RolePlay onLine RPoL Logo

, welcome to Twilight Cruise (T2K: Pirates of the Vistula)

04:22, 23rd February 2024 (GMT+0)

Ch. 7: The Bridge at Szczucin.

Posted by Cap'n RaeFor group archive 0
Cap'n Rae
GM, 507 posts
Long-time T2K Fan
First-time GM
Thu 17 Jan 2008
at 00:28
  • msg #192

That Confounded Bridge


Bear is deposited as per Anneka's instructions. A cursory examination of the wound indicates that, although the tourniquet has slowed the bleeding, it hasn't stopped it. Given the patients weakened, almost delirious condition, it's possible- likely even- that he will die if the bleeding is not soon stopped.

Tucker and Snowy switch positions with the Australian heading for the tug and the American manning the PKM in the collapsed bunker at the western end of the bridge, alongside Yazzie.

Back on board the Krolowa, Snowy reports to Anneka, as ordered,

"Konrad said you needed a hand." Snowy smiles weakly at his own attempt at humor before continuing, "I'll wash up right quick. What else do you- er, we- need?"

Minh continues her inspection of the bridge, trying to figure out the most promising spots to place their limited supply of explosives. Konrad stands nearby, musing at the situation.

Milk and Kasparov continue to keep watch at the bridge's eastern end. They've neither seen nor heard any sign of the enemy. The lone survivor must have beat feet for safer parts.

Actions?
Clarence Milk
NPC, 116 posts
Chief Warrant Officer 2
U.S. Army Special Forces
Thu 17 Jan 2008
at 00:57
  • msg #193

Re: That Confounded Bridge

Jason Kasparov:
"Shouldn't they really move the boat past the bridge before they blow this bitch?I mean, what if it blocks the river when it collapses?"

Reaching in his pocket, Jason pulls out two sugar packets. "Want a hit of home?"


"I think the problem is the boat can't get past the bridge in the first place. We ran into someone on the river who said it'd be a problem. I can't really tell from up here but it looks like whoever's steerin' the tug agrees."

Clarence switches his partial mag for a fresh one. He glances over to see Jason holding out the little sugar packet,

"Man, is that what I think it is? Damn! I'll take some o' that. Thanks Kasparov. You're good people; I don't care what the others say." he says with a broad smile, reaching out to take the pilot's offering.

Milk
L86A2 LSW 30/30
Guarding and chatting

John Yazzie
player, 227 posts
Corporal
USMC
Thu 17 Jan 2008
at 02:54
  • msg #194

Re: That Confounded Bridge

"tucker i will call out targets with my scope but try not to fire i will guide your burst onto target with my correction"


John will try to do his best to get cover and concealment and be able to view the killing area in front of him.




John
Getting into position
G3/1911
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
player, 288 posts
Platoon Sergeant
10th Mountain Division
Thu 17 Jan 2008
at 15:27
  • msg #195

Re: Back to Business

Konrad Bayer:
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker:
Once the wounded have been taken aboard, Robert steers the small craft back to their 'staging' area on the shore and reports back to Bayer.


Bayer crouches down on, taking some of the weight off his back from the heavily loaded webbing and kevlar. He watches from a distance as Quyen inspects the bridge.

When Tucker approaches he says, "Ok Tuck. Snowy is needed aboard the tug to help Soleblume. Swap weapons ja? Man the machinegun in his place."
Tuck nods in compliance with Bayer.  "Roger that Konrad, I'm on it," Tucker says as he moves over to where Snowy is covering with the MG.

Rob taps Snowy on the shoulder, "Konrad wants you back on the tug to help out with the wounded.  Take my '16' and leave me your MG.  I'll take it from here buddy!"

Tucker
PK MG
Swapping weapons with Snowy so he can return to the tug to help with wounded

Anneka Soleblume
player, 320 posts
Major
Israeli Medic
Fri 18 Jan 2008
at 03:48
  • msg #196

Re: That Confounded Bridge

Cap'n Rae:
Bear is deposited as per Anneka's instructions. A cursory examination of the wound indicates that, although the tourniquet has slowed the bleeding, it hasn't stopped it. Given the patients weakened, almost delirious condition, it's possible- likely even- that he will die if the bleeding is not soon stopped.

Back on board the Krolowa, Snowy reports to Anneka, as ordered,
"Konrad said you needed a hand." Snowy smiles weakly at his own attempt at humor before continuing, "I'll wash up right quick. What else do you- er, we- need?"

