suggestion was for the NODLR because (as I understand it) it is a vantage point that can see all sea approaches. It doesn't help for land security but at least if a boat comes we will know.

My guess is it is too far for any weapons to be of practical use but that's only a guess.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2575 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Mon 11 Sep 2017
at 17:21
  • msg #498

Re: OOC Thread - 16

The barge can stay off shore at night, would it have to have more people?

As for the lookout point, I think the NOLDOR in the lighthouse is a good idea. We'll also use the starlight scope up there. I think a 2 person team with no heavy weapons.

As for MGs, I'd imagine we set up a position for the night for the MG as well as keeping hold of it during the day to provide extra fire if we need to.

Food: I though we had enough to cover the mission. If we don't we'll need to buy more.
Fusilier
GM, 5966 posts
Your Guide
Mon 11 Sep 2017
at 18:51
  • msg #499

Re: OOC Thread - 16

It doesn't have to.
Fusilier
GM, 5968 posts
Your Guide
Tue 12 Sep 2017
at 18:17
  • msg #500

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Traded for food, some warm clothing, and a crane, details to follow.

Ground insulation was scrounged, details to follow.

Vehicle parts (that can't be cannibalized on site) came from the compound.
Ferro
player, 842 posts
CaporaleMaggior (It)
Jinnysong
Wed 13 Sep 2017
at 01:33
  • msg #501

Re: OOC Thread - 16

"When we leave for Hel all active personnel will come."

We are going to need to slot people into the Fire Teams and ID the two guys being sent for OP/NODLR duty.

These people aren't in the established teams:
Varis
Lines
Aleksandar
Janku
Fischer

Aleksandar and Janku make the most sense since they are NPCs.
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2141 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Wed 13 Sep 2017
at 09:57
  • msg #502

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I'm on the range again this week and have to work my 2nd job again tonight so, I won't be able to post until tomorrow (Thursday night).

Also, unless I missed the post, there's still an issue of communication between some of the group that doesn't speak Polish (or English for that matter and not so good by that NPC's own admission) that hasn't been addressed?
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2577 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Wed 13 Sep 2017
at 11:46
  • msg #503

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I agree about the OP but I'd like the other people with the HQ team. That way there's always about 8 of us or more protecting the loggers.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2578 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Wed 13 Sep 2017
at 11:47
  • msg #504

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Francis 'Frank' Benucci (msg # 502):

I didn't address that because Fuse's post said the scouts had gone home. If they aren't accompanying us on the mission, it's something I can sort out when I have more time in real life.
Fusilier
GM, 5969 posts
Your Guide
Thu 14 Sep 2017
at 03:16
  • msg #505

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I think I may have misunderstood. We're you all planning on taking those Forest City militia along for the logging expedition as well? Or was it just for the recce portion?
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2579 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Thu 14 Sep 2017
at 09:30
  • msg #506

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I'd assumed both, but then they went home.

If they come back, JJ will use his Polish on the boat trip to teach them NATO hand signals. They'll have to do for now. I'd hoped we could have had some language training by now, but nobody seemed keen to play it out so it didn't happen.
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2142 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Thu 14 Sep 2017
at 09:47
  • msg #507

Re: OOC Thread - 16

John Jameson McCarthy:
I'd assumed both, but then they went home.

If they come back, JJ will use his Polish on the boat trip to teach them NATO hand signals. They'll have to do for now. I'd hoped we could have had some language training by now, but nobody seemed keen to play it out so it didn't happen.

Sorry I missed that
Fusilier
GM, 5970 posts
Your Guide
Sat 16 Sep 2017
at 05:45
  • msg #508

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Dave is back so I'll give him time to post, but the next turn will cover 2 days (the rest of the current game day and one logging day). That means anything you want to get done (not already mentioned) during the next 2 days needs to be said before this turn ends.
This message was last edited by the GM at 05:46, Sat 16 Sept 2017.
Michael Kessler
player, 962 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sat 16 Sep 2017
at 09:35
  • msg #509

Re: OOC Thread - 16

OK, post up for Kessler. He'll slot in to fire team 1 replacing Czerny as fire team leader. @Rae, I'm fine with Kolstrup taking overall operational command of the patrol but if you'd rather not Kessler can do that - your call.

By my count that makes the patrol

Kolstrup
Kessler
Walsh
Price
Czerny

I've tried to catch up as much as I can but I'm not 100% clear as to the geography of the peninsula. I think we have landed north of the village and it has already been scouted, in which case it probably makes more sense to send a patrol north but if that doesn't work for any reason we can go south. Either way I'd like to maximise daylight hours.

I'm also no clearer than anyone else as to whether we have any Forest City militia with us or not but if we do we'll stick with Dana and Palwik. Both Kessler and Walsh can communicate in Polish no problem (I'm not sure about Price?).

Geography permitting Janku and Aleksandr and also tag along and we'll drop them off at the lighthouse if it's on the way? Note Kessler has a spotting scope in his rucksack so he'll give that to the lighthouse OP as well as the NODLR and the starlight scope.

 I may be reading too much into the mention of children but I'm presuming someone would have mentioned the encounter with the hermit to Kessler so I don't think it's inappropriate to try to prepare everyone mentally for the possibility it might happen.

@Fuse, I'll try to get a post up for Walsh later today but I've got a load of things I need to do so if you want to push on before then feel free - I don't think anything he says will be of critical importance. Riedel will probably stay quiet unless anyone asks her a direct question that needs a response.

Also, are Lines and Krupp with us or are they medically excused?
Chris Walsh
player, 139 posts
Callsign Hades
Sat 16 Sep 2017
at 09:37
  • msg #510

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Can I claim the tactical radio we picked up in the latest round of trading for Walsh? I presume it's #X16 in the stores?
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2143 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Sat 16 Sep 2017
at 15:45
  • msg #511

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Sorry everyone, It seems like I've gone to horrible role-players school.  What is the break down of Fire Team 2 and who's my A-Gunner now?  I can't find the post.
Michael Kessler
player, 963 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sat 16 Sep 2017
at 17:03
  • msg #512

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Francis 'Frank' Benucci (msg # 511):

John Jameson McCarthy:
FT 2:
Ferro: Commander
O'Brien
Bennuci: Machine-gunner
Leon: Assistant M-gunner
Marik: Drag

If the Forest City people aren't present you'll need a new assistant. A few people were unassigned. As SNCO I'd expect Fischer would be part of the command group so Babicevs or Lines (if he's there) are probably your best bet. Unless O'Brien wants to do it.
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2144 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Sat 16 Sep 2017
at 17:46
  • msg #513

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Michael Kessler (msg # 512):

Yes, that's the last one I saw and we do not have the Forest City people and not sure what O'Brien's carrying for his load out.
Michael Kessler
player, 964 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sat 16 Sep 2017
at 17:59
  • msg #514

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Francis 'Frank' Benucci (msg # 513):

The last I saw on the Forest City people was this exchange:

Fusilier:
I think I may have misunderstood. We're you all planning on taking those Forest City militia along for the logging expedition as well? Or was it just for the recce portion?

John Jameson McCarthy:
I'd assumed both, but then they went home.

Based on where we're at now I don't think it would take any major reshuffling to assume that they'd went home then showed up again the next day if Fuse is happy with that. That would solve the problem of your missing assistant machine gunner without trying to juggle things to slot in a replacement now after we've already left Gdansk. But as I said, that's in Fuse's hands.
This message was last edited by the player at 18:05, Sat 16 Sept 2017.
Fusilier
GM, 5971 posts
Your Guide
Sat 16 Sep 2017
at 21:45
  • msg #515

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I'm fine with the four returning. They are present.
This message was last edited by the GM at 21:47, Sat 16 Sept 2017.
Michael Kessler
player, 965 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sun 17 Sep 2017
at 04:55
  • msg #516

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Perfect, thanks. That helps the manpower situation a bit. Team 1 don't need a translator so we'll swap Leon and Palwik as follows

We'll make Marin the assistant machine gunner (he has a pump action shotgun so being part of the MG crew will be a better option for him in longer range actions). Re: communication, Mark posted earlier that McCarthy would have spent time on the journey teaching the four basic hand signals and Palwik is the group's translator so that should alleviate some of your comms challenges.

Unless there are any objections we'll put Babicevs and Lines in Team 2 as well - it balances up the numbers. Fischer can slot into the HQ group so that leaves the teams as follows:

Team 1
Kessler
Kolstrup
Walsh
Price
Czerny
Leon
Dana

Leon can slot in with Kessler and Czerny; Dana can slot in with Walsh and Price

Team 2
Ferro
O'Brien
Benucci
Babicevs
Lines
Palwik (translator)
Marin

Command Team
McCarthy
Fischer
Riedel
Anna
Andropov (in charge of vehicle recovery)
Krupp?

Lighthouse OP
Janku
Aleksandr

Lighthouse OP will have NODLR, spotting scope, and starlight scope.

Any problems, questions, suggestions just say.
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2145 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Sun 17 Sep 2017
at 06:10
  • msg #517

Re: OOC Thread - 16

That sounds good to me.

Here's the list of the NPC's one more time:
Fusilier:
Embedded Forest City Militia:

1. Leon, male, 21, armed with AKM rifle. The leader of the group. Deserter (Ex-Polish Army) with only one year service history. Fit.

2. Palwik (Paul), male, 33, armed with scoped hunting rifle. Translator of the group. Welder by trade, now manages Forest City's greenhouse maintenance. Fought briefly as Home Army partisan during part of the war.

3. Dana, female, 19, armed with AKM rifle. Raises chickens in Forest City. No military history. Underweight, but not enough to impede typical military fieldcraft.

4. Marin, male, 44, armed with pump-action shotgun. Hunter, outdoorsman, nature enthusiast, environmentalist, sketch artist. Soft spoken and friendly. spell-like mushrooms for Forest City, including the recreational mind-altering type.

Fusilier
GM, 5972 posts
Your Guide
Sun 17 Sep 2017
at 06:45
  • msg #518

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Krupp isn't present, he's not recovered yet.

Also for the teams, I believe Lines and Czerny are already in the HQ group. JJM wanted it reinforced with the "extras" (msg 503). If that's correct, then the updated roster should look like this:

Team 1
Kessler
Kolstrup
Walsh
Price
Leon
Dana

Team 2
Ferro
O'Brien
Benucci
Babicevs
Palwik (translator)
Marin

Command Team
McCarthy
Fischer
Riedel
Anna
Andropov (in charge of vehicle recovery)
Czerny
Lines

Lighthouse OP
Janku
Aleksandr


Confirm?
This message was last edited by the GM at 06:47, Sun 17 Sept 2017.
Michael Kessler
player, 966 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sun 17 Sep 2017
at 07:07
  • msg #519

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Czerny wasn't an extra, he was originally in Fire Team 1. If the command team are also providing security for the logging party while the Fire Teams are out and about doing other things I've no objection to moving Czerny but if the Fire Teams are also going to be involved in pulling security I'd rather keep him where he is. Maybe Mark can confirm what his intent is.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2580 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Sun 17 Sep 2017
at 17:34
  • msg #520

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I'd agree that we keep Jan in the Fire Team, they'll have responsibility for sentry-duty fpr one part of the night so they need the numbers.
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2146 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Sun 17 Sep 2017
at 18:56
  • msg #521

Re: OOC Thread - 16

How many belts of ammo for the MAG are we bringing with us?  Who else besides my A-Gunner will be carrying?
Fusilier
GM, 5974 posts
Your Guide
Sun 17 Sep 2017
at 20:15
  • msg #522

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Turn is up.

I need confirmation where the 3 teams are located (beach, logging site, or barracks are the options).
Fusilier
GM, 5975 posts
Your Guide
Sun 17 Sep 2017
at 20:30
  • msg #523

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Also, regarding battery powered devices, this was from McCarthy...

John Jameson McCarthy:
Standing orders will to be to conserve batteries at all costs (it'll be cold too). If we can get the truck running, we can rig up some recharging. We'll have one radio on at base camp on a rotating basis. Others will only come on for a radio check or if a flare is launched. The open radio is for people to contact in emergencies. The Noldor and starlight scope will stay off until something is noticed. At night from the lighthouse, approaching ships are likely top be visible from several kilometers away to the naked eye. If they spot something they turn on the starlight to observe and if it's deemed a threat, light up the NOLDOR.

