RolePlay onLine RPoL Logo

, welcome to Twilight 2000 - The Modern Dark Ages

10:40, 22nd May 2024 (GMT+0)

OOC Thread - 16.

Posted by FusilierFor group 0
Fusilier
GM, 6130 posts
Your Guide
Sat 27 Jan 2018
at 20:22
  • msg #957

Re: OOC Thread - 16

In reply to Per Kolstrup (msg # 952):

Sorry, that was overlooked.
This message was last edited by the GM at 20:39, Sat 27 Jan 2018.
Ferro
player, 930 posts
CaporaleMaggior (It)
Jinnysong
Sun 28 Jan 2018
at 02:17
  • msg #958

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Welcome to the game.
Tom Stark
player, 3 posts
Sgt (US) Infantry
Guncrazy
Sun 28 Jan 2018
at 09:21
  • msg #959

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Thanks everyone.
Fusilier
GM, 6133 posts
Your Guide
Mon 29 Jan 2018
at 23:55
  • msg #960

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Turn is up.

Ferro didn't get a chance to add a second post, but I'll rule that she passed on the mortar team's message to McCarthy (as Andropov requested).



Just to summarize where everyone is:

For the Assault guys, I went ahead and moved you all to the M113 to get that out of the way. I wasn't sure about McCarthy, but in this turn he can be there as well if he wants.

Fischer is on the beach with six Stal guys and one prisoner, close to the AFV/anchor.

Kolstrup is also on the beach, but still further down by the first shipwreck. Jan and Tosh and there as well.

Everyone else is in the southern forest.
Michael Kessler
player, 1126 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Wed 31 Jan 2018
at 10:07
  • msg #961

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I’m really reluctant to just abandon Janku and the others without trying to do something to help them. Therefore I’m going to have Kessler remain in place and try and identify the incoming forces. His thought process would be that they are probably either a) more pirates (or another bandit group) b) regular Warpac troops (hopefully Polish) or c) local militia

If it’s option a he’s kinda stuffed. But if it’s b or c then his thinking is that hopefully there’s a chance that they can be negotiated with, especially if they’re here to take action against the pirates (‘No need for that comrade, we’ve already dealt with them so they won’t be bothering you again. So if you could see your way clear to letting our people join us we’ll be on our way and no one else needs to get hurt today. Oh, and watch out for the plague.”) Something along those lines.

I’ll phrase things so that the people with him can either stay behind and give him a little back up or head back to the shanty if they prefer.

I’m well aware this is a highly risky course so I’m posting here to say that if it all goes horribly wrong I’m not expecting / asking anyone else to risk their PC trying to extricate him / the NPC’s.
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2714 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Wed 31 Jan 2018
at 10:47
  • msg #962

Re: OOC Thread - 16

I know what you mean, that's why I phrased the withdraw as a suggestion not an order. If Kessler can manufacture something, JJ will try to hold the jetty so we can be picked up off the beach in a Baltic Operation Dynamo.
Fusilier
GM, 6135 posts
Your Guide
Wed 31 Jan 2018
at 12:07
  • msg #963

Re: OOC Thread - 16

quote:
OOC: Frank probably remembers the alarm better but, his player, doesn't.  Feel free to refresh my memory...


During the expedition to recover the diesel you briefly stayed in Stutthof and a siren was heard.

This is the post from back then:

Moments later the clouds above the camp open up. The pitter-patter of raindrops rises quickly, pelting off the parked vehicles and down through the breaks in the trees. The water is cold and enough to give a mild shock as the first drops begin to soak through your uniforms. Then over the rain comes another sound, distant and well away from the camp, but still loud and menacing. The haunting wail rises, passing over over Stutthof from somewhere off to the east, then dies a slow and drawn out death. In the brief span of only a couple minutes that pass afterward, sporadic gunfire, never much more than a few shots ever now and then, crackle softly against the rain.

I added an audio clip as well (you have to give it a few seconds for the siren to start):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syWhwn3aRfQ
Per Kolstrup
player, 591 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Wed 31 Jan 2018
at 19:24
  • msg #964

Re: OOC Thread - 16


Leadership isn't easy. I commend our IC leaders for playing the role.