Weak fom her injuries and the exursions of the previous few hours, Anneka could barely stay on her feet as she directed Snowy in caring for first Bear and then the boy Mariusz. It was a slow process but at least Snowy had some previous experience with caring for the wounded.
Finally it was done, only time would tell now if the big man lived or died.
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
player, 289 posts
Platoon Sergeant
10th Mountain Division
Fri 18 Jan 2008
at 17:59
  • msg #197

Re: That Confounded Bridge

John Yazzie:
"tucker i will call out targets with my scope but try not to fire i will guide your burst onto target with my correction"


"Gotcha Yazz," Tucker says as he finishes getting the PKM set up.
Cap'n Rae
GM, 508 posts
Long-time T2K Fan
First-time GM
Sat 19 Jan 2008
at 01:36
  • msg #198

Death From Above


About an hour has passed since the last Soviet bridge defender was chased off. In that time, Minh has assessed the damaged bridge. The job, she's ashamed to admit, may be a bit beyond her abilities. She has a couple of ideas for how it could be done, but she's not quite sure how to proceed so she takes her time, hoping that the added delay will guarantee a safe rather than sorry end to her mission.

In the makeshift operating theater, Anneka (with Snowy acting as her hands) attempts to staunch the bloody leg wound of the Polish partisan introduced only as 'Bear'. Not for lack of trying, the grizzled warrior bleeds out on the table after a half an hour of frantic work, his last intelligible words being, "Tell the brother not to bother praying for my soul..."

After a short break to regain their composure, the symbiotic team of Anneka and Snow move on to Griet, successfully removing all of the shrapnel from her body, and suturing her larger wounds. The job is so well done, Annea believes that Griet's overall recovery should be speeded along. Next, Adam's wounds are tended. After the now almost routine job of shrapnel removal and wound stitching, the trickier task of cleaning out and closing up the old Captain's destroyed right eye is begun. It is difficult, but the team manages to do a clean job of it, and Old Adam is laid aside to continue his rest. As the medical team begins to wash the blood off of their hands, they hear a low, rythmic thudding sound, reverberating down through the hull of the old tug.

Those on deck and on shore hear it sooner, the unmistakable THWOP of rotor blades cutting through the cold early afternoon air. Away aft, to the south, the boxy, mottled two-tone grey shape of a Soviet-designed Mi-17 HIP swings towards the Visla Krolowa from the southeast, coming on fast at between 500 and 1000 feet. It is probably only a couple of kilometers away and will be in range to do real harm in only a few seconds...

Actions?
Jason Kasparov
player, 45 posts
Warrant Officer 1
U.S. Army Blackhawk Pilot
Sat 19 Jan 2008
at 06:21
  • msg #199

Re: Death From Above

The familiar sound of rotors makes Jason's ears perk up. The natural canyon created by the riverbank makes it hard to determine the exact location of the copter, but its sound can't be mistaken.

"Chopper!" Jason yells, though anyone in earshot is already aware. Swinging his weapon around, he yells at Milk. "Let it pass over, then aim for the tail rotor."

Jason Kasparov
AK-47 15-15
Searching for the chopper, going to shoot its tail rotor
This message was last edited by the player at 06:27, Sat 19 Jan 2008.
Mariusz Tokarski
player, 61 posts
Polish
Teenaged Partisan
Sat 19 Jan 2008
at 09:32
  • msg #200

Re: Death From Above

The sound of the helicopter penetrated the waves of pain in Mariusz's head. Bear was dead and the partisan group he had joined was down to two. Now, with a helicopter coming for them it could be even lower. Still numbed by his friend's death, Mariusz took the situation in. The tug had several big guns capable of anti-aircraft fire, in particular an Dushka was on the right side to so some damage. he leapt to his feet and ran for the Dushka.

His intentions were clear, if he reached the Dushka alive and it was unmanned, he would open fire on the heliocopter as best he could, if someone was already on it, he would assist them with ammunition feed.

Mariusz
No Gun (he left it on deck in his rush)
Running for the Dushkas pointing towards the threat

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
player, 483 posts
Ex-Sergeant
Polish Artillerist
Sat 19 Jan 2008
at 11:08
  • msg #201

Re: Death From Above

Dawid thought about introducing himself to Stanislaw, the leader of the guerrillas, but decided against it for the moment. Later might be a better time.