I was saving that for the first night post. When we're doing a lot like now, the radios need to be on to co-ordinate.


Which means no radios are on except for the set at the barracks.
This message was last edited by the GM at 20:35, Sun 17 Sept 2017.
Michael Kessler
player, 967 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sun 17 Sep 2017
at 21:32
  • msg #524

Re: OOC Thread - 16

If we've got three teams potentially operating independently from each other I think it makes more sense to have one radio switched on in each team. Is the battery usage really that critical? I thought Little had built a portable battery charger?
Per Kolstrup
player, 518 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Sun 17 Sep 2017
at 23:00
  • msg #525

Re: OOC Thread - 16


Do we have a current tac-map? The only map I can find is in OOC msg #447.

Did we grab the ATGMs and SA-7s?

I'm going to hold off on posting until I know where Per is (I assume pulling security for the loggers) and what he can see.

-
Fusilier
GM, 5976 posts
Your Guide
Sun 17 Sep 2017
at 23:16
  • msg #526

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I'll put up a map later.

No, the missiles are not grabbable.
Fusilier
GM, 5977 posts
Your Guide
Mon 18 Sep 2017
at 02:07
  • msg #527

Re: OOC Thread - 16

1) When I wrote the turn I was imagining the map so I made a mistake on the directions given by Karel. It's since been edited.

2) The position of the boats are just guesses, since you can't see them yet and you're just going by the report.


Michael Kessler
player, 968 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Mon 18 Sep 2017
at 07:33
  • msg #528

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Per Kolstrup:
I'm going to hold off on posting until I know where Per is

I'm in the same boat (no pun intended).  I think the plan was for everyone except the OP to be with the loggers but I'm not 100% sure - if we've left stuff at the barracks I think at least a couple of people should have stayed there to keep an eye on things.

Also, under the current comms restrictions we're all supposed to have our radios off so I presume someone is going to have to pass on the message from Janku before anyone can do anything particularly constructive. If no one gets in beforehand I could have Riedel do it tonight (UK time) but but I'd prefer to get an answer to the question about whether we can get more radios turned on before I post. I'd really rather not have her fire a flare to tell everyone to switch their radios on - that's going to advertise our presence / approx location to anyone on those boats with half an eye.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2581 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Mon 18 Sep 2017
at 17:58
  • msg #529

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Fuse has ruled that each team can have one radio monitoring the net. I'll post assuming that.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2583 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Mon 18 Sep 2017
at 18:16
  • msg #530

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Let's assume the Fire-Teams with Kessler IC with the loggers and the HQ team at the barracks until the alert.

As for MG ammo, there was 235 rounds with the MAG and 2200 link in the stores. I'd have to say it's down to you what you brought along. I'd assumed that the Machinegunner would work that out rather than having the unit commander micro-manage it. If youwant micro-managing I'd go with the gunner carrying 135 rounds with the a-gunner carrying 200 and two more fire team members carrying 100 rounds each.
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2147 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Mon 18 Sep 2017
at 19:04
  • msg #531

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to John Jameson McCarthy (msg # 530):

I wasn't looking to make it a micro-managing question at all, just wasn't sure what the load out should be.

135 for the gun and what you stated for the others is what I'll go with.

Frank will leave his AKM at the barracks with his mags/ammo for it while out with the MAG.  He would like to try and work out quick communication with his A-Gunner about when he needs to reload and needing more ammo.
Per Kolstrup
player, 519 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Mon 18 Sep 2017
at 23:47
  • msg #532

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Fusilier:
No, the missiles are not grabbable.


Meaning never, or that certain conditions must be met first?

-
Fusilier
GM, 5978 posts
Your Guide
Tue 19 Sep 2017
at 00:10
  • msg #533

Re: OOC Thread - 16

They are boobytrapped, so under the condition of surviving.
Billy 'Crack' O'Brien
player, 1016 posts
Cpl (UK) Airborne
Cymon
Tue 19 Sep 2017
at 00:38
  • msg #534

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Fusilier (msg # 533):

Billy can have a look when he gets a chance and give us an idea as to how well they are trapped.
Per Kolstrup
player, 520 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Tue 19 Sep 2017
at 01:31
  • msg #535

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Fusilier:
They are boobytrapped, so under the condition of surviving.


Sorry for missing that. That's what I get for reading a GM turn post on my phone. Who do we have with EOD skilz?

-
Fusilier
GM, 5979 posts
Your Guide
Tue 19 Sep 2017
at 02:27
  • msg #536

Re: OOC Thread - 16

No worries.



@All I'll need to know precisely where you are going to the beach.

There are three options...

1) The treeline (30-40m) from the shore. The trees aren't thick this close to the water, so consider them unreliable for stopping bullets. They are good for concealment though.

2) The sandy shore. The only cover is the stack of logs next to the high tide mark. They are more likely to offer protection than the thinner growth mentioned above, but they are isolated from the treeline by open ground and can only properly "house" one team.

3) The barge. It's sitting about 25-30 meters out in waist deep water at the moment (the water is very shallow for a long ways out).
This message was last edited by the GM at 02:31, Tue 19 Sept 2017.
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2148 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Tue 19 Sep 2017
at 02:41
  • msg #537

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Probably not a good idea to stack three behind the wood logs as a fire base so, if O'Brien is going for the logs, Frank will hunker down in the tree line and stay concealed as best they can until they open fire.  Once again, if needed.
Michael Kessler
player, 970 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Tue 19 Sep 2017
at 07:27
  • msg #538

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Francis 'Frank' Benucci (msg # 537):

Probably best if sub teams don't split up at this point. I'd suggest we go with the following unless anyone objects / sees any challenges:

Treeline
Kessler
Kolstrup
Leon

Treeline

Ferro
Babicevs
Marin

Log stack on the shore
O'Brien
Benucci
Pawlik

(Fuse has stated that the log stack can support one team, and the logs there offer more cover than the treeline so it makes sense to me to site the MG there where it gets the best protection available. O'Brien is already there anyway and Frank's IC post didn't commit him to a specific spot)

Barge
Walsh
Price
Dana

(I don't want to leave Valeska and her crewman on their own in case they're boarded)

When they get there the HQ team can slot in dependent on how the situation has evolved.
This message was last edited by the player at 07:37, Tue 19 Sept 2017.
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2150 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Tue 19 Sep 2017
at 19:15
  • msg #539

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Michael Kessler (msg # 538):
I made a light addition to my post about being behind the logs setting up the MAG MG.
Varis Babicevs
player, 1495 posts
Sgt (Latvia)
Raellus
Wed 20 Sep 2017
at 00:16
  • msg #540

Re: OOC Thread - 16


What AT weapons do we have with us? Did we bring the Carl Gustav?

Varis has his RPG-18.

-
Ferro
player, 845 posts
CaporaleMaggior (It)
Jinnysong
Wed 20 Sep 2017
at 01:17
  • msg #541

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Michael Kessler (msg # 538):

I'm in favor of that layout.
Ferro
player, 846 posts
CaporaleMaggior (It)
Jinnysong
Wed 20 Sep 2017
at 01:23
  • msg #542

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Varis Babicevs (msg # 540):

We brought "two machine guns and the RPG-7 as support weapons".

Problem with that (I just noticed) is the RPG actually has zero ammunition listed in the stores. We actually have 2 RPG launchers but no ammo.
This message was last edited by the player at 01:23, Wed 20 Sept 2017.
Varis Babicevs
player, 1497 posts
Sgt (Latvia)
Raellus
Wed 20 Sep 2017
at 02:02
  • msg #543

Re: OOC Thread - 16


Well, shit. Any time we don't have to walk somewhere, we should bring the Gustav.

-
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2584 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Wed 20 Sep 2017
at 19:51
  • msg #544

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Well, I screwed up royally there, sorry.
Ferro
player, 847 posts
CaporaleMaggior (It)
Jinnysong
Wed 20 Sep 2017
at 21:32
  • msg #545

Re: OOC Thread - 16

No we can't expect one person to do everything.
This message was last edited by the player at 21:35, Wed 20 Sept 2017.
Per Kolstrup
player, 522 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Wed 20 Sep 2017
at 23:25
  • msg #546

Re: OOC Thread - 16


Yeah, I wasn't blaming the oversight on anyone. If anything, I take responsibility for Per/Varis not suggesting it.

-
Fusilier
GM, 5982 posts
Your Guide
Thu 21 Sep 2017
at 07:17
  • msg #547

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Don't worry about the RPG stuff.

Here's a map.


This message was last edited by the GM at 07:32, Thu 21 Sept 2017.
Per Kolstrup
player, 523 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Thu 21 Sep 2017
at 23:37
  • msg #548

Re: OOC Thread - 16


Here's what I think we should do and why.

We haven't confirmed it yet, but I strongly believe, based on the evidence gleaned so far, that we're dealing with pirates here.

I say we let them get in real close- hailing distance. If we confirm that they are pirates, we hit them hard, with everything we've got, and really hurt them.

I fear that if we fire a warning shot, they may piss off temporarily, but will return in force, at a time and location of they're choosing, much reducing our chance of hitting them with a surprise ambush.

-
Ferro
player, 848 posts
CaporaleMaggior (It)
Jinnysong
Fri 22 Sep 2017
at 02:49
  • msg #549

Re: OOC Thread - 16

The prey boat does two course changes that brings it (and the people chasing him) closer to the barge and it drives by without stopping.

That asshole led them over to us so he could get away!!!
Michael Kessler
player, 974 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Fri 22 Sep 2017
at 08:02
  • msg #550

Re: OOC Thread - 16

My concern with letting them get in close is it gives them a chance to fire on us first. I'm also not sure how we can absolutely confirm that the other boats are pirates other than them opening fire on us first or taking some other overtly hostile action (granted I don't think anyone has asked Valeksa yet so we should probably address that but if they were known to her (whether friendly or otherwise) I'd have hoped she would have volunteered the information by now. None of the other Poles have been able to ID them thus far).

So while I agree we should hit them hard and try and drive them away my vote is to engage them whenever they come into effective range - both shore based machine guns and the dushka target the trawler, small arms target the speedboat. Otherwise I'm concerned that we're giving them a chance to take the initiative and hurt us first (particularly the barge / those on it).
This message was last edited by the player at 08:04, Fri 22 Sept 2017.
Fusilier
GM, 5983 posts
Your Guide
Fri 22 Sep 2017
at 08:34
  • msg #551

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Michael Kessler:
I'd have hoped she would have volunteered the information by now.


She would have.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2586 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Fri 22 Sep 2017
at 13:32
  • msg #552

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I'd agree on opening fire.

What about:

At the moment the pirates (sic) may not realise there are more people here so we may be able to sucker them a little. The Dushka opens up on the speedboat and everyone else stays hidden with marksmen targetting gunners on the bigger boat. The rest of us wait to see if the bigger boat comes closer then we open up with everything on it.

With luck we take out the speedboat with the Dushka and surprise the bigger boat. The risk is we miss the speedboat and the bigger boat engages the barge from a range where we can't optimise return fire so it's not a great plan and I'm happy to open up on both targets now if people prefer that.
Michael Kessler
player, 975 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Fri 22 Sep 2017
at 14:27
  • msg #553

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I think that we could take out the speedboat that way (dice permitting) but as the person manning the dushka my worry is that would make the barge (and in particular the dushka) the focus of attention for the trawler’s machine guns and that might not end too well.

I’d prefer to wait until the trawler is in range then fire all guns at both targets – let the marksmen take a pop at the trawler’s gunners first then have our MG’s follow up by putting down suppressive fire. Best case scenario the marksmen score hits, worst case scenario the mg’s make the pirate gunners keep their heads down. Meanwhile assault rifles engage the speedboat – best case scenario it’s on its way to the bottom.
Varis Babicevs
player, 1498 posts
Sgt (Latvia)
Raellus
Fri 22 Sep 2017
at 15:52
  • msg #554

Re: OOC Thread - 16


I still say we lure them in as close as possible. Our LMG can focus on the speedboat & the Dishka can focus on the trawler.

-
Fusilier
GM, 5984 posts
Your Guide
Fri 22 Sep 2017
at 18:03
  • msg #555

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I'm not trying to lead the decision either way, but remember the DSHK is exposed. So the boats will be able to see that someone is manning it.
Michael Kessler
player, 976 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Fri 22 Sep 2017
at 18:42
  • msg #556

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Fusilier:
I'm not trying to lead the decision either way, but remember the DSHK is exposed. So the boats will be able to see that someone is manning it.