I'll reply IC when I get home from work.

-
Billy 'Crack' O'Brien
player, 1062 posts
Cpl (UK) Airborne
Cymon
Thu 1 Feb 2018
at 21:10
  • msg #965

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Hi, Just an quick update. The expected install on the 1st did not happen and we have now descended in the black abyss of inspections not being signed off so they have to be rescheduled for the 13th and the actual install is who knows. So sorry hopefully we will be up and running again in a week or so.

Cymon
Fusilier
GM, 6137 posts
Your Guide
Fri 2 Feb 2018
at 16:34
  • msg #966

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Turn is partially up. I still need to sort out things for those in the forest though.
Fusilier
GM, 6138 posts
Your Guide
Fri 2 Feb 2018
at 17:00
  • msg #967

Re: OOC Thread - 16

Also, just for clarity, the following are present at the M113 "anchor" or nearby...

Fischer
Russian prisoner
Ferro
Riedel
Frank
Walsh
Price
O'Brien
Kolstrup
Janacek
Lines
Six Stal guys

McCarthy and Varis are elsewhere in the shantytown.
This message was last edited by the GM at 17:00, Fri 02 Feb 2018.
Fusilier
GM, 6140 posts
Your Guide
Fri 2 Feb 2018
at 20:50
  • msg #968

Re: OOC Thread - 16


John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2717 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Sat 3 Feb 2018
at 09:24
  • msg #969

JJ's next orders

OK.

Logic tells me that my next orders/move will be to suggest that Monolith find their lost section and then get back to our position before I return to you lot on the beach.

Interest says we let Monolith and our heavy weapons hold the beach and Mad Dogs find the section.

I'm good with either of these options (leaning toward the logical choice), but either is fine with me.

Or, of course, something else.

So:

Consolidate on the beach

Look for Monolith

Other

What do you want me to go with?
Michael Kessler
player, 1129 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sat 3 Feb 2018
at 15:07
  • msg #970

JJ's next orders

Walsh has answered Ferro's question with options to set up / defend the perimeter, Basically

• Some of us check out the bunkers at the south side of teh shanty and see if they're still usable
• If so we set up in them (or at least some of us do) and if we have any claymores use them to cover the approaches
• Either look at options to sink the trawler or persuade any crew still aboard to surrender
• Some of us check out the stuff where the sub was docked (crates, high pressure cylinders, and an assortment of other items.)

If you want to go in a different direction, e,g, turning over beach defence to Monolith feel free to disregard the above, although I do think it makes more sense for Monolith to look for Monolith's missing squad while the Mad Dogs concentrate on the south given that's where the Mad Dogs' own missing squad is.

Also, I need input on the mortar, which is, presumably, with Janku et al.

Clearly I'd like to take the mortar with us but I feel like Kessler is already pushing his luck trying to get the people out. So if taking the mortar is going to jeopardise getting the people out (e.g. if it takes time to dismantle it) Kessler would order Janku to spike it (so that it can't be used against us) then leave it. His priority is the people not the mortar. Weapons are replaceable, the people aren't.

I realise that people can get attached to heavy weapons so if anyone objects to that course of action please say so and let me know what you want to do instead (bearing in mind that we probably don't have a huge amount of time).
Lukas Fischer
player, 309 posts
Callsign 'Kriegshammer'
Spartan-117
Sat 3 Feb 2018
at 15:34
  • msg #971

JJ's next orders

I'd say if we can get our people, that's enough.  Losing the mortar is a small price to pay.

Also: We need new OOC thread please Fuze!  Thanks!!
Per Kolstrup
player, 593 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Sat 3 Feb 2018
at 17:23
  • msg #972

JJ's next orders


AFAIK, the maps of the pirate camp haven't shown the east side. Is there a berm there too? Bunkers? Am I correct in my understanding that the large, likely hostile force Kessler has made contact with is approaching the pirate camp from the east?