Waiting for her operation, Dawid broke off his watch for a few minutes to say a few kind words to Griet.

"My sister, don't worry, the Major will tend to your wounds. You will be fine! You are a strong and brave, and you are far better than those renegade mercenaries in Kraków deserve! So don't give up, okay? I will pray for your swift recovery."

After the one who was nicknamed "Bear died", Dawid attended his body, and that of the man he knew best as "Gunny". Rosary in hand, he said last rites over them both.

"Gunny my friend, although I never knew you well may you find peace and forgiveness at the right hand of the Father. Rest easy now in sacred earth of Poland, for no matter where you came from you are a hero of my people now."

"As for you, "Bear", I did not know you, but you are no doubt a good son of Poland, fighting for the freedom of our people and paying the ultimate price. One day, we shall have it, and you will never, never be forgotten."


Smoking a cigarette after, he reflected on his country, and these strangers that were traveling through it. They came so far, and now some would never leave.

For that matter he thought, I really should strike out on my own. It's far too dangerous accompanying them; the whole point of this trip with Adam was to avoid attracting undue attention, and yet here I am. What I'm doing is too important to risk in heroics on behalf of these strangers.

Damn, I wonder what happened to that helicopter? Is it going to go at us directly? I suppose we shall find out.

The distant thumping of blades and jet turbines announced the imminent arrival of their airborne nemesis.

"Fuck you! Fuck your mother!" He pitched his smoke into the dark river water, murder in his eye.

Forgetting his pledge to attend to his own safety first, he sealed the front of his vest and slapped on his helmet. A man possessed, he ran for the 23mm anti-aircraft gun they had placed on the barge, ignoring his additional personal vow to avoid doing just that.

It wasn't a Mil Mi-24, "just" an armed transport. Perhaps the 23mm armour-piercing rounds would have some negative effect. He reflected he would likely die in the attempt either way, and so there was no point in calling anyone else to share his fate.

Dawid set down his rifle and sat on the cold, metal seat and rotated the gun, aiming through the sights at his foe.

Sighing, he reminded himself of this weapon's limited range and even more limited ammunition supply. He would have to wait and hope that either the helo adopted a stand-off posture and salvo its rockets from long range and miss, or hold fire until it came in close and therefore gave him a chance for a lucky hit.

Failing that, it it fired and hit the damage wouldn't be too severe and he might live to engage it. If it had guided anti-tank rockets as well as unguided rockets, it would fire them from stand-off range, and there would be much grief.


Dawid Piotrowski
23mm ZSU-23 AA gun (33/100 rounds API)
Aiming and waiting

This message was last edited by the player at 12:49, Sat 19 Jan 2008.
Anneka Soleblume
player, 322 posts
Major
Israeli Medic
Sat 19 Jan 2008
at 11:40
  • msg #202

Re: Death From Above

Dropping her weary body down, Anneka allowed herself a few moments rest now that the wounded had been dealt with. One lost and two survived, not bad considering the one doing the cutting had never even held a scapel before!

Just as she was getting comfortable the unmistakable sound that had plagued them reintroduced itself to her fatigued mind.

"Snowy," she said in alarm, "go man the guns!"
Unable to fire a weapon herself she was unsure what she should do. Lifting herself back up she headed unsteadily out of the wardroom, following behind the Australian. Maybe and extra set of eyes could be of some help?
John Yazzie
player, 228 posts
Corporal
USMC
Sat 19 Jan 2008
at 13:32
  • msg #203

Re: Death From Above

John hears the helo and swears to himself...We stayed too long the! John will look over at the Sergeant and say a few words.

"Hey sargeant can you shoot a rocket? I have very little skills but I picked up this hand held. When he passes over you could slam him point blank while I shot at the upper mech area with the sniper rifle what do you say??"

John will wait for the sergeants reply.If he takes the rocket good if not the same for john. He will shot at the weak upper mech area when its at point blank range.



John
Prepping to engage
G3/1911
Clarence Milk
NPC, 117 posts
Chief Warrant Officer 2
U.S. Army Special Forces
Sat 19 Jan 2008
at 17:42
  • msg #204

Re: Death From Above


Shit! You gotta be kiddin' me!