Which is why I still think we should open fire as soon as the trawler is in range. In my opinion the closer they get the greater the risk they will open fire first, with Walsh being their primary target.
Varis Babicevs
player, 1499 posts
Sgt (Latvia)
Raellus
Fri 22 Sep 2017
at 19:01
  • msg #557

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Michael Kessler:
Which is why I still think we should open fire as soon as the trawler is in range. In my opinion the closer they get the greater the risk they will open fire first, with Walsh being their primary target.


I don't want to endanger your PC. My plan is riskier, to be sure. It gambles on the pirates trying to suss us out and intimidate us before opening fire. The main reason I suggest letting them get closer is so that there's less chance of them getting away after we open fire. I'm afraid that if we open fire at max range, we won't do much damage, they'll get away, and then they can come back, in force, and choose the time and place. There's no way we can defend the entire peninsula.

That said, I totally understand the counter-arguments and I'll go along with whatever you guys decide. I just wanted to explain/clarify my reasoning. I'm not trying to be a heartless bastard and sacrifice other people's PCs. I hope I didn't come across that way. If I did, that was not at all my intent.

-
Michael Kessler
player, 977 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Fri 22 Sep 2017
at 19:38
  • msg #558

Re: OOC Thread - 16

No, you're fine, I wasn't thinking that. But looking at risk v reward if these people are pirates I see little incentive for them not to open fire at the earliest opportunity. The way I would see it, from their perspective the dushka is the biggest threat (if not the only threat, at least the only visible one) so it would make sense to neutralise it as quickly as possible - it makes seizing the barge that much easier. So I just don't see why they would hold fire. Presuming they are pirates of course.

Would this maybe work?

• Walsh shoots up the speedboat with the dushka in an attempt to take it out of the fight
• Those aboard the barge then jump off and make for shore, leaving the barge unmanned. To the pirates, who are unaware of the existence of the shore party, it may look as though they are abandoning ship, so saving themselves but leaving the barge to be seized
• That may encourage the trawler to come alongside the barge with the intent of putting a prize crew aboard to seize it. That puts the trawler much closer to the shore party (tide permitting)
• At that point the shore party open up as per Rae's plan.

Pros
• The trawler comes in a lot closer and we retain an element of surprise to spring an ambush
• Dependent on how close the trawler comes in, if we can neutralise the crew there's maybe a  chance we can seize it. Which might come in handy if that flare was a signal to call in reinforcements

Cons
• The dushka is out of the fight. Absolute worst case scenario it can be used against us (maybe Walsh can take out a vital part before he abandons ship?)
• Those aboard the barge may be at risk of fire from the trawler if it comes into range before they make the beach. That might not end well
• We have to take out the speedboat, otherwise it can also interfere with the run to the shore
• The trawler might decide to just sit offshore and shoot up the barge until it (the barge) sinks. I think that's unlikely - what would be the point of sinking your loot?
• If it all goes horribly wrong the pirates might get away with the barge (perhaps there's something Valeska can do to disable the barge so that even if the pirates board it they can't get it moving)
• If they're not pirates we just machine gunned a speedboat full of people who aren't pirates
This message was last edited by the player at 19:40, Fri 22 Sept 2017.
Varis Babicevs
player, 1500 posts
Sgt (Latvia)
Raellus
Fri 22 Sep 2017
at 19:54
  • msg #559

Re: OOC Thread - 16


I like your revised plan. How long would it take to remove our HMG and it's mount and transport them to shore? Maybe we don't fire first but feign retreat to sucker them in closer?

-
Michael Kessler
player, 978 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Fri 22 Sep 2017
at 20:06
  • msg #560

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Not sure how long that would take. Feigned panic was the vibe I was trying to convey nut one concern I would have with not firing first is that it leaves the speedboat at large and it could interfere with the dash to the shore.
Fusilier
GM, 5985 posts
Your Guide
Fri 22 Sep 2017
at 20:41
  • msg #561

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Moving the gun isn't something that can be done too quickly.

1) The system is heavy. The gun is 34kg, the tripod is 25kg (+) and just one can of ammo is 25kg. Each part needs to be carried, but also lowered down into the water to someone below or thrown overboard and then picked up from the bottom.

2) The mount is anchored down with sandbags. A sandbag isn't a big deal on its own, but moving several aside will take a moment.

So both of these things would have to take place in addition to actually moving back to the treeline.
Michael Kessler
player, 979 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Fri 22 Sep 2017
at 20:44
  • msg #562

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Can we remove something to stop it potentially being turned on us? A firing pin maybe, something that could be put back later?
Varis Babicevs
player, 1501 posts
Sgt (Latvia)
Raellus
Fri 22 Sep 2017
at 20:49
  • msg #563

Re: OOC Thread - 16


Okay. Sounds like fire (HMG) and retreat is the way to go. Let's hope they go for the bait (ie the abandoned trawler). If they do, the shore party hits them with everything we've got. Cool?

-
Fusilier
GM, 5986 posts
Your Guide
Fri 22 Sep 2017
at 20:53
  • msg #564

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Taking out the pin requires a bit of time and toying around, but the back plate removes rather quickly and easily. I suspect (but am not 100% sure) that the weapon is inoperable without it.
This message was last edited by the GM at 21:03, Fri 22 Sept 2017.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2587 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Fri 22 Sep 2017
at 20:54
  • msg #565

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I was going to suggest a similar ruse, but was worried it might be too risky. If everyone is happy with it I'm game.

How many grenade launchers do we have? If we can pin the crew we may be able to scour the deck with indirect fire.

When we open up on the trawler should we go all guns blazing or let the marksmen have the first shots and fire after them?
Michael Kessler
player, 980 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Fri 22 Sep 2017
at 20:57
  • msg #566

Re: OOC Thread - 16

If no one has any objections - or spots any massive flaws -  I'm good with doing it that way. I'm kinda hoping that seeing their speedboat shot up might help convince them to take the bait as well - they might even come in close enough to land some people to come after the barge crew. If the barge crew get ashore...
Michael Kessler
player, 981 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Fri 22 Sep 2017
at 21:05
  • msg #567

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to John Jameson McCarthy (msg # 565):

I think it's the least risky option. My worry was that it was too elaborate.

Grenade launchers are (I think) Babicevs and O'Brien. Czerny has one but I left him behind...

I'd let the marksmen take aimed shots at the gunners then follow up by raking the MG positions with our own MG's. Benucci is already set up with the MAG. I'm presuming the other MG that was brought along was the PK? How about having Fischer and Riedel set it up, Fischer as gunner and Riedel as assistant? (Riedel's isn't going to contribute much with a carbine).
Lukas Fischer
player, 288 posts
Callsign 'Kriegshammer'
Spartan-117
Sat 23 Sep 2017
at 17:49
  • msg #568

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Sorry for the short post, but I'm busy trying to secure another onward job right now, so I'm a bit pressed for time these days.
This message was last edited by the player at 17:50, Sat 23 Sept 2017.
Fusilier
GM, 5988 posts
Your Guide
Sun 24 Sep 2017
at 17:14
  • msg #569

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Ensure you deduct fired ammunition from your sheet before your next turn is posted, thanks.

For PCs firing unit weapons (Frank, Walsh, & Fischer), I've deducted the ammunition from the unit stores. I just need you to keep track what's on your belt for your own reference.
Lukas Fischer
player, 289 posts
Callsign 'Kriegshammer'
Spartan-117
Sun 24 Sep 2017
at 18:23
  • msg #570

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Fusilier (msg # 569):

Great, will do!
Fusilier
GM, 5989 posts
Your Guide
Sun 24 Sep 2017
at 19:25
  • msg #571

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Just so you are aware, the group by the logs are out of earshot of Riedel. As the speed boat is coming in from the west, it is also (coincidentally) blocked from view by the barge.

People in the treeline, have LOS to the speedboat but can only engage if they first hear Riedel. I'll make it random and leave it up to the player to make the roll for themselves (roll less than 10 on D20 to hear her).
This message was last edited by the GM at 19:30, Sun 24 Sept 2017.
Fusilier
GM, 5990 posts
Your Guide
Sun 24 Sep 2017
at 19:26
  • msg #572

Re: OOC Thread - 16

^ With the exception of Walsh. He has seen the speedboat without the warning from Riedel.
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2154 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Mon 25 Sep 2017
at 09:16
  • msg #573

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Fusilier (msg # 572):

Understood.  Still targeting trawler unless directed otherwise
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2590 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Mon 25 Sep 2017
at 18:30
  • msg #574

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Do you think we should shift some of the riflemen to Walsh's position? I'm guessing the raiders are going to board. If Valeska had followed orders she'd have been safe and the pirates would be stranded on a beached barge with a cold engine. Now we have a potential hostage situation.

If you think we should move some people, who? Andropov can go as well as some others.

What do you think?
Chris Walsh
player, 146 posts
Callsign Hades
Mon 25 Sep 2017
at 18:43
  • msg #575

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I'm inclined to agree that the pirates are probably going to board. If Walsh had known that Valeska was staying put he'd have stayed as well (the whole point of going out there in the first place was to back up Valeska and Marek in the event of a boarding action) but my understanding is Walsh. Price, and Dana are all back in the treeline now so I'm not sure if there's any need to move anyone to their actual position - any attempt to get back to the barge by anyone is going to involve a dash through the water while potentially under fire from the trawler's guns, which I don't really think is an option, at least as long as the trawler is in the fight.
This message was last edited by the player at 18:55, Mon 25 Sept 2017.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2591 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Mon 25 Sep 2017
at 20:30
  • msg #576

Re: OOC Thread - 16

If we're going to go back to the barge, we can use the hull to mask our approach too. It'll take some time but by moving north the boarding party, if we have one, can cut off the line of sight to the trawler.
Ferro
player, 849 posts
CaporaleMaggior (It)
Jinnysong
Tue 26 Sep 2017
at 07:01
  • msg #577

Re: OOC Thread - 16

My weapon doesn't have the range to do anything right now so Ferro ought to be part of any re-boarding/counter boarding party.
Chris Walsh
player, 147 posts
Callsign Hades
Tue 26 Sep 2017
at 07:19
  • msg #578

Re: OOC Thread - 16

John Jameson McCarthy:
If we're going to go back to the barge, we can use the hull to mask our approach too. It'll take some time but by moving north the boarding party, if we have one, can cut off the line of sight to the trawler.

Ok, if you think that's feasible we can try that. At this rate Walsh is more likely to die of hypothermia than an enemy bullet...
Fusilier
GM, 5992 posts
Your Guide
Thu 28 Sep 2017
at 23:39
  • msg #579

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Ensure that you deduct fired ammunition from your sheet before your next turn is posted.
Fusilier
GM, 5993 posts
Your Guide
Fri 29 Sep 2017
at 08:20
  • msg #580

Re: OOC Thread - 16

The boat is heading away from shore, which means you can't shoot at a bow facing window.
Per Kolstrup
player, 528 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Fri 29 Sep 2017
at 14:09
  • msg #581

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Fusilier (msg # 580):

Roger that.
-
Chris Walsh
player, 148 posts
Callsign Hades
Fri 29 Sep 2017
at 16:09
  • msg #582

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Just to confirm a couple of things

1. Do the boarding party know that the speedboat has headed towards the rear of the barge?

2. I'm presuming the dushka won't be any use against a target at the stern (even after it's put back together)
Fusilier
GM, 5994 posts
Your Guide
Fri 29 Sep 2017
at 17:48
  • msg #583

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Yes, they observed it heading to the rear and then losing sight of it.

No, the gun can't hit the speedboat's position. That position can only be observed when at the stern. At best it can shoot up the wheelhouse (also located at the stern).
This message was last edited by the GM at 17:48, Fri 29 Sept 2017.
Chris Walsh
player, 150 posts
Callsign Hades
Fri 29 Sep 2017
at 19:21
  • msg #584

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Fusilier:
No, the gun can't hit the speedboat's position. That position can only be observed when at the stern. At best it can shoot up the wheelhouse (also located at the stern).