-
Michael Kessler
player, 1130 posts
Hauptmann (Ger)
Dave Ross
Sat 3 Feb 2018
at 17:28
  • msg #973

JJ's next orders

In reply to Per Kolstrup (msg # 972):

I thought they were west of the shanty (back in the direction of where it says left axis on this map)

Fusilier:
Updated map showing current positions. Support is on the left and Assault on the right. Kolstrup and AGS team are to the rear and at edge of beach treeline. Monolith is on the extreme right.

Militias are in depth, somewhere.

Map is not to scale.

Reminder, if you were carrying assigned gear you are still carrying assigned gear.


Per Kolstrup
player, 594 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Sat 3 Feb 2018
at 17:34
  • msg #974

JJ's next orders

In reply to Michael Kessler (msg # 973):

Possibly, I'm just not clear on it. Per came from the west but he's neither seen nor heard any of the action described as taking place between the incoming force and Kessler's party. I guess I'm just confused. And the ???, do we not know what that looks like now?

-
John Jameson McCarthy
player, 2718 posts
Major (US) Cavalry
Mark101
Sat 3 Feb 2018
at 19:09
  • msg #975

JJ's next orders

Getting our people out and getting clear is enough, don't worry about the mortar.
Fusilier
GM, 6141 posts
Your Guide
Sat 3 Feb 2018
at 23:34
  • msg #976

JJ's next orders

The enemy are coming from the southwest, same direction you came from when you landed.

Kolstrup didn't see any of the events happening with Kessler/Andropov as that's happening far behind him, almost way back to where you landed, but not quite.

Correct, I haven't shown the shantytown's other side. You didn't enter it and it was Monolith's responsibility, so I cut it out. If you ask Monolith they'd tell you there is no barrier on the opposite side (lagoon side) of the beach.

Also, unless an exception was stated somewhere you don't have your packs (msg 798)... except Kolstrup. He's supposed to be carrying pack with extra rifle magazines/ammo for the group.
This message was last edited by the GM at 23:44, Sat 03 Feb 2018.
Ferro
player, 933 posts
CaporaleMaggior (It)
Jinnysong
Sun 4 Feb 2018
at 00:05
  • msg #977

JJ's next orders

I wouldn't worry about the mortar. Let's just get our people out.

I think we should focus on the beach. We are already there and Monolith is be best suited to getting their own men out of trouble for a number of reasons.
Per Kolstrup
player, 595 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Sun 4 Feb 2018
at 01:05
  • msg #978

Re: JJ's next orders

Fusilier:
Kolstrup didn't see any of the events happening with Kessler/Andropov as that's happening far behind him, almost way back to where you landed, but not quite.


I just got confused because one post, Kessler's in the shantytown, then he's far behind Per. It seemed really abrupt.

Also, I haven't posted as Varis because he's with JJM and I don't know where they are/what they are doing.

Is there anything Per can use for cover at the end of the dock? If not, I'd prefer he set up atop the M113 pier anchor.

-
This message was last edited by the player at 01:06, Sun 04 Feb 2018.
Fusilier
GM, 6142 posts
Your Guide
Sun 4 Feb 2018
at 01:09
  • msg #979

Re: JJ's next orders

In reply to Per Kolstrup (msg # 978):

It probably seemed like that because I cut Kessler out of the narrative for a turn or two when he was in between the two places (instead of just saying "Kessler keeps moving").

Varis is my fault. I forgot to include linking up with Monolith. Mark asked about it in a PM and I covered the omission there in the PM, but I overlooked sending you the same info. I'll fix that, sorry.
Per Kolstrup
player, 596 posts
Oversergent (Den)
Raellus
Sun 4 Feb 2018
at 01:13
  • msg #980

Re: JJ's next orders

In reply to Fusilier (msg # 979):

No worries. I'm trying hard to do a better job not missing stuff so having just missed stuff, I was stressing a bit.

Is there anything Per can use for cover at the end of the dock? If not, I'd prefer he set up atop the M113 pier anchor.

-
Fusilier
GM, 6144 posts
Your Guide
Sun 4 Feb 2018
at 01:37
  • msg #981

Re: JJ's next orders

There is a small platform between the dock and the shipwreck that it is connected to. On that platform are some crates and high pressure cylinders, and some other stuff (hard to see). That's the only cover.
Sign In