Clarence spots the onrushing chopper and sights on it through his 4x scope. He can't remember the last time he had to fire at a moving aircraft of any kind but he knows that the only way to disrupt the Hip's firing run is to put as much lead- preferably tracer- in the air around it as possible.

He'll wait until it's within maximum range and then put long burst in front of it, timing it (hopefully) so that the helicopter flies through the bullets.

"I'm firing as soon as it's within range. We gotta give the pilot somethin' to think about!"


Milk
L86A2 LSW (30/30)
Leading the chopper with long bursts as soon as it's within range

Trevor 'Snowy' White
player, 250 posts
Australian
Customs Service
Sat 19 Jan 2008
at 17:48
  • msg #205

Port Dushka


[NPCed]

Snowy, physically and emotionally exhausted, feels his last reserves of adrenaline kick in as the sound of the approaching Soviet helicopter grows louder. He rushes up to his station on the port side Dushka and grabs the firing handles, noticing the dark-red blood still on his hands. He attempts to swing the gun's muzzle far enough aft to fring it to bear on the chopper. The heli however, is aligned a good foot and a half to the left of the Dushka's long barrel.


Snowy
port Dushka
Trying to line up on the chopper/ waiting for a shot

Mariusz Tokarski
player, 63 posts
Polish
Teenaged Partisan
Sat 19 Jan 2008
at 18:01
  • msg #206

Aft Dushka

Mariusz was the first to the aft weapon, the one pointing directly at the bastards who helped kill Bear. He checked the weapon was loaded and ready. He grasped the handles and sighted on the HIP. As soon as he judged the helicopter to be within the longest range of the weapon, he began firing, long bursts that played around his sight target, desperate to put lead in the air and praying for a hit.

Mariusz
Aft Dushksa
Long bursts at the HIP.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
player, 488 posts
Ex-Sergeant
Polish Artillerist
Sat 19 Jan 2008
at 18:13
  • msg #207

Forward Gun Position

It was hard to get a bead on the incoming bandit.

However, it seemed that mercifully, it lacked guided rockets (ATGMs) as the AT-3 could be used from 3 km away, and it was closer than that.

"Hey! Fire when it comes within range!"

"It's not armoured!"


In case Anneka or the rest of the crew didn't hear him he bellowed,

"FIRE WHEN IT COMES IN RANGE! IT'S NOT FUCKING ARMOURED!"



Dawid Piotrowski

23mm AU-23 AA Gun (33/100)
Waiting for a clear shot

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
player, 290 posts
Platoon Sergeant
10th Mountain Division
Sat 19 Jan 2008
at 23:18
  • msg #208

Re: Death From Above

John Yazzie:
John hears the helo and swears to himself...We stayed too long the! John will look over at the Sergeant and say a few words.

"Hey sargeant can you shoot a rocket? I have very little skills but I picked up this hand held. When he passes over you could slam him point blank while I shot at the upper mech area with the sniper rifle what do you say??"
Tucker looks over to Yazzie as he hears the sound of the helo coming in.  He begins to reposition the PKM so he can get ready to engage the chopper.  "Negative Yazzie," he says to the Marine sniper.  Not qulified on much past my '203' and I ain't even got that!  I think it'd be a waste of a good rocket if I tried it!"

Tucker
PKM MG
Setting up PKM to engage the Helo

Minh Quyen
player, 96 posts
Spec-4
U.S. Army Military Police
Sun 20 Jan 2008
at 10:04
  • msg #209

Bridge

Quyen climbs out among the twisted and rusting beam's of the bridge. She had better experience with completely knocking down bridges rather than surgically clearing mangled ones for river traffic.  After sizing up a couple weak points she marked them with a grease pencil and made her way back to the demo kit. Nodding to Bayer squatting nearby, she calls over, "Setting charges, just a couple minutes. Depending on how it cuts and falls, the tug may be needed to use a cable to winch out any debris."

Digging out 6 kilogram sticks of explosives she makes her way back, a long coil of det cord wrapped around one shoulder. Teetering above the current below she places two three-kilogram charges. To make efficient use of the blast she places them between the steel stringers underneath and the superstructure above.

The charges had already been prepped while she was on the boat so she begins to finalize the operation by rigging two sets of det cord for each packet of C4, just to ensure a simultaneous explosion.

Halfway done laying one line of det cord she hears the engines of the Krolowa increasing in tempo and volume. A few seconds later some yelling is hear and she looks over her shoulder, a spool of det cord still in her hands. It wasn't the tug, but a helicopter was approaching.