I'm reminded of Sean Connery firing the aircraft's gun in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade...
Billy 'Crack' O'Brien
player, 1021 posts
Cpl (UK) Airborne
Cymon
Fri 29 Sep 2017
at 22:20
  • msg #585

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Fusilier (msg # 580):

Understood will update.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2593 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Sat 30 Sep 2017
at 13:14
  • msg #586

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Assuming we can clear the speedboat up in the next couple of turns, what should we do next?

I'm thinking:

1) Check the barge for damage
2) Load up all the wood we can in the light we have left
3) Discuss where we hole up for the night: we may need to move to the harbour so we can protect the barge from any night attacks
4) We may also need to look at how we rig the barge with fighting positions for the return trip, we have the advantage on land, on the sea, they do
Fusilier
GM, 5995 posts
Your Guide
Sat 30 Sep 2017
at 13:20
  • msg #587

Re: OOC Thread - 16

For #2 there is only ~10 minutes left before sunset and the workers are currently on the move back to the camp, which may affect your plans.
This message was last edited by the GM at 13:20, Sat 30 Sept 2017.
Michael Kessler
player, 985 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sat 30 Sep 2017
at 14:12
  • msg #588

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Random thoughts...

1. Perhaps we should consider loading everyone up and getting out of the area as quickly as possible. I realise that means abandoning the logs that have already been felled and going home empty handed (and means we've nothing to pay the workers with) but it also denies the pirates time to regroup and means we can try and get out of the area under cover of darkness. If we overnight on the peninsula and then load up in the morning that gives the pirates plenty of time to potentially call in reinforcements and / or plan all sorts of different attacks.

2. If we are staying there's the cache of munitions that we found earlier, in particular the SA-7 anti aircraft missiles. If we can retrieve them would their heat seeker mechanisms potentially work against boats (e.g. by locking on to the heat coming from their engines?). That said, I'm aware that retrieving them could result in potential PC death, and while I wouldn't normally float something I wasn't willing to try myself none of my PC's have the required skill so I'm not asking / telling anyone to put their character on the line to get them, just putting it out as an option.

3. If we do manage to capture any potential boarders alive and get them to talk that may put a different perspective on the situation if we get intel on the suspected pirates.

4. We could fill the speedboat with wildfire what explosives we have, send it towards the other boats, wait until Lord Tyrion McCarthy gives the word then shoot a flaming arrow at it set off the explosives and see what happens.
This message was last edited by the player at 14:13, Sat 30 Sept 2017.
Per Kolstrup
player, 529 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Sat 30 Sep 2017
at 15:35
  • msg #589

Re: OOC Thread - 16


I'm not opposed to leaving empty handed, but let's discuss other options first.

If we found a semi-enclosed bay area, we could use the logs to make an anti-ship boom. It'd be a lot of work and potentially ruin the logs, so probably not worth it.

The weapons cache could be a big boon to Gdansk, especially the AT weapons and SAMS. Didn't Billy inspect the booby trap? I don't remember seeing a result. Fuse?

I've never read of an instance of an SA-7 or other MANPAD being used against a boat. I suppose it's theoretically possible, but I think we would have seen an RL example by now if it really were. We might be able to use an ATGM against a boat but I seem to recall a discussion on Kato's forum that water would screw up the guidance system as soon as the trailing wires got wet. I don't know how accurate that is either.

Do try and capture a live pirate. We need better intel on what we're up against.

I like your boat bomb idea but it would have to be unguided unless anyone wants to spectacularly retire a PC. The chances of a hit, IMO, are low enough not to justify the expenditure of explosives.

-
Ferro
player, 852 posts
CaporaleMaggior (It)
Jinnysong
Sat 30 Sep 2017
at 20:19
  • msg #590

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I would prefer to fight than abandon the work/logs.
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2156 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Sun 1 Oct 2017
at 02:52
  • msg #591

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Ferro:
I would prefer to fight than abandon the work/logs.

I agree.  We've invested a lot in this operation.
Michael Kessler
player, 986 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Mon 2 Oct 2017
at 17:39
  • msg #592

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I don't think we can make an informed decision as to what to do until we know whether or not we can capture any pirates for interrogation. I'm not sure what sort of range speedboats have or how suitable they are for travelling relatively long distances over open water so it may turn out the pirates are based somewhere on the peninsula, in which case we can maybe attack them from the land.
Fusilier
GM, 5997 posts
Your Guide
Wed 4 Oct 2017
at 16:46
  • msg #593

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I'm sick at the moment so I don't know how I'll feel in the next few days, but I'd like to shoot for Friday as a post day.

Please edit your sheets appropriately for ammo fired.
Chris Walsh
player, 152 posts
Callsign Hades
Wed 4 Oct 2017
at 18:39
  • msg #594

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Per Kolstrup:
Do try and capture a live pirate. We need better intel on what we're up against.

Trying my best...!
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2596 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Thu 5 Oct 2017
at 21:56
  • msg #595

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Crazy busy so I haven't been able to consult, sorry.

As for the speedboat, it may not limit their range. Somali pirates have speedboats lashed to the sides of motherships. The motherships have better range and release the speed boats to chase down ships. These pirates maybe doing the same.
Chris Walsh
player, 153 posts
Callsign Hades
Thu 5 Oct 2017
at 22:07
  • msg #596

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I don't think we should accept the pirate's terms. It gains us nothing in terms of Intel and means we don't have full control of the barge. Therefore I think we should try and take him down even if there is a risk of casualties.

Does anyone disagree?
Michael Kessler
player, 988 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Thu 5 Oct 2017
at 22:23
  • msg #597

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Varis Babicevs:
The Latvian wasn't sure why Kessler was asking about illumination rounds. What did the German have in mind? Varis would find out soon enough, he supposed.

I'd love to say I had a cunning plan but it's purely in case they come back after dark and we have to shed some light on the situation...
Varis Babicevs
player, 1506 posts
Sgt (Latvia)
Raellus
Thu 5 Oct 2017
at 22:31
  • msg #598

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Michael Kessler (msg # 597):

Yeah, I figured as much. I was just trying to flesh out the post a little bit. And I was curious about whether you had some cunning, outside the box plan a-brewin'.

-
Fusilier
GM, 6000 posts
Your Guide
Fri 6 Oct 2017
at 05:59
  • msg #599

Re: OOC Thread - 16

At this point I don't think there is any need for a normal turn post. Nothing happens and you have the initiative, so it only makes sense to me that you continue with your own actions.

*Unless I missed something you need me to resolve. If that's the case let me know and I'll be happy to put it up.
This message was last edited by the GM at 06:00, Fri 06 Oct 2017.
Michael Kessler
player, 989 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Fri 6 Oct 2017
at 18:21
  • msg #600

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Fusilier (msg # 599):

Only thing would be Czerny's sitrep. Just want to make sure the workers aren't about to be overrun by pirates...
Per Kolstrup
player, 531 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Fri 6 Oct 2017
at 19:56
  • msg #601

Re: OOC Thread - 16


Did Per see anything on his flank or behind him? I assume you already considered this and that no post means no sightings but I want to make sure. Safety first!

-
Fusilier
GM, 6001 posts
Your Guide
Fri 6 Oct 2017
at 20:46
  • msg #602

Re: OOC Thread - 16

No sighting.

Czerny is still en route back to base camp.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2597 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Sun 8 Oct 2017
at 09:50
  • msg #603

Re: OOC Thread - 16

OK.

Do we drop everything and head for Gdansk?

If we are, we'll need to spend a little time trying to get the booby-trapped munitions before going. JJ will try and defuse the tap if no-one else wants to.

If we want to stay I'd suggest:
1) We see if Valeska wants to dock in the port at Hel where we can protect it better
2) Move our quarters to the lighthouse, it'll be cramped but safer
3) We still need to try and get the munitions

I'm reluctant to just abandon the work we've done here but if the majority want that to happen, I'll follow suit.
Michael Kessler
player, 991 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sun 8 Oct 2017
at 12:47
  • msg #604

Re: OOC Thread - 16

This point concerns me.

Fusilier:
The vessel's twin barreled .50cal guns out-range all of the Mad Dogs' weapons

I presume that excludes the dushka mounted on the barge but it's in an exposed position and anyone manning it would, presumably, immediately become the focus of the pirates' fire.

So unless the contents of the munitions locker include additional weapons that we can effectively use in an anti ship role my vote is to go now (or at least as soon as possible) and try and get away under cover of darkness, hopefully before the pirates have a chance to regroup.

Also, if we do stay but move the barge to the harbour doesn't that present problems loading the logs?
This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 12:48, Sun 08 Oct 2017.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2598 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Sun 8 Oct 2017
at 13:04
  • msg #605

Re: OOC Thread - 16

The boat would stay I the harbour overnight for protection. If it seemed safe in the morning then we'd pick the logs up.
Michael Kessler
player, 992 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sun 8 Oct 2017
at 13:44
  • msg #606

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I think that leaves massive potential for the pirates to come back, sit out of range of our guns and take pot shots at either the barge or anyone on the shore who shows themselves (for example to load the logs).

If the majority want to stay what about trying to reach out to the Fisherman's League for some help? We've just potentially (albeit unintentionally) saved one of their members from the pirates. If we have some way of contacting them (Valeska?) maybe we can cut a deal - some extra firepower in exchange for some trees.
Per Kolstrup
player, 532 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Sun 8 Oct 2017
at 15:36
  • msg #607

Re: OOC Thread - 16


A couple of things to think about:

I doubt that the lumber and the munitions are going anywhere soon. If we leave them, they'll probably be there when we come back. If someone shows up in Gdansk trying to sell lumber, we'll grab 'em and get some intel.

On the other hand, if we evac now and we get caught by the pirates at sea, we're most likely screwed.

Here's an idea:

We head back to Gdansk and ask around. Maybe someone knows where the pirate base is. If that's so, our next mission is to take it out. Since the pirates are stronger than us on water, we could approach/assault from the landward side.

It could be a joint op. For extra manpower, we could take some of the Forest City militia along (OTJ training), and/or some FL & MU fighters- or, we can ask the two latter factions to subsidize the op by providing ammo or some such.

Even with mods, Valeska's barge is not well suited to combat. If we continue to use it, we should at least fashion some sort of gunshield or armored barbette for the Dushka. Perhaps we could get our hands on another vessel more suited for fighting- say, a certain river tug that should be showing up in Gdansk any day now...

;)

-
Fusilier
GM, 6004 posts
Your Guide
Sun 8 Oct 2017
at 16:39
  • msg #608

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Michael Kessler:
Fusilier:
The vessel's twin barreled .50cal guns out-range all of the Mad Dogs' weapons
I presume that excludes the dushka mounted on the barge but it's in an exposed position and anyone manning it would, presumably, immediately become the focus of the pirates' fire.


I meant at the time, when the DSHK was disassembled. They're otherwise roughly equal.
Ferro
player, 855 posts
CaporaleMaggior (It)
Jinnysong
Sun 8 Oct 2017
at 16:47
  • msg #609

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I think we should stay. I am also up for hitting the pirates like Rae suggested but secondary to finishing our mission now.
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2159 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Sun 8 Oct 2017
at 18:50
  • msg #610

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Ferro:
I think we should stay. I am also up for hitting the pirates like Rae suggested but secondary to finishing our mission now.

Likewise here
Billy 'Crack' O'Brien
player, 1023 posts
Cpl (UK) Airborne
Cymon
Mon 9 Oct 2017
at 00:18
  • msg #611

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Francis 'Frank' Benucci (msg # 610):

Same here.
Ferro
player, 858 posts
CaporaleMaggior (It)
Jinnysong
Mon 9 Oct 2017
at 16:10
  • msg #612

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Assuming these guys are pirates they may not be as much of a threat as we are used to. Pirates are usually opportunistic and target the weak. The barge is a tempting target but they may not know if it's a beached wreck or empty. And they have already lost a speedboat and three men for nothing. Their trawler was chased off by a clear demonstration of numbers and firepower. They have as much lack of information as we do and they've already gotten a good slap on the wrist.
Per Kolstrup
player, 533 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Mon 9 Oct 2017
at 17:17
  • msg #613

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Ferro (msg # 612):

All good points and I tend to agree. However, if we're wrong...

-
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2600 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Mon 9 Oct 2017
at 20:31
  • msg #614

Re: OOC Thread - 16

OK, that was pretty much a holding post.

I have to admit I'm a bit stymied as to what to do. All I can think of is:

1) Move the barge to the protection of the docks for the night
2) Check the speed boat to see if we can salvage it
3) Check the covered boat in Hel
4) See if we can get the munitions and use them on improvised mounts to fight the trawler on sea if we have to

I'd appreciate other ideas.
Michael Kessler
player, 993 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Mon 9 Oct 2017
at 20:49
  • msg #615

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to John Jameson McCarthy (msg # 614):

As I said earlier...

Michael Kessler:
If the majority want to stay what about trying to reach out to the Fisherman's League for some help? We've just potentially (albeit unintentionally) saved one of their members from the pirates. If we have some way of contacting them (Valeska?) maybe we can cut a deal - some extra firepower in exchange for some trees.

Billy 'Crack' O'Brien
player, 1025 posts
Cpl (UK) Airborne
Cymon
Mon 9 Oct 2017
at 21:21
  • msg #616

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to John Jameson McCarthy (msg # 614):

I think that is about all we can do. Continue with the job and hope for the best.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2601 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Tue 10 Oct 2017
at 12:03
  • msg #617

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Michael Kessler (msg # 615):

My first attempt at the post had that in,it got lost and the quicker post left it out.

Sending Valeska is an option but if the pirates hit her we're stranded. The speedboat or the stored fishing boat may be safer options to get to Gdansk and call the cavalry.

Or we could rig an antenna on the lighthouse to see if we can make radio contact.
Michael Kessler
player, 995 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Tue 10 Oct 2017
at 12:16
  • msg #618

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to John Jameson McCarthy (msg # 617):

I was thinking along the lines of Valeska trying to make radio contact.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2602 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Tue 10 Oct 2017
at 16:02
  • msg #619

Re: OOC Thread - 16

We've been out of range before now. I'm looking up how we can extend that.
Michael Kessler
player, 996 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Tue 10 Oct 2017
at 16:21
  • msg #620

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to John Jameson McCarthy (msg # 619):

Sorry, I meant try and make contact with the boat that went right past us (the one captained by the bloke that cut the fishermans' hands off).
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2603 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Tue 10 Oct 2017
at 16:57
  • msg #621

Re: OOC Thread - 16

That's worth a try. I'll get on it now.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2605 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Wed 11 Oct 2017
at 17:56
  • msg #622

Re: OOC Thread - 16

What should we ask of the contact?

I'm inclined to give them the full tactical situation by explaining the armament of the trawler and the existence of another boat possibly with more pursuit craft and other arms.

We could ask for the following:

1) Direct assistance if they are capable
2) Use as a radio relay to contact the FU at Gdansk to see if we can arrange an anti-piracy operation
3) Ask them to pick up the mortar and rocket launcher from the compound to either a) bring to us or b) use against the pirates if they attack (we can call fire in, possibly)

Any other suggestions would be welcome.
Michael Kessler
player, 997 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Wed 11 Oct 2017
at 18:13
  • msg #623

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I'd suggest asking if they're in a position to arrange some sort of escort to Gdansk, either by themselves or in cooperation with other FU vessels. Pirates may be less likely to attack a small flotilla of armed vessels that clearly outnumber them and for all they know outgun them. They may require some sort of 'payment'  so as I said in my original post I think we'd have to be willing to offer some of the logs.

You could mention a joint op against the trawler if we can act now, before it (the trawler) has a chance to properly recover from the pounding we gave it. I'm thinking here that if we can - somehow - seize the trawler we may be able to strike some sort of deal with the FU that avoids the 'payment' issue mentioned above. For example, the FU get the trawler itself, we get first dibs on any loot (weapons, ammo) etc. That seems to me to a bit of a win win for both sides and means we don't have to hand over any of our logs. But how feasible an option it is I'm not sure given the trawler is headed away from us and the FU boat is an hour or so away.

Either of the above could lead on to some sort of future anti piracy operation as Rae mentioned earlier. The FU probably stand to benefit the most if the pirates are dealt with permanently. Personally, I think your key negotiating point here is 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend'.

I wouldn't ask them to nip back to Gdansk, pick anything up, and come back. In the first instance the barge could be sunk by the time they get back, in the second instance they could just keep the mortar / Carl Gustav for themselves. I'd prefer to get us back to Gdansk where we can then properly plan and equip for a potential anti piracy op.
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2162 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Fri 13 Oct 2017
at 00:09
  • msg #624

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Rae, I finally got the module.  Great job sir!!!
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2606 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Fri 13 Oct 2017
at 11:30
  • msg #625

Re: OOC Thread - 16

OK, posting my potential reply here for people to check. I've been skewing the consensus too much my way recently usually because I'm posting quickly and it tends to be biased toward what I've been thinking.

"Arcadia, this is Mad dog leader. Be aware that there are pirates in the area. We have encountered and driven off a trawler armed with twin machineguns of a fifty calibre. Our OP informs us that there is a second boat that we assume holds more personnel. The trawler sustained enough damage or casualties to break off but is fully operational. Be advised we encountered and destroyed one speedboat acting as a chase craft. The mother ship may hold others that they chose not to use against us."

"We cannot move off post until we have taken on our cargo in the morning and cannot render assistance to you until that time should you need it."

"If you desire, I can offer you the protection of our forces overnight, either in the bay we are anchored or in the docks at Hel where we could defend the sea lanes with infantry. I propose we join forces to resist any attacks on our return to Gdansk tomorrow. If you were planning on fishing, we would be happy to arrange compensation for any empty holds."

"On our return to Gdansk I intend to speak with the FU about the potential for mounting an anti=piracy operation in the near future."

Is this OK to post or does it need changing?
Michael Kessler
player, 998 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Fri 13 Oct 2017
at 12:30
  • msg #626

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I think that covers the relevant points of what they might be able to do to help us.

Might be worth reconsidering this line ‘We cannot move off post until we have taken on our cargo in the morning and cannot render assistance to you until that time should you need it’. Don’t tell them what we can’t do, emphasise what we can do to help them (as a former boss of mine once said, don’t tell the client ‘no’, tell them ‘yes, however...’). The rest of the message still makes sense without it.

If you do plan to overnight in the harbour we should probably consider leaving some people at our current location to keep an eye on the logs. If they’re left unguarded there’s a risk of the pirates landing under cover of darkness and interfering with them. They could burn them (doesn’t help them much but prevents us from getting them) or set up an ambush in anticipation of us coming back the next day.
Fusilier
GM, 6008 posts
Your Guide
Fri 13 Oct 2017
at 18:50
  • msg #627

Re: OOC Thread - 16

General layout. Boats can tie up on the landward side of the island breakwater. The Arcadia is going there and there is room for more, but you aren't being forced to pick that spot.


John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2608 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Sat 14 Oct 2017
at 07:02
  • msg #628

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I'll need to do this IC before I post my reply and issue orders for whatever we decide to do, but do you think I should check with the OP to see if the fourth boat reported is actually the Arcadia?

We've assumed it was a mothership, but it could be mistaken identity. Thinking about that, how did Valeska confirm the Arcadia's credentials? We've run false flag operations so it would only be fair turn-about for the pirates to be posing as FU here.

What do people think?
Ferro
player, 861 posts
CaporaleMaggior (It)
Jinnysong
Sat 14 Oct 2017
at 07:08
  • msg #629

Re: OOC Thread - 16

This sounds like she knows the captain and confirms it as legit...

"Nowak's boat, the Arcadia. Good one." Valeska says quietly, giving McCarthy a nod of approval regarding their chances.

Mistaken identity is a good point though. I think one ship was reported NE and the other SE but from what perspective? They are both easterly directions so your concern might be right.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2609 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Sat 14 Oct 2017
at 07:43
  • msg #630

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I'm not overly worried about the mistaken identity thing and you're right about Valeska, she probably recognises the voice too.
Michael Kessler
player, 999 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sat 14 Oct 2017
at 08:52
  • msg #631

Re: OOC Thread - 16

As a precaution you could ask the OP to report if the fourth boat suddenly starts making for the harbour but I agree with Ferro - Valeska is effectively serving as guarantor as to the Arcadia's bona fides.  We can't rule out the possibility that the Arcadia's Captain is talking with a gun to her head but there's no practical way of knowing that - it's not as if we know any FL duress codes.
Varis Babicevs
player, 1507 posts
Sgt (Latvia)
Raellus
Sat 14 Oct 2017
at 17:40
  • msg #632

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Francis 'Frank' Benucci:
Rae, I finally got the module.  Great job sir!!!

Thanks a lot! I'm really pleased that you like it.

-
Michael Kessler
player, 1000 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sat 14 Oct 2017
at 20:18
  • msg #633

Re: OOC Thread - 16

@Beach Group, there's two different taskings on the table

1. Remain in place at the beach overnight and set up an OP to keep an eye on the logs

2. Move into Hel, try and find overnight quarters for the labourers, then link up with the barge

Let me know which option you want your character to do.
Billy 'Crack' O'Brien
player, 1027 posts
Cpl (UK) Airborne
Cymon
Sat 14 Oct 2017
at 20:24
  • msg #634

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Michael Kessler (msg # 633):

Billy will remain in place at the beach.
Per Kolstrup
player, 536 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Sat 14 Oct 2017
at 21:57
  • msg #635

Re: OOC Thread - 16


Maybe keep Per at the beach and tell Varis to go to Hel? Or vice-versa- wherever you think they'll be most helpful.

-
This message was last edited by the player at 22:40, Sat 14 Oct 2017.
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2163 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Sat 14 Oct 2017
at 23:06
  • msg #636

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Billy 'Crack' O'Brien :
In reply to Michael Kessler (msg # 633):

Billy will remain in place at the beach.

Frank as well
Fusilier
GM, 6010 posts
Your Guide
Mon 16 Oct 2017
at 03:46
  • msg #637

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Kessler's group is currently south of the Officer's quarters.


This message was last edited by the GM at 03:49, Mon 16 Oct 2017.
Fusilier
GM, 6011 posts
Your Guide
Tue 17 Oct 2017
at 03:05
  • msg #638

Re: OOC Thread - 16

How good is our two Poles' English?

Pawlik (Paul) speaks English pretty good.
Marin doesn't speak it at all really.

Also:
Palwik (Paul), male, 33, armed with scoped hunting rifle.
Marin, male, 44, armed with pump-action shotgun.
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2164 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Tue 17 Oct 2017
at 19:23
  • msg #639

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Fusilier:
How good is our two Poles' English?

Pawlik (Paul) speaks English pretty good.
Marin doesn't speak it at all really.

Also:
Palwik (Paul), male, 33, armed with scoped hunting rifle.
Marin, male, 44, armed with pump-action shotgun.

Frank's Polish is shit, minimal.
Pulling back off the logs is a solid idea!
Billy 'Crack' O'Brien
player, 1028 posts
Cpl (UK) Airborne
Cymon
Tue 17 Oct 2017
at 19:38
  • msg #640

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Francis 'Frank' Benucci (msg # 639):

Same as Billy's.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2612 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Tue 17 Oct 2017
at 20:07
  • msg #641

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Did anyone have any tobacco to hand over to JJ? He doesn't have any.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2613 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Tue 17 Oct 2017
at 20:15
  • msg #642

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Thanks for picking up on the Rec Hall, I knew I'd miss something rushing.
Chris Walsh
player, 161 posts
Callsign Hades
Tue 17 Oct 2017
at 20:18
  • msg #643

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Walsh has 24 x Polish cigs. He'll give you a handful (shall we say eight?)

Riedel doesn't have any. I mean, seriously, you don't expect the medic to have any smokes do you? That stuff's bad for your health  ;)

Walsh also lifted some amber beads from the dead pirate (5 I think). Might be worth taking them.
Fusilier
GM, 6015 posts
Your Guide
Wed 18 Oct 2017
at 04:58
  • msg #644

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Map showing (rough) locations.

Where it says "Latarnia" is the lighthouse and Karel's OP.


This message was last edited by the GM at 05:07, Wed 18 Oct 2017.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2617 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Thu 19 Oct 2017
at 14:47
  • msg #645

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Do you want me to own up to the gunship? My instinct is to do so but I'm over-honest sometimes. I always believe that total honesty is the best way to found an alliance, I'm aware that opinions differ so Ill remain circumspect until I get feedback.
Chris Walsh
player, 164 posts
Callsign Hades
Thu 19 Oct 2017
at 15:13
  • msg #646

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to John Jameson McCarthy (msg # 645):

I think I sort of already have...
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2618 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Thu 19 Oct 2017
at 16:35
  • msg #647

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Too subtle for my addled brain. Not quite an admission, but near enough. I'm happy with that.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2619 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Thu 19 Oct 2017
at 19:40
  • msg #648

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Is everyone happy to go for 10am? We can load up what we can and salvage something from the trip.