Dropping the spool she runs to cover, putting the bridge between her and the Hip. Unslinging her rifle she watches as the others prepare to engage the helicopter.

Quyen
AK-74 (28/30)
Behind bridge/embankment
Watching helicopter

This message was last edited by the player at 10:06, Sun 20 Jan 2008.
Cap'n Rae
GM, 511 posts
Long-time T2K Fan
First-time GM
Sun 20 Jan 2008
at 23:12
  • msg #210

The Bigger They Are...


The Mi-17 "Hip" hurtles towards the Krolowa, dropping to around 500 feet to commence its attack run. In a back-spray of white smoke, the first rocket slides out of its sleek, silver pod on the left side of the helicopter and races at the tug. With a muffled boom, it kicks up a 50-foot-high shower of white water about 50 meters astern. Mariusz, using his anger at Bear's death to fight back his own fear, squeezes the twin butterfly triggers on the big Soviet machine gun, sending an undulating line of green tracers towards the onrushing airborne behemoth. A second eruption of water only 25m aft indicates the sucessful launching of a second rocket and another large plume of smoke in the helicopter's slipstream promises a third. Mariusz can no longer fight back his fear. He ducks behind the sandbagged parapet, pulling the Dushka's handles down with him and sending a spray of tracers almost directly above the tug before releasing the triggers and curling into the fetal position on the cold quarterdeck.

The sound of the last outgoing rounds merges with a tremendous bang as a 55mm HE rocket detonates on the aft cargo hatches. A wave of heated overpressure pushes down on Mariusz and the sandbags behind which he shelters shudder from multiple shrapnel impacts. The Hip races over the tug, its rotorwash tugging frenetically at the tattered and smoking awning above Mariusz's head. Smoke fills his nostrils and stings his eyes, a bittersweet reminder that he's still alive.

On the barge, Dawid sees the blazing fourth rocket as it screeches over the bridge directly at him. He tumbles off of the gunner's seat on the side opposite where he judges the rocket will hit. An explosion just below the water line on the barge's back, left side rocks the boxy structure, kicking up a few dozen gallons of cold Vistula water. Dawid is drenched by the deluge but otherwise unharmed. A fifth rocket blows apart the nose of the barge and debris rains down around Dawid's head. A sixth and seventh rocket send up geysers 25m and 50m past the barge, respectively. The barge's squared, slab-sided bow is ablaze and it rocks nauseatingly up and down and side to side.

Those on and around the bridge fire at the Hip as it noses up to clear the steel frame and races overhead. Little puffs of smoke along its aluminum sides indicate a few hits, but it drops down on the far side of the bridge and continues along down the river, apparently unperterbed by the ground fire. Chased by tracers from Tuck's PKM (and plenty of unseen rounds from the others), the Hip maintains a straight course for another thousand meters or so before pulling up again and banking hard left (west).

Looking downriver, those on the bridge see several puffs of white smoke coming from an oddly conspicuous clump of vegetation jutting out from the west bank, almost a kilometer away and almost directly below the turning chopper. Larger puffs of smoke and showers of sparks erupt along the Hip's left side. The boxy airframe shudders and bits of smoking debris fall free as it heels over even further, its main rotor nearly perpendicular to the ground. Trailing a tail of flame and smoke, it seems to hang in the air a few seconds before the tail boom swings skyward and the helicopter pitches hard into the ground, sending up a mushroom cloud of fire and greasy black smoke about 100 meters west of the riverbank.

Your tormentor has been destroyed. And it seems you've had a little unexpected help...

Actions?

OOC: T clarify, the tug has been hit once and the barge has been hit twice by 55mm HE rockets. Although Mariusz and Dawid are both shaken up somewhat, no one was injured in the attack.
This message was last edited by the GM at 23:14, Sun 20 Jan 2008.
Anneka Soleblume
player, 324 posts
Major
Israeli Medic
Mon 21 Jan 2008
at 03:50
  • msg #211

Main deck

Too late....

Anneka burst out onto the deck just as the helicopter released the last of it's rockets. Fire blossomed over fifty metres ahead.

No time....

"Snowy!" she screamed, barely able to compete with the retreating helicopter and gunfire streaking up to meet it.
"Get up there! Put out the fire!" Half a dozen extinguishers were located about the tug but none on the barge. Even buckets of sand could be found, and nearly tripped over on many occasions, but nothing on the barge.