Also, I'm keen on trying to disarm the booby trap and salvage some of the munitions if we can. What do others think?
Ferro
player, 863 posts
CaporaleMaggior (It)
Jinnysong
Thu 19 Oct 2017
at 19:58
  • msg #649

Re: OOC Thread - 16

We probably shouldn't leave unless we have at least 75% of the logs. Is there enough time to load enough by 10?
Michael Kessler
player, 1005 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Thu 19 Oct 2017
at 20:33
  • msg #650

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I haven't looked it up but I would imagine that leaving at ten would only give us a couple of hours of daylight at best. I don't think we should push things too far with the Arcadia's skipper though so if we need more time try to keep it to no more than another hour or so.

Re the munitions, I think Fuse has made it quite clear that failure could result in character death so it's a big risk to take.
Michael Kessler
player, 1006 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Thu 19 Oct 2017
at 20:47
  • msg #651

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Would the NODLR be able to detect our missing workmen by body heat?
Fusilier
GM, 6018 posts
Your Guide
Thu 19 Oct 2017
at 20:54
  • msg #652

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Good idea, but no. The trees are blocking line of sight.
Michael Kessler
player, 1007 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Thu 19 Oct 2017
at 21:00
  • msg #653

Re: OOC Thread - 16

No worries, I wasn't sure.

We need a dog...I know we've got Klinsi but I've always pictured him as being like the mutt in Frasier...
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2620 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Thu 19 Oct 2017
at 21:24
  • msg #654

Re: OOC Thread - 16

If it's two hours, it's not worth staying to load the logs, if we're lucky we'll come away with a couple of dozen which isn't worth pissing off the labourers any more than they already are.
Ferro
player, 864 posts
CaporaleMaggior (It)
Jinnysong
Thu 19 Oct 2017
at 21:30
  • msg #655

Re: OOC Thread - 16

We're leaving a day early. Maybe getting the Arcadia to stay longer is a possibility somehow. The captain sounds like she just doesn't want to arrive in the dark. What about in the daylight one day later? It seems like a mistake to give up most of the wood that we came for because we might get attacked again.
Michael Kessler
player, 1009 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Thu 19 Oct 2017
at 22:08
  • msg #656

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I'm good either way, although I do think the longer we wait the more logs we can get but it's also more time we're giving the pirates to get their act together.
Per Kolstrup
player, 540 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Thu 19 Oct 2017
at 23:32
  • msg #657

Re: OOC Thread - 16


Let's not tell anyone about the munitions. Eventually, maybe once we've neutralized the pirate threat, we can recruit someone with some EOD experience- possibly from the IB- to help us disarm the booby traps. We can pay with part of the loot.

As for the logs, I could go either way.

-
Billy 'Crack' O'Brien
player, 1030 posts
Cpl (UK) Airborne
Cymon
Fri 20 Oct 2017
at 00:47
  • msg #658

Re: OOC Thread - 16


Billy posted he was looking at the munitions and the potential booby trap, but I don't think anything was posted as to what he found out.
Fusilier
GM, 6019 posts
Your Guide
Fri 20 Oct 2017
at 01:56
  • msg #659

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Disarming the door would be difficult and there is a real potential for setting it off.
Billy 'Crack' O'Brien
player, 1032 posts
Cpl (UK) Airborne
Cymon
Fri 20 Oct 2017
at 02:08
  • msg #660

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Fusilier (msg # 659):

Ok cool well at least we know it is live and not weather effected.
Michael Kessler
player, 1010 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Fri 20 Oct 2017
at 13:24
  • msg #661

Re: OOC Thread - 16

OK, how about this?

• McCarthy says to Nowak that if possible we’d like more time to load cargo
• If she won’t budge - or will only budge by an hour or so - we leave things as they are (i.e. a 1000 departure). That saves having to take us, the barge, and all the workers back to where the logs are – we can sail directly from the harbour (we could probably even go earlier than 1000 if required).
• If she agrees to a longer delay we load as many logs as we can in that time period.

The only thing I'm opposed to is letting the Arcadia leave without us.
Michael Kessler
player, 1011 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Fri 20 Oct 2017
at 14:16
  • msg #662

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I may have stuffed up when it comes to the two runaways. At first I didn’t think they were a high priority compared to getting the rest of the workers to the rec hall but as others have pointed out they could have stolen some of our rucksacks and / or be working with the pirates (which might include being in radio contact to them and telling them our plans, or at least what they now of them).

So how does this sound?

• Kolstrup’s team continue to look for them as they’re currently doing
• Gzerny holds in place with the workers. Kessler’s team moves to link up with them (I don’t want to tell Czerny to go after the runaways himself because then there’s no one with the workers – they could steal even more gear, scatter, etc)
• Once they’ve linked up Fischer and Czerny gets the workers back to the rec hall while Kessler and Babicevs also go after the runaways
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2622 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Fri 20 Oct 2017
at 16:00
  • msg #663

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Go with it, I doubt they're allied to the pirates, they'd have known more about us, but this mission is phyrric enough as it is let alone losing personal gear too.
Per Kolstrup
player, 541 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Fri 20 Oct 2017
at 21:47
  • msg #664

Re: OOC Thread - 16


Crap. I forgot that Benucci has the MAG. An MG'er shouldn't be walking point. O'Brien has an MG too, right? I don't want to give the two Poles- X factors- the responsibility. Per will take point.

-
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2166 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Fri 20 Oct 2017
at 23:13
  • msg #665

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Per Kolstrup:
Crap. I forgot that Benucci has the MAG. An MG'er shouldn't be walking point. O'Brien has an MG too, right? I don't want to give the two Poles- X factors- the responsibility. Per will take point.

-

That is correct
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2623 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Sat 21 Oct 2017
at 06:56
  • msg #666

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Are we OK with trading the speedboat for time? It's what I would have suggested giving them as a thank you gift anyway so I'm happy to agree if everyone else is.
Michael Kessler
player, 1013 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sat 21 Oct 2017
at 07:10
  • msg #667

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to John Jameson McCarthy (msg # 666):

Fine by me.
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2167 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Sat 21 Oct 2017
at 13:21
  • msg #668

Re: OOC Thread - 16

John Jameson McCarthy:
Are we OK with trading the speedboat for time? It's what I would have suggested giving them as a thank you gift anyway so I'm happy to agree if everyone else is.

We need ground assets more than waterborne I think right now so, no issues with getting rid of it.
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2168 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Sat 21 Oct 2017
at 14:22
  • msg #669

Re: OOC Thread - 16

OOC: There isn't a box or bag for the MAG MG was there?
Fusilier
GM, 6021 posts
Your Guide
Sat 21 Oct 2017
at 18:14
  • msg #670

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Hey, for Kolstrup's group I'd like to know how fast they are moving, walk, trot, or run. This will affect ground covered vs time, but also rolls. Thanks.
Per Kolstrup
player, 543 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Sat 21 Oct 2017
at 18:47
  • msg #671

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Fusilier (msg # 670):

Walk. It's dark and we don't want to see the runners before they see us.

-
Michael Kessler
player, 1014 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sun 22 Oct 2017
at 19:40
  • msg #672

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Re: the two AWOL workers, I'm kind of assuming that they're trying to head north (i.e. towards Kolstrup's group).

How about if Kolstrup's team holds in place and Kessler and Babicevs pursue the runways (hopefully driving them towards Kolstrup's group in the process)? Does that sound workable? Or any other options?

@Fuse, does Czerny have NVG's that he can / will loan to Babicevs? That way if we do the above both Kessler and Babicevs will have NOD's (if memory serves correctly Babicevs' own NVG's are kaput).
Fusilier
GM, 6023 posts
Your Guide
Sun 22 Oct 2017
at 20:15
  • msg #673

Re: OOC Thread - 16

He does.
Fusilier
GM, 6024 posts
Your Guide
Fri 27 Oct 2017
at 18:51
  • msg #674

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I'm out of town for the weekend, including Halloween. Not sure when I will have this turn done.
Michael Kessler
player, 1016 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sat 28 Oct 2017
at 15:48
  • msg #675

Re: OOC Thread - 16

@Rae, Corkman, and Cymon, do you want to carry on searching for the missing Poles or would you all prefer to rejoin the others? (We don't know what (if any) Mad Dog kit they may have managed to steal)
Per Kolstrup
player, 545 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Sat 28 Oct 2017
at 16:02
  • msg #676

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Michael Kessler (msg # 675):

I'm good with continuing the search but if y'all would rather call it quits, that's fine by me.

Anyone have SP in tracking? I thought Per did, but apparently not. If I have XP to spend, I could put it there (Fuse?); it stands to reason that a Ranger would have a bit of tracking ability.

-
This message was last edited by the player at 16:02, Sat 28 Oct 2017.
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2171 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Sat 28 Oct 2017
at 18:40
  • msg #677

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Per Kolstrup:
In reply to Michael Kessler (msg # 675):

I'm good with continuing the search but if y'all would rather call it quits, that's fine by me.

Anyone have SP in tracking? I thought Per did, but apparently not. If I have XP to spend, I could put it there (Fuse?); it stands to reason that a Ranger would have a bit of tracking ability.

-

LOL!  That was subtle...   Frank has a 2/6 in Tracking.  Not great but, it's something.
Michael Kessler
player, 1017 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sat 28 Oct 2017
at 19:58
  • msg #678

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Kessler has no tracking skill.

This fella might have some being a hunter / outdoorsman - Fuse, what's your call?

fusilier:
4. Marin, male, 44, armed with pump-action shotgun. Hunter, outdoorsman, nature enthusiast, environmentalist, sketch artist. Soft spoken and friendly. Grows mushrooms for Forest City, including the recreational mind-altering type.

Fusilier
GM, 6026 posts
Your Guide
Sat 28 Oct 2017
at 22:10
  • msg #679

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Yes, he does.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2627 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Sun 29 Oct 2017
at 10:41
  • msg #680

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Is it OK if I try and settle the labourers and ask if they can guess if the runners are deserting or lost. If they're deserting I'd say we search a little longer and then call it off. If the others believe they're lost then we'll search for longer.
Michael Kessler
player, 1019 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sun 29 Oct 2017
at 10:48
  • msg #681

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to John Jameson McCarthy (msg # 680):

Sounds like a plan to me. I'm happy to carry on searching for them (it's not as if we're going anywhere and in game time we can only have been looking for them for less than half an hour) I just wanted to make sure that everyone else involved was still OK with it.

I must admit, I hadn't considered that they might be lost.

We should probably also add Tracking to the list of skills that we need to cover if / when we ever manage to get any training done (on screen or otherwise). Maybe Marin could teach a class...not sure what Kessler's chances of learning by Observation right now are!
This message was last edited by the player at 10:49, Sun 29 Oct 2017.
Fusilier
GM, 6027 posts
Your Guide
Thu 2 Nov 2017
at 16:19
  • msg #682

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Hey,

I'm home now and back to the game. I'd like to get the next turn up on Saturday, or Sunday at the very latest.

I haven't made any rolls or have decided if I'll force an encounter, but I'd like to know everything that you plan to do in the next game day (assuming you have every hour without interruption). Please give me a brief outline, so that if you get the full day I can cover it all.
This message was last edited by the GM at 16:27, Thu 02 Nov 2017.
Michael Kessler
player, 1020 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Thu 2 Nov 2017
at 18:51
  • msg #683

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Has the runner gone into the forest on Kessler's left (i.e. the side anchored by Kolstrup) or his right (anchored by Babicevs)?
Fusilier
GM, 6028 posts
Your Guide
Thu 2 Nov 2017
at 18:54
  • msg #684

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Right side.
Michael Kessler
player, 1021 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Thu 2 Nov 2017
at 18:55
  • msg #685

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Fusilier (msg # 684):

Danke schon.
Michael Kessler
player, 1023 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Thu 2 Nov 2017
at 20:15
  • msg #686

Re: OOC Thread - 16

OK, suggestions on things we need to do.

1.  We'll probably need to split our forces overnight - some people stay aboard the barge in case it's attacked (by sea), others stay in the rec hall to protect the workers in case there's an overland attack

2. Interrogate the two runaways (presuming we capture them both). I don't really think they are in league with the pirates but it would be remiss of us not to question them. Provided there's no proof that they are involved with the pirates I'd suggest we keep them detained until we get back to Gdansk then turn them loose. We need to guard the pirate anyway so we can keep them with him. Kessler has two sets of handcuffs that can be used to secure them. Does the barge have somewhere that can be used as a brig? Preferably somewhere without any axes / tools, etc that they can use to try and get loose.

3. Presuming we make it through the night, we need to load up the barge with the logs. Presumably this will entail taking the barge back to the beach where we left the logs. I'd suggest

• A recce patrol sets off before dawn to make sure there are no unpleasant surprises waiting.
• A security detachment stays behind with the barge and the workers. Once the recce patrol gives the all clear the barge and workers make their way to the beach (barge by sea, workers overland).
• Workers start loading the logs. A sub group can be sent to retrieve what's left at the original camp.
• We should probably look at what steps - if any - we can take to set up fighting positions aboard the barge where we can mount the machine guns. I don't suppose we can use any of the logs? Presumably that will need to be done during daylight, either while the barge is being loaded or once we're back at the breakwater.

4. Once we get loaded up I presume we head back to the breakwater until it's time for the off, so again we're going to need to arrange security overnight. Do we want to get the workers aboard the barge for the night? That way we only have one position to defend if we're attached (the barge) and we can make an earlier than planned exit if we have to so it seems to make sense. At this point the cots - and anything else worth taking from the hall - can be loaded on to the barge. I like the idea of giving cots to the workers as an extra payment

5. Retrieve Janku / Alesksandr.

I'm sure there's other stuff I've missed, so feel free to chip in.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2629 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Thu 2 Nov 2017
at 20:22
  • msg #687

Re: OOC Thread - 16

OK, timings.

What about:

1 hour before dawn: Get up and eat
30 minutes before dawn: three Mad Dogs and six labourers return to the base and pickup remaining gear. Meet up at logs.
Rest of unit not on barge head to logs
Dawn: barge leaves for logs. Everyone else prepares site
Dawn +15: Start loading. We should be able to load 2.5 tonnes of wood per hour (my calculations estimate 21 tonnes on the beach)
Dawn +4.15: Lunch (est: 12 tonnes loaded)
Dawn + 4.45: Loading again
Dawn + 8.45: Finish loading (est: 20 tonnes loaded: it'll get slower as people get colder and more tired)
Dawn +9.00: Return to Rec Hall/ready as many cots as we can for transport: focus on 2-3 matresses for every cot frame
Night: Sleep for labourers, sentry rotation for Mad Dogs

Day after:
1 hour before dawn: Breakfast and pile up cots
Dawn: Move barge to dock: load up cots and labourers and our gear
Dawn +1: leave


What sort of patrols and defensive perimeter should we have?
Fusilier
GM, 6029 posts
Your Guide
Thu 2 Nov 2017
at 20:45
  • msg #688

Re: OOC Thread - 16

There won't be room for the workers to sleep on the barge. Sit or snooze yes, but not set up 20+ sleeping areas. Not with timber loaded.

Logs can't be up on the main deck. It's mostly open space above the cargo hold, with two catwalks (plus a third linking the two on the middle (so it forms a H shape). There is a flat spot up near the bow, but the DSHK and crane are using up the room. A little space is around the wheelhouse and stern, but not much.

There is no temporary brig. The cargo hold will have to do.
This message was last edited by the GM at 20:45, Thu 02 Nov 2017.
Michael Kessler
player, 1024 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Thu 2 Nov 2017
at 21:10
  • msg #689

Re: OOC Thread - 16

OK, so the hold becomes the brig. I'd prefer two people on guard duty.

I guess the workers will have to sleep ashore - we don't have any option.

@Mark, the Arcadia Captain wants to leave before dawn so you'll need to adjust your timings on the second day. Or see if she'll agree to a later departure.

On day one I'd prefer to a) send a recce patrol first and b) get everyone to the logs after the recce team give the all clear, then send a team to retrieve what's been left at the original base camp.

Here's the headcount (including current location) when it comes to organising sentries and what not.

Ashore
McCarthy
Kessler
Fischer
Ferro
Riedel
O'Brien
Babicevs
Benucci
Kolstrup
Czerny

Barge
Andropov
Lines
Price
Walsh
Anna (?)

Lighthouse
Janku
Aleksandr
Michael Kessler
player, 1025 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sat 4 Nov 2017
at 20:59
  • msg #690

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Fusilier:
Please give me a brief outline, so that if you get the full day I can cover it all.

Re the recce patrol I'd suggest

Kessler
Kolstrup
Ferro
Benucci
O'Brien

Andropov can take over as assistant machine gunner if one is needed

The following can escort the workers

McCarthy
Riedel
Babicevs
Lines
Anna
Leon
Marin
Palwik
Dana

Leaves the following on the barge

Fischer (PK MG)
Walsh (Dushka)
Czerny (lookout)
Andropov (lookout)
Price (guarding prisoner)

I swapped Czerny and Lines around so that each team has at least one grenadier.

Once we're in situ at the beach (and provided there are no issues) the following can go collect the stuff left at the original camp

Kolstrup
Bennuci
O'Brien
Lines
6 x workers

If anyone wants to be on a different team - or if you want more people on the barge - say here
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2174 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Sat 4 Nov 2017
at 23:02
  • msg #691

Re: OOC Thread - 16

OOC: Looks good to me!
Fusilier
GM, 6031 posts
Your Guide
Sun 5 Nov 2017
at 03:06
  • msg #692

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I was going to continue on with the next day's activities, but the turn post was getting long enough as it is. So I'll put it up tomorrow some time in a separate post.

If you want, but you don't have to, you can use the interim as an opportunity to deal with the missing workers or anything else before everyone beds down for the night.
Michael Kessler
player, 1027 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sun 5 Nov 2017
at 11:42
  • msg #693

Re: OOC Thread - 16

If anyone wants the knife taken from the runaway say here, otherwise we can add it to stores.
Varis Babicevs
player, 1514 posts
Sgt (Latvia)
Raellus
Mon 6 Nov 2017
at 03:03
  • msg #694

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Michael Kessler:
If anyone wants the knife taken from the runaway say here, otherwise we can add it to stores.


Varis will take it. He lost his fighting knife swimming out to Valeska's barge during the mission to free it.

-
Michael Kessler
player, 1028 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Tue 7 Nov 2017
at 12:48
  • msg #695

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I’m struggling to think of a proportionate punishment for the two thieves.

We could take them back to the compound and make them carry out forced labour for a period of time but they’d have to be watched like hawks to make sure they didn’t steal anything else. And we’d need to feed them. And when we finally let them go they’d likely have a pretty big grudge and know quite a bit about the layout of our defences. So that doesn’t seem like a particularly good idea.

We could give them a kicking then send them on their way but personally I wouldn’t be comfortable with Kessler giving that order (or turning a blind eye). We’re soldiers, not thugs.

So I’m inclined to think we just tell them to bugger off (without pay obviously). That way loss of wages serves as their punishment.

Anyone have any objection to turning them loose? Or any other suggestions?

Also, I presume everyone is happy enough heading back to the compound.
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2175 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Tue 7 Nov 2017
at 15:06
  • msg #696

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Michael Kessler:
I’m struggling to think of a proportionate punishment for the two thieves.

We could take them back to the compound and make them carry out forced labour for a period of time but they’d have to be watched like hawks to make sure they didn’t steal anything else. And we’d need to feed them. And when we finally let them go they’d likely have a pretty big grudge and know quite a bit about the layout of our defences. So that doesn’t seem like a particularly good idea.

We could give them a kicking then send them on their way but personally I wouldn’t be comfortable with Kessler giving that order (or turning a blind eye). We’re soldiers, not thugs.

So I’m inclined to think we just tell them to bugger off (without pay obviously). That way loss of wages serves as their punishment.

Anyone have any objection to turning them loose? Or any other suggestions?

Also, I presume everyone is happy enough heading back to the compound.

I was just thinking on this.  Frank was going to give them some parting advice about fair wages for fair work.  Since he didn't lay hands on them, a cool demeanor and delivery might send a decent message?  We could also threaten to turn them over to the authorities and tell the laborers that hire people to blacklist the two who stole from us reinforcing that people don't like to hire thieves!

An ass whoopin' was a consideration as well but, we don't need a bunch of low-level thugs to worry about throwing a wrench in our business.  Although, not paying them could do the same thing?  We've made someone (else) unhappy so they can stand in line.  Make sense?

Regardless, I agree with not paying them and kicking them loose with a warning.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2631 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Tue 7 Nov 2017
at 17:03
  • msg #697

Re: OOC Thread - 16

They've forfeited their pay in my books. Anything else seems too punitive.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2632 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Tue 7 Nov 2017
at 17:05
  • msg #698

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Also, what about divvying up their share of pay between the other workers to thank them for their loyalty? If we buy the wood for ourselves we could give a little cash (loose bullets) bonus to the ones that stayed with us.
Michael Kessler
player, 1029 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Tue 7 Nov 2017
at 17:28
  • msg #699

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I’m totally fine with Benucci having a word with them before we send them on their way with no wages. I just wanted to make sure that people didn’t think we were letting them off too lightly.

I’ve no objection to splitting the two thieves’ share amongst the other workers. I’d also suggest some sort of bonus for Joe the foreman. I think he's earned it. And keeping him onside might be a good ide if we need to recruit workers again in the future.
Ferro
player, 868 posts
CaporaleMaggior (It)
Jinnysong
Tue 7 Nov 2017
at 19:19
  • msg #700

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Losing a week's wage is not getting off lightly IMO. That's all we need to do.

Then again... they still got to eat everyday. If I thought of it before Ferro might have suggested not feeding them on the last day plus breakfast today. It wouldn't harm them (being just a day) and feeding them is still another way of paying them.

I'm good with the foreman getting a bonus.
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2176 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Tue 7 Nov 2017
at 19:52
  • msg #701

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Ferro:
Losing a week's wage is not getting off lightly IMO. That's all we need to do.

Then again... they still got to eat everyday. If I thought of it before Ferro might have suggested not feeding them on the last day plus breakfast today. It wouldn't harm them (being just a day) and feeding them is still another way of paying them.

I'm good with the foreman getting a bonus.

I like the idea of not feeding them too.
Ferro
player, 870 posts
CaporaleMaggior (It)
Jinnysong
Tue 7 Nov 2017
at 19:56
  • msg #702

Re: OOC Thread - 16

We have been gone for almost a week. It might be a good idea to send word to Fox and the others contracted out. To make sure they are still ok.
Billy 'Crack' O'Brien
player, 1035 posts
Cpl (UK) Airborne
Cymon
Tue 7 Nov 2017
at 20:15
  • msg #703

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Francis 'Frank' Benucci (msg # 701):

Take their shoes. Sounds good giving a bonus.
Michael Kessler
player, 1031 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Tue 7 Nov 2017
at 20:58
  • msg #704

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Francis 'Frank' Benucci:
"Unless you need me, I'll stay with Valseka in case there's a problem with the two people we unfriended?"

@Corkman, we'll probably be heading back to the compound. Up to you if you want to stay with the barge but we do have NPC's that can pull security if you want to head back.
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2178 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Tue 7 Nov 2017
at 21:00
  • msg #705

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Michael Kessler:
Francis 'Frank' Benucci:
"Unless you need me, I'll stay with Valseka in case there's a problem with the two people we unfriended?"

@Corkman, we'll probably be heading back to the compound. Up to you if you want to stay with the barge but we do have NPC's that can pull security if you want to head back.

I'll head back with the group then
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2634 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Tue 7 Nov 2017
at 21:31
  • msg #706

Re: OOC Thread - 16

If it's OK with everyone, does it make sense to skip to the ARR meeting?
Ferro
player, 871 posts
CaporaleMaggior (It)
Jinnysong
Tue 7 Nov 2017
at 21:39
  • msg #707

Re: OOC Thread - 16

What is ARR?
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2635 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Tue 7 Nov 2017
at 21:43
  • msg #708

Re: OOC Thread - 16

After Action Report. I added too many Rs and not enough As.
Chris Walsh
player, 171 posts
Callsign Hades
Tue 7 Nov 2017
at 21:45
  • msg #709

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Ooh arr, me hearties!