"Ground the barge," she continued yelling, this time up to whoever was on the tugs bridge. Although it was a lodestone around their necks, severely limiting the manouverablity of the tug, they needed the barge and it's cargo. Having it sink now would be nearly as bad as loosing the tug itself.

"Everyone else fight the fire!"
Although barely able to stand, she cast aside the MP-5 and began dragging an extinguisher forward. It's heavy weight made for slow going but what else could she do? At least others wouldn't have as far to go for a fresh cylinder...
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
player, 490 posts
Ex-Sergeant
Polish Artillerist
Mon 21 Jan 2008
at 04:11
  • msg #212

Barge AA Gun

Picking himself up, Dawid once again sat in the gunner's chair, gripping the controls.

He was deafened by the nearby explosions, so he couldn't tell where the helicopter was located.

Scanning the skies, he knew there was a fire somewhere behind him, but fighting it would be someone else's job until the air threat was dealt with.


Dawid Piotrowski
23mm AA Gun (33/100 rounds API)
[Private to GM: Rockets don't hit instantly and they are an LOS weapon. So while it was shooting at the barge Dawid should have gotten a shot off at the helo?]
Konrad Bayer
player, 403 posts
Hauptmann
Panzergrenadier
Mon 21 Jan 2008
at 04:15
  • msg #213

Bridge

Minh Quyen:
"Setting charges, just a couple minutes. Depending on how it cuts and falls, the tug may be needed to use a cable to winch out any debris."


Bayer nods tiredly and after a long pause, accompanies his gesture with "Right. We're not expecting miracles. Just do what you can and we see where we go from there."

Still squatting to take the heavy load off, he looks over at Tucker manning the machinegun, and then down the bridge for any sign of Milk and the partisan. The sound of the approaching helicopter causes him to sharply stand upright. He freezes for a moment, hoping it'll just go by. When it doesn't, and begins its attack run he looks for any cover and decides to join Quyen behind the embankment.

Being on the embankment and near the bridge he catches sight of the anti-aircraft fire nearly a kilometer away. Grabbing his radio he calls Milk, "Clarence, Sunray. Do those partisans have anyone else out here? Reference, 1000 meters downriver, left bank, unknown concealed position. Over."

He digs into his webbing for his binos and tries to make out the camouflaged position.

Bayer
G36/HK69
Embankment next to bridge
Observing unknown position with binos

This message was last edited by the player at 04:16, Mon 21 Jan 2008.
John Yazzie
player, 229 posts
Corporal
USMC
Mon 21 Jan 2008
at 04:25
  • msg #214

Bridge security

"Holy fuck tucker! You see that shit? Some one else down river fucked them up big time. Do you see if the tug is still there I cant see it from my angle...That ambush might have been for us or it might be helpful who knows.."

"I think we stay here and hold security until we recieve word"

"Hauptmann this is Knife. Me and Tucker are good here..The helo got fucked by a group about a klick down the river very heavy fire. Will hold security here until your word."


John will hold position until he recieves word. He will also continue to make his position better cover and concealment.


John
Above actions
G3/1911
This message was last edited by the player at 05:31, Mon 21 Jan 2008.
Jason Kasparov
player, 47 posts
Warrant Officer 1
U.S. Army Blackhawk Pilot
Mon 21 Jan 2008
at 04:52
  • msg #215

Re:  Edge of the Bridge

"Son of a bitch" Jason swears as he watches the copter crash and burn. "May God have mercy on their souls."

"The ship took a few hits. I can watch here, why don't you see if they need any help. It seems we have some friends in the area."

Jason looks at Milk. "If you hear shooting though, I'd appreciate if you came back."

Tossing out a spent magazine, Jason reloads his AK-47, and returns to bridge sitting.

Jason Kasparov
Bridge watcher
AK-47 15/15
Mariusz Tokarski
player, 64 posts
Polish
Teenaged Partisan
Mon 21 Jan 2008
at 07:47
  • msg #216

Re:  Edge of the Bridge

Shaken but glad to be still alive, Marusz grabbed the nearest fire extinguisher and headed towards the flames, picking up a second extinguisher as he went. He got as close to the blaze as he could before starting to fight the fire with the equipment that he had brought. Feeling his face flush from the heat, he operated the first extinguisher.
Sign In