Sorry...couldn't resist...
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2636 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Wed 8 Nov 2017
at 10:35
  • msg #710

Re: OOC Thread - 16

LOL.

In school we have ARR (assessment, recording and reporting), that must have been on my mind.
Per Kolstrup
player, 547 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Wed 8 Nov 2017
at 23:37
  • msg #711

Re: OOC Thread - 16


Ferro's post made me realize that my PCs have only one set of clothes, each. They must stink.
I'd like to pick up a second set, even if it's civie stuff just to wear around base or while they're laundering their fatigues.

Do we have a domestic on premises? If not, I think we should look into hiring someone to help us with cooking and cleaning.

Varis would like to deduct 4x 40mmS grenades from stores.

Per would like to deduct 20 rounds 7.62mmN from stores.

-
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2637 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Sat 11 Nov 2017
at 12:13
  • msg #712

Re: OOC Thread - 16

OK, there seem to be four things we can be getting on with, though only two need active PC engagement:

1) Ferro, Walsh and whoever else wants to go start tracking down leads to the pirates. (Active group)
2) Kessler and whoever wants to go will visit the Marians to try and track down medical supplies and the munitions factory to try and link up with ammo. If that doesn't work it' hitting the markets again.
3) JJ and NPCs: Compound security/defences/militia training/getting use out of the gassifier.
4) Andropov: sort out the Hummer we've traded for and some weapon maintenance.

Say what your PCs want  to be involved in, or, of course, add other courses of action that you want me to include in my conclusion/order post and I'll put them in.
Sabine Riedel
player, 288 posts
Soldat (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sat 11 Nov 2017
at 14:31
  • msg #713

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Provided there are no unexpected medical emergencies Riedel will help Andropov with the vehicles. She can put the skills she learned in the tractor factory to use (Mechanic 1/7, Machinist 2/9).
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2181 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Sat 11 Nov 2017
at 14:58
  • msg #714

Re: OOC Thread - 16

If it's OK with Ferro, I'd like to join her team.  What skills do you need?
Billy 'Crack' O'Brien
player, 1037 posts
Cpl (UK) Airborne
Cymon
Sun 12 Nov 2017
at 00:13
  • msg #715

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to John Jameson McCarthy (msg # 712):

Billy will help with the Marians and the munitions factory. Thanks.
Per Kolstrup
player, 549 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Sun 12 Nov 2017
at 00:43
  • msg #716

Re: OOC Thread - 16


Per needs a second set of clothing, either fatigues or civie to wear around base. Varis too, but he's not one for shopping. Varis will ask Per to pick him up a set. So, Per would like to join whoever is visiting a market.

-
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2639 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Sun 12 Nov 2017
at 10:44
  • msg #717

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I've switched Fischer and Price around. Price has the munitions contact.
Michael Kessler
player, 1036 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sun 12 Nov 2017
at 12:26
  • msg #718

Re: OOC Thread - 16

For the shopping I'd planned to go to the Munitions factory / markets first (Fuse says the Solidarity market is close to the munitions factory so that's effectively one stop), followed by the Marians.

If anyone has any specific shopping requests probably best to shout out here. At the moment I have

• Ammo for all heavy weapons (Mortar, Carl Gustav, RPG-7's)
• One shot anti armour weapons (LAW /  RPG-18 type)
• Mounts for the Dushka, .50 cal, and AGS-17
• 40mm grenades (Pact and NATO)
• NVG's
• Spare clothing for Babicevs / Kolstrup
• Medical supplies
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2182 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Sun 12 Nov 2017
at 13:22
  • msg #719

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Michael Kessler (msg # 718):

If you can find a set of civilian clothing for Frank, that would be appreciated
Ferro
player, 874 posts
CaporaleMaggior (It)
Jinnysong
Sun 12 Nov 2017
at 18:21
  • msg #720

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Francis 'Frank' Benucci (msg # 714):

I don't know for sure but I would guess persuasion and observation.
Ferro
player, 876 posts
CaporaleMaggior (It)
Jinnysong
Sun 12 Nov 2017
at 18:22
  • msg #721

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I'm not sure if I put my turn up too soon but I wanted it done before the next day started. Maybe cut and repost later if necessary?
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2641 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Sun 12 Nov 2017
at 18:28
  • msg #722

Re: OOC Thread - 16

As much spare clothing as possible would be good.

Over sized boots: a couple of sized bigger than people need: wellies would be fine.

Untreated wool.
Michael Kessler
player, 1037 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sun 12 Nov 2017
at 18:32
  • msg #723

Re: OOC Thread - 16

John Jameson McCarthy:
Untreated wool.

Just checking - we've already got 50 kilos of the stuff in stores. Do you want more?
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2642 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Sun 12 Nov 2017
at 18:54
  • msg #724

Re: OOC Thread - 16

If we can at a reasonable price, yes, I have a plan. If it's not cheap though, leave it.
Fusilier
GM, 6035 posts
Your Guide
Mon 13 Nov 2017
at 22:04
  • msg #725

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I only have one group's events done so far. I stopped it where you have the option to either continue on to St.Mary's as planned or go to a pub where Morawieki is currently at. Or you can go to different location altogether.
This message was last edited by the GM at 22:10, Mon 13 Nov 2017.
Chris Walsh
player, 176 posts
Callsign Hades
Mon 13 Nov 2017
at 22:51
  • msg #726

Re: OOC Thread - 16

My vote would be to go to the pub. We can always do the Marians later but this might be the only chance we get to talk to Morawiecki.
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2184 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Tue 14 Nov 2017
at 03:16
  • msg #727

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Ferro:
In reply to Francis 'Frank' Benucci (msg # 714):

I don't know for sure but I would guess persuasion and observation.

Persuasion is only at a Level 1 but Observation is at Level 5.
Fusilier
GM, 6038 posts
Your Guide
Tue 14 Nov 2017
at 03:20
  • msg #728

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Cork (and everyone else), I just had everyone go on foot to make things easy and keep you together.

If you really want the Iltis though I can retcon it in.
This message was last edited by the GM at 03:21, Tue 14 Nov 2017.
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2185 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Tue 14 Nov 2017
at 03:22
  • msg #729

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Fusilier (msg # 728):

It it's not that big of a deal, no worries.  I'm late catching up ayways and wanted to get a post up.  I guess on foot would be OK?
Ferro
player, 879 posts
CaporaleMaggior (It)
Jinnysong
Tue 14 Nov 2017
at 03:23
  • msg #730

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Yeah I'd rather Frank stays with us as a group too.
Michael Kessler
player, 1039 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Tue 14 Nov 2017
at 19:13
  • msg #731

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I haven't forgotten about trying to hire an IED guy but I didn't want to jump right in with it. What I'm hoping that we can ultimately achieve is to set up an 'account' with the munitions factory, perhaps by paying a deposit now. That way going forward if / when we need ammo resupply we can just send a message to the factory detailing what we need. They would then deliver to the compound and deduct the cost from our 'account'. That way we can take our ammo resupply off camera rather than having to have a shopping trip,

Also, any opinions on whether we should try and buy one of the PIAT's? One the one hand it's heavy but on the other ammo resupply might be easier (albeit locally manufactured). Personally I'm happy to try and get one if we can - at some point we're going to run out of rounds for the Carl Gustav.

Finally, for Kolstrup, Price, and O'Brien, if you would prefer to skip the trip to the Marians I'm fine taking Kessler there on his own if you'd rather check out the markets. Or bars.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2644 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Tue 14 Nov 2017
at 19:54
  • msg #732

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I'd say get a PIAT, it'll keep us sweet with the factory if we buy their new toys. Also, setting up an account is great.

I think the may be producing RPG7 rounds which we could use (I've noticed that Anna is carrying an RPG-7 round in her inventory, typical teen-ager: I'll look up BSL for "you only had to ask me"). Later, if we prove good customers, we may be able to get a custom order of 81mm mortar rounds, but that's another story.
Fusilier
GM, 6039 posts
Your Guide
Tue 14 Nov 2017
at 19:55
  • msg #733

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Oh yeah, she does. I forgot she was carrying that around.
Michael Kessler
player, 1040 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Tue 14 Nov 2017
at 21:20
  • msg #734

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Anyone object to part paying with diesel?
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2645 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Tue 14 Nov 2017
at 21:30
  • msg #735

Re: OOC Thread - 16

No, I'd prefer it.
Fusilier
GM, 6041 posts
Your Guide
Wed 15 Nov 2017
at 07:50
  • msg #736

Re: OOC Thread - 16

The textile plant in Forest City is real. Before modern mechanization it employed 400 people so it's big (only 50 people in later years, but that's still a lot in game world Gdansk). They produced clothing, rucksacks, shoes, upholstery-furniture, decorative stuff, ropes, sausage and fish nets, and had dye equipment too.

Just some trivia in anyone is interested.

https://www.gedanopedia.pl/gdansk/?title=PASANIL
This message was last edited by the GM at 07:57, Wed 15 Nov 2017.
Fusilier
GM, 6043 posts
Your Guide
Wed 15 Nov 2017
at 08:01
  • msg #737

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Reposted my Sikora post to include answering Kolstrup.
Fusilier
GM, 6046 posts
Your Guide
Thu 16 Nov 2017
at 17:43
  • msg #738

Re: OOC Thread - 16

For Walsh and Frank, you are able to get seated (so you know how far your turn can go).
Francis 'Frank' Benucci
player, 2186 posts
Sgt (US) Ranger
Corkman
Thu 16 Nov 2017
at 20:53
  • msg #739

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Fusilier:
For Walsh and Frank, you are able to get seated (so you know how far your turn can go).

OK< it's been a busy week for me so, I'll try to catch up by tomorrow.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2648 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Sat 18 Nov 2017
at 20:14
  • msg #740

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I've mocked up some art for the Mad Dogs and put it on a hosting site, but I'm not sure how to post it so it shows here.

The address is:
https://imgur.com/SHiTAkH

Am I using the wrong sort of image hosting website?
This message was last edited by the player at 20:15, Sat 18 Nov 2017.
Fusilier
GM, 6049 posts
Your Guide
Sat 18 Nov 2017
at 20:18
  • msg #742

Re: OOC Thread - 16



John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2649 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Sat 18 Nov 2017
at 20:43
  • msg #743

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Thanks.

Tom doesn't have Paint or the internet but if people like it we can probably hire someone.

If we do add it, I'd suggest preparing some bolts around it and having plain covers to put over in case we want to go incognito.
Michael Kessler
player, 1043 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sat 18 Nov 2017
at 20:49
  • msg #744

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Or maybe something slightly less distinctive?







(OK, maybe the last one's distinctive...)
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2650 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Sat 18 Nov 2017
at 21:09
  • msg #745

Re: OOC Thread - 16

But a lot friendlier...
Michael Kessler
player, 1045 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sat 18 Nov 2017
at 21:13
  • msg #746

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to John Jameson McCarthy (msg # 745):

To be fair, neither Humvee has a name (afaik) which strikes me as a bit unusual.

We could call them Scooby and Scrappy.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2651 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Sat 18 Nov 2017
at 21:46
  • msg #747

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Maybe we could get a Charge Fanfare car horn for Scrappy-Doo.
Varis Babicevs
player, 1517 posts
Sgt (Latvia)
Raellus
Sat 18 Nov 2017
at 23:00
  • msg #748

Re: OOC Thread - 16


Nice work, Mark. I like it.

The other ones are pretty cool too.

I hate Scrappy-Doo. Even as a kid, I hated him. He ruined Scooby-Doo for me. I will quit this game if we call anything Scrappy-Doo, or use his stupid ass for a logo.

-
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2652 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Sun 19 Nov 2017
at 08:59
  • msg #749

Re: OOC Thread - 16

air enough, I was wondering if that might get a reaction, my niece hates Scrappy-Doo too.

There are:

Scrappy-Dum
Yabba-Doo
Scrappy-Dee

All brothers or cousins of Scooby.

Or we could go with Scooby and Shaggy so that when we split up we can send the two Humvees into certain death.
Michael Kessler
player, 1046 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sun 19 Nov 2017
at 09:12
  • msg #750

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I had no idea Scrappy Doo was hated.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2653 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Sun 19 Nov 2017
at 09:21